Character Talking Animation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

Something that bugs me is that when you make your character talk, they just stand there motionless.. almost soulless. What if you implemented some animation, similar to what you use in the Personal Story cutscenes, to make your characters more alive?

Basically, what World of Warcraft is using during in-game chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Second Life does this as well. It records when the user is typing it gives some visual feedback. It sort of works, sort of doesn’t and here is why.

Many times players will start typing, then delete what they were initially saying, then start again, and then stop. The other players all the while are sitting there waiting for some epic story and all you get is, “:)”

Or, are you saying that once you’ve pressed the return key, the character will basically just “animate” for a time relative to the amount of text?

As someone who enjoys the role-playing aspect of MMO’s, I would love to have some more character animations to give my character some life. I do agree, when everyone is just standing around chatting, it looks very static and non-engaging. Ideally it would look like all the characters were involved in a conversation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

Thing is, this worked in WoW, so why shouldn’t it work in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

I don’t agree with this – I’d much rather my mouth gaps open and closed after words based on the length of the text I put in instead, and I’d rather not that.

Walking around looking at a bunch of “heroes” who are standing around slamming their mouths open and shut like a bunch of lobotomized school children for 40 minutes because people are having conversations makes me feel like I’m playing “Special Ed 2” not “Guild Wars 2”.