Dervish in GW2?

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Would you like to see the profession “Dervish” to see the light in GW2?

To answer my own question, I would say: YES YES YESSS! My main in GW1 was a Dervish, with the obsidian armor. Rocked!

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The Dervish was kicked out to fit in with this games humans suck angle. If it was a class devoted to worshiping mass genocide, fur or whatever else the Charr likes then it would have been the first class in.

See also Cantha emperor being evil because it is a powerful human nation, no realm of the Gods as elite areas (how amazing would they look with GW2 graphics), Asuras being the experts in Orr, etc.

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I’m more interested in scythes to be honest.
Though I find the idea of a professions that gains added abilities from stripping boons that they place on themselves to be very interesting!
I know the lore of the dervish profession wouldn’t support multi-racial use (They share a strong connection with the human gods), but I’m sure there’s a way to evolve the profession’s beliefs so as to incorporate the other races. Maybe emphasis their strong spiritual connection with the earth and air, and shy away from the Avatar Forms that made them popular with Guild Wars players. I’d hate to see them go, but we do still see them in Guild Wars 2 through the human racial skills. Maybe have elemental forms instead of god forms (i.e. “Avatar of the Earth” and Avatar of the Sky")?

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

I can see the Dervish adapted to the other cultures in GW… The spiritual connection to the human gods wouldn’t nessisarily have to be so defined as it was in GW1… the lore already states that “the gods were once very active in the world, but in the past 200 years they have stepped away and let the races guide themselves” (one of the NPCs in Ebonhawk says something like that it’s not an exact quote)

As TriggerSad suggested their spiritual connections could be redirected to broader aspects such as elements and ideals…

Avatar of Melandru – Aspect of Nature
Avatar of Grenth – Aspect of Death
Avatar of Dwayna – Aspect of Life
Avatar of Balthazar – Aspect of War/Fire
Avatar of Lyssa – Aspect of Chaos

Since Komirr was still a mere human in GW1, there may not be an aspect based around her… Besides… what could you really do with “Aspect of Truths”

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

I think it’s a great idea based on one fact, I just want my DSR back : P

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Wielding schytes is just awesome.

Like the ideas of Panda!

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

NO! To many melee anyways!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The only problem with the return of the Dervish is that it was a holy warior that worshiped the 5 gods…ok that’s 2 problems . Well and the fact it was an elonian class .

The holy warrior role has been filled by the guardian essentially and the gods are chilaxing eating popcorn while we deal with dragons which the dervish drew its main power from. Heck half if not more of its skills had a gods name in it . Then you have the issue of only humans believing in the 6 gods and the fact several avatar skills have already been put in the game .

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’d love the Dervish, there’s currently a thread in the general section about bringing Cantha and Elona back in GW2. Many people want this, I’m sure with that the dervish and ritualist would both return.

Dervish in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

We don’t really need the Dervish back.

The only reason Dervish were awesome because of the Scythe and armor.

Instead of making a new profession, just give scythe to other profession.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant