Dye Account wide

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maladie.1035

Maladie.1035

Dyes should be account wide like personally I have gotten the dye packs with gems and to get some of the more expensive ones it begins to become costly.With so many different dyes in the game for them to be character bound just seems kind of harsh.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Maladie.1035

A solution would be to create a item for gems that allows you to pick dyes that you currently own on one character and make them account wide.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Yes dyes should be account wide. This has been suggested before, and every time I see it I post my agreement.

Sadly though anet believes they will earn more money from the store by keeping them character bound. All I can say is that I will never buy dyes from the gem shop as long as they are character bound. Make them account bound and I’d buy a ton because I am impatatient and want all the colors

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

A solution would be to create a item for gems that allows you to pick dyes that you currently own on one character and make them account wide.

I like this idea. I think it would be the easiest thing to implement with no adverse effect on the current dye system. By that I mean there’s very little chance of breaking something while implementing it. There are a lot of dyes in this game and I certainly don’t need them all on my alts, but I’d like a few.

+1

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Some have posted before and linked to the article that the original idea was that they were supposed to be account bound. My apologies that I do not have that link.

But I will add in my agreement that the dye palette should be account bound. I had 4 rare dyes unlocked on my mesmer that had I paid for them would have cost LOTS OF GOLD. I had to think for a week before I deleted her just because of those 4 dyes.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I agree that dyes should be account bound! Now that the drop rate of unidentified dye is so low again, they cost three times as much when bought at the trading post.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalizaar.4729

Kalizaar.4729

Would love for dyes to be account-wide, but would even settle for a gem option. Although I suppose that would then dry up some of their current “pay gems for dyes” funds.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Maladie.1035

Just want to further expand on this, like an idea were you can buy a kit from the black lion and its like you can make 5 of your current dyes account wide and make it cost like 400-500 gems. This way Guild wars 2 still can make their money from gems. It is just me but I think this is a fair compromise. Like my main character has 190 dyes it is not a lot in comparison but I have all of the expensive ones and I finally decided I wanted to level a alt, but when I noticed this I literally was like nope. Just because then I would have to sacrifice getting cool armor on my main toon to just make my others look decent.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Not reading through everything but one reason

Money sink, it helps balance out the economy when someone puts Dye’s ( identified or not ) on the TP.

Like it or leave it, you don’t have to get the dye’s there is no advantage to having dye’s other than cosmetic. There fore if you want cosmetic your going to pay for it.

Keep them the way they are

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I disagree with this idea I think its fair enough to have to unlock the dye separately on each character.
If you honestly have a problem I will refer you back to the guild wars 1 dye system where dyes were single use for one piece of armor, so for example if you wanted the most expensive dye you would have to buy 1 for each piece of armor.
The current dye system is already much more lenient, we don’t need it any easier.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I disagree with this idea I think its fair enough to have to unlock the dye separately on each character.
If you honestly have a problem I will refer you back to the guild wars 1 dye system where dyes were single use for one piece of armor, so for example if you wanted the most expensive dye you would have to buy 1 for each piece of armor.
The current dye system is already much more lenient, we don’t need it any easier.

I +1 the goat on this one

Vote no on prob 9876

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Maladie.1035

The gw1 system would work but the dyes would drop far more often and be far cheaper.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

The gw1 system would work but the dyes would drop far more often and be far cheaper.

CHEAPER

Black dyes and gold dyes and white dyes sold for upwards to 20 plat lol that is 1/5 of a guild hall if I remember correctly

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Maladie.1035

20 plat in gw1 was nothing at all…

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

and neither is 5 gold or 7 gold now lol in GW2

personally I know 6 years ago those were not cheap dye’s and exactly how much they were I am not sure but it did take a while to farm up the plat for it.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

You could buy dyes from Merchants in GW1. Black dye was about 8-9p… Just saying.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

We have the ability to put a handful of dyes on a favorites list, right? Why not make THAT account-wide?

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

20 plat in gw1 was nothing at all…

20 platinum in gw1 was more than the price of full set of max armor.

You could buy dyes from Merchants in GW1. Black dye was about 8-9p… Just saying.

And we could only use it once on one piece of armor. So it was 40+ platinum to dye one set armor. And we had to keep it that color for ever because changing color meant more money to spend.
Since we could also mix dye to get more color, It could require 20 bottles to dye a set of armor. If there was black, white or silver in the mix, it would cost a small fortune.

Now we buy it once and we have it forever on our character.

(edited by Haishao.6851)

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

For the exact reason that has been stated at least 3 times now, because dye’s are reusable and not destroyed on use. There is no reason to make them account wide

Reason two
If for some reason dye’s affected some sort of the game or made it so dungeons would be easier having them I would agree they should be account wide. Like Dungeon tokens are account wide. Although that is not the case here, Dye’s are purely cosmetic, and with that since it is a cosmetic thing I don’t think they need to be account wide since it is not a need it is a want.

Just be glad that dye’s are not single use.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rashamra.5138

Rashamra.5138

I can see some of the reasons for dyes to be made character only. However, I support any suggestion to make dyes account wide. I was foolish enough to think that it was at first and happily consumed all the dyes I found on a single character.

Reason 1: Prices of dye have skyrocketed and recollecting the dyes will be time (and even gold) consuming. Admittedly, I would rather profit from the price hike than to make my toon’s armor colors special to me.

Reason 2: There’s a lot to collect if you have multiple alts and want a bigger color palette to paint them over. My alts will continue to be in starter colors because of this.

Reason 3: All my toons get to play with a lot more colors

Reason 4: I’d enjoy GW2 and love Anet that much more when a suggestion like this one is realised

Reason 5: There are other creative means for Anet to consider to be able to profit from dyes e.g. introducing more colors, introducing gem store dye converters capable of converting 2 colors into a different color (just like how red and yellow turns to orange), introducing gem store items that will ‘unlock’ multiple special unidentified dyes (similar to black lion chest), etc

Having said all the above, will I still continue to play GW2 despite the lack of colors in my toon? most definitely yes. After all, this is just a suggestion right? I just wouldn’t feel as unique with only starter colors on my alts.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

It sounds so much better for dyes to be account wide because for some people collecting Dyes is a need, its fun to be all sorts of colors, and whenever a player wants to change them on GW2. Honestly I had a toon with a ton of dyes i put so much cash into him and now I regreat deleating him just because the Guardian profession wasnt my thing anymore, I was tired of greatsword and scepter. Anyway he had fantastic dyes I wish I could have back, White, Silver to many dyes to name. Maybe when I deleat a toon may I have all the dyes back? Or some of them by choice? Honestly i have one toon that has Celestial Dye that I was lucky to get when it was less or more than 2g. Honestly I think some dyes should be account bound i dont find it fair that i have a favorite colors on other toons that im not useing all the time.

I worked to pay for a dye it would be nice to share it on all toons to enjoy not buy it 5 more times…

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Would love for dyes to be account-wide, but would even settle for a gem option. Although I suppose that would then dry up some of their current “pay gems for dyes” funds.

It isn’t about the gem revenue, it is the character progression. Appearance is the end-game progression, so to make dyes account-wide is to eliminate one of the more meaningful measures of the effort that has gone into a character. When you see somebody wearing expensive colors, you know there was effort involved.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, I’m of the opinion that after I’ve farmed like mad to level 80 and beyond on a char, having it easy to make alts to vary the pleasure should be given. So I really do not want to have to farm dyes that all again for my alts. They’ll stay in the basic colors and that’s all.

Also, there’s not a money sink when you buy items from other players. It’s just here to make us buy more cash shop dyes and that’s all.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Some clarifications about prices etc. in GW1 and why they’re irrelevant:

• A set of max armour was 1p/piece (5 pieces). Really, really not a lot.
  • A set of prestige max armour was 15p/piece. Which is/was a hell of a lot.
  • Some sets cost multiples of that due to the added cost of insanely expensive mats. Also, the mats for each profession’s armour was different. Some professions ended up spending dozens of platinum more because they require more of an expensive material, and less of a common one
  • The most expensive dye in GW1 at the time of the launch of GW2 was black dye. It was not more than 10p (but obviously you have to spend 5 times that to dye all armour pieces.
  • Dye was not unlocked in GW1. Therefore it was cheaper and dropped more often.
  • 5 gold is still a lot of money for some in GW2. If it was not, everyone would have been able to buy Abyss when it was 5 gold. Now its at least 6 times that. It’s meant to be rare, so it’s something we’ll live with or hopefully ignore until people stop screwing with supply. But the same people who claim 5 gold is easy to get also say dye should be as expensive as it is… It’s saying “If you’re poor, too bad for you. But I find making money easy, therefore it should be even harder for everyone.”

IRL this is how millions die. People have a right to complain when something that was promised (account-wide unlocks) is denied, and the price of dye rises up to 500% due to manipulators with ridiculous cash. It’s greed. I don’t know why it’s fun, but normally I would say if playing the market is fun, do it. But it’s crossed the line where it’s hurting the enjoyment of other players.

For the love of Balthazar, please do not waste money on dye whose stock is being compromised maliciously. If anything, wait until the next “dye weekend” when prices come down a bit and supply goes up.

Keep fighting for what they originally intended. Think of it this way… would the game be unbalanced if the dye market went to hell? No. Dye is cosmetic. The only thing it’s doing right now is making the rich richer, and maybe a few lucky casual players tiny fortunes. Those player’s are more likely to be excited by a an unidentified dye drop EVEN IF they went for 1c on the TP. Dye should be about colour, luck, prestige, and making visual improvements. It should not be what it is right now. A war most of us would rather bail on.

You said dyes would be account wide – is depriving the less fortunate players of cosmetic improvements worth the chaos it’s causing on the BLTP and forums? I really don’t get the logic. I really really don’t. Was there ever an official explanation as to why they went back on their original plan and made them character-bound?

Z

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The way that drop rates are now means, Areananet needs dyes as a gold sink.

A preview window with a way to view dyes you don’t have and then buy them in the TP.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dyes-Please-make-them-account-bound/first

Five pages on the subject. I don’t even think they read these suggestions.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

Before, when unidentified dyes drops were commons and their value was 3-5 silvers, it was ok to have them character bound. But now, with reduced drops, and consequently a skyrocketed price of 12+ silver, buying colors has became an overkill.

Either reset the dye drop as it was before november 1st (easier solution), or make dyes account bound (and face the right complaints from people who already bought abyssal on multiple characters).

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Zaith.9132

This kinda makes me sick, but maybe it’s what I was asking for.

Price of Abyss 2 days ago: 34 g
Price of Abyss now: 18 g

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

There’s this large bubble that’s seems to be keeping the secret to making gold in this game. Because, 6-7 gold is a lot to me and that’s with playing 5hrs a day! I’m guessing everyone just run’s dungeons in full MF gear??? Because I dislike MF and Dungeons, it’s the only variable I can imagine.

I’d like white on each character yet, haven’t even gotten it once. Nor abyss or celestial either. This is with getting my daily on all but, a handful of misses for the past 12 weeks. The drop rate must be incredibly low on them. So, I’m for account wide dye’s.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

The drop rate must be incredibly low on them.

Since the November patch the drop rate is pretty bad/ low in general.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Loot-Drop-Rate-Bug/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/first

And yesss, account wide dyes (like they promised us long before the game released) would be awesome! <3

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Zaith.9132

There’s this large bubble that’s seems to be keeping the secret to making gold in this game. Because, 6-7 gold is a lot to me and that’s with playing 5hrs a day! I’m guessing everyone just run’s dungeons in full MF gear??? Because I dislike MF and Dungeons, it’s the only variable I can imagine.

The drop rate must be incredibly low on them.

Hey KyleQuest – no worries (kinda) 6-7 gold is a buttload of gold for pretty much anyone I’ve ever talked to in game. That’s because I’m a social player and don’t like playing the market. I have more fun being poor, as I always say.

As the previous poster replied, yes, they smash nerfed drops significantly. ANet’s not fooling anyone – the player base keeps data and statistics. The TP phenomenon isn’t ALL “inflation”

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daednu.6893

Daednu.6893

yes. just yes. i dont care how they do it, i just want my dyes on all characters

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wai.5279

Wai.5279

The difference between single use dyes and dyes that you collect is that in a collection you start to care for the missing ones you have.

Putting effort to a collection is really hard (atleast for me) when you know you’ll lose it when you change your character. In this case I’d have loved it better if they were single use, but would rejoice if they were made account wide.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: kehnakai.1438

kehnakai.1438

I really wish they would make them account bound , i can not count how much gold i have spent on abyss and white dye and midnight ice..it is really depressing that they are only character bound.

Dye Account wide

in Suggestions

Posted by: ruba.8703

ruba.8703

Bump!

I agree with this. Some of us spend a great deal of time and money collecting dyes. It’s part of the fun; Searching high and low, hoping to get that perfect dye to make your armor look amazing!

However, this becomes very discouraging when the same people that love collecting dyes also love having alts. I am one of those people. I love playing the game from different character perspectives and searching for the colors that best fit the persona of the character I am playing.

I strongly feel that account wide dyes are essential. I truly do not understand the decision to make them available to only one character.