Compilation List of Suggestions & Improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tomus.8632

Tomus.8632

~Barber for hairstyles or some plastic surgery for changing faces across the game
~Trade between players
~Inspect armors of other players
~Guild Halls
~Dyable weapons
~Buyable lipsticks with different colors, dyes for hairstyles.
~Guild Capes
~More armor and weapon skinns
~Something like your profile on site (Something like an Wow armory, I am not really fan of World of Warcraft but this idea is great)
~Obsidian armor from Guild Wars 1 <3
~Cantha and Elona
~Norn hairstyles for Human females and vice versa.

~Czech Republic community~
~My Gallery~ http://mrtomus.minus.com/

(edited by Tomus.8632)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solaria.2840

Solaria.2840

~Barber for hairstyles or some plastic surgery for changing faces across the game
~Trade between players
~Inspect armors of other players
~Guild Halls
~Dyable weapons
~Buyable lipsticks with different colors, dyes for hairstyles.
~Guild Capes
~More armor and weapon skinns
~Something like your profile on site (Something like an Wow armory, I am not really fan of World of Warcraft but this idea is great)
~Obsidian armor from Guild Wars 1 <3
~Cantha and Elona

Thank you!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solaria.2840

Solaria.2840

Great suggestions “cross fingers” hope Anet reads this.

Hope so too!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tommo.1294

Tommo.1294

Add mounts, they dont need to be super fast, just fast enough so that I dont want to tear my face off when im travelling everywhere as a slow necro. It also adds a farmability / collectibility factor to the game aswell as being able to sell a few in the gem store (dont however make these like mini pets where you can only find them in the gem store -_-).

Fix dungeons, give them mechanics instead of rediculous amounts of HP and burst damage. It doesnt make for compelling gameplay or fun things to farm, its depressing seeing the repair costs at the end of it and then being rewarded with useless sigils that ill need to farm 500 more of to get a weapon.

Add new item models, something ive noticed alot recently is that theres roughly 10 or less models for each armour piece / weapon, Infact ive only seen 3 staff models so far, its very boring and everyone would look the same if not for dyes which is a nice feature but makes it seem like a bandaid for lack of modelling which it shouldnt be. A fix could maybe be taken from Valve’s book, a community workshop where people can post their models up and add more variety to the game.

Trading between players, self explainitory.

Dueling with players, Im actually very confused as to why this and trading arent already in the game, its like a fundemental part of MMO’s and its enjoyable, I have nowhere to test my skills at in 1v1 or battle my friends to test their PvP abilities.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadewarp.6821

Shadewarp.6821

Can you add: Guild Mail system, where the ones with permission can send guild wide mails to all members representing.

Or how you would formulate it

Really REALLY nice list Gonna read through it all soon, and see if there are some other things I have thought of.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jinsei.5178

jinsei.5178

I am missing a keybind (I think yhat is how you call it) for the ‘send item to chat’ option.

Cntrl is nice for one item but shift for multiple items to chat >.< SO ANNOYING !
I use shift often for other things. In Guild Wars 2 I use it for Target enemy nearest. I am so used to this, that it is REALLY annoying to switch and if I do use it, I start sending my skills to chat and I’m unable to move because w-a-s-d is also being send to chat….

They should allow us to change wich button we want to use for ‘send item to chat’.

Note to Self: Be Nyappy!

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Some of these are nonsense:

Option to have vertical sidebars (Quickbars) WHY? Wich functions besides attack/support you will use?

Option to disable cut-scenes. WHY? just click cancel in these. Make ANET work in more important things than that….
Option to enable ‘target of target’. Why? Are you a tank? A healer?
Improve Fog Of War make it more definable to show the areas not yet explored. The blurry part of the map is enought…

Ability to disable/enable armor/weapon visual effects.
Option to ‘turn off’ effects for boss fights. – PVE
Option to ‘turn off’ green hightlight effects on objects and players.

• post-proccessiong off.

Traveling to Waypoints: Too expensive Neccesary gold sink. They muy be free if you die… only the closer one.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

(edited by marianitten.1247)

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Add mounts, they dont need to be super fast, just fast enough so that I dont want to tear my face off when im travelling everywhere as a slow necro.

You know that necromancer had a perma 10% speed up.. right?

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kordi.5147

Kordi.5147

Thank you for putting this list together. I came to make a few suggestions, that I find myself asking for constantly, and they are all there. I hope to see some of these added in some upcoming update patches.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alexander Quess.1932

Alexander Quess.1932

UI
I agree that the UI needs some work. Defiantly need a fully customized drag/drop/lock UI and need to add support for Surround View setups. You can get a surround compatible video card for $200 and 22" monitors for $100 a piece. They also should fix the cut scenes to work with surround view too.

Crafting
When crafting NEW RECIPES you should be able to pull them from your material box rather then having to have them in you pack.
All crafted items looks the same, crafters should be able to unlock designs and apply them to items being crafted.

Cash Shop
I really don’t like the “apply to item” costumes, the classic costume slots would be much better.
Items need to be added to remake your characters appearance.

Other
It seems silly but I do like the idea of player housing. Not the traditional housing but a place you can upgrade with all the tools you need for crafting, mail, ect… Also playing through and receiving “Trophies” (which is actually just junk) I always wonder what it would be like to unlock trophies from events and placing them on my mantle lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Wow, this is a long list. I have suggestion for you next time you make something like this: Google Doc it. I’ll have to go through it all but I can already see theres a lot of good ideas here

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

• Housing!
  • Mini-games/sittable chairs in taverns, to create more social spots

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schixeno.8596

Schixeno.8596

These are missing, hopefully you add them, I just want a game where dedicated and pet-orientated playstyle is actually viable.

Ranger pets:

• Let pets attack while moving. This is really important because in PvP, us Ranger lose a chunk of damage that’s supposed to come from our pets. Pets would always do a long animation each time it attacks, and it is almost never able to hit a moving target. This has got to change.
  • Pet attributes should scale with players attributes. Right now, a pet-orientated playstyle is very much discouraged because of their inability to hit moving targets and not being able to enhance their stats to your liking.
  • Pets take way too much damage in its current form to be effective. Pets can’t evade, nor can they move like players can. Pets should have a special effect that let’s them only take 5-10% damage from AoE spells. After all, they don’t even move out of the circle unless the player micromanages the pet extremely carefully.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

This is a collective list. If I am missing any suggestions, please feel free to post! Thanks!

i made a thread about a new weapon type that started to get attention if you would kindly add it here i would appreciate it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Whips-New-weapon-idea/first#post123859

in Suggestions

Posted by: DruonGrawal.3596

DruonGrawal.3596

I haven’t seen it on the list on first glance, so here would me my addition:

- Open up the visuals of the Norn Spirit forms (bear, wolf, raven & snowleopard) for roleplaying purposes – an idea is to utilize the town cloth panel for this to make it a non-combat-thing similar to the already existing town clothes.

The same could be used for other races, too. One good example would be golem suits for our Asuran friends.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Some unsorted suggestions:

- Allow players to display their characters’ headgear during dialogue cutscenes;

- Sylvari town clothes are only recolorable in very small areas; please add a dye channel for the remaining 75% of the garment.

- The rare (yellow) dungeon armor skin is the same for all dungeons, and also drops from monsters in explorable zones. This armor skin should be unique to dungeons.

- Please remove the option for players to put up items for sale from anywhere in the world; have them walk up to a Black Lion Trader, or at least reduce this to “anywhere in a non-instanced city”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

1) Arena DM 2v2 and 3v3 modes

2) CTF mode

3) Armor changes it’s looks after a while fighting in it – blood splatter marks, scratches

4) Character animation improvements

5) Camera improvements

6) Downed State removal from PvP OR revamping it so that the downed players have as three times as less HP, can’t teleport/knockdown/turn invisible. In addition, time needed to stomp a downed player needs to be at least halved

7) Finisher moves for the Downed State that are profession/armor specific. Also, for some downed state finishers the downed player needs to not be on the ground, but rather standing up – Mortal Combat style.

For instance, as a warrior, I want to be able to grab my enemy head and impale it on my shoulder spikes, decapitate him, step on his head with my heavy armor boot, impale him with a sword, split his head with an axe etc.

Casters might be able to incinerate, summon a portal through which demon hands appear dragging him inside, turn him to stone/ice and then chip his head off, mesmers covering downed players with some cloth after which the player disappears – like a magicians trick, etc.

Rangers can order their pets to go for the throat, stick an arrow in the enemy head, send a flaming arrow to set the downed player on fire etc.

Rogues could jump on their back, stabbing them multiple times in the chest, throw a dagger that sticks in the throat, send a barrage of arrows that impales the victim etc.

8) Implement items with a chance to drop in the dungeons, while not removing the current system

9) Mob AI needs to be drastically improved for both DEs and dungeons, and we need much deeper and more complex encounters – again both DEs and dungeons. As a reference see the “We need outward scaling, not just upward” topic in DE forum

10) Make it so that players in both tPvP and WvWvW aren’t completely colored blue/red/green, but instead wear colored capes or banners

11) Allow showing names in WvWvW – toggle-able through game options

12) Allow weapon skills 1-5 to be customizable. Each skill should have 2-3 different possibilities so that players can additionally differ, and so that we can customize our play styles

13) Ability to wear sPvP and WvWvW armor in the PvE part of the game

14) Better rewards from DEs and dungeons

(edited by Raging Bull.5048)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knux.6054

Knux.6054

The ten most important (my opinion, of course):

• LFG/Dungeon Finder.
  • “Red Circles” on the ground need to be more prominent.
  • The guild you are representing: They have their own unique color/symbol on the mini map apart from alliance and party.
  • Louder/different notification of psts/whispers.
  • Ability to ‘inspect’ players and have an option to turn this off to prevent others from inspecting you.
  • Ability to ‘duel’ with other players.
  • Option to have a separate button just for ‘looting’.
  • Traveling to Waypoints: Too expensive.
  • Make hammer models bigger (seriously they should be not far from greatswords but they all look tiny…).
  • Dyes need to be account-wide.

Already available in a way, just not obvious:

• Target Assist.
  • Ability to link personal waypoints to chat box.
  • Ability to ‘queue’ with your group.

Disagree with:

• Disable the ability to have more than 1 person ‘Finish’ a player. Structured PvP too.
  • End of match (Tally Screne) needs to stop all PvP action.
Server: Yak’s Bend
Main: Crossandra (Mesmer)

(edited by Knux.6054)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZhangoSqu.5219

ZhangoSqu.5219

An item regarding chat that does not look to be on the original list:

• Allow players to see guild chat from Guilds they are not currently representing.

Also, I made a post regarding the addition of a Stealth profession skill to the Thief class (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Add-Longer-Duration-Stealth-Profession-Skill/first#post140769), which I think would be a nice improvement to the Thief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameo.4073

Cameo.4073

Option for notification of friends/guildmates logging in or out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dansseki.6905

dansseki.6905

let us zoom the camera out further so melee can actually see what they’re hitting when fighting large mobs/bosses, also i find it hard to actually enjoy the beautiful scenery you guys worked so hard on when i have such a limited field of view

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thormach.8571

Thormach.8571

Some of these are nonsense:

Option to have vertical sidebars (Quickbars) WHY? Wich functions besides attack/support you will use?

Option to disable cut-scenes. WHY? just click cancel in these. Make ANET work in more important things than that….
Option to enable ‘target of target’. Why? Are you a tank? A healer?
Improve Fog Of War make it more definable to show the areas not yet explored. The blurry part of the map is enought…

Ability to disable/enable armor/weapon visual effects.
Option to ‘turn off’ effects for boss fights. – PVE
Option to ‘turn off’ green hightlight effects on objects and players.

• post-proccessiong off.

Traveling to Waypoints: Too expensive Neccesary gold sink. They muy be free if you die… only the closer one.

1) the ability to have food or other consumables in a quick bar would be very helpful.
2) yes sometimes I like to take the role of a healer or a tank and having target of target would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thormach.8571

Thormach.8571

Couple things I did not see in the list:

Pay gems for Character Name Change
Pay gems for Character Sex Change

I have a male silvari ranger that just looks stupid in medium armor. I have seen female toons wearing the same armor that look cool. I do not like running around with a character that looks stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Concordia Discors.7592

Concordia Discors.7592

I wondered if anyone else feels that the Deep Cave and Treasure Trove should have separate desposit/withdraw options for the guild ranks. That way you can have:

- a central area that all members can withdraw and deposit to
- a central area everyone can deposit to but only certain members withdraw from
- and a central area that has both limited desposit and withdrawal privileges

Great list, by the way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alien.2851

Alien.2851

In crafting panel need to be able to filter crafting level recipes, eg, 0-75, 75-150, etc
so you dont have to scroll through tons of low level stuff to see the ones you are currently using (the components become greyed out while they are still needed to complete that section).

Alien Hunter
We Built They Came [ekoc]
Isle Of Janthir

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadewarp.6821

Shadewarp.6821

Please add:

Guild
Guild Mail system: The ones with permission can send guild-wide mails to all members representing.

Guild Hall: Where you can go and craft or chat with your guildmates. Should represent the current upgrades of the guild.

PvP
Guild Wars: I’m amazed that this is not in the game to begin with. Guild with <insert ranking system> vs Guild with same ranking pitch against each other in a 8v8 battle in “destroying” the other guild. Capture the flag or Kill the boss type battle.

I’ll come up with some more stuff

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

Forums

• More categories should be added, like in-game roleplaying and forum roleplaying.

Equipment

• Guild capes and other capes/cloaks/scarves.

Emotes

• /roll <#> : [Character] rolls (#) on a (#) sided die.
  • /rock, /paper, /scissors : [Character] plays rock, paper, scissors.
  • /guitar, /flute, /violin, /drums

Miscellaneous

• Mail now has the following tabs: Inbox and Sent and Deleted mail.
  • Toggled weapon sheathing. (Removing the need to keep tapping the sheath key to draw our weapon every few seconds while out of combat and instead keeping the weapon drawn until the button’s pressed again.)
¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoebus.6423

Phoebus.6423

Keep/Tower Lord and Orb altar unkillabe until after relevant gate/wall is down. They can remain killable after that event till keep/tower is no longer contested. This should stop the hackers/exploiters from ninjaing keeps/orbs without any effort.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

This. So much of that, haha. I would love to have so many of those norn hair styles for humans and the ability to change my character slightly >.>

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

Wow!!

My favorites are:
-leaving on environment names
-transparency adjustment on map
-show/hide icons on world map (i’d love to see a “show only finished/unfinished items” option so I can see all hearts/vistas/etc that I have already completed or HAVEN’T done)
-portal tooltips on map
-all allies shown on mini map for wvw
ALL TRADING POST suggestions listed, particularly preview and filters
-voice pitch customization is soooooo cool
-I want more town clothes and be able to wear them constantly. all town clothes suggestions yes.
-see titles on mouseover
-separate button for looting
-rare crafting materials, and sub-crafting materials should have collectible slots in bank
-salvage kits and harvesting tools account-bound
-hide items that are soul-bound to another character

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rook.1934

Rook.1934

great list. thanks for putting it together. I would like:

keyboard assignable fullscreen/window toggle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eran.3650

Eran.3650

I would love to be able to change the color of my characters’ hair accessories from the hero panel after character creation, just like you do with armour colors. The female Norn with the long curly hair and a full bandana is a prime example. Thank you for your consideration.

Solaria.2840 posted an excellent list of suggestions above by the way (preview armour from TP would be awesome and could improve the trading economy).