Can a Mod close this topic please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moss Mannikin.1905

Moss Mannikin.1905

A NET. Well done on a lovely game. One thing that I would really love to see as a guild leader is how active my members are and when last they have been online. Please incorporate that. Keep up the good work… Moss Mannikin Leader of Ons kom vat jou kak (Sars)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Does anyone else agree by the way? Why or why not?

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yes the guild system could use a lot of love. “Last logged in time” or “last represented time” would certianly help guild leadership manage rosters better. Also having some sort of “guild commander” upgrade to help coordinate guild groups for activites.

The current commander and squad just doesn’t work sometimes for guild activites. Sometimes you don’t want the “blue zerg magnet” attracting people to a guild activity.

Hopefully we see some changes soon.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yes I agree, but I need to qualify my agreement. Your suggestion is rather vague, no one will disagree that making something better is wrong (so frankly I think everyone agrees with you). Your exact wording is:

I think that it’d be an awesome if Anet could improve the Guild Page/Tab. Make Managing Guilds easier and update the page.

And yes making something better is always good, but it’s hard for people to agree or disagree explicitly because at this point you don’t have so much a suggestion as a sentiment.

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

100% agree.

Guild leadership needs a “last time logged in/represented the guild” feature. How are guild leaders able to manage their guild if they have no accurate idea of active members are in the guild? Should we start recruiting, do we have enough players… there is no way to check who is still playing regularly.

add this feature!!

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

Seeing lots of threads about this started by different people.

Arenanet…. I think this is something many guilds are looking for.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

As a leader myself I think this is a must and should be added ASAP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightcore.7839

Nightcore.7839

I’ve personally wanted better guild management tools for a long while. Simple things like listing the last log in time would make “cleaning” so much easier. It would also be nice to know how often someone represents your guild (someone in your guild that never reps is just as worthless as someone who never logs in, in my opinion). I’d also like to see a seperation of certain permissions, like invite, kick, and demote/promote. I want more people capable of inviting others into the guild, but i’d rather not give them the ability to kick others.

Another idea I’d like to see is having the guild message of the day display when you log in because right now, i know alot of people simply dont see it, and telling people in chat to go look at it is silly, because you may as well just type the message in chat instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Hi,

So I know myself and my guild leader both want this, but we have come from Guild Wars 1. We are used to knowing when a person was last online.

We would really like to have this visible in both the guild window and friends list again, as well as last represented for the guild menu so that we can keep track of people who are not helping out in the guild.

I hope this is possible,

Rurik

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

This may help -- I’ve noticed that folks who haven’t been online in a while are just shown as "Unknown" for their location. I am not 100% sure on the length of time that triggers this, though, but it seems to be more than a couple of weeks.

That said, sometimes after a patch everyone gets listed like this until they log in once.

In any case, it’s not what you’re asking for but keeping an eye on that may help in the interim.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Unknown just means they have not been on since the last update, usually.

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

Yes there needs to be a feature to show “last time online and last time represented”

How are guild leaders supposed to manage a guild or know when to recruit when they have no way to track active members.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Totally agree. It’s difficult to remove inactive players unless you keep a list yourself. This really should have been introduced at launch. The feature was part of the guild system in Guild Wars 1, so I fail to see why it isn’t in Guild Wars 2.

noice

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

This has been asked for tons of times and yes we do need it.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Dear Arenanet,
As a guild leader, I’m really upset by the fact that a simple feature as showing Guild Message in the chat panel when a guildie logs in game isn’t implemented, this feature was present in GW1 and was extremely useful.
As it is now, people just don’t open the guild panel to see if the message has changed since last time and we (me + officiers) are forced to spam important notifications in the guild chat to be sure that everyone got the message.
This is a very essential fetaure to help guild management and I really can’t understand why you chose to exclude it in the initial release and still now we didn’t get any official statement from you.
Please Arenanet, tell us something, either that you introduce or not the feature, but don’t ignore us.
Oh, another very useful missing feature: Let us EDIT the guild message, dont force us to rewrite it all the times if we want to change a letter.
Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

P.S.
Sorry for bad English.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

(edited by stemare.2578)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

agreed, we have alot of those problems aswell with people being too lazy to click g and check if something is going on..

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

I want this too, among other things, but the likelihood of ANet noticing and acting upon threads like this is inconceivably small.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

So, noone else is interested?

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I am, definitely, interested in this.

Add guild notifications in the chat log, and upon login display whatever is posted as guild news as a guild MOTD in your chat log.

Great incentives to inform your guildies and get more cooperative play and let you know when your guildies login/logout.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Guild Wars 1 had a great system in Guild Management that shows Last time logged in and join date. I would like to see the feature back in GW2!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Yeah, much needed indeed!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

Make it so.. much needed change.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir K E V.1027

Sir K E V.1027

Very very much needed! Make life a lot easier as a guild leader.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Looking forward to see this function back so much. Would make guild management so much easier. Cant believe its not in here laready.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

This must be one of the most suggested topics I see on the forum and I am again adding my support. We want it, bad! Please

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

Yes I agree, but I need to qualify my agreement. Your suggestion is rather vague, no one will disagree that making something better is wrong (so frankly I think everyone agrees with you). Your exact wording is:

I think that it’d be an awesome if Anet could improve the Guild Page/Tab. Make Managing Guilds easier and update the page.

And yes making something better is always good, but it’s hard for people to agree or disagree explicitly because at this point you don’t have so much a suggestion as a sentiment.

Let me add more detail then:

Seeing the exact date/time players last logged in, when they last represented, how long players have represented, improved roster list (example: viewing ONLY certain ranks instead of having to scroll through the entire list), guild chat (maybe?), more organized page (maybe customizable (with preset backgrounds and more) pages and layout)

And anything else anyone can come up with. Guilds can be really disorganized and should be updated for better organization and allowing leaders to more easily manage their guilds.

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

Possibly add a new ranking system for the guilds so guild members can see who are the top dogs, who have been there longest or something along those lines.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lensor.9684

lensor.9684

My wish list, from small tweaks to larger overhauls:

• Last online/last repped/rep%
  • Confirmation for kicking/demoting etc (seriously, who decided that putting “kick” right next to “whisper”, with no confirmation dialogue, was a good idea?)
  • Show people’s home server, not just where they currently are guesting to.
  • Join date.
  • A way to edit guild announcements. ATM it is a total PITA to change just a small thing.
  • A static portion of the announcement (for stuff like forum address, vent login details etc.)
  • Showing the guild announcement automatically in chat on log-in (if repping of course), just as in GW1.
  • Being able to set automatic demote/promotes (like, having an "inactive " rank for people who have not been online for 1 month or whatever).
  • Being able to make a “will” as in who should be made guild leader in case of emergency (ban, prolonged illness, death, quitting the game, stepping down) and set a time frame for when leadership should be inheritedif not actively stepping down .
  • Guild Squad Leader. Like a commander, just with a different map symbol only viewable to guild members. (I would actually also like a way to denote someone a party leader, especially in WvW it would be handy to know which blue dot to follow lol).
  • Ask when creating a new character if they want to represent a guild (I cannot count the number of people who didn’t know that new characters are not repping by defaut, they just thought the guild turned really really quiet..)
Bark N Mad [Dii] ~ The Order of Dii Guild Officer ~ Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laz.1603

Laz.1603

>>Confirmation for kicking/demoting etc (seriously, who decided that putting “kick” right next to “whisper”, with no confirmation dialogue, was a good idea?)

Also, “kick from guild” is too near to “kick from party”… Sometimes it cause problems.

in Suggestions

Dezarys.1372

^ Lol yeah i’ve kicked some members out by accident because of that

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

My wish list, from small tweaks to larger overhauls:

• Last online/last repped/rep%
  • Join date.
  • A way to edit guild announcements. ATM it is a total PITA to change just a small thing.
  • A static portion of the announcement (for stuff like forum address, vent login details etc.)
  • Showing the guild announcement automatically in chat on log-in (if repping of course), just as in GW1.
  • Guild Squad Leader. Like a commander, just with a different map symbol only viewable to guild members.

Agree to all the those ones, especially that last one. They need to add a guild commander or a way for the current commander to “hide” his pin AND still retain all the functions of a squad. Lack of private grouping system for over 5 people is terrible atm.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sagittario.5189

Sagittario.5189

Hello,
the information about players displayed in Guild Roster at time moment is inadequate for an effective guild management.
There are 400+ people in larger guilds, many of them inactive or never representing, but you can’t keep an eye on every single person. You need a tool.

Please, add actually useful information to Guild Roster, for example:

• Total Influence earned for Guild
  • Time since the last time a person was online and representing
  • Total time online and representing

Thank you
~Sagi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Creasul Helmgart.6103

Creasul Helmgart.6103

totally bumping this thread!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oneye.9245

Oneye.9245

Guild leaders really very much need to be able to see how long certain players/accounts have been offline. For instance a “last login” date. This should be a high priority for an upcoming patch. Seriously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GlacialChaff.9736

GlacialChaff.9736

Great idea!!!! It would be great if there could be seen how much influence has been earned by each member of the guild.

in Suggestions

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

You need to edit the original post with some actual suggestions before I’ll +1 it.
Here are some ideas:

Last online status.

Branching guild ranks as opposed to the linear ranking system we have at the moment.

Automated promotion / demotion system based on leader defined qualifiers (ie: new members become full members after X days, etc.).

Multiple guild leaders (may be possible at the moment, but I’ve not experimented with it).

Confirmation windows with clear messages when making changes that may affect your leadership status.

Larger message of the day.

EDITABLE message of the day that doesn’t erase the entire text when you decide to edit it.

Leader replacement voting system if singular or multiple leaders have been offline for a leader-defined amount of time.

Some form of activity of the day voting system, where members can vote on what they think the guild should be doing on a daily basis.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

I want this too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kruttmusa.8364

Kruttmusa.8364

The lack of management is why I haven’t even started recruiting/announcing…
Sad really.
The game is called Guild Wars after all.

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

Sorely needed feature to help guild leadership manage a guild.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Ahmrill.7512

100% agree! Sorely needed!

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

That + last seen + better permission system… everything needed!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Betonboor.7154

Betonboor.7154

I believe we’ve been asking for this (and the “last seen online” feature) for quite some time now. In all honesty, it doesn’t seem too difficult to implement, so I’m not sure why it’s taking so long. Especially when you compare it to something as complex as guild missions, which are already in the game.

Maybe to ArenaNet this seems like just a small low-priority feature, but we really need this stuff! Managing even a mid-sized guild is currently unnecessarily difficult and a real pain.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

There are like 50 topics about this feature, and lots of other missing pieces of guild management. So, yeah, people want this. No idea why it hasn’t been implemented yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

This thread was renamed because of another thread with a similar name.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Lets try to keep all these suggestions together in one topic. If I look in the suggestions almost every page has multiple topics about it.

There is one big topic about it. on page 4 of that topic I summed up all the suggestions about guild-options (two post long) if your suggestion is not in it please add in that topic:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

^ lol wtf is going on there?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I looked for topics about guild-improvements and found about 7 similar (in the first 3 or 4 pages) and posted that message in all of them so people would only use one big topic.

Looks like the Moderator in this case is some automated system trying to merge topics but what it did was remove all the topics (in stead of one) and place my comments from those topics all in this topic.

Luckily I already read those topics and added new suggestions to the list on the topic I mentioned. So they did not get lost and most suggestions where already on there.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bita.1402

Bita.1402

Guild management needs a lot of love. This game should have all the best qualities of all MMO guild systems put together and more on top. Why’s that? Well look at the title of the game. This is GUILD wars after all! Right now our guild is frustrated by the new guild missions and not being able to create groups larger than 5 – how the heck are we supposed to be able to do these as a GUILD without larger “raid” type groups. Expecting any of us to dish out 100 euros to buy commander is ridiculous. What if the person (who would make a great commander) leaves the guild? I’ve been very supportive of Arenanet’s F2P solutions and have paid happily for the “nice to have” features, but this is one I strongly disagree with and which angers and frustrates me. MMOs are all about being social (otherwise we might as well be playing single player games) – why restrict group sizes to 5 for guild missions???

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lii.8720

Lii.8720

I think all we can do is keep pulling this thread up. I am a Leader who has to manage our roster and all I can do is put them in an inactivity rank until they come back online. However, it doesn’t help to know who is active and if we need to invite more. Please keep this thread alive until we get this option added to the game.