Future legendary weapons & RNG

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxx.8125

Zaxx.8125

First of all, I’m not flaming in any way about the Legendary weapons, just posting my suggestion that concerns them…

So I already have my legendary weapon on my elementalist. I remember one of the dev’s stated somewhere that legendary weapons are there to show how good and skillfull the player who’s able to get one is. But actually, legendary weapons only show how rich we are ( or were ) and how many looong days we spent on farming the same events/spots over and over again. I didnt mind to farm/grind for my legendary, but I really feel like the future legendary weapons should be more based on your regular gameplay and your skill, rather than on the amount of gold you have ( make us do a super hard and extremely long “quest” to be able to get that precursor ), cuz let’s be honest, not everyone enjoys or is able to play with the Action House, most people prefer playing the GAME. Then I find that the RNG factor in GW2 is pushed a little bit too far. I’m not only speaking about precursors here, I’m going in general here. I spent 1000+ hours in the game, and in total I saw something like 3 exotic world drops and the price there fore never exceeded 4 gold, I have a friend that started playing like 3 weeks ago and is lvl 80 like for a little bit more than 1 week now, he dropped Dawn AND The Legend, got 2 endless “things” in the Christmas chests and got 2x Abyss dye already… I mean, yeah luck is good, but I sometimes feel like the game is almost entirely dependend on your luck and you being loved by the RNG-gods…

So my final point: I absolutely love this game but my bad luck is often ruining all stuff, please A-net, make the game less dependent on luck, and more on player’s skill/gameplay.

And on a personal note concerning future legendary weapons: MORE stuff like Twilight/Sunrise/Juggernaut and LESS stuff like MyLittlePoney bows and DiscoBall maces please :’)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

i agree 100% with everything in this post

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I’d suggest for part of the legendary (the precursor perhaps) to actually have to be built rather than dropped. something like mystic forge recipe. 4 250 stacks of some material that are only optainable as a reward from hard dungeon(s). Only 1 reward per (let’s say 1 of each mats) day, account bound and the account can only get the daily reward, not characters.

Then it’d take at least 250 days, you had to work for it yourself, and no wallet or RNG involved (at least in this part).

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d love for Legendaries to be a story-driven task, personally. I mean, what make them legendary to begin with? What’s their history?

As for aesthetics, I’m personally aiming for The Dreamer on my Thief, just so I can yell ”TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHER******!” and laugh manically.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.