Consider adding cyrillic alphabet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Norrel.4098

Norrel.4098

First of all, I apologize for making another forum post about adding cyrillic alphabet.
I do know that similar topics appeared on forums before but most of them were one-sentence-long and didn’t express the importance of the matter.

Dear ArenaNet and NCsoft. On behalf of russian-speaking community, I’m asking you to consider this very important for CIS players request.

Since unity of the guild members plays a big role in the game (and with “Flame & Frost: The gathering storm” update it will become even more important), we are very upset that we can’t properly coordinate our actions and efficiently communicate in game.

Inability to write in native language in guild, party and personal chats slows down progress of the guild as well as all of it’s members. Social aspect of the game is losing its attractiveness because of inability to properly communicate with other members of the community united by players with same language, culture and interests.

We understand that adding cyrillic letters into the game may cause some issues, and we will accept any reasonable restrictions for cyrillic letters, if there would be any. We even suggest adding cyrillic letters only to aforementioned chat channels or making optional cyrillic-blocking chat filter.

We are not asking for such complicated and time-consuming things as full localisation of the game, even though hundreds of thousands of russian players are waiting for it.

We are asking to add this feature into the game, which, we believe, is possible for such a talented team of developers as ArenaNet, who more than once proved that they care about their players.

For obvious reasons, majority of russian-speaking players can’t support this topic in comments or even find it on forums but implementation of this feature will make a lot of people from CIS countries happy and we hope for a positive response from developers.

Thank you for your attention.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ozz.5109

Ozz.5109

It would not be a big problem for the people of ArenaNet, given that the Cyrillic support in the search for goods in-game shop.
Cyrillic would ease the lives of many Russian guilds, it would be nice if the developers went to meet Russian community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Punnyo.6348

Punnyo.6348

Lack of cyrillic support makes it difficult to communicate with guildies. Would be really nice to see cyrillic letters in game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadon.8762

Amadon.8762

+1 would be nice to see cyrillic letters in game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nimlos.1864

Nimlos.1864

Very good idea! It’s so hard to do RolePlay in translit! In cyrillic it will be much better for us, russian RPlayers! =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: unoMaestro.6534

unoMaestro.6534

I totally agree with mr. Norrel. This is a simple, cheap yet effective decision to make the conversation between russian-speaking teammates inside the game much more comfortable.
No, seriously – pay some respect to cyrillic alphabet and its users…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I’d also like full support for Asian languages, as well as adding the rest of the altcodes. Some symbols aren’t appearing.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shrilly.7184

Shrilly.7184

First of all, I apologize for making another forum post about adding cyrillic alphabet.
I do know that similar topics appeared on forums before but most of them were one-sentence-long and didn’t express the importance of the matter.

Dear ArenaNet and NCsoft. On behalf of russian-speaking community, I’m asking you to consider this very important for CIS players request.

Since unity of the guild members plays a big role in the game (and with “Flame & Frost: The gathering storm” update it will become even more important), we are very upset that we can’t properly coordinate our actions and efficiently communicate in game.

Inability to write in native language in guild, party and personal chats slows down progress of the guild as well as all of it’s members. Social aspect of the game is losing its attractiveness because of inability to properly communicate with other members of the community united by players with same language, culture and interests.

We understand that adding cyrillic letters into the game may cause some issues, and we will accept any reasonable restrictions for cyrillic letters, if there would be any. We even suggest adding cyrillic letters only to aforementioned chat channels or making optional cyrillic-blocking chat filter.

We are not asking for such complicated and time-consuming things as full localisation of the game, even though hundreds of thousands of russian players are waiting for it.

We are asking to add this feature into the game, which, we believe, is possible for such a talented team of developers as ArenaNet, who more than once proved that they care about their players.

For obvious reasons, majority of russian-speaking players can’t support this topic in comments or even find it on forums but implementation of this feature will make a lot of people from CIS countries happy and we hope for a positive response from developers.

Thank you for your attention.

Not saying it shouldn’t happen but for someone saying its hard to communicate in game with English you sound more fluent than half of the English speaking populous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shodan.8792

Shodan.8792

It would be great to see the Cyrillic at least for guild, party, whisper chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

We need Cyrillic! We have it in Origin Guild Wars, why don’t we have it here, in Guild Wars 2? It’s impossible to read all these Russian sentences with English letters in guild chat.

I can’t stand this. I stop reading guild chat when our guild mates trying to make a conversation, because it’s really hard to read. Because of this, we can’t communicate with each other at the appropriate level.

I know English well and for me reading and typing English sentences is much more easier. But typing and, what is more important, reading Russian conversations with English letters is a real torture.

It would be grate if you’ll add Cyrillic alphabet. =)

Seize the day.

(edited by Kreslin.6832)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lagha.7136

Lagha.7136

I’ve seen hieroglyphs in game chat some days ago. It means that Unicode is supported by game, but chat font doesn’t contain Cyrillic symbols. This problem seems a little artificial. If game will use any font with Cyrillic symbols, problem would be solved.

P.S. Excuse me for my English.

(edited by Lagha.7136)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plameniya.3540

Plameniya.3540

+1.
It would be great to see the Cyrillic at least for guild, party, whisper chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

+ We need it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dan.5416

Dan.5416

We need this, +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donkillme.1629

Donkillme.1629

Support for entering the Russian language!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yutaka Matsushige.1987

Yutaka Matsushige.1987

+1 would be nice to see cyrillic letters in game. Very good idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: OSerejaA.6539

OSerejaA.6539

I speak russian only +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ksanrus.6127

Ksanrus.6127

+ We need it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: krablus.9468

krablus.9468

very well that there is Arena.Net started small steps approach to localization guild wars 2! +

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shrike.5831

Shrike.5831

Yap! Would like to see cyrillic alphabet in game. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kausica.1953

Kausica.1953

+1, we need it…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gortem.4769

Gortem.4769

It’s really most awaited feature by Russian peoples. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spinosus.6748

Spinosus.6748

Hello.
Support cyrillic characters in the game chat – it’s very good, but I understand that many people don’t want to see the Russian language in the chat, so the game will also need additional chat filters. +1
Thank you for realy good game!
Good luck!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nakama.3785

Nakama.3785

Please, it’s not hard to add a font to the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gortem.4769

Gortem.4769

Hello.
Support cyrillic characters in the game chat – it’s very good, but I understand that many people don’t want to see the Russian language in the chat, so the game will also need additional chat filters. +1
Thank you for realy good game!
Good luck!

What’s about cyrillic support only in guild/group/whisper chat?
It’s just about communication

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zet.2689

Zet.2689

I like this idea, and i write +1 here.

What’s about cyrillic support only in guild/group/whisper chat?

Some groups and guilds are international.
Most of international guild members will understand, that other people don’t want to see their cyrillic words, but not all russian players will speak English in international party, so chat-filter is necessary.

(edited by Zet.2689)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dima Lobz.5940

Dima Lobz.5940

We need it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SCRET.4265

SCRET.4265

+1, It would be great to see the Cyrillic at least for guild, party, squad and whisper chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DiRaven.3958

DiRaven.3958

Makes sense. Why not, actually? It should not be that complicated to add support of the cyrillic symbols. Atleast it will make russian-speaking people happy and does not involve resources that are required for full localization.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laertes.2785

Laertes.2785

We need this, +1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bladerog.4078

Bladerog.4078

we need it, would be nice

in Suggestions

Posted by: scuk.3751

scuk.3751

We need whis, +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kovlas.3910

Kovlas.3910

I agree. Without cyrillic communicate very difficult… :-(

in Suggestions

Posted by: wirsh.7563

wirsh.7563

It is really very good idea. It will be very usefull for us. Please Arena, do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nucleus.6290

Nucleus.6290

we need this!
???????? ??????????!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicolas.9820

Nicolas.9820

I would like to see Cyrillic in guild chat. It will add more opportunities: ability to RP, easy ways to communicate (not all are familiar enough with English language) and Guild is all about communication. As a result of absent Cyrillic characters in guild chat we are forced to use VOIP services. But, you know, sometimes you don’t want or can’t talk…
Adding Cyrillic to the game will be best game expansion to me personally.

P.S.
Even guild chat will be enough, if it hard to implement on party level…

Guild Leader, “Overseers” : http://overseers.in.ua/gw2/

Defendre, aider et pas livrer!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axma.3172

Axma.3172

Hello ! I am posting here my “+1”. All the right words were said before and i have nothing to add.
Just help us and make Guild Wars 2 more welcome for russian players, please.

Otherwise we will have to continue damaging our eyes and brains by using the latinic alphabet to make them looks like cyrillic =(

I have made a screenshot attachment, that shows how will looks like some typical latinic phrases in english, if you will use cyrillic for it.

Attachments:

Axma – Guild Leader
[LC] Luck Catchers { Seafarer’s Rest }
www.luck-catchers.com

(edited by Axma.3172)

in Suggestions

Posted by: derrick.7960

derrick.7960

We need Cyrillic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: WolltDima.6934

WolltDima.6934

I want to write the guild in their own language – Russian!

Please add Cyrillic in guild chat, group chat and private messages.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tugrarus.7498

tugrarus.7498

Please add this feature. Thanks in advance!

in Suggestions

Posted by: slovo.5803

slovo.5803

+1
Arena, please, do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dmitry.9835

Dmitry.9835

We need this, +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dalairen.4037

Dalairen.4037

Not saying it shouldn’t happen but for someone saying its hard to communicate in game with English you sound more fluent than half of the English speaking populous.

Not all players in russian guilds know English that good to respond fast enough in it in critical situations. Not all of them are bad players cuz of this. Yes, we mostly stick to voice cooperation for that, but not everyone have mic. Someone can’t always turn it on – kid’s asleep, mom’s/gf’s/bf’s/whatever’s aggro, tech issues with mic – there may be many circumstances. Yes, most of us know some useful shortcuts for cooperation. Is it all of local community interaction possibilities we need? Nope.

Have you ever been in somewhat big guild or clan which is almost silent in /g chat? Like a guild of socially awkward penguins, you know. I am in such guild. I know most of ppl there as good players and awesome russian game bloggers. We are a somewhat closed community with a real need of unaggressive game and communication experience. Yet we have enough people and enough online to do at least not less than others. If we only could have cyrillic letters in /g chat – we would be happy. This little fix can give us a huge step up in our inner communication and interactions. We’ll have a possibility to fluidly chat in our guild with those who can’t always use voice apps and thay won’t remain almost silent.

I write in English fluid enough to spread my word. So is Norrel, and even though we’re complete strangers to each other I thought I could answer to your comment with some info you can find important. Though if you ask me to speak in voice then I’ll fail cuz of lack of voice practice, you’ll just hear some gibberish. Most of those who can’t write or speak English good enough struggle with transliteration which is harder and slower than just write in your own language.

(edited by Dalairen.4037)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edvard.5143

Edvard.5143

We need Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: sahamk.5672

sahamk.5672

that would be great

in Suggestions

Posted by: dniwe.4901

dniwe.4901

Greetings.
Great deal here. It’s true that there are many russian speaking players in the game and of course they communicate a lot. For those players who take part of russian speaking communities or just play with russian speakers (for a reason of bad english for example) it’s very uncomfortable to form the speech with latin alphabet, it feels and looks unnatural, sometimes hard to understand.

Personally I don’t use much russian language in GW2 for communication, but I would love to have an opportunity to speak my native language in normal way using cyrillic letters.

On the other hand, I also understand possible issues that may come up with introducing cyrillic in game. According to my MMORPG experience there might be and increasing swearing level plus cases when some people insult all the rest of players that won’t be able to understand that something is said — this would be the important responsibility for russian speaking players. Maybe introducing some kind of moderation team and/or some way to rapidly react to these insidents will do the thing (some people may disagree to this, but everybody knows clearly that this problem exists).
Adding option to block all cyrillic might be also right, or just enabling it for private/guild/group chat will be the solution.

As I said, I need a possibility to express myself using my native language with proper letters if I want to speak with other russian speakers. As it was said here already, it has nothing to do with game localisation for russian language (personally I would leave english game client even if I could switch to russian), it’s all about the opportunity to speak on my native language naturally, using cyrillic alphabet.

Kind regards.

(edited by dniwe.4901)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vik.2789

Vik.2789

+5 we need cyrillic alphabet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vladimir.5790

Vladimir.5790

+1.
Do it, please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nomalu.7152

Nomalu.7152

It would be really great if could you implement feature to type in Cyrillic as we have to communicate in russian a lot and it is really inconvenient to use translit for this purpose – sometimes it really hard both type and read. And due to that fact sometimes it easier to write nothing – which is awful for communication about guild members.

So I, as a part of Guild Wars 2 russian community, would like to ask you to consider the possibility of this feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mamaskiller.3605

Mamaskiller.3605

+1.
Do it, please!