Can we bypass downed state with a suicide button?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

Some classes downstates are completely usless while others are more OP than any combat inbalance ever. Can we just get a suicide button so we can get into the action faster?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I completely agree with this. I’m missing precious uptime in battles because I’m waiting for someone to come around and finish the job. I can count on 1 finger the amount of times someone forgot about me and I was able to get back up.

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: xloz.6280

xloz.6280

I would agree with this option If I didn’t know about slam timing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

Roll an elementalist.

j/k, but no it’s true, at the moment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Roll a warrior. Your suicide button even lets you play your character for 15 seconds before you respawn.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

yeah and I hate it when players just stand away and spam ranged skills I’ll be like COME ON KILL ME ALREADY

in Suggestions

Posted by: Veon.4679

Veon.4679

Well if the enemy has won and don’t need to finish you fast for a rally or something then it’s beneficial to them to waste your time and even force a 20s respawn timer.
They should just balance the downed states obviously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zardar.7508

Zardar.7508

Everything needs balancing on a 1vs1 aspect…….Who cares about grp?99% of people complaining about other op classes comes from 1vs1 defeats…..Sooooooo???Anet what are you doing?Why make the game a 5vs5 balanced instead of 1vs1?!Just fail.everyone wants to feel and be the best pvper so if not balanced classes lets just all roll the same class thats most op for the time being and start kicking,that’s just the truth!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

I disagree on this, people focus too much on a 1v1 basis while this game’s main focus is 5v5. Keeping an enemy in a downed state can also be used beneficial, you can delay him from respawning to give your team an advantage on the field.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

I disagree on this, people focus too much on a 1v1 basis while this game’s main focus is 5v5. Keeping an enemy in a downed state can also be used beneficial, you can delay him from respawning to give your team an advantage on the field.

That’s exactly a part of the problem with the downed state, you can keep someone in it almost indefinitely, depending on their profession of course. It was not designed for that purpose, it’s an exploit of the mechanic.

in Suggestions

DonRobeez.3560

That’s exactly a part of the problem with the downed state, you can keep someone in it almost indefinitely, depending on their profession of course. It was not designed for that purpose, it’s an exploit of the mechanic.

I’d rather see bypassing the downed state as an exploit as it gives you an advantage rather than giving the opponent a + for making use of such a tactic. It’s not like this happens often.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

How can anyone force you to remain in downstate almost indefinitely? All you have to do is not use 4 and let yourself bleed out.

in Suggestions

DonRobeez.3560

And that doesn’t take very long.
Not just that, you lost, you have to deal with the consequences.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Actually it is way faster to load a mesmer or thief with tons of dots (if you run a condition spec) than chasing them for an eternity.

The downstates of them compared to other classes are just nuts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

This is a silly idea if you just think of it for more then half a second. There will eventually be people who will suicide regardless of the situation, for whatever reason. A lot of people are not you, and they don’t care what happens. Casual players mostly don’t care and are just playing the game.

As soon as this happens, downed enemies are up and the fight completely changes. I don’t think that’s what anyone would want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

this would be neat like if you type /kill you suicide regardless of downed state.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

would like this ,its nice to go down swinging but if you are in an pool or getting targetd by constant aoe why not just accept it and move on instead of hoping for a helping hand to come by. (So many people don’t res in dungeons…)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hobgoblyn.7984

Hobgoblyn.7984

I think a better choice would be to balance out the abilities available to players in down states. All players should be allowed to heal themselves back into battle if ignored or be able to continue to do damage to enemies within a reasonable range so that the enemy would be encouraged to finish them off rather than trying to hold them in an inescapable state of limbo.