Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

- This game has not much strategy which is kinda boring.. everytime a big mob comes out or a boss appears i, and many other people, i believe just stand there pressing our skills and dodging when need be. Which is kinda boring, cause if we get knocked down we just get rezzed. Most of the time i feel like im just watching and waiting for enemies heath to go down. So maybe some strategy would be nice:D

- Health bars of enemies should have a number to guage how low or high his health is.. for example im a thief and a skill is required 25% max health to do max dmg, and.. i don’t really know when its 25% so either im wasting 3 initiative or got lucky..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nethero.3519

Nethero.3519

I think that allowing players to “lock” items to they can’t be sold at vendors, or allowing players to buy any item they’ve sold to vendors for a day or so would be delightful. Equipping a two handed weapon for dungeon, then vendoring after the dungeon only to run it again could mean you lose a nice skin you spent 37+ gold on… (true story). Just so you know I do have invisible bags, but when you equip a two hander from dual weilding, only one of the items goes into the slot that the two hander was in your backpack.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zero iq.8037

zero iq.8037

Maybe most people will disagree, but I have some disabilities that make it very difficult to use the movement controls and attack. No problem with GW1. It seems that GW2 is more primitive in some ways than GW1. After 6 years of playing GW1 with no problems I have given up playing GW2. Some parts like using spacebar jump is cool but with out mouse control I cannot play except very slow and clumbsy. You think they will ever have a patch to make control functions as easy as GW1?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redstar.7039

Redstar.7039

This is a message for the Developers, could you please give us keybindings for look up and look down. I beg of you please, its the biggest thing i find to annoy me on a constant basis. For all that is good in the world, may you answer my prayer to you let me bind look up and look down………………………………im begging here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

The Mesmer Moa elite is ridiculously stupid. oh, turned into a useless bird for an entire fight? alright.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nochtum.5893

Nochtum.5893

Hello Arenanet and everyone else that is reading this, I do hope that my discussion is in the right place I do think so.

I would like to raise and once again open up the discussion regarding “Legendary Weapons” mainly because the way you go about it today is not a satisfaction or even hard just time-consuming. First off I want to say that I am not a casual player I am a hardcore GW2 gamer but I just got tired to grind for my legendary instead of earning it through skill, because it is supposed to be a skillbased game.

Now down to buisness:

Both my friends and other players have discussed the aquiring of legendary weapon, most of us say the same thing “Get gold and buy it” or “well just grind” this is two topics that should´nt come up when you discuss the greatest weapon in the game. As it is now (in the writing moment) the weapon is not account bound so you can sell it which is idiotic and it´s no fun gaining it like that. The second way is by just grinding the same dungeon, the same events and if you are a PvE player you are forced to grind WvsW as well. I started out to do this for my legendary then I asked myself “what other skins exist” and then when I looked into it I found other skins that was equal in “coolness” as the legendary and what did I have to do to gain it? Well grind.

So why should I grind for a Legendary weapon that forces a player to play WvsW (actually some people just want to play PvE and the game is mainly PvE with the element of a WvsW pvp) when I can grind for another skin that looks just as awsome? Answer: I don´t have to, I can just grind for the other skin.

But then you lose the whole thing that is legendary weapon and it´s use, as a player when you gain it it should be announced, you should have had to slain a horrific monster and you should have EARNED the weapon in a way that you feel satisfied and other players go “nicly done”. So what if a casual player get´s jealous, you as a player have put in time and skills to earn it, as it is now all I think when I see a player with a legendary weapon is “ok so either he put in gems for gold or has a lot of free time and enjoys WvsW”.

This is a problem and I am not the only one seeing it, I know that changes are coming but I still want to raise the issue to this I also have a suggestion to resolve the problem. I have writen down a story concept regarding aquiring the legendary weapon, it is something that makes you explore the world of Tyria, kill monsters and visit dungeons. But it´s not about grinding the same thing 100 – 400 times it´s more about following a story and the events leading up to you as a player gaining your weapon.

I would like to send it in, but I hav´nt found any e-mail where I can send it so plz replay this if anyone knows. (At this moment when I have searched I hav´nt found it yet)

So why did I go throught the effort to write this suggestion? Well it´s easy, you can always complain and do nothing about it or as a player I can take my responisbility and give the makers of the game (Arenanet) my suggestion. Thus if they are interested they read it if not well then I at least have tried to make an effort to improve the game.

As a final touch I do want to say that it is a great game, I played GW1 loved it and I will keep playing GW2 cause I love the game as well, we as players have to remind ourselfs that “Rome was´nt buildt in one day” so I am confident that this game will keep growing and just become better and better.

//
Sincerely
Nochtum

in Suggestions

Posted by: RevLuc.7823

RevLuc.7823

I would like to suggest that the dailies reset at a different time.

Presently, the reset is at 7:00pm est. This is in the middle of my playing time. I’m also not able to play every day. So I either have to start at 7:00 and then hope that I can play early the next day, or play really late into the night.

I would like to see the daily either be a true daily and reset at midnight, or even better, to reset them in the very early morning, like 4:00-6:00 am.
This way, you can have a whole evening to work on the dailies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dhraiden.9215

Dhraiden.9215

This is really more of an ambient improvement – ‘First Person POV’ (that, maximum zoom from height-of-player). It would be neat and create more immersion. Not a huge deal, but then again not that hard to implement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siegdarth.6180

Siegdarth.6180

• Add a fist fighting class.
  • Dungeon Finder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paradoxo.1502

Paradoxo.1502

- Implement the possibility to create groups on contacts, after some time i can’t remember who are the people i added.

“no one helps no loves” – mighty meak.6387 2014

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rendrez.9572

Rendrez.9572

Graphic Improvements suggestions for game immersion

-More realistic fog depth of field
-Remove 2D Clouds Effect eyesore (my opinion)

Samples

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/LostShores_Teaser_Screen01.jpg

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Ship-Over-Grove.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

1. Remove the Skill Slot requirements and make it “suggested amount” as a check button so that players that already know what they want/are making a alt dont need to spend skill points on some skills they dont need. It was a nice teaching requirement early on, but i think that with the amount of time GW2 already had, its just a pointless waste of players time.
2. “collectors remake golem service” new tab in the bank that includes all weapons and armor (like pvp lockes) that if you fill once with the fitting skin or place a skin consumable in its slot, you can take out the skin as many times you wish as a account bound version (also solves problem with legendaries), for all i care it could even be a 1000 gem cost to unlock thing.
3. Change the items from the my story tab from the hero section to a miniature scyring pool in each of the home instances that would include those items, all one of event only items (the locked from the parents for human orphan, map of southsun cove, the mysterious shell, the chapters of the mad memories, etc) for the sake of nostalgia and bragging.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Suggestions

Posted by: beefjus.9347

beefjus.9347

I’m sure that someone else has posted it, but I’d also like to voice out my concerns.

- Colorblind mode
- Latency display on UI
- More accurate “tab targeting” (tabbing to a critter is just plain silly)
- Player notifications (it’d be nice to know when my friends log on, without having to constantly check the guild roster or friend list)
- Allow us to turn off the “greet” option for NPCs… it gets in the way of looting/reviving in dungeons.
- Allow us to preview things from the TP. It would be nice to see how a certain item/dye would look on your character before buying it.

Current Rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beefjus/saved/WBx323
Planning on upgrading to a GTX980ti by late 2016

(edited by beefjus.9347)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saf.4182

Saf.4182

Gday guys. Just a quick one. was wondering if there was any chance of getting some more symbols available on the guild tabbards. Agreed there are alot there to choose from but just thought id ask. Cheers

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Some better outmanned buff(many have asked for this I, know that)

Edit:

Some kind of Autobalancing in WvW example

Server1: 21 camps, 22 tower, 12 keeps, 1 castle
Server2: 2 camps, 1 tower, 0 keeps, 0 castle
Server3: 1 camp, 1 tower, 0 keeps, 0 castle

and after “Autobalance”

Server1: 8 camps, 8 tower, 4 keeps, 1 castle
Server2: 8 camps, 8 tower, 4 keeps, 0 castle
Server3: 8 camp, 8 tower, 4 keeps, 0 castle

This would may be checked 4hours when one server has more than 75% of the map
Would benefit all servers, makes it more fun for the loosing servers, also the leading server can retake things and also have fun for more time.

Note, the castle is kept by the server that have the castle, or it may become neutral so it have to be recaptured.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hultan.5681

Hultan.5681

1) Add so you can inspect players would be really nice.

2) I haven’t really found a place where a lot of ppl are just hanging out being social. In all the other mmo’s there are always 1-2 spots where there always are loads of people everywhere giving you that cool feeling that it’s like a city, so would be cool if a place like that would exist

in Suggestions

Posted by: HerraSusi.8057

HerraSusi.8057

Hello!

UI modification would be quite awesome. I have “little” problem with UI cos’ my left eye is blind. Im quite sure that im not only one who has problem with sight.
It’s really hard to read chat when its only on left side of screen and there is so limited font size (also different fonts would help).
Yes yes, voip is this day, but chat is also needed.

Will there be any updates with UI moding or is there any possibilities to aply chat and minimap moving?

in Suggestions

Posted by: VictorCrackus.4509

VictorCrackus.4509

1) Necromancer Minion Skins for Gems. Could be skeletal, demonic, or anything else that seems iconic and wonderful.

2) Save my engineer. An overhaul, some reverting of nerfs. Just anything. Perhaps some better elites, or anything. Just. Help, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorion.7504

Zorion.7504

Camera movement on down.

Please take away the cameras movement and constantly zooming in effect when downed.
It´s a thing kept from old games to show your epic death and leave you to pounder on what went wrong.., in GW2 its just in the way.

you should be able to zoom out when downed as when alive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Please add in a withdraw/deposit all button for the bank

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: plix.5263

plix.5263

1. Please add total size of patch in megabytes before game start update.
2. Ping status like in GW1.
3. “Repair” market price of crystals (1g = minimum 70 crystal).

in Suggestions

Posted by: TerraJayne.1948

TerraJayne.1948

I would really like to see the option to change the color of hair accessories added to the dye menu… I love that they have added the option to change the hair style, and I agree that you should have to do a little extra to do that, but it seems a little odd that if you so happen to pick a hairstyle with an accessory when first creating your character that you cannot change the accessory’s color later on so it will match your character’s armor… For example, my main character is a female Asura with two buns and purple ribbons in her hair, and her armor matches the ribbons… I would really like to be able to change the color of her armor (to something like red or orange or anything, really) without it clashing terribly with the purple hair ribbons… I don’t want to change the style… just the ribbon color…

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

The biggest thing for me would be the transition from Guild Wars 1 to Guild Wars 2.

Many of my IRL friends and Guild mates agree that Guild Wars 1 was more enticing to play because you could customize all 8 slots to make very specific and unique builds.

Essentially, in the current system, one’s play style does not change past level 10. This means players are playing the exact same characters from levels 10 – 80.

(Note: I picked level 10 because that’s the approximate level when I maxed all my weapon skills)

As well, utility skills add little to no customization aside from very few. Playing a Ranged DPS Ranger, I simply have 2 buffs (Quickening Zephyr and the Bleeding active) with Lightning Reflexes and Rampage as One. However, these skills do nothing to actually change my play style, and many of my attempted “builds” have had a similar feeling.

What I would like to see (maybe not soon, but in the future) would be a way to customize the left side of the bar. Make hundreds of skills like in Guild Wars 1, so unique builds can start to flourish and players feel attached to their own creation.

However, the skill quality of Guild Wars 2 is a lot more flashy, which means developing hundreds of skills would be painful. Nevertheless, I feel like Guild Wars 2 is trying to be a MOBA instead of trying to be the sequel to Guild Wars 1, where skill was determined by strategy, planning, and coordination.

I hope later expansions and patches release to make this combat less stale.

i know this was months ago…but the developers really should look at this again. I have to agree with him completeley im getting bored of using the same skills over and over and over…and over…there is so much potential to creating builds like in gw1 in gw2 adding a selection of skills to select to customize how you want to use a sword or staff…there are alot of weapons on characters…i havent and will never use because the skills just dont work with how i play and then im left with only a couple of weapons to play with…and with the engineer…your screwed, there needs to be more than just a rifle and a handgun..i know the packs give u other weaponsets but its just not the same u cant customize the dmg on the pack like u can on a weapon, there needs to be not only more weapons in the game but alot more skills for each weapon to make some really cool combos….and i have to say im pretty sick of the wand and focus on my mes, but i have to use it if i ever want to catch up, we are so so slow…

theres no need for hundreds of skills but atleast let there be a way to change out skills 2,3,4,5 for a combonation of other possible skills for that weapon…esp if your traited for say minnion master, maybe make a skill that upon a kill spawns a small minion…and get rid of the stupid trait or at leastlet it be up to 5 minions and no cool down…hard to be a minion master without any minnions making it a max of 11 minions just like in gw1.

anyway i would say the skills need a makeover or i will be pretty much done with this game in a month or so do to stale gameplay. i love the jumping puzzles…the storyline is ok but there needs to be more to it from lvl to lvl so u dont have to wait till ur 5 lvls higher to continue your story. i used to play this game daily…its now down to 1 time a week or ill pop in to try to get the daily then leave. and just getting the daily feels like a stale gameplay using the same 5-10 skills over and over. its lost its flare to me. I want to feel the adrenaline again the in battle excitement….where did it go.

as for more weapons….take a look at Borderlands 2, it makes me never want to play the engineer again. oh and why cant a ranger use a rifle…isnt a rifle a ranged weapon…still blows my mind how dumb it was to not let a ranger use a rifle….but yet a warrior can use a bow?

(edited by DeadlyDohnut.7052)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

Maybe most people will disagree, but I have some disabilities that make it very difficult to use the movement controls and attack. No problem with GW1. It seems that GW2 is more primitive in some ways than GW1. After 6 years of playing GW1 with no problems I have given up playing GW2. Some parts like using spacebar jump is cool but with out mouse control I cannot play except very slow and clumbsy. You think they will ever have a patch to make control functions as easy as GW1?

unfortunatley the point to click and move just wont work well if u need to dodge out of the way, and that mode of movement was quite annoying in gw1 it made it incredibly annoying when attacking and incredible easy to run in a direction. but there is an auto run button so that isnt needed. now maybe if you get a 13 button mouse you could play with just one hand setting all the necessary buttons to ur mouse and put zoom in and out on the keyboard. the WASD is very neccessary to be able to dodge accuratley, but with a nice mouse im sure u could easily do it one handed…if thats not the issue there are finger excersises to help with movement. or maybe they will come out with a game controller for the PC. hope that helps.

(edited by DeadlyDohnut.7052)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gerzanthulus.9642

Gerzanthulus.9642

Changes for the Necromancer
Staff marks – It would be really nice if they triggered off each and every monster that steps on them. As it is, a dragon can stomp his foot on one 10-12 times without it going off and a wolf can put 1 paw on it and boom. Nightmare tree from Twilight Arbor does not trigger staff marks either.
More Elite Skill Variety – 2 Transformation skills and a minion. Please change 1 of the 2 transformation skills or add 1 or 2 new elite skills for more variety.
Underwater combat (Necromancer specific) – Why do half (7/20) of my utility skills suddenly become useless underwater? Most classes don’t lose more than 4. Guild Wars 2 has some of the best underwater combat mechanics I’ve ever seen. It’s just a shame that my necromancer is doomed underwater because none of his main skills are available to him.
Changes for the Mesmer
Illusions – Why do all my illusions disappear when my target dies? Wouldn’t it be better if they disappeared when my mesmer leaves combat? You could just make my illusions attack my target the same way you do with other minions/pets and if you’re dead-set on making illusions target specific, then maybe set it up so that mesmers can have up to 3 illusions per target.
General changes
Underwater combat (general) – A lot of classes are restricted to 1 elite skill. Kind of throws the idea of variable builds out the window.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gerzanthulus.9642

Gerzanthulus.9642

1) Add so you can inspect players would be really nice.

2) I haven’t really found a place where a lot of ppl are just hanging out being social. In all the other mmo’s there are always 1-2 spots where there always are loads of people everywhere giving you that cool feeling that it’s like a city, so would be cool if a place like that would exist

I agree for inspect players. As for that big city, in most servers it’s Lion’s Arch. If you don’t have a large number of players there, you’re probably either playing during the down hours or your server is barren.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aroucan.5147

Aroucan.5147

You can to add a new emotion on the next patch witch make the noise effect “Aou Aou” like the spatrians from the movie “300” and some other warcrys.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I would love to see a bar brawl mini game and the pirate drinking contest game as a mini game in towns.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: tasteslikenvy.5640

tasteslikenvy.5640

WP are expensive if you get lazy and just WP everywhere like me. I think it would be really cool if every class had unique ways to get around faster outside of combat.
Rangers – let them mount their pets or give them new mount only pets.
Mesmers – let them hover, just enough so their feet hang and it looks cool.
Engineers – Jetpacks=awesome.
*Other Professions – I don’t know, but it’s not like this is going to happen so it doesn’t really matter :P
——
These things would not effect combat ability at all, so they could very easily be offered in the gem store.

in Suggestions

tasteslikenvy.5640

An item that I would love to see in the gem store would be an item that lets you select one soulbound item and make it account bound until you equip it again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viore.7542

Viore.7542

This is a repost from then dungeon forums, but thought it might have some merit here too.

“I know you guys were against the whole “trinity” class system, but it would definately help the dungeon experience. It’s hard to strategize boss fights when theres no set tank or healer. A couple of big hits and your down. My suggestion would be to implement a sort pick-up and go role system using the in game environmental weapons. You already have plenty of DPS, so you only really need two. A sword/shield set and a healers staff set. These of course coming with thier own set of skills designed for thier role. The tank set (sword/shield) would have skills that increase agro and reduce incoming damage. While the healer set, well would heal party members and perhaps provide bonuses to rezzing. Ideally the sets could be picked up and drop as needed, so if your tank takes a dive another member can pick it up and continue the fight!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

Add a proper dungeon finder to this game already. It takes hours to find a group for Arah explorable.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stormchild.2953

Stormchild.2953

I would like to state that i have come to HATE the lvl scaling feature of GW2.
Don’t get me wrong, it has its good points. Such as in PvP and WvW were it helps to level the playing field a bit. How ever, it completly destroys the single player experince.
For example, while playing as a lvl 20somthing sylvari thief late at night, a certain camp in the swamp was over run by the nightmare court as part of a group event. Nothing really special by itself, but the only waypoint in the swamp is in that camp. And while the event is uncleared the waypoint is “contested” and unuseable.
And due to the lvl scaling I could not clear the event, I couldn’t even beet three enemies! And if i took even a small break to recover health, ALL THE ENEMIES I KILLED WOULD RESPAWN! This made getting to the next region nearly impossible!
I have encountered a similer problem in story missions, which must be undertaken solo. The common enemies are able to kill you with DISGUSTING ease! And don’t get me started on bosses, just don’t! Now I’ll admit that when an enemy or boss kills you once or twice it gives you a sense of challange wich makes finally beating them much more satisfying. But being killed repeatedly for hours is just plain annoying! And thanks to level scaling the old tried and true statagey of power lvling to compensate for enemy/boss difficulty has been rendered useless. Level Scaling really is a game breaker in this situation.
Sometimes there are no other players to help you, and not all of us have 6 dozen friends to call on for help whenever they need it. And being killed over and over and OVER by mobs half your lvl because of a game feature is just…Sad. Before the Lvl scaling feature I truly enjoyed Guild Wars 2, since the Lvl Scaling was added I’ve mostly just been frustrated playing the game.
Therefore, to make up for this I would like to ask that a toggle function be added to the Level Scaling feature, so that it can be turned on when its helpful and/or enriches the gameplay(such as when in a party), and turned off when it becomes a hinderence.

Sincerly, Stormchild

in Suggestions

Posted by: rajjy.4832

rajjy.4832

Gonna keep throwing this out there:

Need uglier face options for all races. Older faces would be great too. Heck, just “average” faces would be nice. I really miss the varied faces Necros had in GW1. Now that its not limited to just class, I think we all need more varied faces.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Admiora.7942

Admiora.7942

About gear progression: I don’t agree on the new ascended gear style of progression.
It should be something like this. Exotics for the general game content with the an upgrade slot. Then, for every new content, there should be an upgrade component that matches that content. So players coming out of that new content will still feel satisfied about their previous investment (spending karma on exotics etc.) and happier because of the new upgrades.

For example, the Fractals where there are agony debuff, upgrade items should be designed to help players progress through that content. The drops should be upgrade components, or the upgrade gems, upgrade recipes etc. with higher stats that matches the difficulty of the said dungeon. I am saying that the content should be the one to adjust and not the players. This way, people trying to progress in the general content (original content without the Fractals etc.) will still be able to acquire their gear without too much loss, thinking their exotics are obsolete already. (Because spending a significant amount of karma/gold to get certain gear takes quite a bit of time. A lot for some).

So for every new content, there should be NO new gear but new upgrade items to accommodate the dungeon difficulty. It would be more amazing if we can keep that upgrade item without being destroyed if we choose to replace it with another upgrade from a different content or new dungeon. This way, every new content will have it’s own unique player experience.

So in short: No new gear. Keep having exotics as the best type of armor in game BUT add new upgrade components with increased stats to accommodate whatever new contents there will be. Give players options about the changes. (Be able to replace the upgrade without being destroyed etc.) If there are players with more than one set of exotics, then they can use one set for this content with upgrades for that certain content and another set for the other etc etc. Keep the current exotics as the norm so that new players will have reason to acquire it and old players will not hate because they spent too much time already acquiring exotics. I know this will require a lot of bank space but that means more money anyways. Or better yet, make players able to add more upgrade slots etc.

Plus, one more thing, please add dual spec or tri-spec so we don’t have to pay for respeccing. Just please, no new gear, just better upgrades, add more upgrade slots, new skins instead per new content, and please don’t make the original content obsolete per new content update. It has a negative impact. People will be discouraged to try the original content. Add a new dungeon with similar difficulty or strategy but just for the skins and player experience not because of for a better gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

-Please let NPC monsters be able to fall off ledges. This is simply a quality of life upgrade but it would be so gratifying to do. Ways this could be balance are as following:
1) Only killing blows that knock back, or whenever a NPC is knocked back with 3% health or less does it allow them to fall from ledges.
2) Knocking off NPC’s simply does a small amount of extra damage. After a few seconds the enemy could have a “standing up animation” closest to the ledge they were knocked from and be back in the fight. Making it simply a slight reward for a successful knock off.

-Bird pets should all rest on their Masters shoulder. I’m not even a fan of Rangers, I just think its silly for birds to strut around on the ground.

-On that note, there should Quiver models, even if only a few different ones accompanied with Bow type weapons that should have the option of being visible or invisible.

-The condition “Bleed” should spray blood on application and should leave a small trail of blood while afflicted. This should also have an option in the Main Menu to hide. (PG13 and all that.)

-Thiefs or possibly even Engineers and Mesmers should have a desguise mechanic that allows them or even targeted allies to assume the appearance of an opposing team for a small duration or until you attack or are attacked. (By this I mean, the UI will make their nameplate and armor reflect what appears to be an ally to opponents. Actual allies will still recognize fellow team members while deguised.)

-This one is Original guys. Dueling. 1v1 at least is what I’m shooting for by driving this into the ground but while I’m on the subject. I can almost understand the issues with dueling in the open world. It could ruins the veil of a persistent world to have 2 bright pink warriors dukeing it out in front of the trading posts. But it could also contribute to a unique living world. Where drunken brawls happen all the time, assassins stalk the unwary and Guardians attempt to vanquish demon possessed Necromancers. My point is. Dueling. It should be in the game.

-Proffesion Based Conditions: What I mean with this, is a blanket condition, lets call it a “Stymie” mechanic that can be inflicted like any other condition from a certain skill and it lasts a X amount of time like a standard condition but the effect changes based on the Proffesion afflicted. For example:

*Warrior/Fumble: Trying to use a Burst skill will trigger the global Cooldown on your abilities for X seconds.
*Engineer/Backfire: Useing Toolbelt skills for X seconds will cause an explosion lightly damaging nearby enemies and apply burning and a single stack of bleeding.
*Guardian/Impure Thoughts: For X seconds Activating Virtue of Courage will only inflict Weakness on yourself. Activating Virtue of Resolve will only heal nearby enemies for a small amount. Activating Virtue of Justice will only inflict Burning on yourself.
*Ranger/Insubordination: Your pet stops all actions and flees from your direction for X seconds.
*Thief/Unlucky: For X seconds, when you steal you have a chance of gaining the enviromental weapon “Empty Coin purse”. (with horrible skills) “Trip” knocking yourself down. Or “Panic” granting target foe Invisibility for 3 seconds.
*Elementalist/Arcane Amnesia: For X seconds you cannot change Attunements.
*Mesmers/Befuddled: Useing a Shatter skill pacifies your clones and gives you a stack of confusion for each active clone for X seconds.
*Necromancers: for X seconds going into Death Shroud cures 1 condition on nearby foes and while in Death Shroud form your Life Force drains 75% faster.

Just some simple examples, I think this would make the combat a little more fun (opinion) and unique. What skills apply this “Stymie” condition and how, I won’t even get into. Like I said its just for fun.

-Pet Accesories: (for Rangers and Necromancers) Items without stats you can equip to your pets and alter the color of. Examples: spiked collar, sashes, guild emblems for Rangers. Different Color, aura, texture or appearance for Necromancers.

-Pet Quests:It would be fun to embark on side quests that are quirky and could yield other pets or, get this, Pet Accesories. Examples: Endure a nest of Giant Killer Bees to procure some exotic honey for your Beloved Bear companion. Rewards: Giant Bee pet and Honey Slicked Crown.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

-Improved “Back” slot items: Capes, Robes, Chains and Snakes… just more unique back items.

-Weapon Sigil Visual effects: Much like how all Krait items drip water, items with a Flame Sigil should exude a small aura of flame. Nothing too fancy, just effects for Bloodlust and Air ect, would be nice.

-A variety of PvP Finishers: Simply, finishers that could portray variouse things. For example:
*Jackpot: Large Gold Coins could spill out and bounce around on the ground before slowly fading making a “Jackpot” noise.
*Glee: a small group of phantasmal children holding hands can skip in a circle around the corps with the audio similar to children singing something like “Ring around the rosey.”
*Ancient Gift: several phantasmal ancient bearded warriors can surround the corpse and slowly bow before fading away. With the sound of a deep bell chiming.

-Town Items: non-combat items that provide fun skills. Like Baloons, walking sticks, Apple Kiosk (#5 ability could last for 3 second duration and if anyone comes near it it falls over exploding apples everywhere like in the movies.) but more importantly musical instruments! Where are the Lutes, Flutes and Jambories! I want to Start a kitten band.

-“Sit in chair” animation: wtf.

-Fishing: I don’t care it would be a cool way to obtain cooking ingredients, as well as fish up treasures and bizarre creatures.

-Necromancers should have an ability to raise the dead: That game improvement suggestion seems silly even saying. Mesmers have an ability “Illusion of Life” which ultimately gives all downed players within the Area of Effect the Warriors downed skill “Revenge” which lets them instantly return to the fight for a few seconds and if they kill an enemy that yields experience their illusion becomes a reality.

Why not give Necromancers something like “Soul Graft”: All allies in target area gain a buff called Grafted Soul for 10 seconds which says “your soul has been infused with undeath, dieing no longer stop you.” And when you enter the downed state instead you remain in a mobile form with the same screen layout as being downed (cloudy red screen with draining health) except your 4 skills could be something like:

1)Death Frenzy: swing wildly at an opponent with a chance to cripple on each hit.

2)Grave Shift: Darkness courses through your veins curing 1 condition and inflicting Poision on foes who strike you for 5 seconds.

3)Reapers Call: Hear the call of the Reaper and Gain Quickness and Stability for 5 seconds.

4)Unfamiliar Hunger: Throw your body at your foe Immobilizing them for 3 seconds and flailing wildly dealing damage and gaining life with each hit.

And if you can survive long enough to fill your health back to full or you kill an opponent who yields experience you revive.

Ect.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

There seems to be an excessive emphasis on Dungeons, PvP and WvW in Guild Wars 2.
In Guild Wars 1, we had some Dungeons, PvP and GvG, but the emphasis was on the PvE portion of the mmoRPG part of the game.
And the dungeons in Guild Wars 1 were part of the storyline, and it’s exploration.
In Guild Wars 2, the Dungeons are PvE versions of the PvP and WvW style of gameplay.
I had to leave the Maguuma server because almost all PvE maps were devoid of players, everyone is doing Fractals or PvP or WvW.
I’ve tried several servers, and guested on a few, but most servers are going like Maguuma.
Lion’s Arch, with it’s Fractals, PvP, and WvW access, is the only map with an overflow.
PvE is slowly dying in Guild Wars 2.
Wasn’t PvE what made Guild Wars 1 a success? And… Made Guild Wars 2 even possible?
Please… Save PvE for those of us who love it.

in Suggestions

UnknownFreak.2805

better sorting in laurel vendor, like in the ascended items list, it just say in the ascended tab, all items in a row, maybe a small sub-category, cause so frustrating when I was buying my amulet for 30 laurels and then I saw I bought wrong, due to that there was no sub category:
item1
item 2
item 3
etc.

it could be updated to something like this
power, toughness, vitality
item 1
item 2
item 3
power, precision, critical damage
item 1
item 2
item 3

etc.
Just to make finding easier, would clear many questionmarks, and also for quicker finding of what you want, especially that the ascended items don’t have names like “berserker amulet”, “cleric amulet” etc.

How to crashreport…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LuchiousCaine.1379

LuchiousCaine.1379

I agree with UnknownFreak.2805
They could also add a few more stat combinations.
I haven’t found any with a basic Power, Precision and Toughness/Vitality on it. This is shameful seeing that is basically what a lot of people need.

in Suggestions

UnknownFreak.2805

My previous post is due to that I found it hard, finding the amulet, and I thought I bought the right one, but no, oppertunity to sell ascended rings/amulets for like 20 laurels for amulet, and 25 laurels for the rings, to make ppl, able to sell if for some good, and actually get something else in exchange, and like for me I bought wrong amulet, so instead for 20 days+ monthly, I can get another in 10 days, or one monthly.

or a exchange trade, like amulet for another amulet

How to crashreport…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Celtek.6204

Celtek.6204

First, sorry for my English from the start of my message
Second, if i am writing at wrong place pls excuse me ^^
I dont know how to say it but game needs 2 or 4 positionable slot for consumable items on screen. It becomes boring opening inventory for this little things. Maybe people say its easy to access but its just suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Numsu.9246

Numsu.9246

Field of View! Playing with 3 monitors and in a bad need of more field of view. Please make a range for it to the video settings with a slider of 65-100. Just like in all the other games. This doesn’t even require a bit of time from a coder, a good one can do this in a couple hours max if your game is well coded.

And it goes without saying… duels and player inspection people love to compete, with skill and gear, let them already or you will start losing players!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Just a small but important guild change:
- Show your guild announcement or message of the day in the chat every time you log in.
- I’ve encountered the problem several times that when you put a message there for your guild members, half of them never even see the guild message. Please fix this: In guild wars 1 they just showed the message in the chatbox the moment you logged in, in a different colour from the text.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Helltrager.8136

Helltrager.8136

I’m not asking for extra PvP content, or mounts, or housing or anything that huge. All I ask is that I can change my character’s names. The hair style and make over kits are available in the cash shop. How hard is it to add rename?
Please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

In Guild Wars 1 we had the Fort Aspenwood, the Jade Quarry, the Mists, the Temple of Balthazar, and the Battle Isles. All of which spread the PvP population out enough so that there was little if any lag, and absolutely no disturbance of PvE play.
In Guild Wars 2 we have Lion’s Arch, the WvW maps, and the PvP (Mists?) isles.
There is so much going on in the PvE town of Lion’s Arch that it makes traveling very slow and tedious going through Lion’s Arch, or expensive, if one avoids Lion’s Arch using the waypoints.
Without removing access to fractals, WvW, or PvP from Lion’s Arch, the only way around it, IMHO would first be to give Fractals it’s own server, if it doesn’t already have one.
Basically, What I’m asking for is, could you isolate Lion’s Arch to remove the constant delays of the overflow maps which seemingly are caused by the non-PvE players constantly clogging the system?
Guild Wars 1’s Temple of Balthazar/Battle Isles was a great system, and it made gameplay much easier, and fun. The PvP’ers had their little world, and didn’t infringe on the PvE world.
Combining PvE and PvP into the one already busy Guild Wars 2 location of Lion’s Arch is annoying. And… If, as I suspect, when expansions come out, that will increase the amount of traffic in Lion’s Arch to unbearable limits.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

Guildbank-the ability to stack items of same type in guildbank directly when there is like 10 of the same items in different bankslots.
As it is now you have to take each of these items in your inventory to put them together.

Map points -ability to revisit a scout that will redirect you when you have like 1 point of the map to do but cant find it.
Or the point radiating on worldmap when hoovering your mouse over the map icon

The ability to give nicknames to your guildmembers if they comfirm that they are ok with it.
And little side notes perhaps that tell something more about yourself/member
or like if they deserve a little extra reward for being nice.

More ways to interact with objects for roleplayers,more ways to express themselves
starting with simple things like sit on the chair,leaning against the wall,more emotes,..

Adding reinforcements to wvw based on how well the players fight of the racial enemies in begin areas in pve.
Also in the fight agains culling.
Perhaps adding naval battle and airship battles to wvw too

Give players the option to earn the cultural armor by aiding their race-still long-term goal

Give players the option to go on a graduation mission if they complete all pve maps to gain world completion.
all points in a dungeon or all points in wvw,or do all jump puzzles

Revamp guesting so it works cross-region, so players of gw1 are finally able to play again with friends of gw1 too.

Take away all the Trading post enteries that order below merchant value (like 1 copper) before they changed it.Or add a max amount of time ordered like a month then send the money automatically back to player

Let players search on type of armor;heavy,medium,light on the trading post

Add more beautiful music like “fear not this night” (although I think gw2 is in my top 3 most awesome game music)

(edited by Tipsy.5802)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martemagua.4819

Martemagua.4819

I have one suggestion: make it possible to add ally guilds to your guild. I have the problem that some friends of mine have their own guild and don’t want to leave them to join mine and the other way around. So I think it would be useful to have the possibility to ask for help or plan an wvw strike with an allied guild.

in Suggestions

tasteslikenvy.5640

This is a pretty basic thing. In TP please restrict people from posting orders on items beneath vendor value. There is no point for people to order items below it if it cannot be sold to them. IMO this just clutters TP, and if removed would make for a smoother experience.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meeky.9216

Meeky.9216

I would like to see the number of servers reduced so each server feel more “full”.