Consider adding cyrillic alphabet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Horrou.6479

Horrou.6479

I wrote it there: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Cyrillic-in-Chat/first#post1504335 , but I will repeat it here:

Dear ArenaNet and NCsoft, on behalf of all members of “Wolf Spirit” (http://www.gvolki.ru/forums/) , as their guild
leader, I’m asking you to consider our very important proposal. Since unity of the guild members plays a big role in the game (and with “Flame & Frost: The gathering storm” update it will become even more important), we are very upset that we can’t properly coordinate our actions and efficiently communicate in game.
Inability to write in native language in guild, party and personal chats slows down progress of the guild as well as all of it’s members. Social aspect of the game is losing its attractiveness because of inability to properly communicate with other members of the community united by players with same language, culture and interests.
On behalf of all the guild members and everyone else signed below, I’m asking to add Cyrillic letters into the game so russian players could write in guild, party and personal chats in their own language.

Members of “Wolf Spirit”:
Aeris.7541
Aladar.4197
AlexCrow.9631
Anhaekitten.8159
Ase.2394
Astella.4739
bibi.5407
Bootya.2765
Brother Michael.6875
byikasha.8724
Choper.7682
degi.8451
Delena.3481
Deriagan.6013
DirtyHarry.1829
Dmitry.9134
dreem.6470
eths.3471
EvilGroz.2741
Fedor Emilianenko.6948
FelinaMei.1349
FlyingWind.2590
FoXer.3520
Gore Shade.2039
Gorey.4387
Gothic.4562
Hargamana.7304
Heavik.5087
Horrou.6479
IceInferno.8324
kim.8236
Krise.3912
Likada.9730
LuckyJoe.7304
Ludowig.1049
manster sinkero.8594
melik.3085
Morningstar.9702
MupoJI.4370
Paffnucci.8645
Quiddity.3492
Richard Sayfer.7861
Saaji.2091
Serij Ladiesman.7062
Sigalit.3518
stariikan.6785
Taler.8109
TheDarkOne.9147
Tzaraas.5241
val.7094
Vegga.2398
Vova.2540
Yagupi.9327
zHellish.2036

This collective request submitted in single copy by the leader of the guild instead of individual requests by every player so that customer support wouldn’t be overloaded by them. Every player listed above expressed his/her approval of this message and waiting for your decision on that matter. Sincerely, members of “Wolf Spirit” of CIS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VitKon.8721

VitKon.8721

+1
We need Cyrillic

[LC] Luck Catchers { Seafarer’s Rest }
www.luck-catchers.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: God.7418

God.7418

+1
It would be great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zirael.4157

Zirael.4157

Yes, please! Please, consider our request. Russian community would be very grateful for adding cyrillic letters. Moreover, the support of cyrilling chats into the game destroys the borders for the people who know english bad, and it also takes population of the game up!

in Suggestions

Posted by: McSim.2758

McSim.2758

Do it, please! We all need it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bergey.7602

Bergey.7602

+1 , just waiting for news on the localization

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aldar Stark.7385

Aldar Stark.7385

I’d like to support this – adding Russian language will be great deal and vastly improve Russian guilds’ everyday activities.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

I will agree with everyone and will join this forum petition. We NEED Cyrillic letters to ease the pain of using the Latin letters.
But the funny thing is, that if you try to type in russian on TP, you will be able to write there in russian :P But its because it’s an additional browser-plugin for viewing it, I know.
So I would be very happy if ArenaNet would continue the traditions of GW1 and make our language possible to use

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkinor.1235

Darkinor.1235

Posted this one here already →https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Cyrillic-in-Chat/first#post1505676

but will repeat here.

Would be nice feature to have cyrillic. Also for all those who dont want to see or read cyrillic in global , it would be nice to add feature that disables cyrillic letters from showing up, so they dont need to “read 100 lines in russian”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Myxomop K.5281

Myxomop K.5281

Hello,
Please add Cyrillic in guild chat, group chat and private messages.
Thanks in advance

in Suggestions

Posted by: skarsnick.4301

skarsnick.4301

Thats important for russian!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arerviin.2845

Arerviin.2845

From an interview for the site www.guildwars2guru.com
Colin Johanson said:

Question about custom chat channels.
Colin: Anything that we can do that will help communication across communities is really important.

Russian-speaking community – great community!
Cyrillic is used not only in Russia, but most of the citizens of CIS.
Please add the Cyrillic in game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Javva.7493

Javva.7493

+1
It would be great to see the Cyrillic at least for guild, party, whisper chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xxxYudziroxxx.8413

xxxYudziroxxx.8413

+1
Russian-speaking community need it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hronus.8104

Hronus.8104

+1.
Do it, please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Plain and simple a NO to this…

GW2 maybe an international game with multilangual audio files, but the chats should stay definetely in simple international roman letters.

The thing is simple, why this should NEVER come. You russians can type in roman letters. Not being able to write very good in english is no excuse for receiving an extra sausage getting your very own chat language in whoch only YOU russians can communicate, because the whole rest of the world can’t type in cyrillic, even if we’d understand the russian language in written roman letters.

Letting one part of a community receive their very own chat language letters will get ONLY ABUSED. Immature people just use this out to insult other people, knowing that they can’t understand, what you write, because of your cyrillig letters are looking to people of the rest of the world like egypt hieroglyphs!

if Net would give your russions now this language extra sausage, the next people who would instantly whine about not having their very own chat language letters, would be all kinds of asian people, or all kinds of islamic people, who also have they very own set of alphabet letters that totally look different again.

So just a plain simple NO. Its way too much effort for absolutely no real improvements of the game.
GW2 should stay with their way supporting only roman letters.

The abusive thing about cyrrilic is undenyable the biggest reason, why this should never ever happen. Please, for the sake of this game.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

Orpheal.8263

“Inability to write in native language in guild, party and personal chats”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Punnyo.6348

Punnyo.6348

Plain and simple a NO to this…

GW2 maybe an international game with multilangual audio files, but the chats should stay definetely in simple international roman letters.

The thing is simple, why this should NEVER come. You russians can type in roman letters. Not being able to write very good in english is no excuse for receiving an extra sausage getting your very own chat language in whoch only YOU russians can communicate, because the whole rest of the world can’t type in cyrillic, even if we’d understand the russian language in written roman letters.

Letting one part of a community receive their very own chat language letters will get ONLY ABUSED. Immature people just use this out to insult other people, knowing that they can’t understand, what you write, because of your cyrillig letters are looking to people of the rest of the world like egypt hieroglyphs!

if Net would give your russions now this language extra sausage, the next people who would instantly whine about not having their very own chat language letters, would be all kinds of asian people, or all kinds of islamic people, who also have they very own set of alphabet letters that totally look different again.

So just a plain simple NO. Its way too much effort for absolutely no real improvements of the game.
GW2 should stay with their way supporting only roman letters.

The abusive thing about cyrrilic is undenyable the biggest reason, why this should never ever happen. Please, for the sake of this game.

FYI: you CAN type in korean and chinese in GW2 chat.
By the way, I see that you totally ignored the first post where Norrel suggested adding filter for cyrillic letters

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

How does it come, that you don’t see then anywhere in overflow servers people writing in these native language letters, if its possible ??
The point is, these people can accept, that in an international game, there has to be an international chat language and that is one with roman letters, because most persons of the international world, that play GW2, which do speak English are using roman letters for communication and are totally fine with that, as it has mostly become for most peopel of the world a “normality”, unless there are explicit language servers existing with clear language rules, but this isn’t the case here in GW2.

If there would be a filter for it, sorry my bad, must have overseen this little information, then it would be something else. Because then would people not get disturbed by that, nor wouldn’t be able to get insulted by immature people which try to hide their violations against the play rules of GW2 or in general behind the typical language barrier issues and I know, there are alot of people, out there, which do try this also already with using roman letters…

Met already more than once some russian players in WvW on our German Server Drakkar insulting other people in russian with roman letters in usage over the map chat. Don’t know if they maybe got already banned for that, but who knows.

Call me conservative, but I simple think that everything that helps people in any kind of way to insult other people without them getting noticing it, should stay best out of this game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Punnyo.6348

Punnyo.6348

Orpheal,

The whole point of this forum post is about adding cyrillic letters to guild and party chats to make it easier for russian players to communicate with each other.
Talking about players who insult other people in russian language with roman letters – I am ashamed of them even though I am russian myself. There are “bad sheeps” in every nation, and I’ve seen players insulting others in german/french/sweden/other languages for the same reasons as in example that you cited (though I must agree, for some reason russians doing it more often).

Anyway, I know that it’s very disturbing when someone writing in public chat in their own language that only limited amount of people can understand. In the end it’s not about writing system but about understanding what someone else wrote. Adding cyrillic letters (either full support of cyrillic or limited to guild and party chats) wouldn’t make a big difference for people who don’t know russian language or for “bully” russians who insult other people in chat, but it would greatly improve gaming experience for good players from CIS.

P.S.
I hope you don’t have any hard feelings for me because of my last reply to you. I was frustrated by your first post which seemed a little bit harsh and unfair.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lg ips.1240

lg ips.1240

Yes it would be nice if in the chat added the ability to write in Cyrillic, communication would be easier.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Junior.3146

Junior.3146

+1.
Very good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kadomir.9157

Kadomir.9157

Agree with all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Orpheal.8263 you’re missing a point. Guild Wars 2 is not just an international game. We don’t have Russian server, Asia don’t have their own server, and so on and etcetera. In that case, I believe we have right to ask Cyrillic. Besides, we have it in Guild Wars 1 and nothing bad happened. Am I right? I think I am.

And one more thing, which is very important, so listen very carefully. It’s not the ordinary topic, where people can discuss their own opinion. It is a request, which has been made by Russian community. It’s a delicate situation.
Your arguing looks like insult to Russian community. If you’ll continue it… well… I hope you’ll show more respect to Russian community and will stop arguing.

Thank you for understanding.

Seize the day.

(edited by Kreslin.6832)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Omentos.2986

Omentos.2986

How does it come, that you don’t see then anywhere in overflow servers people writing in these native language letters, if its possible ??
The point is, these people can accept, that in an international game, there has to be an international chat language and that is one with roman letters, because most persons of the international world, that play GW2, which do speak English are using roman letters for communication and are totally fine with that, as it has mostly become for most peopel of the world a “normality”, unless there are explicit language servers existing with clear language rules, but this isn’t the case here in GW2.

If there would be a filter for it, sorry my bad, must have overseen this little information, then it would be something else. Because then would people not get disturbed by that, nor wouldn’t be able to get insulted by immature people which try to hide their violations against the play rules of GW2 or in general behind the typical language barrier issues and I know, there are alot of people, out there, which do try this also already with using roman letters…

Met already more than once some russian players in WvW on our German Server Drakkar insulting other people in russian with roman letters in usage over the map chat. Don’t know if they maybe got already banned for that, but who knows.

Call me conservative, but I simple think that everything that helps people in any kind of way to insult other people without them getting noticing it, should stay best out of this game.

Try not to the Latin alphabet to write English words. Then give them to a friend to read. Comfortable? Now imagine how to use it every day and every minute in guild chat.
No desire to use the chat. Sometimes lose the desire to play the game. A lot of my friends threw a game and wait for the localization or Cyrillic in the chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dawhimti.6543

Dawhimti.6543

+1 only in chat —> /t /p /w
not need in /s /m

in Suggestions

Posted by: katner.7069

katner.7069

+1
We need cyrillic alphabet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taliya.6527

Taliya.6527

Please give us an opportunity to type in Cyrillic in guild, party and whisper chats at least!

(edited by Taliya.6527)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polifi.9651

Polifi.9651

We need it, desperately, so pls pls pls Anet…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalipso.9143

Kalipso.9143

+1
Please add Cyrillic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delectat.1937

Delectat.1937

only in chat —> /t /p /w

+ /g

in Suggestions

Posted by: LocoHD.7091

LocoHD.7091

Give me CYRILLIC!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.4086

Squall Leonhart.4086

It really would make GW2 more interesting for russians. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dima.7429

Dima.7429

+1
Please add Cyrillic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: steck.3590

steck.3590

+1
Please add cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: NovaOutburst.3460

NovaOutburst.3460

Please add this feature. Thanks you in advance!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sathrys.4381

Sathrys.4381

+1. That’s all we’re asking for ;)
“Please add this feature. Thanks you in advance!” – x2

Learning English.

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

Map Chat = No
Party Chat = only with filter
Whisper = only with filter
Say Chat = No

That way it would be acceptable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gortem.4769

Gortem.4769

We need official response

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

don’t speak or write russian but i support you all.

@orpheal: why would you care about insults if you are not even aware that they are insulting you? and why your first thought was about it? you can be insulted in many different language currently without you to notice, the only think you know is they are roman alphabet…

i see this request as an improvement to same native language speaker cooperation and also for international one.
i can be in a party of russians where just one speak english and can translate to team mates to coordinate better? welcome cyrillic!!

i’ve been during halloween in overflow where there were chinese character in map chat. never happened again though, or i didn’t notice, since i’m not that paranoid that when i cannot read i assume they are insulting…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Satty.5392

Satty.5392

+1
We want to Cyrillic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aiwendil.9162

Aiwendil.9162

Please add Cyrillic

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tuf Na.6893

Tuf Na.6893

Map Chat = No
Party Chat = only with filter
Whisper = only with filter
Say Chat = No

That way it would be acceptable

Yes, it would be great! Thank you for changing your mind.
Trust me, we don’t want to insult other players by writing in cyrillic in the map or say chats. Ok, most of us, to be honest. We just want to be able to write in our native language in the guild, party and private/whisper chats. That’s only we asking for, nothing more.

I hope, ArenaNet will change their mind too, because I guess it’s not a big deal to add some cyrillic in some chats.

(edited by Tuf Na.6893)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laz.1603

Laz.1603

Please, add Cyrillic font. It seem that everything except font is working:
censure filter works for russian words, cyrillic font works in BLT-window. Only in chat there is a problem. As a delegate of 25+ of my guildmates I ask for adding Cyrillic fonts to GW2 chat. May be only to guild/party tabs, if there are a lot of people, who don’t want to see cyrillic ingame.
Best regards and with a great hope,
Laz

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

@ amadan

I do care for this, because I’ve seen already alot of people hiding insults in their own native language, knowing that the other side can’t understand them, making it a fun out of it. Not only here, this just happens in every MMO, in every game genre sadly.
And it aren’t only russians, but personally just only from my very own experiences I made for myself, they are it, which do it most oftenly here in GW2, when I play either WvW or are running around in an overflow server, where just simple everyone from all countries get mixed up together.

I have nothing against requests for improving this game in any kind of way as long these improvements don’t open up for people in general new ways to violate the rules with their inapproviate immature behaviour insulting other people in a way, where chances are good, that nobody can report them as the insulted ones don’t notice the insults.

Thats why I want to make my standpoint clear here, that I surely have nothing against cyrillic in itself. I just don’t want to see it in chats, where it doesn’t belong, where it would be abuseable and where it would be for people which use an other native language letter type be of a kind of immersion breaking, if there would appear out of nowhere someone talking in “hieroglyphs” cause of the different letters not being understandable for most of all other people, as you russians are the very only ones, which do use this kind of letters form.

As long cyrillic can be used and no one else, that can’t understand it gets confronted unwillingly with this letter form, everything is good.
So uf cyrillic gets implemented, filters everywhere where alot of people, or in general, where other people that couldn’t be russians could read what someone types…ARE A MUST.
Thats all I wanted to say.

I haven’t also said that when I see cyrillic texts, that I think, that everything of them will be always insults. Thats not correct…
But people can quickly use in the timeage of the internet handy generation very good and easy accessible translators, while playing the game to recognize quickly, when they get insulted and when not.
However, I made my standpoint here clear and thats enough.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CEZAR.4975

CEZAR.4975

We have in the Guild, the composition of which exceeds 200 people who have the desire to play in GW2,but want to play comfortably and communicate in the Guild in the Cyrillic alphabet. And such as we the Russian Guild very much . Arena please check for us Cyrillic alphabet !!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zlyd.7523

Zlyd.7523

+1
We REALLY need this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkinor.1235

Darkinor.1235

@ amadan
I have nothing against requests for improving this game in any kind of way as long these improvements don’t open up for people in general new ways to violate the rules with their inapproviate immature behaviour insulting other people in a way, where chances are good, that nobody can report them as the insulted ones don’t notice the insults.

Thats why I want to make my standpoint clear here, that I surely have nothing against cyrillic in itself. I just don’t want to see it in chats, where it doesn’t belong, where it would be abuseable and where it would be for people which use an other native language letter type be of a kind of immersion breaking, if there would appear out of nowhere someone talking in “hieroglyphs” cause of the different letters not being understandable for most of all other people, as you russians are the very only ones, which do use this kind of letters form.

So basicly, next time i see someone talking in chat in french, swedish, german, etc. I just can send report on them, because i dont understand them and from my POV, they can “violate the rules with their inapproviate immature behaviour” ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batya.7036

Batya.7036

+1 For all requests. Arena, plus you are in that that will increase sales of the MMORPGs in Russia. I’m more than sure that there is an audience that is not bought this game just because of that there is no Russian. The audience does not speak English in Russia is very big. And add more from you without putting any just chat why not make full localization. After all, the game has a story and you want to read.
   Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Orpheal.8263 you don’t have right to tell us where we are allowed to type Cyrillic and where we are not!

Don’t you understand that with your post you are compromising? You want a scandal here? Please stop typing here! I thought I asked you before!

If someone is typing on his/her language, it doesn’t mean that he/she are insulting you, makes a rude sentences about you. If you think in that way, it’s only your problem.

I ask you again, stop typing here! Your posts are insulting. You don’t have right to tell us where we are allowed to type, and where we are not! Let Arena.net tell it!

Seize the day.

(edited by Kreslin.6832)