Fractals a Brief Critque.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Dear Devs,
Ran my first and likely last Fractal tonight, it was so not exciting.

It was not sooo wonderful to pick up a piece of Lycan and swim 10 feet to pick up another piece of glowing lycan and swim 10 more. so as not to be devoured by hundreds of little Pirahna mobs I cannot fight.. really hated it..

And the long string of Jumping Puzzles hated them.

We are at the end of the day, Warriors, Battle Mages, Rangers and Thieves I guess; but overall fighting professions. We meet the world with cold steel drawn.

You seem to have all but forgot about fighting to turn the game into a round of the British TV show Matermind. I absolutely hated it.

Now I know a good many people love them, thats great and I would not deny them their corner of the game, but I do want to say in the one forum you might read.. some of us log on to battle the Uglies. And I absolutely hated this part of your game. TY C.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

(edited by Claudia De Anar.6304)

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There’s also combat mechanics in that dungeon. Weird you missed all of them.

However, these puzzle mechanics are what makes the dungeon unique by not catering exclusively to dps but also requiring a bit of intellect to complete it. You’re probably too smart for this game if you found it boring.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Claudia De Anar.6304

No I did not find it boring, I find it uttely frustrating. Im a technical professional and I log in for a little mindless fun; and as I said I would not deny you the exercise in problem solving. I’m only saying to the Dev’s for me no. fits like a left shoe on my right foot. But ty for repling anyway.

But as to the the combats, it was such a small percentage of the time and effort, no it was negligable from my point of view and even their it had to be turned into a puzzle; pull the Jelly into the cages, nothing like a straight up fight. No does not count not for me. If all the Dev’s get are “Oh that so wonderful” feedback they will think that, Im only trying to provide a balancing point of view.

Really. we can agree to disagree politely. C.

(edited by Claudia De Anar.6304)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Wait, which fractal has a long string of jumping puzzles?

in Suggestions

Claudia De Anar.6304

It was some sort of sky scape, hardly matter me and a guildie took turns rezing each other over and over and over again.. so much fun. I expect given your Sig you breezed through it without a hitch and due props on that. C.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It was some sort of sky scape, hardly matter me and a guildie took turns rezing each other over and over and over again.. so much fun. I expect given your Sig you breezed through it without a hitch and due props on that. C.

I’ve only started on fractals and haven’t seen all the different paths yet.
But yes, if there was a path out there that I haven’t seen that has a jumping puzzle, that would make me happy.

GW2 is full of opportunities for mindless slaying up to full-on zerg in PvE and WvW; I’m happy that other parts of the game give us more things to do, beyond fighting…

in Suggestions

Claudia De Anar.6304

CU in WvW then when you feel like a bit of mindless Zerging. Due props again. C.

btw.. that just a great name. Ta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

There’s one general point Claudia makes that I strongly agree with: difficulty by environment isn’t “good” difficulty. It does make it harder and it’s a LOT nicer to see devs taking that route over the more traditional angle of “more HP, MORE!” until fights take 30m.

The problem with adding “fight the environment” while “fighting the boss” to increase difficulty is that it greatly reduces the nice feel of teamwork you can get when the boss itself is the source of difficulty. Instead, it feels like you have five people solo’ing together and it can lead to various ad hominem attacks within the party when someone is having a hard time with a new dungeon: there’s obviously nothing the party can do to help a player dodge. So, when one is missed, it’s only the player’s fault, not the team’s.

Success and failure that was far more dependent on team skill than individual skill would greatly enhance gameplay in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Fractals of the mists is a dungeon where puzzles, jumping and fighting.
You seem to be unlucky to have gotten those where there’s hardly any fighting.

Swampland Fractal – *Puzzling
Urban Battlegrounds Fractal – *Fighting
Aquatic Ruins Fractal – Fighting – *Puzzling
Uncategorized – Fighting – *Jumping – *Puzzling
Underground Facility Fractal – *Fighting – *Puzzling
Cliffside Fractal – *Fighintg – Puzzling – Jumping
Solid Ocean Fractal – Fighting- *Jumping
Volcanic Fractal – *Fighting – Puzzling – Jumping
Snowblind Fractal – *Fighting – Puzzling

• marks main attribute

Just give it a few tries maybe you get a combination of fractals you actually like?

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: WitM.2308

WitM.2308

This was a stupid critique.

I don’t like the way content X plays therefore it is bad. Lots of people don’t like PvE, doesn’t make it bad. Lots of people don’t like sPvP, which doesn’t make that bad. Lots of people don’t like WvW, or dungeons or jumping puzzles. Not liking something does not make it bad.

In fact, fractals are one of the neatest things I’ve seen in the game narratively and mechanically. Narratively they fit the same niche as a short story or vignette and are really cool. Mechanically they challenge you as a team (at least initially and at higher levels) and require you to be competent at multiple aspects of the game. This is a good thing. If all you want to do is kill stuff, there are tons of places for you to go. Some people need different challenges, and it’s nice that the game provides for that.

in Suggestions

Claudia De Anar.6304

Oh well maybe it was a ‘stupid’ Critque, I guess I was expecting something alot closer to Shards of Orr or Sorrows furnace in terms of the balance of fighting and problem solving.

My point was in terms of Balance, not in terms of just I dont like this there for its bad. C.