in Suggestions

Posted by: CielIllusio.7104

CielIllusio.7104

Commander

costs 100g

Commander status right now in WvW grants the player:
1) a personal icon on the minimap
2) ability to create a squad
3) when you have a squad, you can now access the commander tools which now you will be able to check the amount of supply the people in your squad and adjacent to them have.
4) ALT+Mouse1 on the map opens a context menu for adding special order waypoints, to mark locations for attacks, defense, and rally points. These special waypoints are visible to squad members.

information taken from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commander

Things that I thought would be nice if added

1) Reduction of price for Commander status to around 50-70gold

2) Having a shop for Commanders where commanders can purchase special equipment:
- rams , catapults , etc using gold or badges
- Unique armor set skins that lasts a period of time. (grants the commander a slight buff in defenses) using gold or badges
- Capability to purchase a book/tome/scroll that can be used 30 times before disappearing where the Commander can use badges to purchase unique Commander Elite Spells. (only able to used in WvW) costs 15-30 gold?

Commander Elite Spells

Spells are profession based
(eg. guardian , mesmer , elementlist , etc)

costs 50-100 badges? to purchase spells

Requires the player to have purchased a tome/book/scroll from the commander shop.

Spells purchased lasts for 24 hours before players are required to purchase them again
consumes 1 slot from the book/tome/scroll

after using the Elite spell, the cool-down period for the spell is 15-30mins?
(players are unable to change to another elite unless the cool-down period is over)

Ideas for spells

Guardian:
- Creates a large energy dome that reflects projectiles that hit it.
- as the dome expands all allies that touches the expanding energy dome gains almost all boons(buffs) for a short period of time

Mesmer:
- large aoe attack where player selects an area to casts
- all enemy within the aoe gets damage equivalent to 3 clones shattering
- enemies that get hit gains debuffs
- allies within the aoe gets healed a very small amount and gains a few seconds of Distortion (reflect most projectiles for a short amount of time)

Warrior
- gets a flag that grants allies around them great amount of defense boost
- first 4 skills (attacks) the player can do is the same as when they are using the normal flag but, the amount of damage dealt and the size of aoe attacks are larger.
- the 5th spell is that the player plants the flag down onto the floor and everyone around the flag for a large area gains immense buffs in defense or damage reduction for a period of time (30 secs?)
(once the player puts down the flag, no one can pick it up again)

Elementalist
- a large aoe attack that does damage in the area
- is a mix of all the elements that elementalist can use.
- allies in the aoe gets healed a bit (water)
- enemies that get hit by the specific element that appears gains the debuffs based on what element they hit

Thief
- large scale mass invisibility spell that lasts a short period of time (more than the usual amount of time)
- allies inside gets haste for the same amount of time the invisibility lasts

Ranger
- gets a bow that replace the attack skills the player can use.
- longer range , higher damage that does significant damage to structures , splash damage

well.. that what I thought of actually ^.^

well.. that what I thought of actually ^.^as for the other 2 professions Necromancer and Engineer well i didn’t really though of anything that was really interesting or useful so I left them alone.

well.. that what I thought of actually ^.^as for the other 2 professions Necromancer and Engineer well i didn’t really though of anything that was really interesting or useful so I left them alone.it might not be a feasible idea but I thought that it might be cool to have something like that to make having a commander status more unique

Commander Status and bonus

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The only issue I see with this is we already have folks who have bought the commander icon “just to have it” and don’t really use it for anything other than a status symbol. Worse still, we have commanders who pop into WvW maps and have no clue what they’re doing, often leading people to their deaths (thankfully folks learn quickly not to follow them). Doing this will likely lead to an invasion of blue icons on a map and that can seriously cause issues with WvW strategy and gaming.

I do agree that longterm commanders, ones who are out there every day doing stuff for their server and putting up with all kinds of nonsense deserve something, but I’m not sure this is the way to go about it without having disastrous fallout.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

having you have to beat Story Mode in pve also being a requirement to offset the price of Commander book as a requirement maybe for the 50-70? Then wvw would have a tie in with pve as trehearn is calling you commander well you got that title when the pact was first formed but by the end of the store mode just make it make more sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Disagree on everything. Decreasing price means more commanders which mean more people running around with the icon on; more minimap clutter. Anyone can already buy blueprints to make weapons, so that’s fine. Commanders don’t need extra elites for WvWvW. That gives them an advantage over all other players when it should be equal. I’m sorry, but these ideas wouldn’t benefit anyone but the people rich enough to throw an icon over their head.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neodefination.3759

Neodefination.3759

TL.DR Commander shop for commanders giving them new abilities that they can purchase and use. Commander pricing reduced.

I like the idea but it has some flaws, but with a little tweaking, it can work.
With the addition of a cheaper commanders, commanders would take a different meaning. Commanders instead now have tiers.

As people have suggested before, implement a voting system / rep system. Commander now takes the place of allowing players to create a squad something many of us, players whom have guilds or a large group of friends have always wanted but can’t afford.

Commanders are regarded as squad leaders in guild wars 2 and among these leaders, we have a tier system where rep and voting come into play. This can allow players to only see higher tier commanders on the map such as tier one whom could be the one the server voted as leader among the tier 2s. Squad chat can be now used for only squad leaders and commanders.

The Commander store can also do many things such as maybe buying a buff or banner to place on the map allowing strategic options. It is also a good output for badges.

We can also take if if commander price is reduced and there can be more squad leaders (only high tier ones are seen on the map), only squad leaders may be able to purchase siege weapons. This maybe a bad idea through.

As for the abilities listed above, they may be OP but it would be nice if they could be used to change the tide of battle. I like the Warrior Banner where you can have the squad/zerg follow your banner. Either way, if ability is OP, it can be tweaked.

Grind for gold can destroy the imbalance due to the spamming of ability We thus could have Only the tier 1/2 commander being able to purchase that ability and that there can only be so many of that ability purchased and in the hands of those commanders at a time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

And remove commander from pve.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Captain Seyo.4285

Captain Seyo.4285

God knows we don’t need to decrease the price. What we need to do is to make it not purchasable with money. Maybe with Badges of Honor or events that make it so those who get commander actually know what they are doing instead of spent a lot of money. Its like buying a promotion in the real world. It just doesn’t work well in the long run.