GW2 needs to adopt WoW's LFG system and here is why.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

GW2 does not have a Holy Trinity system. The biggest and only flaw with WoW’s LFG system was the queue times. DPS had queue times of 30+ minutes before they implemented dungeon satchels and got the queue times down to around 10 minutes.

The fact that GW2 can remove the Holy Trinity and not implement a LFG system that queues you, is simply ludicrous. There would be no queue times!!! Everyone would wait equally long, ergo the system should balance itself out. All Arenanet needs to do is make it so that you can’t be queued up with 4 other Warriors. It just needs to balance the classes per dungeon.

So… Why is one of the biggest selling points in GW2 not being utilized fully?

WoW and GW2 are different enough that the two can coexist.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Originally, they said dungeons were supposed to be difficult and intended for a coordinated group of friends. In fact, they also said some of the dungeons were so difficult that the QA teams couldn’t beat them.

If dungeons were actually like that, an auto LFG queue simply wouldn’t work. PuGs in general wouldn’t work unless all players were above average.

The other reason for not having one is in theory, since you just need 5 dps, you should be able to find them instantly. Normally, I only do guild runs, but if we need 1 more, it takes about 10 seconds just by saying so in Lion’s Arch.

The queue system does have its benefits though and opens dungeons to a larger portion of the community. I for example only do PuGs if the queue system exists. I don’t bother with spamming chat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

People PUG exp mode dungeons all ready, and people who want to avoid the problem simply don’t PUG anyway.

Yes, it is fairly easy to PUG now, but having an LFG would make finding a group almost instantaneous and we won’t have to run into map chat restrictions.

There’s absolutely no detriment to having an LFG system, and I believe ANet’s either looking into it or are working on it (seriously, don’t quote me on that.). Though since finding groups is fairly easy now, It makes sense that it’s not a priority feature.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

Actually every time I go to a map with a Dungeon or to Lion’s Arch I always see people spamming LFG on the chat channel. I myself had to do just that a couple of days ago (then I was banned from messaging as I had exceeded my limit) to run SE story mode. It took me about 30mins to finally get a group together and as we were entering SE I saw someone standing outside of it who then PM’d me asking if there was an extra space. I had to turn the person down.
It no longer seems easy to find PUGs for dungeons, be they hard or not. For example we had a tough time with the golems but stuck with it. We lost a player, but the player who replaced him was experienced with the dungeon and brought us through.
I experienced the same thing with AC. Kept getting wiped at the Twins until we gave up. Later, I joined a PUG who had a couple of vets and we just hammered the twins.

Back, to the point. I really agree that as this game matures we really need a LFG finder like WoW. This has already been discussed on the Suggestions Forum and responded to by an ANET staff, though.

I hope to see this in-game soon. But won’t be holding my breath.

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Bleh, terrible system. They completely destroyed server communities with it and now it’s spread like a disease throughout the whole game. They have the worst gaming community because of that awful system.

If you want to play WoW, go play WoW. This is GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

It’s not ludicrous but it would be a nice addition to have a dungeon finder.

The reason is that there is no world chat and I see people advertising in different areas for the same things. It would be nice to bring them together.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

LFG system in the form of a serverwide interactive message board (like lfm for AC story, lfg farm Frostgorge north, let´s do story missions together..etc) yes, and quickly. Autoqueue with strangers you haven´t exchanged a single word with – hell no.

PS: there a lot more MMORPG out there than WoW and some have way better LFG systems than that “throw me into a group of cussing, immature 17 year olds in a queue”-abomination.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stadig.7325

Stadig.7325

It’s not ludicrous but it would be a nice addition to have a dungeon finder.

The reason is that there is no world chat and I see people advertising in different areas for the same things. It would be nice to bring them together.

I agree. Since I have limited time playing I don’t have time to stand around waiting for a group. The problem with getting a group together sadly makes me not playing dungeons at all atm. Just another thing on the list of “end game” things I cannot do. It seems other have this problem as well. A dungeon finder would be great!

in Suggestions

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’d be nice to have free travel to dungeons.

But it’s not hard to make groups of your own.

in Suggestions

BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

Bleh, terrible system. They completely destroyed server communities with it and now it’s spread like a disease throughout the whole game. They have the worst gaming community because of that awful system.

Quite frankly this is not true, I played WoW for 5 years and LFD was the best thing that ever happened to the game.

You want social? Go to SW, type in, ‘look, all im saying is that GW2 revolutionized the genre’. You’ll start a social discussion.

You can crack jokes with your guild mates.

Elitism existed way before LFD, sorry to burst your bubble.

in Suggestions

Algreg.3629

Quite frankly this is not true, I played WoW for 5 years and LFD was the best thing that ever happened to the game.

You want social? Go to SW, type in, ‘look, all im saying is that GW2 revolutionized the genre’. You’ll start a social discussion.

I agree, that attack was unjustified. Though I think it would be better if you leave the word “WoW” out of your suggestions. Sadly, writing “WoW” usually carries the subtext (often not so “sub”) your GW2 sucks and you are stupid to like it around these boards, so even mentioning it inflames people´s temperament a lot (which probably wasn´t your intention). Just because something is in Blizzard´s games doesn´t make it bad, often quite the contrary – I still heartily disagree with your proposition though

(edited by Algreg.3629)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

The LFD and Gearscore systems where 2 of the contributing factors to me quitting WoW.

I happen to like looking for players on my server to do dungeons with, I like talking to them whilst forming a group.

I enjoy having to actually talk to people in order to get a group together rather than having no interaction besides entering a queue.

I like being able to judge a players contribution to the dungeon with actions rather than numbers.

I enjoy playing with other people and running a dungeon with them, then passing them in Lion’s Arch and saying Hi.

Cross realm dungeon finder would kill all that. The dungeon finder was implemented to lessen the need to search for hours to find a tank or healer. As we can run dungeons with any class combination, that isn’t an issue.

edited a word that triggered the kitten filter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

I hope they never add such crap. It killed the world in WoW, people sitting in town waiting for a queue instead of being out there in the world.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Choppah.4398

Choppah.4398

I support a lfg system!

I hope they never add such crap. It killed the world in WoW, people sitting in town waiting for a queue instead of being out there in the world.

You have no idea what youre typing about sir, you could go ‘out into the world’ whilst waiting in queue questing etc.

Only thing it would kill is the annoying lfg spam on map chat.

(edited by Choppah.4398)

in Suggestions

Posted by: orion.1250

orion.1250

You guys hating on this are mixing LFD system with cross-realm, LFD didn’t kill server communities in WoW, it was the cross-realm stuff where you group up with random people from other realms you’re never going to see again.

Give a gamer more anonymity and the opportunity to be a kitten without it affecting their reputation and they will be a kitten.

Server LFD wouldn’t hurt anything it would only make doing dungeons more convenient and accessible, it’s not like spamming LFG in a chat window and pressing yes to join the party is social, it’s something that belongs in old MMOs when LFD systems weren’t possible and to not have it in a modern MMO is just a step back.

At the very least they could have a proper LFG interface where you flag yourself as LFG and leave a comment about your build or whatever attached to it like in FFXI.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Choppah.4398

Choppah.4398

I agree with orion, the cross realm lfg killed the community not lfg itself, if it was implemented on a server basis only (which is what anet should do imho).

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

“I hope they never add such crap. It killed the world in WoW, people sitting in town waiting for a queue instead of being out there in the world.”

You do realize this statement makes absolutely 0 sense. Before LFD people in WoW had no choice but to stand in SW and spam LFG in trade. when they added the LFD tool it allowed people to go actually play the game while they waited. Your statement is the exact reason why they SHOULD add a LFD tool. I’m tired of having to sit in LA and spam LFG while I could be actually playing the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

If anything, the LFD (or LFG) system in WoW allowed you to go out in the world again…
When ‘manually’ looking for a group you needed to be in the cities where trade chat was the only way to really find people.
With LFD you can be anywhere.

Not that there was much to do ‘in the world’ in WoW, but with LFD you could at least be fishing while waiting, in the old system you were forced to be in a city for the channels.

People get itchy when they see the word ‘WoW’ and immediately go all defensive.

Anet is smart enough to improve upon the concept of LFD without copying WoW mindlessly.

Many things in GW2 feel unfinished for me, this is just one of them.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Suggestions

BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

You guys are exaggerating the downsides, yes you had one or two guys that acted like they just wanted you to fail. But that generally doesn’t happen, especially not after a certain ilvl dungeons. You are all there with the same goal – beating the dungeon and getting loot. Being a kitten is detrimental to your own progress and gold.

Kick and move along, where the SYSTEM RE-QUEUES YOU INSTEAD OF YOU HAVING TO LEAVE AND FIND ANOTHER PERSON IN LIONS ARCH.

No one would rage quit cause no one would be waiting for a SPECIFIC ROLE to be fullfilled. No tank, no 10 min queue no derping.

Yeah. Yeah?

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Several dungeons are pretty difficult with a full pug, while 2 or 3 guildies already make a huge difference. Most dungeons are actually really easy once you know the tactics, and pay attention, imho a hallmark of good design.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

The forums would explode, even more, with Nerf X Dungeon or X Dungeon is Too Hard posts if they did this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

No thanks. WoW players need to figure out this isn’t WoW. You bought a PvP game.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Suggestions

BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

You bought a PvP game.

Which doesn’t even seperate PvE and PvP.

in Suggestions

Kimbald.2697

No thanks. WoW players need to figure out this isn’t WoW. You bought a PvP game.

I bought a pvp game with only capture point mode?

In an 8v8 zerg mode that completely ruins any incentive for strategic gameplay, or in a 5v5 mode where premades are allowed to fight pugs?

WvW is a great addition, but dam is it zerging too…

This game is not a pvp game. It needs a ton of work before it can be called that.
At this point it can’t even be an E-sport, and the dev’s know…

GW2 players need to figure out another game can have good features too, even WoW. This doesn’t mean players liking these features should ‘go back to WoW’. They are simply trying to make GW2 the best game it can be by bringing in new ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

The moment they do this will be the beginning of the end to me. That dungeon finder was horrible and destroyed any sense of community and socialization.

No thanks.

in Suggestions

Kimbald.2697

Whenever I mentioned there weren’t many players around while leveling, people told me to swap servers.

Whenever I said WvW was a frustrating zerg, people told me to swap servers.

Whenever I said it was hard to find pvp groups, people told me to swap servers.

Now everybody is saying what a wonderfull server community GW2 has, and how a LFG system would ruin that.

Both features are based on the same idea: get together across servers.
If one is such a helpfull feature of the game, than how can the other be the downfall of it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

I’ve seen a lot of people that there’s no incentive to join guilds in this game. Well here’s your incentive. Join a guild and run dungeons in the blink of an eye.

Don’t wanna join a guild in a game called GUILD Wars 2? Well then get used to spam map chat and run dungeons with PUGs.

in Suggestions

BRB DOG ON FIRE.1503

There’s no benefit in joining a guild, in a game called a Guild Wars.

How ironic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

Yes we need a better LFG system, but we need one that is closer to that of DDO than that of WoW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

As has been said already, the LFG tool was a fantastic help when it was World-specific; you’d get to know people over time and reputations were won and lost. Then along came cross-server LFG and it all went to pot. Gone were the chatty social runs; in came the rush-through-as-fast-as-you-can runs. if you met someone in an instance run it would be very unusual to ever see them again, you weren’t building relationships; the process became just about grinding points rather than enjoying the game.

I earned the pug.

At the moment I’m only running dungeons in GW2 with guild groups, as time moves on I suspect that I’ll start PUGging again … it’s a great way to meet new friends after all.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Kimbald.2697

Not that there are wars between guilds in Guild WARS…
There were in GW1, not in GW2.

in Suggestions

Kimbald.2697

Don’t forget that GW has a BIG advantage over WoW when it comes to pugging dungeons:

in WoW dungeons were so dam easy, especially when leveling in heirlooms, that it all had to be rushed to the maximum. People didn’t like waiting for buffs or anything anymore. Tanks pulled half the dungeon before realising the healer was picking up quests at the start…

In GW2 dungeons aren’t as easy, which means even pugs would have to communicate or at least work together better.

This means that a system like WoW’s LFG would not necessarily lead to the same impatient asocial runs that became the standard in WoW.

It could start with a LFG tool bound to the server, but where you don’t have to be in the map chat of a big capital to see.
It can’t be a global channel of course, or it would be cluttered with stupidity in no time

Most map chat below max level is pretty much dead. If someone asks a question, I still see that question as last line hours later…
So in order to be free to go out in the world, a LFG tool would help a lot to still form groups.

Not having a LFG tool binds you to the cities, contrary to what some claim.

in Suggestions

Algreg.3629

a common misconception: the monicker Guild Wars is not derived from guild vs. guild battles in GW1, but from game lore predating the events of GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I agree a LFG system would be nice, however if they implement it they need to make it purely server based (can only be grouped with people from your server). The ability to group with people you will never see again allows people to be complete kittens.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Tell me, why do you think that dungeons and/or raids (which this game lacks any instanced form of the latter) is “one of the biggest selling points of GW2”? From my understanding on how they sold this game pre and post launch, it was about the 10th thing down on the list.

Here’s a list of main selling points for GW2 that are higher up on importance than dungeon crawling:

-World vs World

-sPvP

-Exploration

-Crafting

-Jumping Puzzles

-Personal Story

Where can a person get the best (Legendary) weapons in-game? Through crafting, not dungeons. Sure, you need 500 of a single token to get the item needed to craft the legendary weapon, but that’s only a small part of it overall.

Also, LFG tools are bad for this game. Why? Because how else will people participate for the fight for the Gates of Arah if they’re not there but instead in a city hitting the “queue for Arah” button all day. Ya, those things are bad because they enable laziness in a game that’s already rather easy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

LFG, as I understand it, goes agains the very ideals that ANet has been talking about for the last 5 years. Its an incredibly exclusive game mechanic.

I could be wrong, but I’d be really surprised…and disappointed…if ANet caved on this.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Just need GW1 lfg tool, let it be seen serverwide

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“In fact, they also said some of the dungeons were so difficult that the QA teams couldn’t beat them.”

. . . The ANet team is pretty bad then. The only boss I have not been able to reliably beat is Giganticus Lupicus without pulling to waypoint.

in Suggestions

Kimbald.2697

A server only LFG tool isn’t changing any mentality or atmosphere of the game.
It simply allows to go outside of the main cities while forming a group.

I really can’t see what all the fuzz is about, how this would ruin anything Anet intended with this game.
If anything, it would give you more freedom, more spontanous contacts, and faster grouping… while still being on the same server.

And as I said before: so many people hung up on the server community while server hopping is actively promoted for just about every other problem you occur…
How many servers still have a lasting community? People change server over a bugged skill point or a DE.

Only thing keeping most on their server is their guild. And guess what: LFG would be mostly for those who don’t have a guild that gives them enough groupings…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

You know the dungeons are already cross server right? You can join up with people from different servers already and once Anet gets guesting working this will be even easier.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Dungeons and parties. What a outdated concept. MMOs are meant for a Massively multi player not a simple multi player game. Running a dungeon with a group of friends is against the Massively concept and it more towards a local network multi player game.
They’d better evolve this old concept of dungeons into zones where everyone can participate without any LFG or other annoying requirements and get rewarded after their effort.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Rather than a LFG tool in the sense of just dungeons, why not expand on it?

LFG in WvW, where you put in why you want a group. You want to skirmish taking supply camps and disrupting supply lines? Or maybe you want to mount a full-on assault on Stonemist? Maybe you want to recruit some NPC’s? A LFG in this sense would probably aid in organisation.

LFG in DE’s (if they ever adapted some of them for needing organised groups).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Remix.5019

Remix.5019

Agreed. GW2 could really use a real LFG function.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Disagree. I hated it in wow, and it would hate it even moreso in gw2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rafe Mathews.2308

Rafe Mathews.2308

LFD would kill community in GW2? I’m sorry. I guess I am playing a different game because GW2 lacks any sort of community outside of regular map chat. Stop being closed-minded. GW2 is quite a great game but many people are still viewing it through rose-colored glasses, it’s still far from perfect. What is upsetting is that when someone points out areas that need work/polishing/function in GW2 there are those that exclaim that person needs to “go back to wow”. So silly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Yeah, I think people are really confusing a LFD message board type of interface with what WoW ended up with, cross realm auto-placing into a group.

A LFG or dungeon or w/e isn’t different from spamming in a town. All it was is that you que for dungeons and ppl would contact you to see if you wanted to run the dungeon.

Anyhow, what is needed here is a global LFG chat that is server wide. Even when guesting is up, keep it server only because I foresee ppl using it to spy in wvw if it were cross server.

It’s either that or a dungeon message board, where you click a box to tell others looking at this interface that you want to do this dungeon and this particular path and then people message you through tells or what have you. This could be cross realm due to guesting will probably be in effect anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

Yeah, I think people are really confusing a LFD message board type of interface with what WoW ended up with, cross realm auto-placing into a group.

A LFG or dungeon or w/e isn’t different from spamming in a town. All it was is that you que for dungeons and ppl would contact you to see if you wanted to run the dungeon.

Anyhow, what is needed here is a global LFG chat that is server wide. Even when guesting is up, keep it server only because I foresee ppl using it to spy in wvw if it were cross server.

It’s either that or a dungeon message board, where you click a box to tell others looking at this interface that you want to do this dungeon and this particular path and then people message you through tells or what have you. This could be cross realm due to guesting will probably be in effect anyway.

it’s already like this in gw2 i think… well… similar…

the problem is that most people don’t know it exist..

I don’t mind a lfg tool that’s more in line with gw1… but a system like WoW is just… BAD. The last thing i want is to turn LA into a queue hub

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

I’d like to see a global LFG channel, rather than a group finder UI that puts me in a group with random people.

Had enough of kittens going bananas over new players who didn’t know what to do in WoW. As well as undergeared players who just wanted to be carried through for the loot, which you couldn’t kick because the “kick player X” function had a cooldown.

Granted. As far as I have experienced, GW2 has a much better community than WoW. And thank insert whatever diety you find appropriate here for that.
So perhaps it wouldn’t be as much of a problem in this game. But why risk it, right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

it’s already like this in gw2 i think… well… similar…

the problem is that most people don’t know it exist..

I don’t mind a lfg tool that’s more in line with gw1… but a system like WoW is just… BAD. The last thing i want is to turn LA into a queue hub

The current system is totally USELESS. You can’t even specify what you are looking for a group for. This single reason alone is why it is not even worth using the current tool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

WOW has very bad system, its stupid and train players to be lazy and rude.

one of the better and the simplest methods is the one DDO uses.

I strongly believe that if such simple system will be introduced to GW2 it will make the game more social and player friendly.