Commander Rating

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drium.8509

Drium.8509

When a player purchases the commander book, he gets a new stat called ‘commander rating’ which starts at 100. From there onward, everytime the commander successfully defends or takes over an objective, his rating slightly increases. Alternate increase method, players can right click on the commander icon on the map and vote them up.

On the other hand, players can right click on the commander icon to vote the commander down (and include a reason, for example ‘trolling’ ‘led the zerg to jump off a cliff’ ‘used commander icon to lead people the wrong way’ etc etc) which decreases his commander rating.

If his commander rating falls below a certain value (for example 50), the icon is no longer displayed on the map, disallowing that commander from using the icon to potentially grief his or her team until he participates in enough successful activities or receives enough up votes again.

Note that under this system, asking map chat to vote for you without actually doing anything to earn it would be a reportable offense which would reduce your commander rating, for the sake of making sure that people don’t mindlessly ask the zerg to follow instructions and vote for them.

This could be tied in to an upgrade system where commanders who get a high enough rating unlock new tools or the like.

(edited by Drium.8509)

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abes.4251

Abes.4251

great suggestion

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Drium.8509

What, no other feedback? Bump.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Anthrax.4723

Dr Anthrax.4723

Be careful with bumps, they could get you a forum suspension. Mods dont like them at all (I was almost suspended for one).

But yes, great idea. A player voted approval rating would be nice. Like, if the commander participated in an event, all players in the event could +1 him or -1 him. No scores lower than 0. Liek you cant have a commander with negative score.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gourry.3951

Gourry.3951

Sounds like a good idea, although it may be difficult to keep Internet trolls from down voting a commander just because.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

Also…if you got a troll commander who’s popular with his guild…they could keep him way above average while he’s leading people to their deaths.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

What if rating system worked like on newgrounds.com? More points you have, more value is your vote.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Drium.8509

Let me address the concerns:

1. A guild could up-vote or down-vote a commander.

That’s fine. This is called Guild Wars, after all. If you have a guild big enough to sway your rating like that, then chances are you’re worth your hide as a commander. Likewise, if a big enough guild decides to downvote a commander, there is probably a reason for it. On my server we have a commander who declared he used his credit card to buy gems, turn them into gold, and buy the commander book, and he has no idea how to WvW. Guilds would love a way to shut him down so that the zerg doesn’t follow him.

Basically, this being called Guild Wars, I think it’s fine if guilds get together commander-voting efforts. If a commander gets up-voted or down-voted despite being bad or good, then submit a report and let the GMs handle it. Most of the huge guilds I know, that aside, pooled their money to buy someone who knows what he’s doing the commander book, so I think it’s important to let those guilds show off that kind of effort.

2. More points being worth better votes.

I don’t think this is a bad idea, and it would let the good commanders vote other commanders up or down in a meaningful way. This is especially important if a good commander is trying to lead a battle and a bad commander is messing things up for them.

3. A troll commander being voted up by a troll guild.

This should be a reportable offense that GMs would deal with.

Commander Rating

in Suggestions

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I don’t like the “voting” way to make a commander “better”. I prefer the game itself add rank to commanders automatically for every WvW capture he/she is present, and change the blue icon to a golden icon or any other color so everybody know that commander is good. (Should be different for PvE, with separate rank and icon for PvE events completed; A good commander in WvW is not the same as a good commander on PvE)

Also, change the way you can be a commander; it’s just “buy it”, hmmm, I am already seeing 3 or 4 commanders at the same time on WvW, in some months I bet we will see 50 commanders just running everywhere like flies.