Engineer suggestions

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

- Remove kits and turn them into weapons.
Reason: Handling of those kits can be annoying. Lets assume you want to play with grenades all the time. If you are downed you loose the kits function. If you pick something up you loose the kits function. And sometimes you loose the kits function automatically. Or let us stay in our kits.
It would be great if you could switch from rifle to grenade. Wouldn’t it?

- Weapons should be buffed for 10%-20% damage.
All weapons are weak. You are rather forced to use kits.

- Evading with grenades is rather difficult so you may add some evade utility skills in exchange of the kits.

- Targeting with grenades can be difficult so an auto attack on skill 1 would be appreciated. Maybe you should change the skill to something like the ranger bow skill 1. So you don’t have to use ground targeting for that skill. Or an auto ground targeting system if a foe is selected.

- Remove kits backpacks.
If I select hide the normal backpack the kits backpack should also be removed. So kits backpack and and the normal armor backpack could be tied together.

(edited by raubvogel.5071)

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

@raubvogel:
You can turn on “fast-cast AoE targeting” in your options menu. It will not give you an auto-attack on grenade skills, but selecting the skill will automatically cast it centered on your mouse cursor.

I also have some of my own suggestions to add to this wish list:

- All kits change into an “unequip this kit” button when activated. Except Med Kit. Please bring Med Kit back in line with all other kits.

- Engineers have VERY limited weapon options, and weapon kits and toobelt skills only partially compensate for that. Compare with the Elementalist, who has MORE weapon choices, and MORE weapon skills due to attunements. While the Engineer can compensate for the attunement bonus with kits and toolbelt skills, the number of regular weapon skills is still very low.
I would suggest the addition of one more mainhand-only weapon: the mace (because it still fits with the overall mechanic theme of the profession). This would give Engineers a number of weapon combinations equal to that of the elementalist, and create some more variety in engineers with no weapon kit equipped.

In effect, the combination would go up from:
Rifle
Pistol-Pistol
Pistol-Shield

to:
Rifle
Pistol-Pistol
Pistol-Shield
Mace-Pistol
Mace-Shield

This is nearly a doubling of possible weapon combinations, which would put the Engineer on par with the Elementalist, but still well below the Ranger, Guardian or Thief (who have no profession gimmick that gives them extra skillbars), and still nowhere near the Warrior (whose profession gimmick partly consists of his extremely wide weapon choice).

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

- Remove kits and turn them into weapons.
Reason: Handling of those kits can be annoying. Lets assume you want to play with grenades all the time. If you are downed you loose the kits function. If you pick something up you loose the kits function. And sometimes you loose the kits function automatically. Or let us stay in our kits.
It would be great if you could switch from rifle to grenade. Wouldn’t it?

- Weapons should be buffed for 10%-20% damage.
All weapons are weak. You are rather forced to use kits.

- Evading with grenades is rather difficult so you may add some evade utility skills in exchange of the kits.

- Targeting with grenades can be difficult so an auto attack on skill 1 would be appreciated. Maybe you should change the skill to something like the ranger bow skill 1. So you don’t have to use ground targeting for that skill. Or an auto ground targeting system if a foe is selected.

- Remove kits backpacks.
If I select hide the normal backpack the kits backpack should also be removed. So kits backpack and and the normal armor backpack could be tied together.

going by each of your points

1. no
  2. no
  3. no
  4. no
  5. no

Don’t mean to sound harsh but this is actually L2P issue as everything you mentioned can be solved just by playing the game with enough skill and practice.

If something is too hard for you maybe you should change it? I am comfortable with level of difficulty engie has and don’t have a problem with any of the things you mentioned.

Sorry but you picked wrong class. You don’t like kits and backpacks is like saying you don’t like engie and want to play different class.

Engie is the way it is. Not your thing? Well, there are other classes! Those of us who love engie the way it is want it to stay that way.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Killy. I don’t think this is a L2P issue. My first character was an engineer and indeed you have no chance at all to do any decent damage. The grenades hit for about 300-500 each, making for 1500, but with a moving target you often miss them.
So for that: I would really like a auto-attack ability that directs it’s attacks on the target, without needing to point to a certain spot with mouse cursor. Instead make it like grenades are underwater. Also we don’t seem to have any decent burst damage. Bomb hits 5k… compared to the easily 15k backstab of a thief, that’s just wasted.

So what does engineer have: rifle (no burst abilities at all, leap sometimes doesn’t even hit and there’s delay on the landing, making it unable to hit moving targets again).
It would be cool to have decreased damage if you had higher survivability instead, but no that isn’t the case again. As an adventurer the engineer has as much survivability as a thief, with about a quarter the thief’s damage output (4k-5k per hit with sword, compared with 1k-1,5k per hit with rifle).

Also: I’d like to add: I’ve played the thief to level 80 (with exotics) and it’s so much easier to handle, likewise for the warrior. Engineer needs some serious powering-up.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

So what do I think should be done:
- Grenades: autotargetting and directing attacks to target without needing to area-target.
- Weapons: damage should be better (15% seems reasonable).
- New weapons (Mace? Hammer?): more burst abilities please.

If you want people to play engineer, please make these changes. Else most will just stick to the other classes, cause they have better surviving AND better damage.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

@raubvogel:
You can turn on “fast-cast AoE targeting” in your options menu. It will not give you an auto-attack on grenade skills, but selecting the skill will automatically cast it centered on your mouse cursor.

I already turned that one but it’s still difficult since you can’t change the mouse cursor color into pink. If you play with others its difficult to see the cursor. And it’s also annoying smashing button 1. With an auto attack evading would also be easier. And every other profession has that auto attack!

Sorry but you picked wrong class. You don’t like kits and backpacks is like saying you don’t like engie and want to play different class.

No the profession is right. And the realization of that class can be optimized. I’m not saying do it my way. Paving and optimizing the way a class is, is up to the developers. You should read where you post your things. This sub-forum is called suggestions not engineer.

But I’m open for a discussion so you better bring reasons.

The grenades hit for about 300-500 each, making for 1500, but with a moving target you often miss them.
So for that: I would really like a auto-attack ability that directs it’s attacks on the target, without needing to point to a certain spot with mouse cursor. Instead make it like grenades are underwater. Also we don’t seem to have any decent burst damage. Bomb hits 5k… compared to the easily 15k backstab of a thief, that’s just wasted.

So what does engineer have: rifle (no burst abilities at all, leap sometimes doesn’t even hit and there’s delay on the landing, making it unable to hit moving targets again).
It would be cool to have decreased damage if you had higher survivability instead, but no that isn’t the case again. As an adventurer the engineer has as much survivability as a thief, with about a quarter the thief’s damage output (4k-5k per hit with sword, compared with 1k-1,5k per hit with rifle).

Also: I’d like to add: I’ve played the thief to level 80 (with exotics) and it’s so much easier to handle, likewise for the warrior. Engineer needs some serious powering-up.

I’m with you. The idea “do it like in the water” is great. And yeah grenades with a slight buff maybe +10% would be cool.

- Off hand pistol: I don’t like the skills at all. Maybe their should be something like the thiefs unload so we have a burst damage on that one.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Yep: thief has unload on dual pistols, warrior has volley on rifle… why don’t engineers have sequence attacks?

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

Another idea (since you came up with the ele): What if we put kits on F1 – F5? So if you want to activate grenades you press F1, flamethrower on F2…

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

My ideas on the rifle:
- Net Shot
Add bleeding damage

- Blunderbuss
Change range to 1000. Add damage and remove the distance discrimination.

- Overcharged Shot
remove "you fall backward and cures immobilized, crippled, and chilled. "

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Sirendor.1394

Mhm, those would be some worthy changes, but I would kill for a damage build-up.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

- Elixir:

Tossing elixir under water (e. g. F1). Well if you have the luck you might get that elixir. I would suggest to change from toss to drink. I would prefer drink in general on all elixir.

I don’t like the randomness of elixir as well. Elixir O(ffensive) -> Might, Fury, Elixir D(efensive) -> Protection, Regen.

One more defenisve Elixir would be great.

- New weapon kit: Minelayer
Just like bombs except they function like the necromancers marks

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Can I just have a stylish utility belt instead of those back packs????
TY… happiness x 5 for that alone!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Everyone focuses on Grenades, what about the other kits needing an insane amount of fixes…

Elixir gun needs Dps improvements skills looked at heals improved (more AoEs)
Flamethrower needs the missing to be fixed range increased and damage to be more in line with other classes…
Bomb kit needs to be Bigger Aoes more knockback and longer CC skills damage increased…
Medi kit needs Cooldowns lowered and the heals raised..
Thumper turret not sure what could be done with this add a stealth removal maybe..
I like the Grenade kit auto attack idea OP we need that..

Rifle range and skills needs to be on Par with warrior Rifle Pistols need to be on par with thief and mesmer pistols…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

The funny thing on the auto attack on grenades is, it is already in the game. But only under water. And it is much more fun. Its time for some diving.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

Make grenade barrage as great as the other grenade skills under water. Currently its a waste.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: ketchup.2783

ketchup.2783

my engineer keeps dying in dungeons. make them into heavy armor users instead of the medium armor.

btw, those videos with engineers in dungeons must be fake.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

Since curing a condition is really a problem for me i suggest to add cure a condition to the heal skill “elixir h”

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Since curing a condition is really a problem for me i suggest to add cure a condition to the heal skill “elixir h”

That’s a trait. “Cleansing Formula 409.”

Throwing or consuming elixirs removes conditions from those affected.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I would like the offhand pistol glue shot to be exchanged for a burst dual-pistols shot similar to the Thief. Maybe boost pistol damage a slight amount.

The Talents are what really need fixed. Some of our 30 Talents are equal to other classes 10 or 20 Talents.

That’s about it.

Engineer suggestions

in Suggestions

raubvogel.5071

That’s a trait. “Cleansing Formula 409.”

Throwing or consuming elixirs removes conditions from those affected.

Yeah thanks. Seems like a must have trait.

But i would appreciate if “H” would cure at least one condition.