Concept Profession: Spiritualist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yep, would love to see a full construction of your concept Orpheal.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: redrex.9634

redrex.9634

Alright so dolls need to be untied from weapons. I’ll change that. You’re both in favor of having them as weapon kits, and you’ve put a really good argument. That being said, would you be happy if they were kits— and They were punishment/reward skills only? 5 skills, each with a ‘state of being’ or curse/blessing. Malanvai Doll is curses only, and Delunvai Doll is self-Blessings only. Haranvai Doll for others-blessings?

The jars as environmental summons also seems unpopular; would it be better to have them nearby the character, and have them used up by damage FIRST? and instead of jars, they could be Soul Orbs, and float around the character, granting their boons or conditions? After a soul orb is destroyed, you teleport away? What do we think?

I’m also thinking about the death masks, and how they need some balancing. If we have kits in the form of dolls, do we really need kits as a Mask?

What I can propose is that Death masks act similarly to sigils (remain passive), but they get ‘used up’ when they activate (like a shield block). For example, the Death Mask of the Thief would go on cooldown when poison or bleeding is applied, providing swiftness and cursing the one who hit you with a condition. You remain poisoned/bleeding, but you force your opponent to decide whether to add conditions to you or go at you full-on. Death Mask of the Guardian would do the same for Crippled and Burning, etc etc.

Maybe forcing out of stealth is a bit unfair, but if 1 out of every 3 seconds they were revealed?

Dolls should be environmental weapons. So you can give them to other players, like the elementalists summons weps.

Ok what do we think?

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

What if I tie rituals to weps? as the #5 Skill for any combination? And have a half-ritual (requiring max 2 Soul Obs) as the #2 or 3 Skill?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Read up on my post: I also suggested Masks as Sigils! I think they could work, though they would be restricted as well as you can’t wear multiple masks of course. So they ‘work’ like sigils, but they’re not, they’re masks. They got a passive and active buff/effect, but you can only equip one at a time? That’s more from a aesthetic point of view however. Or perhaps only when you activate them the mask appears?

Dolls. I think you could look a little at the Engineer. The medkit is buffing/healing only and it does work, but the offensive one should also hold some attacks, at least an auto attack. ‘Jab: Jab the voodoodoll with the needle dealing X damage’ for instance and have the rest be an attack and/or debuff thing.

What you can do is have those marks you suggested tied to weapons, like the guardian has with his seals? Might be very similar, but okay.

I think you could have Rituals as ulility skills to be honest. Each class has between 20 to 26 ish ulility slots.

- 2 Dolls
- 3/4 Rituals? (Had anything in mind? I’m not sure how you have them described now that they will work.
- 8 masks (not sure if all professions would work, but for the sake of math, take
- Summons? (Masks do a bit the same: summoning a spirit of profession X to gain the effects, but perhaps here you could call a Ghost/Spirit to do a certain attack? Example: Summon a spirit to knockover your opponent. Opponent is knocked over and receives X damage. Range xxx.)

But now that I see it: perhaps the marks as Utility skills would be better, then you would get to ~20 ish skills.

Also I think Soul Orbs around the character can work, but I am not fully opposed against ground targetted things either. Turrets aren’t very powerful (they’re close to the jars), but the jars shouldn’t be too powerful either to begin with.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

Just read your post Direksone, sorry for missing it. Just did a major revamp of the original, with all your fantastic input. Have a looksie

(edited by redrex.9634)

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

I also have an idea of using Ashes as transform skills. You’re embodying the dead. We need a more transform-y profession. I’ll develop some ideas (or if you have any ideas of your own?)

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

OK, edited: Soul jars are now orbs, Dolls are untied from weapons and rituals are tied to them. Have a look, rate, comment

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Haha, okay guys.
- Masks as sigils: yep

- Soul orbs that follow the player hovering in the air, a bit like when you kill the bosses in the spvp map Forest of Niflhel?
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yrI_qKDSCww/0.jpg

- I think it’s best to keep 2 dolls and you could spawn them as an environmental weapon! I like Direks idea, with following addition:
Autoattack for Malanvai: Jab (damage opponent)
Autoattack for Delunvai: Stroke (heal yourself)

- Rituals… mhm I’m not sure what these rituals could do, but I think summonings are part of rituals, so maybe Rituals of Summoning, Rituals of Destruction, Rituals of Awakening, Rituals of Transformation?

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

That looks awesome! do you have any more pics??? I want to add it to the original post

Delunvai: Not a heal, but apply regeneration maybe. Or Delunvai occupies a heal slot.

There would be about 8 or so rituals, and each had a distinct effect. They’re tied to weps, slot 2 and 5, with mini and maxi versions depending of number of soul orbs. Lots of variety there. I’ll start compiling a list later

(edited by redrex.9634)

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

If you choose Delunvai as heal slot, you need to put more than 1 possible other doll in utility skills. I reread the idea of the rituals, but gtg for now. I’ll check for more pictures.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

More images of these “orbs”
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/IWuqqwJ7xIc/0.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/IHHF1ke5I00/0.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ygpzcGlFOjU/0.jpg

Rituals should be on n°3 and n°5, cause if you use another offhand weapon, it would affect the kind of ritual. I’ll try to make a list on these n°3-n°5 skills and would be cool if you guys could refine/critize them to make them as perfect as possible. I’ve taken a great deal of inspiration from the original ritualist skills: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_ritualist_skills.

F1 Soul orb skill is solely dependent on the Mainhand weapon.
Number 3 Ritual skill is combination of Mainhand weapon and Offhand weapon.
Number 5 Ritual skill is solely dependent on the Offhand weapon.

Staff (Supportive: regeneration):
1° Spirit light
2° Spirit strike (blind)
3° Soothing surge: Reflect incoming damage for 2 seconds by calling upon your ancestors and gain x % (scales with level) more Healing Power for a duration of 10 seconds.
4° Thump (knockback)
5° Welter of Sorrow: Summon a forgiving ancestor who cures up to 3 conditions and grants AoE heal. This also immobilizes all the enemies in the area, but they do not take damage, while immobilized.

Mace/torch (Protective: protection)
1° Smash (attack chain)
2° Rock (grapple foe, knocking down).
3° Glyph of Warding: Summon a protection bubble around yourself, negating damage for 5 seconds.

5° Armor of Unfeeling: Call upon the souls in the Vault of Souls to stand around you. They will take 1/3th of the damage you get dealt and reflect 50% of the attacks.

Scepter/focus (Offensive:might)

3° Empower

5° Ghost of Fury

Dagger/dagger (Speed: swiftness or quickness?)

3° Swift Strike

5° Spirit’s Weapon

Mace/dagger

Mace/focus

Scepter/torch

Scepter/dagger

Dagger/focus

Dagger/torch
3° Soul burn

I’ll try to put some descriptions on, or you guys can suggest some!

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Another thing: some changes on dolls how they should be in my opinion:

Heal skill
Blessing of Deluvai (heal yourself, 5 skills):
1- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
2- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
3- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
4- give yourself one random boon: swiftness, protection or retaliation
5- heal yourself of up to 4 conditions, depending on the number of orbs you have

Utility skills
Curse of Lazavai (stack conditions on target foe):
1- (AUTO) Bleed your foe, by stabbing the doll with a needle.
2- Poison your foe, by stabbing the doll with poisonous dart.
3- Stun your foe, by twisting the puppet.
4- Cripple your foe, by breaking the doll’s legs.
5- Deal one powerful slash to Lazavai, dealing extra damage to target foe with every condition on him.

Rage of Malavai(deal direct damage to target foe):
1- (AUTO) Stab the puppet from 3 angles (cycle), hitting the enemy harder with last attack.
2- Make target foe vulnerable, by punching the puppet’s chest
3- Gain fury upon hitting the doll, dealing extra damage to target foe.
4- Body-block, immobilize the enemy, by binding the puppet.
5- Wring the puppet’s neck, hitting the enemy for +5% damage, for each soul orb you have activated.

Boon of Haravai(support allies):
1- (AUTO) Jab your doll.
2- Grant swiftness to nearby allies.
3- Throw your puppet. The area where it hits, heals allies.
4- Grant yourself and nearby allies 1 second protection per soul orb.
5- Use the spirit energy of your doll, granting yourself and nearby allies 3 stacks of fury.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Looks good Sirendor those dolls! If a healing like doll were to be implemented it should be a healing utility. Engineers medkits have 3 heals (well they place a medkit on the ground, 1-2-3 can all do that, 4=swiftness 5=condition curing or the otherway around, but you have to pick it up (this also allows allies to do it)) of course it should not be as identical as that, but in terms of balancing it should. I do think the healing doll is very powerful now, especially because it also absorbs damage. I think that should be left out at least.

Summons/rituals sound cool, 1 per weapon indeed, tho I would tie it to mainhand weapons mostly and staff should only wear one. If you look at the Guardian all their main hand weapons, aside from the scepter, put a symbol on the ground, so I think the same should/could apply for the Spiritualist but with the summons.

A fun summon maybe, that I suggested as a utility: Spirits’ Dessent: Summon a spirit that lunges at your foe, knocking them back and dealing damage. For something more defensive? Mace/Staff/Shield? I already imagine it a bit on a Shield as if the spirit comes out of the shield (a bit like the Guardians Shield of justice, though it gives no buff nor is it a wave/cone, but the same move is made with the arm)

Then again doesn’t have to be tied to only a main hand of course, but it would be a little overpowered (depending on the combinations you can make with your MH and OH) if both have a summon.

Idea for Welter of sorrow: I think the stun is too powerful as well. But you could have the spirit grant regen as well? The heal should be a small heal, like the Guardian passes out with Shield of Absorption. Perhaps it could be a Light or Water field and so people can use an effect in it.

Idea: Welter of Sorrow: Summon ancestor that heals up to 3 conditions and applies regeneration (Water combo field). If a blast finisher is used in this you get an additional heal, a little like how I, on my Engineer, use my F1 from my healing turret (water field, grants regen) and then use my blast finisher from my shield to grant a small heal.

Though it might not be as smoothly chainable like with my Engineer, perhaps also not needed, a blast attack could be put in the Staff attacks? Again: difference between classes is perfectly fine too.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

(edited by Direksone.3867)

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Just read up on your edits: the death mask / sigil explanation might be a bit weird to some. Sigils go on cooldown after activating, negating the passive effect. Same is applied (I think you meant that) here.

A grave marker idea: <Insert name here> The spirits of the dead aid you, slowing down your targets passing through the idea. Same could also be done, but snaring/rooting them in place for X sec. Basically arms stick out of the ground grabbing/slowing any that pass through it. Don’t know if Necro’s have something similar tho.

EDIT: Ah, the scepter on the necromancer has: Grasping dead: summon skeletal hands to cripple foes in the target area. I guess the root would work better then.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

I also have an idea of using Ashes as transform skills. You’re embodying the dead. We need a more transform-y profession. I’ll develop some ideas (or if you have any ideas of your own?)

Well maybe as an Elite? Though it would be very close to what the Necromancer has, not very original.

Something less original, but easily executed, just like the Charr Warband or Thieves Elite: Summon 2 Spirits (one ranged, one melee) to fight at your side. Not a super ‘amg what an awesome elite’, but I have used my Warband during leveling to great extend.

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

I fleshed out the skills.

I didn’t reserve earlier posts to put more skills in. I might start a blog to continue? or should I start a new post?

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

I didn’t see the healing doll as the med kit really. You don’t need to drop a doll to get healed, but get healed the moment you use the spell. I think you could charge these heals, and while they charge, you are immune to damage.

Only one summoning/awakening ritual per weapon? What if you made the only n°3 skill a ritual then?
Example:
- on 2-handed weapons ritual will be n°3 skill (staff: Welter of Sorrow)
- on 1-handed weapons it’s a combo between MH and OH: I have following ideas:

-> Torch offhand only useable with Dagger & Mace
-> Dagger offhand only useable with Scepter & Dagger
-> Focus offhand only useable with Mace & Scepter

STAFF
———————-Welter of Sorrow (without stun :p)

SCEPTER (Might)
———————- Focus (Might)—— Ghost of Fury
———————- Dagger (Speed)— Empower

DAGGER (Speed)
——————— Dagger (Speed)— Spirit’s Weapon
——————— Torch (Defense)- Soul Burn

MACE (Defense)
———————- Torch (Defense)- Spirit’s Descent/Armor of Unfeeling
———————- Focus (Might)—— Glyph of Warding

Utilities:
We have the Doll skills
- Haravai
- Lazavai
- Malavai

We have Markers:
- Death Marker:
- Curse Marker

ELITE? Ash transformation,

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Yeah sure Redrex You can combine all the ideas posted thus far and make it really professional

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

My problem is that I want to add pictures but don’t want to link them…
We have Death Masks as well…
It will take me a while to compile it all.

I think restricting wep combinations isn’t a good idea. That’s definitely against Anet’s mantra.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Can’t you display them somehow? Maybe through attachment? I’ll try it.

EDIT: ok dude here’s how you do it. You save these pictures to your pc, then you click “More posting&Formatting options…” when making a post thread. You click "Add attachment or something of the like. Done!

Attachments:

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

OK added some inspiration

Adding links next

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Thanks for all your hard work

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

^Oh yeah, for better lay-out, you can put messages bold (good for titles and the like) by typing * before and after the message. Like that. message -> * message * without the spaces.
Another lay-out option is cursive: message -> _ message _ without spaces.

I hope this allows you to make the top post a bit better looking :-).

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Making a blog or something similar is a great idea indeed! I do think though that the healing doll should be a healing utility though. As a normal one+having your standard heal, that’d be very overpowering! Perhaps one of the heals could heal the closest allie? If theres non heals yourself. They should balance well with the CD, requiring cast and being immune to damage seems pretty overpowered, plus you won’t be as mobile so in dungeons I can see it posing a problem.

Weapons restrictions: no and yea I do think 1 per each and N3 would be the best and then it indeed depends on what weapon combination you do. Mace+shield=Spirits Dessent for instance, but Mace+Torch would do something a little more offensive: damge+dot for instance.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Hold on, a healing utility or an utility or a healing skill? I’m not sure what you mean.
Also, engineer kit heals 1k each with it’s med kit + an f1 5k heal. That’s 8k heal.
I suggested 2,5k heal per skill and no other heals, apart from the weapon skills. That makes 7,5k heal. Of course it’s up to Anet to weigh all that out. We leave invulnerability away, that’s a sound idea.

I think Redrex also didn’t allow these spiritualists to use shield, so torch would be the defensive offhand. I think he also has put his own ideas about this on top post. Guess we better check it

EDIT: I’ve read all the skills and descriptions and they look to be very nice, with a nice organisation. I only hope the devs don’t think them to overpowered.
Indeed no shield in there Direk :/

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

More edits. There are more dolls to be added. There’s one heal and one benevolent doll.
I’ll add it all after work.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Ah he took the mace out. I meant the Healing doll taking the healing slot. I guess 3x 2.5k heal would be good, the F1 skill on the Spiritualist is way different than the Engineer also, so there would be no heal there, though you would have to switch into the doll to be able to heal and you dont have a heal ready, like the medkit does. Hmm..

What about adding a grave marker that entangles foes that walk through it? Spirit hands grabbing foes.

The Death Mask description is a bit odd, as sigils work right now: Passive effect is for instance get healed every x sec. On Activate: get an instant heal, passive effect goes on cooldown. Is that what you mean by that description? Seems a bit odd as it is right now. Also I think you could make them a little tastier by adding some class things in there, for instance activating the Thief mask puts you in stealth for 3? sec.

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

The mace is still there. There will need to be at least 3 Heals anyway. The dolls will all undergo changes which I haven’t implemented yet, I’ve just added Sirendor’s suggestions, but they need a little tweaking.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

I am thinking long and hard about some changes to the weapons as they are now! I’ll be posting them soon! I think Rituals should be 1/weapon and tied to offhands. Mainhand all about damage for the most part: OH for some supportyness. That’s my opinon though. 2 rituals seems too powerful, there’s also no way in hell you can constantly get enough soul jars up to sacrifice to make use of them.

About that: sacrificing them when using for a ritual, does that return health to you? When I think of it: sacrificing health into them, having 4 up, results in 60% health: BIG, big chance of getting 1 shotted, especially in dungeons. This should be improved imo.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

my bad everyone by the way I did not mean Masks to work as Sigils, but as SIGNETS.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Thinking about a lot of changes actually, maybe putting rituals in the utility slots for instance. Also shouts maybe as utility slots, but that is mere speculation at this point. Hopefully I’ll have something done tomorrow. I’m pretty critical at myself:p

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

You do receive that health back
How about 6 Soul orbs with 6% Health?

That way you can pop off a Mainhand and Offhand ritual on a full charge?
AND F1 Skill summons 3 orbs at a time.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

A lot to think about:

- Are we agreed on healing doll as a slot 6 healing skill? Number of heals and amount of healing can be changed, suggestions?

- I’m fine with markers as utility slots, don’t have a lot ideas about those atm. I think these markers function a bit like rituals, since they also summon power from spirits.
Maybe we should make a clear distinction between “rituals” and “markers”: for example: rituals only channel power from spirits, allowing for a powerful attack, a powerful heal or buff; markers summon these spirits in physical form to aid you!

- Masks: what if we made it like this? We have one single utility for this: “Spirit Morph”.
What does it do? Upon killing a foe, we can activate this skill to steal a utility skill that is typical for the class of the foe. The utility skills replaces “Spirit Morph” for 30 seconds, allowing us to use it.

- 6 orbs x 6% health = 36% health. I think that’s still quite a lot. The max should be 25%. I suggest 6 orbs and 5% per orb. That makes for 30%, still alot but a nice maiority of health left. Summon 2 orbs at a time. Recharge for orbs: 3 seconds out of combat, 5 seconds in combat?

- Also: While using orb, when you reach 20% of the 70% health you originally have when having 6 orbs up, 2 orbs shatter and you get 30% health again. Also, upon reaching 20%, after 2 orbs are shattered, you get protection for 3 seconds.
If you don’t have any orbs up (meaning you have 100% health, and you reach 20%, you won’t get healed, cause you don’t have orbs.

- Now there’s another issue. What if you are on 30% health and decide to summon your orbs? Do you sacrifice more health or don’t you sacrifice as long as you have only 70% health or below? I think it best like this:
- You’re in combat and at 40% health.
- All your orbs are broken.
- You can at that moment reach 100% health by healing.
- Now, you decide to summon 2 orbs (f1 skill). This limits you to 90% max health.
- You don’t sacrifice any of your 40% health you have, but when you heal, you reach 100% health, only 90%.

Another thing: I think you need 2 orbs for ritual n°1, and 4 orbs for ritual n°2. This means you need to charge 4 orbs by using skill f1 twice, with a 5 second cooldown in combat.

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

6 orbs with 5% health is fine. With 20,000 health 5% equates to 1000 health.

The orbs kick in to protect you against becoming downed. If you’re running on all orbs you have to be hit for a minimum 6 times to become downed. No one-shotting possible!

Yes, your Max Health reduces, not total health, I should have specified that.

“Spirit Mask” instead of Spirit Morph? and you can actually place the opponent’s skill on cooldown? Pure pvp skill though.

I think the f1 skill should be a channel, but you’ve got stability.

Grave Markers are spirit aids definitely. Kind of like banners but they affect the enemy. Curse Markers are AoE effects that last a very short time. Like wells I guess. I imagine the visual as plunging the grave marker into the ground and a spirit rises up to assist. The Markers are then moveable.

I have to address the Dolls. Overall, I like the choice. But I need to add one more. Originally, I posted that Dolls should reward playyers for certain actions and punish enemies. I’m proposing 2 elite dolls, One which rewards players and allies for actions (heal on dodge-roll, gain might when you hit a foe, remove conditions when you hit a foe for example) Another which punishes foes (vulnerability on dodge roll, cripple on gaining swiftness, bleeding when hit an ally for example). Both worth 10 skill points.

Final elite is worth 30, and you sacrifice all 6 orbs to revive all downed allies and damage all foes in radius. During the Ritual you are unable to move but gain stability. Effect without orbs is an application of regeneration and a knockback (revival occurs only if all 6 orbs are sacrificed, otherwise regeneration is stacked).

Finally, a Utility Ritual that requires 4 orbs: The teleport field! When the field is activated, foes are teleported to the ritualist and immobilized while the field is active.

Orb numbers
At full orb capacity of 6, you can use 1 Short Ritual and one Long Ritual. I think that’s fairly balanced. That way you can go through your skill bar once before needing to sacrifice again.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Another thing: some changes on dolls how they should be in my opinion:

Heal skill
Blessing of Deluvai (heal yourself, 5 skills):
1- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
2- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
3- one-time instant heal (2,5k), the doll absorbs 1/3 damage during this stage
4- give yourself one random boon: swiftness, protection or retaliation
5- heal yourself of up to 4 conditions, depending on the number of orbs you have

Utility skills
Curse of Lazavai (stack conditions on target foe):
1- (AUTO) Bleed your foe, by stabbing the doll with a needle.
2- Poison your foe, by stabbing the doll with poisonous dart.
3- Stun your foe, by twisting the puppet.
4- Cripple your foe, by breaking the doll’s legs.
5- Deal one powerful slash to Lazavai, dealing extra damage to target foe with every condition on him.

Rage of Malavai(deal direct damage to target foe):
1- (AUTO) Stab the puppet from 3 angles (cycle), hitting the enemy harder with last attack.
2- Make target foe vulnerable, by punching the puppet’s chest
3- Gain fury upon hitting the doll, dealing extra damage to target foe.
4- Body-block, immobilize the enemy, by binding the puppet.
5- Wring the puppet’s neck, hitting the enemy for +5% damage, for each soul orb you have activated.

Boon of Haravai(support allies):
1- (AUTO) Jab your doll.
2- Grant swiftness to nearby allies.
3- Throw your puppet. The area where it hits, heals allies.
4- Grant yourself and nearby allies 1 second protection per soul orb.
5- Use the spirit energy of your doll, granting yourself and nearby allies 3 stacks of fury.

You keeping these heal + utility doll skills too or are those the elites you mention?

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

Keeping them. I’ve got them on a list already and am adding my own, the elites. I’ll find a way to get them all up sometime tomorrow.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Great! Hope the devs check it out and give it some thought

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

I think that would result in a LOT of dolls though, that wouldn’t be very original. Engineer has a lot of kits, but each kit is way different than the next, dolls are not.

I think Rituals would work better as Utilities, markers could be places in weapon skills instead, also a different name would be better, the name is too similar to the Necromancer.

I am not sure about the Soul Orbs. With that amount active you are very overpowered in PvP.

The profession has changed so much from the original idea that it is becoming more and more complex and me becoming more skeptical.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

I agree on the fact that there are to many dolls. I’d keep it with the 3-4 ones.
I don’t know what to call the markers really, any suggestions on them?
Devs will balance it out if they choose to roll with this idea.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Neither do I, but what’s the point of developers rolling with this idea if they have to redesign almost an entire class :p what’s the point of us doing it then?

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

They wouldn’t need to redesign the whole class, but maybe diminish certain things or replace others. If you have to kill someone 6 times, that’s quite a lot of times, and if that person keeps on spawning new orbs, it’s near impossible to kill him. Also being a heavy/med armour class makes him harder to be hit.

What about 2 orbs? F1 can summon 1 every 5 seconds. This way when you reach 10%, one of the orbs shatters and you have 20% health again. Then they hit you to 10% again, another orb shatters and you’re down to 20% again. Then you don’t have time to summon another orb.

I gotta say, I’m not a fan of the markers really, so for me they aren’t necessary. They work the same way rituals do… Either we follow Direks idea: rituals are utilities, or we get 1 ritual per weapon set as f3 skill.

TL;DR:
- f1= summon 1 orb (5 sec cooldown), reducing your max health with 10%, you can have 2 orbs. Orb = random boon with f2 skill (depending on weapon you’re using).
- Hit 10% health? 1 orb shatters and you get 10% health more.
- No markers cause marker = ritual
- f3 = ritual (using 2 orbs). It takes 10 seconds to get another 2 orbs.

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

I think we kind of got all out of this that there is, tbh. I hope devs and other players give it a chance. Please support this idea if you like it. THANK YOU. Also thnx for the coöperation Redrex and Direk. We’ve created some great ideas. I only hope it was worth it.

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

Ok so I have a long list of things that I need to get covered

First off, I think that too much tweaking led us down a bit of a bad road. That being said I have some ideas to reinvigorate the concept so it’s not so confusing.

Rituals
Rituals are tied to weapons skill number 3 and 5.
I suggest that Soul orbs are NOT used to power rituals, but rather the more you have, the stronger they are. If you last a fight with all your orbs you will maintain your firepower/dps. If you lose one, you will be a bit weaker when you use a ritual.

Soul orb summoning
Soul orbs will be summoned with the F1 skill. F2 activates their innate buffs and F3 destroys them. The only way to lose a soul orb is to take damage or deliberately destroy them with the F3 button. No skills will require the sacrifice of Soul Orbs

Soul orb mechanics details
There will be 4 Soul orbs maximum, each reducing your health by 5% but containing 10% health. A trait will offset this even further to 15%.

Death Masks
One utility skill is enough.

Grave Markers
Imagine they are reverse banners.

Curse Markers
Wide AoE control effects.

Dolls
Much confusion over this:
Weapon summons (timed)

Greater Dolls are specific to target. Lesser dolls are not specific (AoE). Greater Dolls will not work on any target they were not specifically summoned for. That being said, Greater dolls are much stronger.

Altars
Weapons summons that root you in place
Altars act similar to siege weapons
Will develop more ideas on this later

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Cool dude More about the altars please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkness.5410

Darkness.5410

Although the idea is good, i don’t think Anet should introduce new professions for balance reasons. I’m all for new races however.

in Suggestions

Direksone.3867

Altars sound good indeed!

in Suggestions

redrex.9634

Weapons skills list edited

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

All right, I’ve put a link on my guild’s forums. Hope people like it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: solidsnake.3906

solidsnake.3906

wow! Very nice concept of a new class for guild wars 2!
This class reminds me a little bit of Spiritmaster from Aion because his damage is based on dots and he have so many debuffs (that is soul based).
I would love to play as a Spiritualist!

in Suggestions

redrex.9634