COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sub Sink.4362

Sub Sink.4362

Commander Icons

General PVE Commander Icon = Purchasable With Gold
WVW Commander Icon = Purchasable With WVW Point System
Dungeon Commander Icon = Purchasable with Dungeon Tokens
Guild Commander Icon = Purchasable with Guild Commendations.
-Different color map Icons for each type of commander icon.

Likely late for this type of change now but… this is something that should have been separate from the start IMO.

I would like to know if the people I’m rolling dungeons with have a tag that shows they know what they are doing… same with WvW Commanders. General PvE Commanders… would be nice for zergs or general directions etc… and Guild Commanders for easy locating during guild missions and such.

Anyway… that’s it.

All the best,
SKiNBuS.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

While I agree that getting the status of commander should almost exactly follow those guidelines for WvW…. can you imagine the uproar of well-known commanders losing their tags due to an update?

As far as PvE goes, since gold is already how you get the status, there is no need for a change here…

I don’t see any need for a dungeon commander status…. though it might be cool to show that you are experienced in a particular dungeon when you join a pug.

What would the guild commander thing be used for though?

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Sub Sink.4362

While I agree that getting the status of commander should almost exactly follow those guidelines for WvW…. can you imagine the uproar of well-known commanders losing their tags due to an update?

Yeah, that would be the tough part. But I’m sure some brainstorming on the Dev’s end could come up with a solution or option. Or since they paid gold already for it… ALL current commanders have the option of changing the color of the map icon to PvE or WvW. Further more… and experienced WvW commanders would already have the points to spare or say at rank 100 or whatever you you auto get the tag option as a reward.

As far as PvE goes, since gold is already how you get the status, there is no need for a change here…

Map Icon color would be the change… but yeah, other than that… not much change.

I don’t see any need for a dungeon commander status…. though it might be cool to show that you are experienced in a particular dungeon when you join a pug.

I don’t either ‘really’ but was just throwing it out there. Another achievement or something to work towards etc… something else to do for those who are bored to death. As well as the pug thing. I know it would be more useful than 98% of the titles you get under your name

What would the guild commander thing be used for though?

Guild Commander icon would be very helpful in my opinion. Group leaders of challenges, puzzles, and finding bounties on the map etc… being able to see clearly who you are working with and or who is in charge would be priceless. Sure the WvW one works but… I personally have no desire to buy a WvW tag as I do not participate in WvW but it would be nice to have a Guild one for guild event organization.

Thanks for the reply and input,
SKiN.

(edited by Sub Sink.4362)

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

My only issue with a “WvW specific” commander is the fact that the achievements are account but the WXP system is character, which would it follow? If account, do I get a tag on all my toons?

I have 2 tags, I’m also in a hardcore WvW guild so I’m always on either 1 of my 2 toons with a tag. Neither of which are rank 100 and let’s be honest, you can karma train rank 100 in 2 weeks, so I don’t see that being a valid “you are worthy of a commander tag”.

I think WvW tags should be guild bound. Take the Guild Merits from PvE. Some kind of system that allows a guild to overtake, hold and defend an objective (camp, tower, keep) that they’ve claimed offers WvW merits, allowing for Art of War upgrades and eventually WvW public and WvW guild tags.

Art of War 6 + 50 WvW Guild Merits + 20 people in guild = 1 WvW private tag
Same but 50 people in guild = 1 WvW public tag

Just spitballin’ ideas, but I’d like to see more WvW specific rewards for a guild other than the Stat increases which require you to be in range and are more for the server rather than the guild.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Sub Sink.4362

I hear ya. My idea’s are not specific to what exactly should be done… just some idea’s to toss around and thoughts. How hard or exactly what steps or points should have been used to achieve a WvW commander tag… I do not know. What I DO know is that is shouldn’t have been gold.

Thanks for the reply and ideas,
SKiN.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I hear ya. My idea’s are not specific to what exactly should be done… just some idea’s to toss around and thoughts. How hard or exactly what steps or points should have been used to achieve a WvW commander tag… I do not know. What I DO know is that is shouldn’t have been gold.

Thanks for the reply and ideas,
SKiN.

Agreed. My first tag was back when we had 50 active people and the 100g wasn’t hard to gather, the pain was, trying to follow our military structure, was deciding who got the tag.

Even worse, of the 13 tags we’ve purchased, 2 are still active… If guilds could tag people within tkittenb and flow of guilds and online games, it wouldn’t be like this. Gold for a tag is stupid and a better solution for WvW specific guilds needs to be introduced.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpiritFX.6508

SpiritFX.6508

Hello, I believe it is a good idea to create another kind of commander, commander guild, the pin that commander can only be seen by guild members. That would help a lot to improve the frequency and enjoyment of the guilds in WXW, because many do not feel prepared to command an entire server, but your guild is. We see dozens of pin commander active in LA or PVE, but WXW are all inactive. Sell one for 50 gold would be perfect.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Sub Sink.4362

Hello, I believe it is a good idea to create another kind of commander, commander guild, the pin that commander can only be seen by guild members. That would help a lot to improve the frequency and enjoyment of the guilds in WXW, because many do not feel prepared to command an entire server, but your guild is. We see dozens of pin commander active in LA or PVE, but WXW are all inactive. Sell one for 50 gold would be perfect.

Not a bad idea either… or at the least another angle to look at tags from.

I still strongly believe that all WvW tags should be earned in one way or another though… not purchased with gold. PvE… gold purchasable tag, no problem… all other means or suggestions should still to some sort of alternate currency (tokens, points, or # of kills) or something like that.

Thanks for your input,
SKiN.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainCanada.5374

CaptainCanada.5374

Why point system and not badges? Badges should be the way to purchase a WvW tag. Badges are WvW currency. Say 1000 badges. 1000 badges would not be hard to obtain, but getting 1000 badges would get you enough experience in WvW that should help you enough to be able to start commanding.

Also with dungeon commander tag. There is no need. That is what titles are for.

Leader of Voodoó [ôïô]

(edited by CaptainCanada.5374)

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Sub Sink.4362

Why point system and not badges? Badges should be the way to purchase a WvW tag. Badges are WvW currency. Say 1000 badges. 1000 badges would not be hard to obtain, but getting 1000 badges would get you enough experience in WvW that should help you enough to be able to start commanding.

Also with dungeon commander tag. There is no need. That is what titles are for.

Sure… why not badges? I personally think that would be way too easy.

Reason this wouldn’t be my 1st choice at a solution would be:
You can zerg (not lead, but be part of a zerg) and earn hundreds of badges quickly and easily.

Also something that would have to be taken into consideration would be:
If you are on a winning or commonly losing server.

Doesn’t mean for sure that X person is a bad at commanding or shouldn’t be able to obtain a commander tag as easy as a server that commonly wins.

Maybe X person will be the best commander or is the best commander the server has but… because they don’t Zerg badges or do the jumping puzzle regularly… they are prevented from getting a Commander Tag as easily.

Zerg Server = Tons of Badges and in turn… more commander tag access.
Low Pop Server = Less Badges and in turn… less commander tag access.

They would have to find a way to make this fair. What that is exactly… I’m not sure.

Badges… I don’t think are the solution.

Like I mentioned a little above… the badges you get from the WvW Jumping Puzzle would define you a good leader then as well. People farm those regularly… which with badges as commander currency… the JP would count towards funds for a Commander Tag.

Thanks for the reply,
SKiN.

The idea is that you have to “earn” your status as a commander… show that you are a good leader or experienced. Easy, does not fit into that category. You will not find a “good” or “experienced”… manager, CEO, or boss, etc… that got their easy.

(edited by Sub Sink.4362)

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

“Dungeon Commander Icon "

I don’t understand this. WHAT.
5 man dungeon and still needs commander icon to those 4 people to follow it?
or wut the hell is DUNGEON COMMANDER!

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Sub Sink.4362

Really not important… I was just throwing ideas around. It wasn’t as much about the icon “in” the dungeon anyway… it was more about grouping with or seeing it ‘outside’ the dungeons… like a title showing an experienced dungeon-eer vs a Pug.

My suggestions or thoughts are not and were not carved out of stone… just tossing some ideas out there… creative thinking if you will.

Thanks for taking the time to put your words together though real helpful

Take Care,
SKiN.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

+1 to the guild commander tag – it helps in countless guild events including guild missions. The guild commander tag should be a different color, like orange. Instead of purchasing it the guild should have a tick box in the permission to “let” the rank of people to use guild commander tags – it would also allow for a custom group of non-officer members to have the commander tags in a special rank group.

Back to the normal commander Doritos – that’s OK as is.

But in WvW there should be an additional gating factor to turn on your tag by using guild influence or something like that. A combination of guild influence and special commander experience points could be the basis for having a commander be active in WvW.

In support of this idea I suggest that you can activate your commander tag in WvW so long as the guild builds and has the “show commander” upgrade for you to activate in WvW which gives you a 6 hour buff. This buff allows your dorito to be seen on the map and also allows you to earn “commander victory points”. In the WvW menu you can use commander victory points to extend the buff or even buy it if it wears off. You win “commander victory points” when you succeed at an event or kill a certain number of players. The points can also be used to que upgrades on towers and keeps instead of using silver or karma, and can also be used to purchase claim buffs for your guild in the WvW menu.

This would help cut down on commanders who are ineffective and at the same time make it sustainable and helpful for commanders who spend a long time in WvW.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i like this idea! here’s something to think about — our guild does a LOT of guild events, such as jumping puzzles, exploration runs, etc. it would be lovely, since we have to group up in teams of five, if we had some kind of tag we could get that would allow us to find the “leader” of each respective group, easily. my husband (guild leader) and i have spoken of getting the wvw commander tags for this purpose, but we DON’T want to do that, because we are NOT good enough in wvw to have folk following us — so, while we can target one person in a group, folk in other groups can’t see/follow that target easily.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Really not important… I was just throwing ideas around. It wasn’t as much about the icon “in” the dungeon anyway… it was more about grouping with or seeing it ‘outside’ the dungeons… like a title showing an experienced dungeon-eer vs a Pug.

My suggestions or thoughts are not and were not carved out of stone… just tossing some ideas out there… creative thinking if you will.

Thanks for taking the time to put your words together though real helpful

Take Care,
SKiN.

Besides dungeon commander, those ideas are great btw.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’m against using Guild Missions as a gate for WvW commander status. Why should purely PvE activities affect an individual’s ability to command in PvP?
And as others have mentioned, Dungeon Commander isn’t really necessary, but I understand that SKiNBuS was trying to cover all potential bases.
Otherwise, good stuff.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Commander Icons

General PVE Commander Icon = Purchasable With Gold
WVW Commander Icon = Purchasable With WVW Point System
Dungeon Commander Icon = Purchasable with Dungeon Tokens
Guild Commander Icon = Purchasable with Guild Commendations.
-Different color map Icons for each type of commander icon.

Likely late for this type of change now but… this is something that should have been separate from the start IMO.

I would like to know if the people I’m rolling dungeons with have a tag that shows they know what they are doing… same with WvW Commanders. General PvE Commanders… would be nice for zergs or general directions etc… and Guild Commanders for easy locating during guild missions and such.

Anyway… that’s it.

All the best,
SKiNBuS.

The only one I like is Guild Commander. This is something we really need, not only for big guilds, also for small ones. I don’t think they should be bought with commendations though, cause that would exclude a big share of the community of ever getting them (guilds without guild missions). I think it would be best if they let them be bought through influence (50k influence = 100g), and the leader of the guild can give them out to people who are responsible for WvW.

Also add a way to buy normal commander for WvW with badges please

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

sirendor, what about those who do NOT do wvw/pvp, but could use some kind of “targeting laser” for group/guild activities? part of what’s being broached, and that we’re hopeful of getting implemented, are guild-related tags of SOME sort that are useful and for use solely OUTSIDE of wvw/pvp.

COMMANDERS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Well i’m ok with guild commander tag, as long as it isn’t being paid with commendations, but with influence. As for normal commander, I only said add an option for badges, not “only let them be bought with badges”.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain