So GW2 has been out for over a year and there are a lot of suggestions to improve the game. A lot of the posts here on the Suggestion forum is the same things. So I am going to compile a list of the most asked for changes that I have seen.
This is an RPG that means players want to role play their characters. As it stands right now there are limited options for character appearances. The more personalization you have with your character the more you will enjoy playing them.
- More body types- example: a few fat options. Not everybody wants to be a model.
- More Hair options- this includes facial hair. Bearded Ladies!?
- More Faces/face modifications- ugly them up a bit! big noses, warts, scars, etc
Again this is more personalization options. more than 5 options would be great.
There are many types of weapons that exist that are not ingame. adding more options will diversify the game and allow for more customization.
Pole Axe/ Halberd……….Parasol
Great Mace…………………Fist Weapons- claws, brass nuckles
Double Bladed Sword……..Flail
There are many armor types in the game already but more is always better! While not necessarily a ‘type’ of armor, different skins for each type would be nice. Example: scale armor looks the same no matter what race is wearing it. Why would a charr and an asura wear identical armor? Would be nice if each race had its own appearance for armor types. And some female armor is pretty skimpy/not skimpy enough!
- Skin Options:
- Have 2 different armor skin types to choose from (one that covers more, and another that reveals more)
- Clean and grungy version, example is the CM dungeon armor, vendor is shiny while players is grungy. I would like the shiny version!
- Basic armor types appear different depending on race that’s wearing it. Example: charr scale armor would be very hacked together looking, while Asura scale would be squares, and Sylvari scale would look like leaves.
Many players have completed the map exploration and would like new areas to explore.
- Underground maps
- Crystal Desert
More customization (see a theme here?) More than 8 classes would be nice. Although I personally don’t think his is necessary right now, I would like more options in the future. Another Heavy class would be nice.
- Dark Knight type
Everyone wants more dragons! They are what brought most of us into the game in the first place. Killing Zhaitan was so anticlimactic that I hope we get another shot at him. There is so much lore about the dragons and it feels like nothing is happening with them. They are the main threat to Tyria we should be actively searching for ways to defeat them!
- Bring back Zhaitan for one final battle!
- Introduce Jormag, Primordus, or Kralkatorrik as the next challenge to overcome.
The current ‘living world’ doesn’t feel very alive. The 2 week release schedule is nice, but I think feels a bit rushed, and the content usually disappears after those 2 weeks. We want Permanent Content
- Each map has its own main ‘bad guy’ and they will take over the entire zone if players do not fight them off. Example: The centaurs will take over all of Gendarran Fields, killing the NPCs and contesting every WP so you must travel from another map to get there.
- Achievements are based on taking back/defending forts and POI instead of just grinding out kills.
Would be cool to ride something around to add yet more customization! Fighting wile mounted would add a whole new dynamic to the game.
- Faster Travel only?
- Combat abilities? Equip as an Offhand weapon, whole new weapon set, or added skill bar for mount abilities.
- Flying mounts- would need special maps
- No mounts in PvP or WvW.
- Race Specific
- Class Specific
Guild Halls- ANet has said this is planned
GvG- tournaments and such between guild would be nice
Guild Alliances- Having a larger pool to get help from would also be nice
Change Race/Order- I think you should NOT be able to chance race. if you don’t like the race you picked, delete them and make another. Changing the Order you chose would be helpful.
Go back and read it all.
Gate of Madness
(edited by raseloc.6932)