Class Balance

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greg.8712

Greg.8712

Arena net needs to balance classes… Warriors are beyond over powered to the point where its hard for people to join a party to do a dungeon if they aren’t one because everybody wants the DPS that only warriors can do. Nobody plays Engineer, why? because they’re completely useless! I play Ranger and I have tons of fun and I don’t want to switch my class but I feel obligated to level up my Warrior to 80 just so I’ll be able to join the dungeons. I shouldn’t have to feel obligated to change my class just because Anet won’t nerf an the obviously OP Classes.

Can someone tell me why Arena Net hasn’t made this change yet?
And if they plan on doing it?

(edited by Moderator)

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Actually, the character/class distribution seems very even, according to gw2census. Yes, you have a handful more warriors (13.6%), guardians (13.4%) and elementalists (!) (13.7%) than Engineers (10.9%), but it’s hardly that “nobody” plays an engineer.
http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=total÷=charprofession

Secondly, I hear all kinds of different things from different players – that warriors are the most boring class to play or the most fun to play; that they are completely overpowered or underpowered; and I’ve pretty much heard the same for most of the other classes as well. Makes it seem balanced enough to me…

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Greg.8712

Actually, the character/class distribution seems very even, according to gw2census. Yes, you have a handful more warriors (13.6%), guardians (13.4%) and elementalists (!) (13.7%) than Engineers (10.9%), but it’s hardly that “nobody” plays an engineer.
http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=total÷=charprofession

Secondly, I hear all kinds of different things from different players – that warriors are the most boring class to play or the most fun to play; that they are completely overpowered or underpowered; and I’ve pretty much heard the same for most of the other classes as well. Makes it seem balanced enough to me…

I’m not talking about the game over all, I’m talking about doing dungeons. In every dungeon they want warriors more often then any other class because they’re damage out put is quite high. If you want to be hardcore grind dungeons fast for tokens and money like I do, it will be more difficult to do so because nobody wants the other classes for speed runs in general other then then ideal 4 warriors and 1 mesmer.

And sure there is 10% engineer but who plays the engineer a lot like they would other classes? the 10% are probably mostly Idle characters

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Funny enough, I main an engineer, dungeons and all. (I haven’t done fractals yet though.)

Edit: you can split up that gw2census pie chart to show the numbers for main and alt characters separately, there’s not much of a difference.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Greg.8712

Funny enough, I main an engineer, dungeons and all. (I haven’t done fractals yet though.)

I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m saying if a speed run group sees an engineer there they will most likely kick them just like they would most classes. I’m talking about Hardcore, not casual

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

That’s not what your first post says… would you like to go back and edit it accordingly? :p

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Greg.8712

I talked about dungeons?

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Greg.8712

that was an oopsies by me sorry

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Not sure, but would it be possible for them to design/redesign dungeon encounter that do not favor/limit the usefulness of burst.

Basically stop trying to get the profession fixed all at once, but change the content to work with the dynamics that they are ready have in place.

Probably wouldn’t happen I think the company’s stance on this for players to find like minded groups and form guilds based on playing the content in a way counter-productive to the current community meta on how to run dungeons.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If different dungeon paths favored different classes, maybe. But since the classes really aren’t that different in terms of the tools they have available to them (condition damaeg, stability, etc.)… not sure how this would be done.

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Edit: you can split up that gw2census pie chart to show the numbers for main and alt characters separately, there’s not much of a difference.

To add to that, I’ve got an engi in fotm and literally never had problems joining groups.

Engis in GW2 are like mesmers in GW1. Absurdly overpowered in the hands of skilled players yet detested by PUGs.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

I’ve a feeling your more talking about COF p1 speed run thingies… that’s as far as i know the only one, they “want” 5 warrior.

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: PolidiS.4327

PolidiS.4327

I suggest you take a walk on WvW… I can assure you Warriors and Rangers are being seriously pwned on duels (Zerg vs Zerg is more about tactics)… On the other hand Engineers are pretty awsome, also thieves and some mesmers. So it’s pretty much the opposite as you are saying.

The real issue about balance is the big difference between PvE / WvW / PvP.. Anet says they are working on it, there has been some changes on PvP, but WvW is still same as PvE.

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

The simple difference is that warrior skills are built around being countered by dodge.

Their big hitters can all be rendered moot this way, either because they root the warrior or send him moving on a fixed path.

but mobs, unlike players, do not dodge.

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: PolidiS.4327

PolidiS.4327

The simple difference is that warrior skills are built around being countered by dodge.

Their big hitters can all be rendered moot this way, either because they root the warrior or send him moving on a fixed path.

but mobs, unlike players, do not dodge.

That is correct. For example a greatsword warrior is easy to kill if you succeed to evade his bull charges + 100 blades, which are pretty obvious. Same for Hammer builds, totally stun-based but really slow and predictable. Plus, both bull charge and the big hammer stomp are totally broken, they miss all the time.

I do not run a warrior but a good friend does and it’s really frustrating seeing how your only viable combos fail over and over.

I run a d/d thief, and dodge + blind on stealth totally neutralizes any warrior attack.

Warriors need urgent fix on PvP / WvW

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

You are speaking of CoF path 1 not dungeons. Nowhere else I have ever happened to see people asking for that team composition.
Besides every 2 zerker groups that enters the path there are at the very least three of casual professions and actually I see many Engineers. The path will take barely 3-4 mins more, still a pretty short time to farm as much as you want.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Engineer is useless? Hardcore players won’t take em on a dungeon run? If by hard core you mean cookie cutter builds for a specific situation. My elixir engi is able to do content across the board (I don’t spvp) almost standing on his head. Maybe they should change the bits of content that the leet (cookie cutter grinders) flock to.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Class Balance

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I have Engi and War both at level 80.

I eat Warriors for breakfast in WvW. The Engi is far superior but not many people have the skills to play it.

But I admit in a single situation the Warrior is better: Cof P1 zerk rush. But Without a Mesmer they can’t even finish the path)))