GW2 Flatline____

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: shadowisp.5460

shadowisp.5460

Going from 8+ hrs a day game play to maybe 4 hrs per week. I see less an less people when I do login. From my point of view this is the reason why.

1. after a player caps out many of the different class whats left? You say dungeon’s map completion, PvP, WvW heres the facts. Dungeon’s are not solo content so when fewer then 5 people no longer play you as a player are pretty much hosed. The fact the grouping systems is poor at best. You spend hrs in Lion’s Arch just trying to get a group togather. As for WvW the server numbers are not balanced an won’t be as more an more ppl get tired of waiting an leave the game. That leaves map completion great on the first time tho but no fun on 2nd an 3rd toons.
2. New content holiday events.. Really checked it out for a few hrs then logged off.. why becouse no efforts worth the rewards given.. I need how many Items to craft that neat looking weapon skin?? Oh that much.. let me do the math.. yep 4 days grinding another 2g to buy the other matz.. = no thx.
3. Real simple fix the market, perma ban the bot’s, do live events on every server even post time on the forum when such events will take place. Do random events such as traveling merchents, giant troll roaming the lands,small dragons outside starting city, air ships landing at outpost.. ect

GW2 one of the best games to come along for quit a while but to little to late the life blood of it is draining away. I’ll keep checking back in for any signs of life, I hope Anet hears my voice an try’s to revive this game.

If it were up to me.. Post on game startup an e-mails new game plan get ahead of the downward spirel there a lot of die hard fan’s/players that will get behind yah if you just take the steps. Lighten up on the loot tables an balance them.. a champion boss should Always drop Yellow items not this green an blue an even white at times.. Really 1 white item off a champion??? Make storyline dungeon easy mode.. Its storyline for crying out loud.. every storyline dungeon has in it 1 boss mob so hard its just luck if you get pass him after 4 or 5 deaths. Get the live dev’s into roll playing some boss mobs interacting with the players.. To where players tell there friends.. “Youll never guess what happen to me today out side of X starter city” an last of all take out the hidden tax on the market an lower it to where you can craft items an make some coins. as it set 15% tax is just stupid.
Anyways just my 2cents worth Iam sure there will be ppl flaming me an telling me to go back to WoW for the record I’ve not had a WoW account for many many years but at lest there market place function. I would perfer to see GW2 fix there issues an if not I dont figure I’ll spend any more hard earned cash eather buying gems or exspantion packs.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

For me personaly, I feel I have reach a plateu that, with my life restraints, I cannot overcome, so my interest is dwindling.
I want to go after the legendary weapon, but it is too …MUCH.
I want to build my gold hoard…but I don’t have hours and hours and hours to spend farming for piddly, barely worth it rewards…
It is waning, I dont want it to, but it is. I have loved this game so far, I still cant wait to explore the areas of the map that are still covered, and when they bring them in, I will love every second of it.
However things in this game are just too far out of my personal reach and it is making me lose interest in the farming/chasing legendaries aspect, so why bother logging in on a daily basis when everything is out of my reach?

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Komuflage.2307

Komuflage.2307

Just about the market, the reason you’re not earning money from crafting is not because the 15% tax (Which work as a really good gold sink) if the 15%tax was not there, the prices would drop, so you still wouldn’t earn any money.

Lets take an example, you craft a item and it cost you 80S to craft it, you sell it on TP for 1G and you get 85S out of it, since there is a 15%tax.

If that tax would be removed, that items worth would drop to 85S.

So you would still only earn 5S from the item. However people who buy it would only have to spend 85S instead of 1G.

Secondly if the tax was not there, one of the games biggest Gold Sinks would be lost, meaning that in the long run people would have more and more money, and the prices would go up sky high. Items would still be worth the same, but prices would be much higher.

Look at Germany’s economy after WW2, loads of money was printed > Easier to get money > Prices went up sky high, but the worth of the items was the “same”

Simply the more money in circulation, the higher the prices, new players wouldn’t stand a chance against such an economy. Look at pre-searing farmers in GW1, they had loads of money since there was no good gold sink in pre searing.

Or look at how wow is today. 100G is nothing in that game any more.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Honestly this is like the folks who rushed through Skyrim’s bulk of content and then complained there wasn’t enough to do. >_>

Chances are good that if you’re already saying “there’s nothing to do”, then you were one of those folks who bashed your way through the content as quickly as possible. In which case yes, there will be nothing to do, because you’ve effectively farmed your way through all of it instead of taking the time to enjoy it. Whereas if you had taken it slowly, you’d still have plenty to do. I’m on my 520th hour right now and am nowhere near having a full five-man-roster of Lvl 80 characters. Why? Because I’m taking my time and enjoying the content, not rushing forward with the singular mentality of “get to Lvl 80 as fast as possible”.

So yeah, that complaint is right out.

That said, the market place complaints are fair enough. There needs to be more done about the botting situation. More than just asking us to report them and wait it out, that is.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

story modes ARE easy mode. they still have to be challenging enough to be interesting and worth playing.

im fine with the trading post as it is and crafting should have its difficulties. however too much difficulties in attaining things is an issue that needs to be addressed.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

GW2 does not aim to be filled with people that plays 8 hours a day.

If they wanted that, they would have went gear threadmill like WoW or Diablo III.

There’s better gear to get, but it’s more about dedication and taste than about requirement. So everyone does things at their own pace.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: exaltedwarlock.4651

exaltedwarlock.4651

This is not WOW.
WOW has primarily END GAME as it’s focus, with leveling just a boring repetitious grind to get to level cap THEN the game actually STARTS.

GW2 is so awesome (imo) because leveling is FUN and you can do so much fun social stuff with others before you get to the cap —- and remember, they’re announcing monthly events (like halloween, and now the november announcement) and there will be rapidly released expansions coming out all the time, raising the level cap and introducing new content (and I bet races & classes and such),

so new content will be fast and fun and a lot of it already is – so i think part of your
discontent is comparing it to WOW’s endgame raids and all that; this is not WOW,
it’s SO much better in ever way . if you like endgame raiding like wow, then play wow until the next gw2 xpac launches!

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

Also, I think it’s fair to say, if you only log in for 4 hours a week. Every server has their day/times when there’s not a lot of players on. Some servers have bigger proportions of people who play at certain times. This could be fixed by going to a higher populated server, so you have a better chance at having someone online at different times. I know there are times when if I go into a certain zone; noone’s there. If I go one or two more over, LOTS of people running between events together.

I agree with a previous poster that most of hte people complaining about a lack to do just brushed through the content too quickly. This game isn’t about being the first on server or world to do something. The only things here you get major call outs on your server for would be your gold star for map completion and the commander icon from wvw. But, on my server, we’ve had some people get commander icons who didn’t really work for them. They bought gems and exchanged for gold till they got it.

I have one level 80 and 4 other chars who are assorted levels under 20. I still have SO MUCH i haven’t done on 80. Like, I haven’t completed the map. You read that right. Hit level 80 without map completion or many dungeons done. I think the main thing people need for incentives is for karma rewards to scale more.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lysserd.4618

Lysserd.4618

What I’ve noticed is that GW2 has taken the same route as other devs in making their end-game PvP. That’s neat and all, but one look at other successful will point out that a lot of their players aren’t interested in PvP. Or at least not interested in it as a primary focus. You got bored because there is a lack of end-game in the PvE of GW2.

So you just got to lv80 in GW2. What do you do now? Map completion. Ok, got that, now what? Dungeons. Why? Gear. Why? Because … it’s shiny …? The fact that you can get all this neat looking gear is real cool, but in the end provides no real incentives to people interested in a PvE end-game.

Let’s take a look and the WoW PvE end-game a few years back. Why WoW? Because they had about 7 kagillion players and made a mountain of money doing it. As a test case for MMOs, and source of inspiration for new ideas, there isn’t one better. Essentially they had a group of end-game dungeons that you could interchangeably play. Like the ones in GW2, the only real incentive was gear looks for some of them. But then you have the real end-game, dungeons that chain into each other.

You play Dungeon A until you have enough good gear to to Dungeon B and so on. It’s been in almost every MMO, and that’s because it works. In game design you need constant and clear goals. Right now, when you hit 80, you don’t have them outside of hot-pants.

Before my throat gets jumped on because I dared to mention WoW, note that I said as a source of inspiration. Should ANet port in the WoW end-game system directly? Hell no. This community is different from WoW’s and always will be. But it’s a great starting point for ANet to look at, and turn into something better.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Komuflage.2307

Komuflage.2307

This is not WOW.
WOW has primarily END GAME as it’s focus, with leveling just a boring repetitious grind to get to level cap THEN the game actually STARTS.

GW2 is so awesome (imo) because leveling is FUN and you can do so much fun social stuff with others before you get to the cap —- and remember, they’re announcing monthly events (like halloween, and now the november announcement) and there will be rapidly released expansions coming out all the time, raising the level cap and introducing new content (and I bet races & classes and such),

so new content will be fast and fun and a lot of it already is – so i think part of your
discontent is comparing it to WOW’s endgame raids and all that; this is not WOW,
it’s SO much better in ever way . if you like endgame raiding like wow, then play wow until the next gw2 xpac launches!

Fanboy much? He never stated that this was WoW, or that he would like it to be more like WoW. GW1 has primarily End game as its focus, so how is it weird that people want the same thing for GW2? I’m one of those people who don’t really like the levelling part of GW2, I had fun with my first character journey to lvl80, and I took my time to enjoy the content, took me 135H to be exact, but I don’t want to do that again, I did level up a Guardian to 80, but I did not really enjoy it. It’s rather now that I’m lvl 80 with it and I can run dungeons with my friends and have a fully efficient character in WvW that I’m enjoying the game.
Same thing goes for GW1; first character to lvl 20, had a blast, after that I rushed all my other character since I did not really enjoy the levelling part after that and nor have I in any other MMO. The end game is important and in GW1 there was these titles/achievements that you had to spend hours and hours to get, these does not really exist in GW2, so ofc people search for other mean to enjoy the end game.

And as I stated, for me the end game is mostly dungeons, but of as right now there’s quite few of them for the time it takes to complete them, and I’m starting to get bored of running them over and over.

I do notice I went quite a bit of-topic and I apologize for that.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I’m on my 520th hour right now and am nowhere near having a full five-man-roster of Lvl 80 characters. Why? Because I’m taking my time and enjoying the content, not rushing forward with the singular mentality of “get to Lvl 80 as fast as possible”.

So yeah, that complaint is right out.

Well said, and ditto! Of course I am an Alt-a-holic and currently have 8 to level and gear out. It was weeks before I got level 80 and weeks again after that before I finished the story as I spent my time enjoying the game and experiencing lots of things.

So 4 days of play time is too much effort for you then? You are entitled to it all after one day? If that happened…. well, that is a waste of 60 bucks or whatever you paid. I played GW1 for seven years on/off and still played it up until GW2 release. I’m glad of the constant things to do and glad I was not finished with it in a week. Start learning to put effort in and work for things or stop playing.

That’s my 2 cents!

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

So far the game has lasted me 2 months. I’ve recently hit 80 and have almost fully pimped gear on a single character.

There’s a ton od stuff to do but I don’t think I’ll ever make another character…

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

And having only 1 character is completely fine, that’s how you choose to play, I have a guildie that refuses to make alts at all. Personally speaking I feel you guys are missing trying other characters out but each to their own, you will finish up things a lot faster than I sure will

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

And having only 1 character is completely fine, that’s how you choose to play, I have a guildie that refuses to make alts at all. Personally speaking I feel you guys are missing trying other characters out but each to their own, you will finish up things a lot faster than I sure will

I have to agree. Not only the differences between races is amazing, but the different styles of play is also very intriguing and worth a look at personally. Of course to each their own.

I’ve also decided something as well. I’d have different characters do different things, so my main 79 mesmer is all about exploring the world, completing the map and the story missions and all that. Another character would do everything in regards to crafting and dungeons. A third would be pvp oriented etc.etc.etc. It keeps things diverse and doesnt feel like a drag when i go through different characters, because each character has their own goal in the game, which i find has helped when playing the same character over an extended period of time weighs me down.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

And I like having my alts do everything Thankfully the PvP is seperated, new armor, all skills, level 80. My characters each have 2 crafting choices so I don’t have to keep paying for one character to switch between them all. I personally like having the choice, when guildies or friends are doing a dungeon I like to be able to offer them a choice of professions.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

You spent 8+ hours a day on a game, and then you expect the game to keep up with your level of activity? That’s a bit unfair, in my ever so humble opinion.

I’ve actually seen the opposite. People on my server seem to be getting much more active. I guess that’s the bonus of starting off with a smaller server.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

well, that is a waste of 60 bucks or whatever you paid. I played GW1 for seven years on/off and still played it up until GW2 release. I’m glad of the constant things to do and glad I was not finished with it in a week.

That brings to mind another thought as well. People complain about lack of content after playing for a month or two. However, if you compare your $60 game purchase to some console games you buy. Like, when you play an action adventure game; most people I know beat theirs in a week. Some if they super loved it will play it again, but a lot of people I know will go trade it in at gamestop for credit towards their next conquest.

so in one aspect of this, you’re actually getting a lot of bang for your buck if your game experience keeps you in a month to two months as opposed to taking a week to beat a game and never playing it again.

now some might argue that this is different since it’s a MMO genre. People expect to that their entertainment will just keep on going and giving. But, part of mmo’ing is heavily dependent on your own personal tastes and preferences in relation to your gaming habits.

I personally HATED and almost NEVER participated in raids or dungeon grinding in wow for my like 5 years of playing it. Coming to gw2, and I really don’t have to do that is a relief. However, i’m on the verge of being willing to do it to explore the game and enjoy the rest of the content. I’ll keep on taking my time to do that as I have getting my main to 80.

people play video games, mmo or otherwise, to have fun. if someone wants to play a certain way to have fun, so beit. and nothing is stopping anyone from playing wow or a likewise end game heavy game alongside their gw2 experience.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I saw that someone mentioned WoW’s economy… And I’ll say this: WoW’s economy is at the point where it doesn’t really matter how long you’ve been playing, once you reach level 80.

Dailies will give you several gold each, doing dungeons will give you gold (with diminishing rewards after like 5 per day) and tokens to obtain high-level gear.

In a less than two weeks of leisurely playing at level 80, you could have gear relevant to end-game and enough gold to buy pretty much whatever you need. The only thing left to grind for would be the current Tier gear (which would become easy to get after the next patch went live).

The issue with Guild Wars is that they seem to be trying to stabilize the economy by keeping everyone poor. Which really just ends up pissing people off.

Someone leisurely playing Guild Wars 2 will likely never get T3 cultural armor… Which is absurd when you consider that it’s ONLY RARE gear, not Exotic. Yeah, you can transmute it… but to do so, you need Fine Transmutation Stones which are extremely rare (unless you buy them from the gem store).

The reason no one does dungeons in GW2 is that the reward doesn’t correspond to the effort required. It’s easy enough to queue for a dungeon in WoW. Yeah, it’s a random team but by the level you start doing dungeons… People should know how to play the game.

If there’s a level 35 character in GW2 that doesn’t know how to play decently, I’d be very surprised.

The rewards from doing dungeons in GW2 are tokens specific to each dungeon. So you have to grind a particular dungeon (which makes it very monotonous, dull, and boring) to get what you want. And you have to hope that it’s a dungeon other people want to grind as well, or else you’ll be constantly searching for a group in Lion’s Arch.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rallar.2986

Rallar.2986

I believe alot of ppl in this situation have no interest in pvp and as such find themselves with little options on end game content. They obviously don’t like to farm and do alot of work (not saying everyone that plays should go nuts over farming).

They feel a severe lack of motivation to do stuff because either they stuff they can do takes way too much effort or it there is simply no incentive. If there was a clear incentive to do certain stuff I am sure they will want to get on everyday.

One unique solution to this in my opinion would be that once we hit level 80 instead of the primary story quest that has been completed we transition to a daily or weekly meta event participation. Where we will get rewarded extra for completing and taking part in a pre-determined meta event and get judged based on how many parts of the meta event we took part in.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kiazz.1625

Kiazz.1625

I think Arenanet should make Guild Wars 2 completely solo able and multiplayer able for all and every content available. First reason is that this will make Arenanet stand out as being a soloable MMO. I have a close friend who I convinced to play Guild Wars 2 at the start, but now is not wanting to play because of everything being difficult playing solo. And I am starting to see that factor myself. I have a good sense of team play where as he is used to solo content.

Second reason, to keep players playing regardless of his or her genre preference for gaming.

Third reason I could progress more areas without being overwhelmed by bad guys.

Arenanet, I know you are still working on making the game dynamic in difficulty. Maybe start out with for every player that attacks within distance to that enemy(attacking the enemy and not the enemy next to it), maybe add 1% health of the creatures’ stock health. or 2% or 3%, etc until there is a balance. Might have to increment at half percentages. Enemy damage should not increase because then after x players in the area, the enemy will be able to KO players in one hit.

Arenanet, Also, I want the bug reporter thing back inside the game so I can submit bug reports on the fly while playing.
Thank you in advance.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Is this really a suggestion thread, or a rant thinly disguised as a set of suggestions? I don’t think this thread title invites towards very constructive discussion, either.

I think the author creates a problem (specifically the issue that the game is “dying”, just because he is losing interest himself), and then invents a set of badly thought out suggestions that would destroy the in-game economy.

Finally, the post is very hard to read because of lack of interpunction, which does not invite anyone to actually read it. And the argument to “lighten up” has never convinced anyone of anything.

Personally, I believe this is better placed in “general discussion” than under “suggestions”.

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I must admit, I’m always confused by these posts when I see them. I’ve been playing since release, have a total of 9 chars, and the highest level I’ve gotten any of them to is 35. Now I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not grinding out 8-10 hours of game time a day, but I do play pretty much everyday for several hours, with a few weekends dedicated to what I call “marathoning”, so I’ll be in-game for 15, 20 hours straight. I’ve never felt the need to rush through the content to get a char to 80 because, as many have already posted, once you get there, then what? While I mosey along at my snail’s pace, new content is being developed, rolled out, etc., so that by the time I do get a char to 80, the level cap will likely have been raised.
I dunno, I kind of liken this to the kid who gets up in the middle of the night to open every one of his presents under the x-mas tree and then gets depressed and surly when everyone else in the house is opening presents together and the aforementioned kid is kinda left to watch, thinking about how much it bites that he doesn’t have any presents to open.
But unless you’ve leveled up a char from each of the races, with each of the background choices, with each of the professions, there is content yet that can be discovered … there could still be more presents under the tree … just don’t rip through ’em like the tasmanian devil.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

Who the hell plays 8 hours a day? GW2 cannot help you burned yourself out and have nothing else to do.

My friends who have jobs are still happily playing the game….just saying.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

GW2 Flatline____

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

For me personaly, I feel I have reach a plateu that, with my life restraints, I cannot overcome, so my interest is dwindling…

…However things in this game are just too far out of my personal reach and it is making me lose interest in the farming/chasing legendaries aspect, so why bother logging in on a daily basis when everything is out of my reach?

The key to this is patience.

Set yourself little goals that will end up as a big goal, as opposed to just focusing on the big goal.

Even if you do the Daily Achievement (which awards 4500 Karma as well now), go gather the Ori and Ancient nodes, do a few events to get some money and Karma.
They are still small steps in progress to achieving, say, a Legendary.

You might not get it now, but you will get there eventually.

I think Arenanet should make Guild Wars 2 completely solo able and multiplayer able for all and every content available. First reason is that this will make Arenanet stand out as being a soloable MMO. I have a close friend who I convinced to play Guild Wars 2 at the start, but now is not wanting to play because of everything being difficult playing solo. And I am starting to see that factor myself. I have a good sense of team play where as he is used to solo content.

It’s an MMO. And you think everything should be solo-able. That, to me, sounds like your standard RPG. Not an MMO.

OT:

First of all, kudo’s for the dramatic title.

Secondly, it’s hardly ANet’s fault that you play 8 hours a day. There is a limit to the content that can be pumped out, but I’m finding that I still have a lot that I want to achieve.

Third, more spacing. Was pretty hard to read.

1) You say the grouping tool is poor? Maybe so, but why not try to join an active PvE / WvW guild? Probably people online that would want to do dungeons / Dragon events ect.

2) So basically, you didn’t do the content because there wasn’t any shiny at the end of it…as opposed to, say, doing the holiday event stuff because it’s something to do? In my subjective view:

• The mini-games (Reaper’s Rumble ect) were fun
  • The Clocktower was challenging, but also well worth it
  • Fighting the Mad King was fun (ps, ANet, more Jumping Puzzle dungeons)
  • While I didn’t take anything from it in terms of loot (made a pretty penny though), I took a ton of screenshots and good times with both my friends and a group of strangers. Worth more than a bunch of pixels, IMHO.

3) Problem with perma-banning bots. Not always are the accounts they use their own. Meaning that if someone gets their account back, that account goes live, and the botter just goes and hunts another account.

4) They’ve started adding random events (found the Skritt burglar yet?), and working on the loot tables.

5) The Live Devs are in game for balancing, mostly. Since the company only has a given amount of resources, constant live events are pretty hard to pull off (got to create the event, bug test, ect). However, they are doing events to open new content, as opposed to just patching them in and saying here you go. That, in my view, deserves some praise.

6) On Story Mode: Define ‘easy’. Many players have little problem with it, while many players struggle. Make it so the players who struggle have no problem, and the ones who don’t will just walk through the dungeon.

This is not to say that the game is flawless.

There are many more things that the team can do to increase the flavour of the content. I just think this post is a bit of an over-dramatisation.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.