Dyes - Please make them account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

Well, good luck with that. Whatever “old philosophies” you believe ArenaNet “left behind”. In your point of view, they forgot about their “old philosophies”. In your point-of-view, they started to care about money and no longer the gamers.

In your point-of-view, not theirs, not the investors, not their parent company, not their shareholders. For them, at the end of the day, it is still all about doing business and satisfying your investors and shareholders.

No, they did not “moved on” to a “new philosophy”, ArenaNet is still ArenaNet when they started. If all they want is money, it is very easy to put x1000 XP for 1 hour. It is very easy to create a “Basic account” and “Premium Account”, with the basic account you get less inventory for example, and with the premium account you get 10x more inventory.

No, they’re not doing that, because they haven’t changed philosophies. They’re sticking with their philosophies, their philosophies since GW1 still apply to this day. That’s ArenaNet for you.

It does not change the fact that Anet’s behavior has been nothing but shady about the dyes, which I posted about in my first post in this thread. Shady and sneaky.

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

in Suggestions

Willowleaf.5721

All this kind of reminds me of the HoM back in GW1. When it first came out the HoM was character bound. For the altholic that I am, that was quite a slap in the face, such a shock that I quit GW1. That is the thing that made me quit. A lot of people complained about it back then, so much that the HoM later was turned into account-wide instead. I just hope that Anet will com back to their senses and do what they did back then, put the dyes account-wide.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

The most disappointing for me is that – as they told us about the dye system – they mentioned the dyes would be account-wide.

“Colors will be unlocked, not muled.
Storage was always a factor when it came to dye colors in Guild Wars. The new system would cripple most inventories if we required characters to lug all the dyes around. Fear not! The dye hues themselves will be unlockable through various means, both in-game and out. Once you unlock the color, it will be available across your entire account, not just the individual character.
Link: http://www.arena.net/blog/live-and-let-dye-kristen-perry-on-the-gw2-dye-system

How it is now, how it changed.. feels not right..
They always said they would talk about game mechanics/ systems to us if they are ready to be implemented that way. (Yeah, sometimes things change, but they could have talked about it and not just changed it and leaving the feeling of disappointment..)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anzariel.9213

Anzariel.9213

I understand why crafting recipes aren’t account bound for obvious reasons. Dyes though…

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

The new system would cripple most inventories if we required characters to lug all the dyes around.

Yeah, I’m finding that out. Spent the last few days trying to just save more money across my characters to buy more gems on the exchange to buy a second set of account bank space just to put dyes in there.

I’ve sold off all the dyes I thought were ugly and I still have like 50 or so stashed.

I’m not paying them for gems to add more space for a flawed game system. We should be able to unlock more storage with in-game currency, not have to exchange it for real life bought currency to even get any more storage.

Trying to save up the money is making me want to quit because I’m not getting to do much exploring or just playing for fun like I want to be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torque.7951

Torque.7951

106thed….something… meh..

/signed

Yeah, that works.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

I can see how this annoys some people but at the moment I’m happy with the character bound system. Mind you I haven’t found a really awesome rare dye yet – my opinion may change lol!

I see it as part of my characters development depending on what random dye drop they get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenixlord.7015

Phoenixlord.7015

I really think its stupid how they didn’t do this in the first place especially since they said they would.

in Suggestions

Willowleaf.5721

The new system would cripple most inventories if we required characters to lug all the dyes around.

Yeah, I’m finding that out. Spent the last few days trying to just save more money across my characters to buy more gems on the exchange to buy a second set of account bank space just to put dyes in there.

I’ve sold off all the dyes I thought were ugly and I still have like 50 or so stashed.

Same here. I identified some dyes out of curiosity but I’ve stopped because they take precious space in the inventory. So as long as dyes do not go back to account-wide like they used to be, I’ve decided to:

- stop entirely to identify dyes and keep them unidentified in the bank
- never unlock a dye with any of my alts
- never buy dyes on the trading post

in Suggestions

Navi.7142

Hmmm, I unlocked them.. but I am very disappointed about what they promised and how they acted then.. and ignoring such a thing doesn’t make it better..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spectra.9487

Spectra.9487

I agree about the dyes…and same should be done for recipes. I made the mistake of purchasing recipes with my engineer and thought i could transfer to my mesmer…..but was out of luck. I ended up just deleting them……gold wasted….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spectra.9487

Spectra.9487

I jsut identify dyes, and then unlock them on the character. The only reason I wouldn’t id them or unlock them, is to sell them…..and I don’t see the point in doing that. Once in a while, I identify a duplicate, but that has been rare up to now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crash.7910

Crash.7910

There’s a lot of good discussion here.

I’m not sure the way the game is structured allows for dyes to be account bound without some negative effects.

Regardless I vote yes on account bound dyes cause I have 8 chars and I must have had over 100 dyes across all of them and I haven’t used a single one cause I like all my characters, I don’t have a ‘main’ and I don’t want to give one to a character and then have to find/buy it again for another.

Perhaps if only rare dyes were account bound but the others were not? or perhaps the opposite? Then there’s still a sense of collecting for each character but the list of colors won’t be so overwhelming | the collectible dyes are the cheaper/more common ones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

There is already one guy with the 403 dyes… And the game has not been out a month.

Anyway, keep it character bound. This is purely cosmetic, and a potential good source of gem buyers for Anet. So leave as it is. No one is forcing you to get all 403 dyes on all characters. Just get the few you want on alts, and all of them on your main if you are a completionist.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I see a recurring assertion in this thread that one of the strikes against character-bound dyes is that the player has to collect so many of them.

To those forwarding that claim I’d like to ask: why would you need all dyes on all characters?

I already have about a dozen-or-so colors unlocked on each of my characters, and that’s already more than enough. What exactly is the justification for a need to have them all?

If it’s a collection thing, a completist thing… isn’t prolonging the completion, making it something gained over the long-term, a plus?

Another question for those who’re advocating account-bound dyes: would you still support account-bound dyes if it meant dyes would no longer be dropped by mobs, and would only be obtainable through crafting or the market?

I’m guessing… probably not.

Here’s the problem: the economy is part of the game, and dyes stand to play a significant role in it. ANet is invested in the economy for a myriad of reasons including, but not limited to, its role in hindering RMT.

So, even if you don’t use the market, it’s good for everyone if crafters can profit from their crafting, and if players can make gold selling the things they collect.

Making dyes account-bound, without any sort of mitigating influence, would be a serious blow to a market that’s already struggling for equilibrium. If you want account-bound dyes, it seems pretty clear to me that the only way it’s going to happen is if the negative impact such a change would have on the economy is somehow countered.

One such possible solution would be to implement the aforementioned limitations. There are likely other ideas that might work. But it’s gonna have to be something, so I’d say: put your thinking caps on.

‘Cuz not only is ’gimme account-bound dyes, I don’t care about the market’ a myopic, selfish view, it’s probably not going to be given any serious attention.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

- stop entirely to identify dyes and keep them unidentified in the bank
- never unlock a dye with any of my alts
- never buy dyes on the trading post

Yeah, I should stop even opening the unidentified dyes, but it’s some of that ‘kid in a candy store’ mentality. Always want to see what I get.

‘Cuz not only is ’gimme account-bound dyes, I don’t care about the market’ a myopic, selfish view, it’s probably not going to be given any serious attention.

How is ‘Gimme your real life cash multiple times because we went against our word (honor, integrity) and are being greedy and don’t care that the real life economy is in the sinkhole or care whether you’re even able to enjoy our game with it’s limitations’ any less selfish or myopic?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crash.7910

Crash.7910

How about a section in the collectibles part of the bank for each dye? Then you could preview dyes and easily pick what you want.

I had to buy 2 extra bank slots if I wanted to save all my identified dyes. As I said before I’d like them to be account bound but I think given them their own storage could make everyone happy. Especially being able to preview lets players see exactly which dye they should buy/find.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khasalianus.8610

Khasalianus.8610

Ya know, when I first started playing I thought dyes WERE account bound. So on like my second day of playing, I get the coveted Black dye on my Guardian. Well, I was still tweaking with my toon, not happy with him. So I deleted said Guardian not long after learning the Black dye. To my horror, I find out the dyes aren’t account bound after all and I lost out.

I have tried putting in a ticket but apparently Anet “remain unable to replace or reimburse them for this incident. We simply do not have the tools or system to do so.” or so they say.

Well that’s my tale of woe and supreme noobiness. Really put a damper on my mood, even after buying the CE version. Ah well…

So to sum up, yes, dyes should be account bound, at least the rarer ones.

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” – Twilight of the Idols
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

in Suggestions

Posted by: Remix.5019

Remix.5019

I fully agree. Dye’s should be shared across your account. It’s bad enough that you get duplicates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiserin.4781

Kaiserin.4781

Agree with OP – account bound dyes pretty please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

This thread is a real proof that people want everything handed to them for free.

Dye drop in game quite frequently. They can be crafted. They are very cheap on the TP and they have infinite use.

Yet people demand more again.

This is getting close to when people demanded that explored map would become explored for our account in GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

While I can see the benefit of account wide dyes, I just put any new ones I get on my necro/main and pick a color theme for alt characters. That way I won’t have to worry about getting them all cool colors. Also some of the colors I like are under a silver so it’s not that big a deal to get the again. I’ve given some spares away to my sis and used on alts and sold on TP. It’s a really exciting moment when I get a dye (and all my friends seem to have the same excitement). I think I’d be kinda sad to lose that excitement.

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

How is ‘Gimme your real life cash multiple times because we went against our word (honor, integrity) and are being greedy and don’t care that the real life economy is in the sinkhole or care whether you’re even able to enjoy our game with it’s limitations’ any less selfish or myopic?

So, if I’m reading this correctly, you agree that wanting all dyes to be account-bound without any regard for the effect it’d have on the in-game economy is a selfish, myopic stance. However, because you perceive ANet to be behaving poorly, that’s okay.

Is that correct?

For the record, I’m not referring to “real life cash”; it has nothing to do with my point. I’m referring to the in-game economy. The in-game economy would be adversely affected by making dyes account-bound. This would negatively impact you, me, and everyone else who plays the game in several indirect ways, even if you don’t use the market at all.

So, again, if you want dyes to be account-bound, I’d say it’s in your best interest to take the larger picture into consideration and come up with a solution that accommodates it, while providing you with (most if not all) of what you want.

I mean, c’mon, do you really think, “Give us account-bound dyes you greedy so-and-sos,” is going to get you anywhere?

Personally, I will never buy dyes, or anything else that can be obtained in-game, with real money. I might agree that ANet’s shift on dye implementation, particularly the timing of it, was a little dubious. But it really is a separate issue from the in-game impact of such a change, given how things actually are in the game right now.

My preference would be to keep dyes per character. But I’m not all that devoted to the preference. What’s most important to me is keeping the game experience vital. I think a healthy economy is necessary for that. It’s not very healthy right now. I find that to be a much larger problem than how dyes are bound.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

No!

It is much better for the economy if they are character bound.

Yet again, players wanting everything an MMO has to offer within a few weeks. I’m not convinced that a lot of players understand what is involved in playing an MMO these days. There are many instant gratification games out there on consoles, play them but leave my long term MMO games alone thank you. They are an investment into a world, not an achieve everything in two weeks deal.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

So, if I’m reading this correctly, you agree that wanting all dyes to be account-bound without any regard for the effect it’d have on the in-game economy is a selfish, myopic stance. However, because you perceive ANet to be behaving poorly, that’s okay.

Is that correct?

I didn’t ‘disregard’ the effect on the in-game economy. I addressed it in quite a few posts. Just because you believe making the dyes account bound is going to crash the economy, doesn’t mean it will.

For the record, I’m not referring to “real life cash”; it has nothing to do with my point. I’m referring to the in-game economy.

Except that it does. This in-game economy is partially dependent on real life cash because you can exchange in-game currency for the equivalent in ‘real life cash’ (gems) and vice-versa based on how the market fluctuates.

I’m referring to the in-game economy. The in-game economy would be adversely affected by making dyes account-bound. This would negatively impact you, me, and everyone else who plays the game in several indirect ways, even if you don’t use the market at all.

You’re assuming I don’t use the market. I’m one of the people who plays auction houses (Trading Posts, if you use current game terminology) in games. I’m also one of the people who supplies crafted items and attempts to set prices by purposely selling high or low depending on the specific items being sold.

So, again, if you want dyes to be account-bound, I’d say it’s in your best interest to take the larger picture into consideration and come up with a solution that accommodates it, while providing you with (most if not all) of what you want.

I mean, c’mon, do you really think, “Give us account-bound dyes you greedy so-and-sos,” is going to get you anywhere?

No, I’ve suggested a few ideas or other options. It seems that a modest amount of the people who post in support of character bound are stuck on the fact that it makes them (Anet) real money to keep producing content, and then there’s multiple people who keep saying they’d never pay for the dyes in their current state.

Are you missing the disconnect here?

Personally, I will never buy dyes, or anything else that can be obtained in-game, with real money. I might agree that ANet’s shift on dye implementation, particularly the timing of it, was a little dubious. But it really is a separate issue from the in-game impact of such a change, given how things actually are in the game right now.

My preference would be to keep dyes per character. But I’m not all that devoted to the preference. What’s most important to me is keeping the game experience vital. I think a healthy economy is necessary for that. It’s not very healthy right now. I find that to be a much larger problem than how dyes are bound.

If you’re buying gems, you’d see it’s quite healthy right now. It’s been steadily increasing the cost per gem for in-game currency the past few days. This is working just great as a money sink.

The problem seems to be that the opposite isn’t working so well. After buying my first set of gems I checked to see the prices and it’s pretty low to sell gems for in-game coin. You don’t recoup your cost, or even make money because they put in a damper somewhere to adjust the cost. (Seems to me as though the company is actually in control of the gems and the market…not the players.)

Anyway, I’m no economics person, so this is all just hurting my brain to talk about.

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

No!

Yet again, players wanting everything an MMO has to offer within a few weeks. I’m not convinced that a lot of players understand what is involved in playing an MMO these days. There are many instant gratification games out there on consoles, play them but leave my long term MMO games alone thank you. They are an investment into a world, not an achieve everything in two weeks deal.

You’re missing the whole point. You folks are talking like the dyes and collecting them IS the game. It’s one single feature of a huge game with multiple options for what you’d like to be doing.

I don’t personally find amusement in collecting a palette of dyes that are in most any game (Many MMO’s give you a dye palette during creation, the difference in this game is that you can dye ‘on the fly’.) or being required to use my in-game currency or real life cash to purchase more storage to hold all of them because the system was poorly thought out.

I find enjoyment by running multiple characters at once and crafting and building up all of them at around the same level instead of rushing to end-game content.

If I ever make it to end-game without actually burning out, then I’ve seen the sights and sounds from numerous viewpoints and have a working knowledge of how many of the classes/professions/what-have-you work so as to know how they can function better together. (I played LOTRO for a paid year and did all of the crafting guilds at once, I burnt out 9 months in and only got to late 30’s on one character…but I enjoyed every minute of that process.)

Quit lumping us all into the same mold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

With around 400 colours of dye, and the (from what I’ve experienced) abysmal drop rate of the unidentified dyes, AND the chance of getting duplicates, dyes need to be account bound. It’s a royal pain in thekitten since I have 3 main characters I play, to have to decide who gets what dye, and like MilitiaMasterV, I tend to level multiple characters evenly instead of focusing on just one, so this character bound dye system is irritating as hell. If there were maybe half the number of colours, and duplicates weren’t a factor, I wouldn’t complain.

But there are 400 dyes! Duplicates are a factor, and the more you collect the more this becomes a problem, it’s just shameless greed that Anet is keeping dyes account bound, so that people have to shell out cash if they ever want to have full dye sets for more than one character.

in Suggestions

Navi.7142

Hmm, what leads to the point that maybe IF they would be account bound I would consider to buy these special dyes – which I think I would absolutely need to be happy with – for all my characters, but I would never buy any dye for cash, when it’s only for one character..
But wait.. they could offer account bound dyes, too.. so if you want to have black on all your characters you just spend $10 for the black dye and get it account bound.. that would be considerable, even I would also have to neglect the fact that they “lied” on us.. grr..

in Suggestions

Posted by: TesX.2735

TesX.2735

Yes, please…
Make it account-bound…

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

I didn’t ‘disregard’ the effect on the in-game economy.

I didn’t say you did. It was implied in the post I responded to, and I asked if that impression was correct.

I addressed it in quite a few posts.

I was responding to the one post directed at me, in which it was not addressed. I don’t follow your posting history.

Just because you believe making the dyes account bound is going to crash the economy, doesn’t mean it will.

At no point have I claimed that to be my belief. I’ve stated it’d have an adverse effect, and it would. It’s not a matter of belief, it’s a matter of a significant decrease in demand. If dyes became account-bound, that would obviously be the result. Ergo, it would have a negative impact on the in-game economy. As dyes are one of the few things that seem to have any actual value right now, that impact would be broadly felt. There are plenty examples of glut in the current market, and I’d rather not see dyes added to that pile.

You’re assuming I don’t use the market.

I made no assumption one way or the other. I was pointing out that the impact would be felt even if you don’t use it.

I’m one of the people who plays auction houses in games.

Then you should know the current situation here is not a good one. There’s little to no equilibrium.

It seems that a modest amount of the people who post in support of character bound are stuck on the fact that it makes them (Anet) real money to keep producing content, and then there’s multiple people who keep saying they’d never pay for the dyes in their current state.

Are you missing the disconnect here?

No, the disconnect I see is your misapplication of that argument to me. Again, the real money aspect has nothing to do with my point. And I’ll reiterate: I personally won’t pay real money for items that can be obtained in-game, whether they’re dyes or anything else. So clearly I’m not one of this “modest” number you’re referring to (for the record, this entire thread, yay or nay, is statistically insignificant). I actually don’t expect dye packs to be a big real money item. I do expect them to continue to be a heavily traded item in the strict context of the game. That’s what I’m concerned about damaging.

People are completely capable of buying and selling dyes and other items without ever bothering with gems. That tier of the market is another matter entirely and doesn’t factor into what I’m citing here as an issue.

Long and short of it, if you want to counter a specific argument, you should probably address someone who’s actually making that argument.

Also, underneath all of this is a clash of design philosophies. On the one side, there is the camp that believes that players should have as much access and control over their character’s appearance as can be accommodated. The other side—the more traditional one—restricts that access and control, making it something that has to be earned or bought in degrees.

As it happens, I’m firmly in the former camp. But ANet clearly isn’t, and I recognized that when I started playing. Character-bound dyes are in keeping with their overall approach to this element. So, if we consent to all of these other restrictions and conditions on physical appearance, armor, clothing and weapons… why are dyes, of all things, the big deal-breaker?

Do you see the disconnect here?

If we had the ability to store wardrobes, multiple ensembles, change hairstyles or makeup; if we had visible accessories beyond weapons and if weapons were affected by dye… if we had all of that, then account-bound dyes would make perfect sense to me.

But we don’t have any of that. So why is the idea of character-bound dye so offensive? This game’s been out for only a few weeks and I already have a decent selection of dyes on all five of my characters. Probably more than I’ll ever use, because we are otherwise so cosmetically restricted.

Honestly, I still don’t see what the fuss is about. Can you supply an adequate explanation? ‘Cuz, frankly, I haven’t seen one yet.

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

Re: Duplicate Dyes

1. Sell your duplicates.
2. Collect the profit.
3. Buy the specific dye you want.

This is what’s intended. The Trading House is part of, and factored into, the overall design of the game. Duplicates are good, because they promote sharing and trade.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

No!

You’re missing the whole point. You folks are talking like the dyes and collecting them IS the game. It’s one single feature of a huge game with multiple options for what you’d like to be doing.

I don’t personally find amusement in collecting a palette of dyes that are in most any game (Many MMO’s give you a dye palette during creation, the difference in this game is that you can dye ‘on the fly’.) or being required to use my in-game currency or real life cash to purchase more storage to hold all of them because the system was poorly thought out.

I find enjoyment by running multiple characters at once and crafting and building up all of them at around the same level instead of rushing to end-game content.

If I ever make it to end-game without actually burning out, then I’ve seen the sights and sounds from numerous viewpoints and have a working knowledge of how many of the classes/professions/what-have-you work so as to know how they can function better together. (I played LOTRO for a paid year and did all of the crafting guilds at once, I burnt out 9 months in and only got to late 30’s on one character…but I enjoyed every minute of that process.)

Quit lumping us all into the same mold.

And I could say that you are missing the whole point. You are talking like the dyes and using them IS the game. It’s one single feature of a huge game with multiple options for what you’d like to be doing.

See what I changed there?

At the end of the day not being able to colour your pants wild blue or baby vomit ochre straight away isn’t exactly gamebreaking now it is?

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: staticstorm.2318

staticstorm.2318

yes please make them account wide i got a bank full of dyes to i decide which char looks best in the color, i would also like Karma and dungeon tokens account wide seems to go against what anet set up with the rest of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bobyd.4698

bobyd.4698

account bound dyes ftw

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

Long and short of it, if you want to counter a specific argument, you should probably address someone who’s actually making that argument.

You appear to just like to hear yourself talk without really saying much. I’m not going to argue with you over inane tidbits.

So, if we consent to all of these other restrictions and conditions on physical appearance, armor, clothing and weapons… why are dyes, of all things, the big deal-breaker?

Because of the sheer amount of them you can find and the limited storage that requires real life currency to expand.

So why is the idea of character-bound dye so offensive?

See above.

Honestly, I still don’t see what the fuss is about. Can you supply an adequate explanation? ‘Cuz, frankly, I haven’t seen one yet.

Your posts are pretty condescending. I don’t think I’m going to bother answering you anymore because you’re attempting to flame-bait.

At the end of the day not being able to colour your pants wild blue or baby vomit ochre straight away isn’t exactly gamebreaking now it is?

Being unable to play the game because you have to store so many dyes in a limited amount of space IS game-breaking.

They apparently addressed/acknowledged it long before they even launched the game, and then changed their minds somewhere along the way.

I’m simply asking them to revert to what they originally had planned : Account bound dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

I think the system works fine as it is. We all start with the same colors and as we all venture out into the world we obtain all different kind of dyes by either looting, crafting or purchasing. I get ANet when they say they want character bound dyes because it shows a characters progress.

I think we are lucky we can send dyes we find on our main to other ones via the bank or sell them on TP.

I have found many dyes, bought even more via the TP and then found some more colors which I had allready unlocked on my main. I send them to friends or alts, if friends are not online.

But I do like the idea that we can mark some colors as favourite which then become available on all characters. I am not sure if this is possible yet or not….I have to check.

Also I dont get people complaining about not wanting to spend real money/in game cash to buy all those dyes again when all they do is buying extra bag/bankspace to fill those up with dyes… weird.
If Anet ever will decide to make it accountbound I am sure all colors on all characters you have unlocked will become available. However its fine as it is in my humble opinion.

Perhaps they have stated before they will make dyes account bound but everyone is entitled to change opinions. And if people leave the game because of that I wish you good luck out there. I ll be in GW2 having fun with dyeing my clothes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

/signed

If they’re worried about removing another money sink, just add a small fee for players to re-dye their armor. I’m sure most players wouldn’t have much of a problem dealing with that compromise, especially if we can continue to play around with the dye window and preview our changes before finalizing it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zhead.2675

Zhead.2675

Dyes being charr bound isn’t that bad. What bothers me is dyes in sPvP. Many players are creating and deleting chars for sPvP for several reasons as:
- they dont have enough slots, etc
- They create 2 chars of the same prof so they can allways have the right build and equipment loaded (changing builds is a bit time consuming right now).

I would suggest that dyes could be account bound only for sPvP equip.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

/signed

having to get all the costly dyes on every single character makes me not even want to make an alt

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

/signed

If they’re worried about removing another money sink, just add a small fee for players to re-dye their armor. I’m sure most players wouldn’t have much of a problem dealing with that compromise, especially if we can continue to play around with the dye window and preview our changes before finalizing it.

NO NO NO-end of story.

During the headstart period I must have bought at least over $100 dollars worth of dye packs from the gem store thinking that those dyes would be account bound but to my surprise when I made first alt two weeks later NONE of the now 200+ Dyes I had bought were usable for my alt’s….. This needs to be changed as I bought Guild Wars 2 for many including the ability to buy and use dyes on ANY of my characters with out having to re-buy the same dye again. If dyes are character bound why not bank accounts???
I am all for Account bound dyes!

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

So, if we consent to all of these other restrictions and conditions on physical appearance, armor, clothing and weapons… why are dyes, of all things, the big deal-breaker?

Because of the sheer amount of them you can find and the limited storage that requires real life currency to expand.

I don’t think you’re expected to store them. You’re expected to use them, sell them or share them. This storage difficulty is something you’ve brought upon yourself. It’s not required.

While I do think there are items contrived to stuff your storage, I don’t think dyes are one of them.

Your posts are pretty condescending. I don’t think I’m going to bother answering you anymore because you’re attempting to flame-bait.

Oh, brother.

A good example of “flame-bait” would be this:

“You appear to just like to hear yourself talk without really saying much.”

It wasn’t me who said that. You might also want to go back and read your initial response to me.

You can think what you want of my posts, but I didn’t insult you in them, did I?

Being unable to play the game because you have to store so many dyes in a limited amount of space IS game-breaking.

You do not have to store them.

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

If we’re to have account-bound dyes, why can’t we also…

• Collect armor skins and also have them be account-bound?
  • Collect weapon skins and also have them be account-bound?
  • Collect clothing skins and also have them be account bound?

Actually, why should we need to collect dyes at all? Wouldn’t it be easier for everyone if we were simply given the whole palette right at character creation?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tharium.7325

Tharium.7325

I’m in exactly the same boat as you, storing all these dyes because I don’t want to decide which character to dedicate them to, this is especially true of some of the rare colours. I also think that making dyes account bound would add value to many of the not so popular dyes because that would mean instead of having to buy that colour eight times I would only need to once and collecting all dyes becomes something more achievable and much more appealing to work towards. I would personally rather account bound with a lower drop rate. This change would certainly make them more money from the gem store too which seems to be their main concern with dyes.

in Suggestions

MilitiaMasterV.7216

I would personally rather account bound with a lower drop rate.

I agree. I’d rather be able to use the dyes than have them sit in storage and make me want to quit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

also agree. I thought it was suppose to be this way originally.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riel.4850

Riel.4850

Well just a suggestion. Making dyes acquired account bound instead of per character. What do you guys think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aristar.4095

Aristar.4095

Is this seriously not account-bound? I never checked but always assumed. WTF!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Alot of threads about this, and i really hope they will make it accountbound since i havent seen a single guy who wanted to keep character bound dyes… its not an addition to the game to have to cllect all dyes 5+ times… its a reason to quit the game Arenanet…..

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Dyes not account bound a reason to quit the game? ok … that’s going a bit far.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plinius.5709

Plinius.5709

i hope they make dyes accountwide…
it took so much time for me to find so so many different colors for one character

would be a shame not be able to use them with alts