Disable Jumping

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Jumping only causes people to find new ways to skip things that are not meant to be skipped and thus needs to be disabled.

In its place jump pads like in the skyhammer pvp map. This way only places where you are meant to jump are reachable by jumping.

Thank you.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felbryn.5462

Felbryn.5462

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyzr.9531

Vyzr.9531

I like the ability to move in this game.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Ironically, jumping was one of the most requested features coming from GW1 into GW2. I think it’s more of a level design thing than a problem with jumping.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

what you crazy? NO!

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

SMH this suggestion.

This suggestion should be synonymous with curse words its just that bad.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sagittario.8102

Sagittario.8102

Jumping, Swimming and Dodging, were one of the great differences between GW1 and GW2. Removing any them would hurt the game badly.
Why do you hate the ability to jump Erebus? Are you annoyed with Jumping Puzzles?

Also

Jumping only causes people to find new ways to skip things that are not meant to be skipped and thus needs to be disabled.

^This is not true. People exploit leap skills, teleports, portals and consumables. Not jumping. And Anet is doing good job closing these exploits.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

People exploit leap skills, teleports, portals and consumables. Not jumping. And Anet is doing good job closing these exploits.

Just because we can teleport, leap and use portals doesn’t mean it’s an exploit ;0 I hate JP’s more than anything else, however I see no reason to remove the jump option from characters. Might as well take away the running option. All characters are forced to slowly walk. swiftness skills/sigils and weapons are removed while we are at it.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

#ELEtism 4ever

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellewind.9640

Ellewind.9640

What?! No!! people love jumping!

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

People use running to skip mobs and other content all the time.
Running should be disabled.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

-blinks-

falls from chair laughing

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Why someone would get offended by the universal ability to jump is beyond me.

Yesterday I saw a player on top of the Statue of Dwayna in Divinity’s reach, did I get offended? no. I was amused that someone would work hard to get up on that statue.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodeius.2751

Asmodeius.2751

another vote to not disable jumping. This is just nonsense, if content is poorly designed and people able to bypass it, it is the content fix that is necessary. In pvp Jumping and heightened grounds offer a strategic superiority over the enemy if used wisely, it should not be removed.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I think the opposition to this suggestion here is unanimous.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I think the opposition to this suggestion here is unanimous.

This message is approved by every guild wars 2 player (-1)

Edit: Erebus.9276 being the -1 to the total (for ppl that cant follow)

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve noticed most exploits involve moving in some manner. I recommend that ANet remove all movement from the game. They can give us a warning this is going to happen. Each person finds the one spot he likes best in the game and gets locked there. Voila! No more exploits involving jumping, running, swimming or walking. Problem solved.

This idea is so good, each person who reads it should send me one gold to show their appreciation of its genius. ^^

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

We should remove magic from the game while we’re at it. I hate it when casters have the gall to cast spells all up in my grill.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

People always find ways to exploit in dungeons, so lets remove them as well.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brushfire.3125

Brushfire.3125

I noticed a common thread here, the problem really isn’t abilities, it’s people. If we just eliminate player involvement from the game, then exploits would be a non-issue.

ANet can just host a bot net on EC2 to play the game in their stead, they’ve done it before.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: White.9523

White.9523

Hell no, I’m not going back to that

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

The OP isn’t going far enough. I’d say that moving allows people to skip things and go into places they shouldn’t, so the game should not allow moving. Jumping is fine as long as you only jump vertically. Think about it, you know it makes sense.

- Al Zheimer

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

-blinks-

falls from chair laughing

^
This

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I would love to see a vote ability on these type of crazy suggestions.

My vote=“No”
I enjoy jumping parts of maps to get to different places, jumping across chasms etc etc.
You often need to jump for the following:
Vistas (even in low level areas)
JPs
Get to a higher vantage point to have a better chance of winning vs a baddie (A person in a sword fight has a better advantage if they are on a staircase and fighting downwards than the person trying to fight upwards. The person at the top of the stair case can chop the persons head off more easily than the person at the bottom etc etc)

Standing in a tree with a bow and arrow fighting baddies below is a common scenario and should not be punished. Is it wrong to be on top of a cliff and shoot below at foes below you?

Nope is my answer.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

These so-called jumper kids these days need to learn some respect!

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

In its place jump pads like in the skyhammer pvp map. This way only places where you are meant to jump are reachable by jumping.

Thank you.

Disable movement. Movement only causes people to go places people are not meant to go thus needs to be disabled.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cskibinski.9261

Cskibinski.9261

I noticed a common thread here, the problem really isn’t abilities, it’s people. If we just eliminate player involvement from the game, then exploits would be a non-issue.

ANet can just host a bot net on EC2 to play the game in their stead, they’ve done it before.

Eliminating players from the game…I think that is already happening.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Never in my life did I expect anyone to suggest anything like no jumping. Why I feel like going in game and jump around some.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Erebus, while your idea is terrible, I can see maybe where you are coming from… maybe?

You, like me, like to enjoy a full dungeon where you kill the mobs Anet has placed for us to kill and loath doing cheesy exploits like doing a unofficial mini jumping puzzle to avoid them.

We are what dungeon runners call casuals AKA we play for fun mostly and could careless how many runs we can squeeze into X amount of time. While others are in it for the rewards.

Just like how the hardcore players can’t change us; we can’t change them. So, do like I do and make your own groups in the LFG tool and be sure to include in the description “Do not apply if you expect skipping of mobs and a quick run.” and when the group is made be sure to repeat the same expectation (Those in-n-out dungeon runners hate reading text and might of missed it.).

Hope this helps you because removing jumping is never gonna happen.

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Please disable combat skills. This game promotes violence.

Glorious Human Master Race

Disable Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Disable running too. It promotes running through mobs ja kiting.
Oh and disable dodging too. It promotes avoiding attacks that should hit. It is unfair.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)