GW1 Fractals

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

How about a set of fractals based directly on GW1 stuff? Shouldn’t be a whole lot but just a few to experience GW1 with GW2 mechanics.
Merely examples:
- Cantha: Zen Dajjun. miasma mechanic, two paths, master < 20 minutes
- Tyria: Dreadnaught’s Drift boss fractal to kill Maw the Mountain Heart.
- Elona: Moddok Crevice: Skilled bonus stuff allows for speedclear mechanic.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I wouldn’t mind seeing THK as a fractal.

Amazing how the majority of Guild Wars missions had an open air zone to them, while Guild Wars 2 dungeons seem to be in highly enclosed areas. Guess some variety in both styles would be a plus for me.

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

EoE lfg FoWsc. In some places they did well with lore, but I wholeheartedly support this. Especially, Cantha fotm. Except for Tyria, I would rather see us killing the Mursaat or Prince Rurik again.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Yes to Thunderhead Keep! And of course the Abaddon’s Mouth mission.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

It would be awesome to see this implemented.
- While we’re at it, why not add some armor skins from GW1 that would drop in these dungeons?

It would be an awesome way to let new players in the GW universe play through some key events of the series and it also has some nostalgia value to old GW1 veterans.
- I played through all three campaigns and EotN myself, and I’d love to see how these places from GW1 would look and play out in the GW2 game engine.

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I totally agree – Fractals of the Mists are the best opportunity to recreate missions from GW1 in a refreshed style, graphics and dynamics. It also brings memories….

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Just to be clear, this shouldn’t be a slippery slope to rebuild the entire GW1 into GW2. That’s pointless. But a few direct copy areas would be very interesting for comparison’s sake.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

GW1 Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

Just to be clear, this shouldn’t be a slippery slope to rebuild the entire GW1 into GW2. That’s pointless. But a few direct copy areas would be very interesting for comparison’s sake.

Just some key events, I think. Putting in some story, and giving us some information as to what has happened in the 250 years between GW1 and 2.