in Suggestions

Posted by: Happydaye.5413

Happydaye.5413

I would greatly apricitate if they would put a preview in the trading

Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: sauna.5163

sauna.5163

Tournament PvP: one of the more boring things we’ve noticed while playing tournaments is that alot of teams are using optimized setups and builds for each map and often winning because of it.
This forces the other team to do the same if the skill level is even between the teams. I don’t want to be forced to play a build or a class just to be able to win a game.
I want to form a lineup of 5 players and play with them throughout a tournament.
Otherwise you get another “Build Wars”. People always getting their engis/mesmer/thief for Kyhlo etc while using double guardians for foefire, e.g.
Suggestion: lock down the team when you submit your group, preventing class change and build change.

This will ultimately promote more fun gameplay where you actually care more for building a team that works well together no matter the map than just building teams that work on each map.

Small scale WWW: we don’t like zerging, I can’t stand playing with or against zergs myself. I understand alot of people do tho. But there’s alot of guilds out there that want to be able to roam a borderland with 1 or 2 groups and meeting the same numbers, thus having fair fights. Not likely to happen often in the current design of the borderlands. We’ve been trying to stay away from the zerg but that leaves us the edges and only a few places to try to find fights. Since the maps are too small and have too many chokepoints to promote small scale roaming. They are more designed for zergs to move short distances from objective to objective.
Suggestion: either you enlarge one battleground incorporating larger roaming areas or create a new borderland with more space between objectives and less mobs in the way (a great example that promotes small scale roaming pvp is the frontier zone Emain Macha in Dark Age of Camelot).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

Dynamic Events/NPC bugs.

So alot of DE’s or Skill point NPC’s bug out across different servers and get stuck until theres a server reset. My suggestion to solve this problem would be to put a timer in for all events. If there is no update to the events conclusion within an hour from the event first triggering it deactivates, and retriggers when whatever causes the event to trigger is triggered.

I believe the reason that there are so many more obvious bugs then there was in gw1 is because the bugs here effect everyone, and stick around. There were a lot of bugs in the original that were never a huge deal because people just reset the instance if it was there, and generally they only happen 5 or 10% of the time. But when you have an event that triggers once and hr, after 2 or 3 days even 5% of the time odds are its bugged up, and will be stuck until reset. This solves that.

On a similar note, having a timer on NPC’s such that if they are not interacted with in the space of 1 hr they reset to their auto spawn location.

At least this gives a short term ‘solution’ whilst they can fix the bug and for some of the issues will fully solve it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mortheim.9321

Mortheim.9321

I thought about one thing: would you make in-game caravans for PvP? A caravan with some goods moves from one point to another (maybe between cities or locations) and attacked by mobs/anotherGuild.
Also: whether will be some zones of influence gor guilds (like in PW, that not to be mentioned) with castles to fight for?
Whether will be ladder for guild influence on their race (for example: high rank of charr guild leader)?
Also whether possibility to spy and make some sabotage before battles between guilds?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Perez.1670

Perez.1670

Get more emotes(dance moves) [to Norn especially],

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wyld.7869

Wyld.7869

Pets need to stay dead when killed and need to be recovered in order to res them just like players, they do not need to slink back on their own like they currently do. Pets also should not be summonable in combat or make the cooldown on summoning a pet more than 5 minutes in combat.

Pets, to include mesmer pets that are not on elite timers provide a beyond huge advantage no other players have by providing reliable mistargeting, this needs to be fixed. The advantage is to great verse other non target skills in relation to what pets have as attack and utility. The argument that “tab” target or aoe is a simple crutch that holds no water as an argument for the people using pets ans they do not want to see this huge advantage go away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wyld.7869

Wyld.7869

cant a gree to grail a bout pets while many rangers seem to think they are not good enough u seem to think they are too good

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reach.7401

Reach.7401

i only have two:

1. Guardians are an adventurer class right? i think they should be able to duel wield a type of weapon ( i, personally would like axes) and maybe take away a mage weapon like the scepter, (since guardians are more warrior than mage) to balance out the amount of weapons they can use.

2. We should be able to preview guild armor, as it costs, 1 gold we should be able to see what we are getting into(literally).

Thank you for reading this and hope you implement it thanks, i understand that some of these will make signifigant changes to the coding of the game, but i hope that you do it anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I just wanted to add a +1 for the ability to preview items in the trading post. This really should be near the top of the game enhancements queue in my opinion. When looking at expensive items in the trading post that have a generic icon, it would be very beneficial to be able to preview the item.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serenity.6470

Serenity.6470

please add raids to give us more end game content. Some of us in larger guilds would like to be challenged by this aspect. I don’t think the game would be flawed by doing this. I think raids should allow you to get different gear and also more legendary gear. You can already get a legendary weapon solo…so I think this would still appease everyone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

Another day, another champion mob kill. we need this addressed.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: OdinSon.8439

OdinSon.8439

I almost guarantee these have been said, but I couldn’t find them in the forum search.

-PVP gear in the loading screen. Seriously, I don’t play this game for PvE and I want to see the fruits of my labor.

-Weapons in the loading screen. Same as above obviously. Why is that so difficult? Just have the code be written to whatever your top slot is showing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tesena.1075

Tesena.1075

- Add target to target option (good for PvP and PvE).
- I want to see HP of mobs as numbers eq mob has 1987hp/1987 and also in %.
- Option to see own name and HP bar
- Option to customize own UI
- Max camera distance is to close to character
- End game content… a lot of people get bored already after they hit max lvl. We need RAIDS with strategy and not zerking another dragon.
- Lower ques to WvWvW, idk how but this problem is at the same lvl as late loading of characters on WvWvW.
- DUELS! I dont even understand why there is no duel option!!
- Inspect players!
- Preview build of another player

Many yes’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayuchii.3674

Ayuchii.3674

My suggestions :

- A function to remove the HUD so i can take screen shot of my character, also maybe a camera system so i can move the camera freely around my character and not just around 1 point of view .You already have something similar but just to pan the camera from left to right .

- In Guild Rooster window , more information about the guild members such as Glory. I would like to be able to specify a Rank for PVPers and for other types of players.

- More armors !!! and maybe some of them that are revealing a little skin . Out of 3 heavy armors the rest cover the body up completely until you cant tell if its a female or male.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xolosheep.1649

Xolosheep.1649

A more robust macro system would be nice. Something I experienced in FFXI that I miss very much.

Ever wonder why your dungeon party doesn’t do enough damage? If you’re playing with some random people, chances are you don’t coordinate attacks / combos with them. Everyone is doing their own thing and only get combos occasionally when the timing is right.

I find it rather difficult to coordinate attacks with party members in GW2. People has to rely on 3rd party voice chat program to communicate. However, for people who prefers a quiet gaming environment, that is quite an annoyance. There are also times when everyone tries to talk at the same time, you message got lost in the noise.

That’s where the macro system comes in. In FFXI, players can create multi-line macros, and they’re assigned to ctrl + 1-0 and alt + 1-0. The macros can launch attack, print party message, print cool down countdown or various player stats, etc. Players can easily coordinate attack based on party message printed by other player’s macro. Just like GW2, FFXI also have combo attacks between characters. Since various skills have different cool down time, players use the macros to notify everyone else when to anticipate a combo starter.

For example, player 1 can create a macro that starts a skill and prints “Combo field: fire started, cool down 30secs”, and continue to print cool down time every 10 secs, player 2 will start whatever combo finisher using macro “Combo finisher: Skill x, cool down 45 secs”, and continue to print cool down every 10 secs. Since player 1’s combo field will cool faster than player 2’s, it’s hard to keep track of time to launch another combo field. But if everyone prints what they’re doing and when they can combo again, people can coordinate combo attacks for massive damage.

And of course, someone is gonna exploit this system for bottings right? Yes, in FFXI, gold sellers are using this to repeatedly print ads messages. But then even with the lack of such feature, people figured out how to do that in GW2 already. Besides I don’t think we need to copy every feature that FFXI macros have. I think it would be a massive improvement if each skill button would allow us inserting multiline party messages and print cool down time automatically.

Here is a page of FFXI macros guide for more in-depth reading
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/555735-final-fantasy-xi/faqs/26086

Something to think about~ thx for reading

in Suggestions

Posted by: Camp Axing Fink.7503

Camp Axing Fink.7503

Well, this post says it all.

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/threads/10862-Being-level-80-sucks

uhm… it was really interesting to lvl up and see how the story evolves but after reaching lvl 80 I’m trying to get awesome looking gear….. Anet said this game won’t be about farming…. Well I’m farming my kitten off in Dungeons, Dragons to get some gold for normal equipment and for me it’s not fun like the process of lvling to 80… farming the same dungeons dragons every day really sucks. Please pay attention to this !!! Add more ways to earn money that are not repeating themselves :S

awesome game tho :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: relt.6189

relt.6189

I’d like to add my voice to the many suggestions for the ability to customize the UI. I loved being able to put everything just where I wanted it in Guild Wars, and when I went to other MMOs that didn’t have total customization, I always compared them negatively to GW. It is sorely missed by this efficiently minded player.

in Suggestions

Posted by: OuchyDathurts.9360

OuchyDathurts.9360

Not sure if these have been suggested yet here but a few things I’d really like to see.

Dual Specing – This is basically a staple of every MMO allowing you to have at least 2 specs you can switch between. One spec might suck for normal play but be nice for dungeons. Currently you have to pay to switch it which means it’s not getting switched. I’d have no problem with having to pay a fee to unlock a slot, possibly gems for more slots? I dunno, there’s options. Even EQ2 did it a weird way having to make a crafted item that went into your house. You had to go to your house and use the mirror to switch to the off spec which was kind of a pain in the butt but it’s better than nothing.

Mouse Cursor Color Change – Give the option to change your mouse cursor to whatever color you like. Currently in huge fights you can lose your cursor which makes quick cast GTAE spells a nightmare till you can identify where it’s hiding at while trying to dodge and stay alive. Being able to make it a color that would stand out better would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pepebart.5187

pepebart.5187

the more important suggestions I think (some are recurrence)

-A higher or a hardcore mode of the map zone for the 80 who finished their story that could take place on an overflow server for exemple. It’s also a way to get better stuff without farming for days

-Better reward in Dynamic Event for the high-level in the low zone. wiki say “To ensure that high-level characters can still receive meaningful rewards for playing low-level content, if the event level is more than 30 levels lower than the character’s level, the rewards will be calculated as if the event were 30 levels below the character.” but it’s still not good vs your level zone

-Adding personal secondary quests despite of the dynamic event, with some quest log : pnj ask you to go somewhere to do blablabla in a way where there are more content without bother everyone

-Remake of more epic skin of gw1 (like the vabbian for assassin I loved so much) in the Gem store or in a future extension, this one I think is already on to-do list

-Money to teleport is a shame especially when dead and there’s no one near you to res. It’is already NOT FUN to be dead + you already have a penality on your armor for the death

-Better IA on PNJ. Also if PNJ could res a defeated player when nearby that would be great. actually they res themselves but not the player ?! …

-Faster balance of the server population because I migrated on another server due to the hours of queue to make it in WvW.
You have to be firm on this one not everyone will always be on the top 1 server

-Dungeons : the crapest thing is their difficulty by adding tougher mob (who can 1 or 2 hit you sometime) and who have a lot of more life. I dont like this type of difficulty because it’s BORRING : No creativity, no originality, it’s like army drills. I suggest to make the mob, environment, way to move forward a bit tricker.

-To be commander by spending 100g is not enough to be a good one. some never talk, some do crap, some miss the war tactics. Add an experience of earned battle to this…

-Home instance: there’s actually no change and everybody want something more tangible like statue, PNJ with special offer, etc

-Personalization: where is my dreadlocks hairstyles on human, norn, sylvaris, charr ??!!

-Some more skills for a same weapon to chose between. I’ll be happy with 3 more to chose on a same weapon personally

-Combo cross prof visualisation for exemple by emphasize the combo finisher skills in the bar with color, flashing or whatever when in a combo field = better coordination

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

• Save Character Creation/Customization Template for when people can recustomize their characters once the make-over kits are available on the shop. This way, we can keep our original “designs” and any new ones and switch around over time if we want, and don’t totally lose it and get annoyed if we can’t get it back 100% if we decide we prefer one we had before.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Secrets.8042

Secrets.8042

Potentially said before but still;

-Better rendering – Perma-stealth thieves/invisible wvw armies make me sad

-Remove armor class restrictions – Armor class in most mmo’s is a way to balance ‘’the holy trinity’’ i.e. you would do more dps/healing as a medium/light armor wearer than as a heavy armor wearer but you would take more damage. With the philosophy that every class can perform every role, armor class restrictions cause imbalances e.g. every class has an assigned healing slot that they cant use for anything other than healing, this gives heavy armor wearers an advantage in that while they are healing for the same amount as other classes, they are taking less damage. My solution would be to make all armor classes available to every class and have different bonuses assigned to each one e.g. heavy armor gives the most defense but has no other bonus. Medium armour gives medium defense but gives X% crit chance. Light armor gives little defense but gives X% damage increase. Or something akin to that.

-Better minion ai – Every class has access to minions of some kind and it’s a shame they only work as intended 50% of the time.

-The ability to turn your character reliably with the mouse.

-The ability to move the camera with the mouse and maintain your target.

-The ability to kite effectively – The amount of gap-closers FAR out weigh gap-makers. Strafe speed is slower than running straight forwards.

-Same movement speed in combat as out of it – This one is iffy as I do like the idea that once you’re in a fight you have to finish it but the problem is some classes get idiot-proof get of combat free cards that other classes have trouble doing anything about e.g. thief/mesmer blink/stealth.

-Remove the tiered system in regards to traits – Instead introduce a system where every trait skill is available from the get go but each one costs a different amount of skill points depending on how powerful the ability is. This allows people to customize their character however they like without being forced to waste points on ’’filler’’ traits.

-Make stat distribution separate from trait choice – I would say only about half of the current stat allocations synergies well with the build the player is going for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Palp.2416

Palp.2416

Improvements I would like to see.

1. Make unlocked Dye list account wide.
I really don’t see why this is not so, unlocking all dyes for all characters is just irritating busywork, and if anything brings down my desire to use dyes.

2. A functional LFG system.
Standing outside dungeons yelling at players for hours is…not fun..

3. A Guild Seeker/lister.
How am I supposed to find a guild who matches my desires and requirements without one?

4. Make unlocked recipies account wide.
Not as important, but I dont see why they are not and it would make things easier.

5. Make gold and karma account wide.
Again would make things easier and remove busy work.

6. Remove costs or make it a low flat one for waypoint travel.
Why would you want people to spend money on this?

7. Lower or remove costs for armour repair.
I dont see the point of this costing gold either.

8. A “sell junk” button in inventory that sells it whereever you are, couppled with a tixbox for it to be done whenever junk enters inventory, I would want a similar tickbox for send collectibles to bank.

(edited by Palp.2416)

in Suggestions

Posted by: noiday.2347

noiday.2347

After attaining level 80, you gain prestige levels/gear

I hate to steal something from call of duty, but I think this would really benefit the game in several ways:
- it would draw more attention to the whole completion aspect to the game because you would essentially be rerolling your toon but with full level 80 traits/gear/stats
-you would be encouraged to actually explore the entire world
-the biggest benefit of this is it would solve the whole everyone-stays-in-orr dillemma after 80
I understand that the game already downlevels you as you cross lower areas. That’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m merely suggesting an end-game leveling system like call of duty employs. Perhaps you can throw in achievement chests for every 10-15 levels of prestige for more chances at getting exotics/money.
Another facet you can add to this mechanic is all of the mats/nodes/loot you obtain by prestiging are 80s but the only way to obtain these is by prestiging in the exact area of your level. So if you’re prestige level 20, you would have to be in a 20 zone to reap the benefits of prestige gathering or what have you.
If this is too radical of a gameplay change and since it’s so easy to get to 80 in this game, what about when you hit 80, every zone and every area becomes “explorable” mode. Like in dungeons, but the entire world. You would basically be playing, for example, Queensdale, but with level 80 mobs/events/etc. For this implementation, I’m talking about a completely different instance for each area. If you’ve played borderlands at all, they actually used this exact feature. You could play through the entire game again after you completed it the first time but the second time around it would be against much tougher mobs.
I think an implementation of either of these concepts or perhaps a hybrid of the two would drastically increase PVE enjoyment/participation after level 80.

TLDR; To give people a reason to actually complete the entire world instead of grinding to 80 and quitting, I’m suggesting a prestige leveling mechanic similar to call of duty/borderlands where you repeat the same content except versus tougher mobs and level 80 rewards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canopus.3897

Canopus.3897

Disable ressing NPCs on dungeons while in fight (except those needed to finish a fight)
Useless (most of them) NPCs removal from dungeon
Priority on ressing allys than NPCs (like search before revive)

(no need to do all the 3, just a few suggestions to think about)

reason: NPCs do notting on the fights but die and dificult you from revive an ally that died near him on the battle.
Logan will not be missed ;D
or just improve them a little.

in Suggestions

Posted by: connorsli.2405

connorsli.2405

I love the game and how acessable it is. The guid system is good although the one thing i would add is an ability to publicly note what are alts or who they belong to. i have run into the problem of having to tell people several times who my alt is. A simple add toon note feature would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vathez.4632

Vathez.4632

I have two suggestions for you:

In game voice chat
I’m sure this one has been suggested a few times already. Voice chat would make tactical decisions in dungeons and PvP simpler to make. Ventrillo and Team Speak are nice third party clients, but some people don’t have that option since channels need to be paid for. In game chat for groups, guilds and maybe even close proximity for event missions would be a big improvement.

Discount teleports at waypoints
I love how there is no need for a mount in this game because you can teleport nearly where ever you want. The prices seem reasonable as you gain levels and the distance, but after buying some expensive things on the market, I found myself with little money to barely use the waypoints. This suggestion is about discounted, or even free use of waypoints if the player is within a certain range of one. I’m sure there will be a few exceptions for that, but I believe at least a discounted teleport service at the waypoints would be an improvement and may even create certain ‘hang-out’ areas for a more social environment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

I love the concept of banners buffing you in combat and i would love to use them more and see more players using them, but at the moment i think they are pretty bad in PVE because of how locked to one place you are when you use it, or you will end up carrying it but the auto attack is really not that good and the boons it gives are ok but not amazing.

So here is my suggestion, what if the banners were carried on the backs of warriors
(like a samurai banner) and could be changed when out of combat. The banner would still give its bonus to nearby people. Also there would be F2 ability to proc the banner to give you the Boons similar to what the banner normally gives:

Banner of Strength = 1 stack of might for 10 seconds (cooldown 15s)

Banner of Defense = Give Protection for 5 seconds (cooldown 30s)

Banner of Discipline = Fury for 10 seconds (cooldown 30s)

Banner of Tactics = Regeneration for 5 seconds (cooldown 30s)

Warbanner = When activated replaces current banner and applies constant might, swiftness and fury until the banner times out . The F2 ability will revive any downed players around you. (banner cooldown 240s)

The appearence of the banner on the back of warriors would be a small banner attached to a backpack like thing only for warriors

Traits: The Inspiring battle standard trait (regeneration to allies) would be a little overpowered trait for this so i thought to change it to this.

Intimidating battle standard
“When you use the Banner burst ability (f2) it applies weakness to foes around you.
Banner burst is 20% more effective to yourself (longer boon time)”

Thanks for reading

(edited by Sef.6918)

in Suggestions

Posted by: B B BASE in YO FACE.8069

B B BASE in YO FACE.8069

We need one of those Festival Hat like in Guild Wars 1. It is a crafting NPCs that can learn to craft soulbound cosmetic items (Celebration Hat, Chef Suit, Primeval Armor, ect) if you have one to show them that’s soulbound to you. This will alleviate bank space.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

The Guild system in guild wars 2 seems very thrown together to me and is lacking some MAJOR features even from the first gw that didn’t make it into the second.

-Mutli-Guild Problems- I personally do NOT like the mutli guild ability in Guild Wars 2. Problems I am seeing from multi guilding, Members represent other guilds because some guilds arent as active, Yet they are not feeding into the activity of the guild that they are complaining about. Representing guilds which have the a reward they did not contribute influence too. Possible FIX: Make Guilds Character Based, Remove mutli guilding ability, Find someway that you can effectively be in both guilds at the same time while contributing to both guilds an in both guild chats. Alliances?

-Ranking System needs tweaking- In the current state the ranking system is very restricted. You cannot allow members to invite players without kicking them also. FIX: Split “Admin Lower Ranks” Into “Promote/Demote” and “Invite Members”.

-Organization within Roster I would like to see an organization option to have Ranks of ONLINE players be an option. If I sort the guild by Rank in the current set up it shows offline members. I would also like to see a break between the Ranks, A small line would even due just some organization.

-Officer Chat- Communication between officers/leader without having to make a ton of whispers or a party to talk

-MoTD- “Edit” erases everything, it needs to do exactly what it says, Edit the message

-Notes- Both Officer and Public, Because Guilds are account based it is easy to lose characters in their alts. This would help Guild Leaders identify “Mains” for PvP teams, and PvE teams. Also this needs to be done to form a communication between officers if a member is being rude while one Officer is on they can leave a note so if it comes up again another officer can follow through. Also with positive influence, if an officer sees some leadership qualities they can write that in so the Guild Leader can keep an eye on them.

-Last seen on- I have members in my Guild that I have no idea if they have even logged on since the launch of the game.

-Influence Tracker- I would like to see some sort of Account based influence tracking, While I can see this causing problems because Guilds could create Influence Quotas. I would like to see that so I can identify members who are pumping out influence and reward them.

-Emblem- I would like to see more “Showing Off” of emblems, Time being they are very small icons here and there. A couple options are Icons by names, Banners on weapons and armor ( not capes ) but literally a banner you wear on your back(much like the blade master in warcraft3).

-sPvP Bonuses- No I do not want to have a + 40Vitality (ect) buff for sPvP and tPvP. I would like to see more options to support Guilds within tPvP tho. “+ X% sPvP influence increase”, “sPvP Guild Finishing Move”, “sPvP armor banner”, “+Magic Find sPvP” (for chest rewards).

-Guild Halls- This was in the first Guild Wars and I would like to see it again. “Guild Hall” – Requires Max level in at least 1 Rewards Tree (Politics,AoW,Economy,Arch.) You also need to use influence to Purchase upgrades for your hall, Thus if a Guild has a hall using the Art of War tree they cannot get the same upgrades a guild using the Economy Tree has. Each tree will have its own unlocks for the Guild. Also a place to run PvP Skirmishes/Tournaments.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightghaunt.3905

Nightghaunt.3905

Several people have suggested being able to see both equipped weapons. I agree with this but what I think needs to be done is what several other MMO’s have done and that is to add an appearance tab. A separate equipment screen that lets you place items for their appearance. You place a given coat here and its appearance is what is seen instead of what you have equipped. Also here is where you can select if a given item is seen or not i.e. a check box to set if the helm is to be seen. Leave a check box on the shoulders unchecked if you don’t want to see them etc. So, in the initial proposed suggestion you could have all the weapon slots have a check box so that you could select which weapons are to be seen and which are not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razorblades.8136

Razorblades.8136

The Guild Armor skins are misleading, for one gold coin I thought that I would recieve skins for the whole armor set as opposed only one piece since the weapon armor skins are only thirty silver coins for one weapon. Is it possible to clarify this problem in the wording.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rich.9503

Rich.9503

Remove speed reduction in combat – Slowing down characters when they get aggro. There’s really no need for this unless the object of this game mechanic is to annoy people.

Also conditions that slow you down negate swiftness boons. Even if you have a swiftness boon active it has no effect to counter the condition effect. Technically you should be reduced to normal speed not reduced entirely to a snails pace.

Space out cluttered enemies – Some areas have far to many enemies cluttered together, making some areas almost impassable. You could run past them but you will most likely encounter the annoying things that i described above.

Travel the world – The game needs more high level areas to explore. One level 80 map is not enough. Compare that to the five starting areas.

At level 80 a player shouldn’t feel they have to remain in one or two high level areas all the time. Perhaps make it so that some items only drop for level 80 characters from enemies in a specific area. So players may have to travel to six different maps to find that special armour set they want. And in doing so it might help fill up those middle maps that seem so empty.

More armor and weapons – There needs to be more stuff to entice players to go out and find them. At least 100 more armor sets and weapons. Get players out and about searching the world!

Combining heavy, medium, and light armors – For example, transmuting a light armor skin onto a medium armor. You can create some cool outfits if this where possible and will allow players to create some very unique looks.

Reduce cost of waypoint travel at high level -Its honestly a ridiculous increase in price and greatly discourages travelling.

Make traits more useful – Far to many to name all the worthless ones. Having played a few classes, on all of them at least 90% of the traits are not worth using. The effects they give so minimal that they are not even noticeable, and there for not worth using. As it is most trait builds feel identical and boring.

XP as money – As with skill points it would be nice to use XP as a form of money. At any level you could spend XP like karma. And by doing so it would be possible to down level a character. The excess skill points and XP you earn at level 80 could be put to good use buying food and crafting tools, and possibly even used as a alternative to paying for waypoint travel.

Invulnerability – This feature doesn’t work as it should. Its highly buggy and is best removed altogether until it is fixed. Many times i have attacked an enemy only for it to be immune to all attacks, yet it can often carry on damaging me with impunity. They can even heal back to full health while invulnerable, yet i still remain in combat mode – my health not regenerating and my speed forced into a snails pace.

Preview items in trading post- Some items share the same icon even when they are different, and some items just have the wrong icon. Of course you could just fix the icon problem but a preview would be nicer.

Remove soul bound – Its annoying to repeat things just to get more of the same just to use on a different character. Account bound seems fair and is more than enough. Soul bound is over doing it.

More crafting – I need more items to craft! Many people love to craft. Crafting is enjoyable.

Fishing mini game – There is lots of water. Lots of fish. A fishing game could be fun.

Option to remove the red flashing around the screen when you take damage – Its annoying… I know im taking damage, i can see my health orb going down!

Reduce condition attacks – Enemies use far to many. I can remove one and get effected by two more and they cant be defended against like regular attacks as armor and toughness doesn’t seem to reduce the damage from them. If you get surrounded by enemies, all using nasty conditions on you, then its often game over. No fun at all.

(edited by Rich.9503)

in Suggestions

Posted by: PointAndClick.5631

PointAndClick.5631

- Deposit/withdraw “ALL” button at the bank.

- Stop camera rotate on defeated state. You either don’t wait for it, or you don’t want it. It’s beautification for AFK people, who aren’t around to watch this magnificent rotation. No need for it.

- Lower frequency of townsfolk audio-loops by 100%, or twice as long. (I know what a sylvari thinks about, I play as one. It’s plain old rage and not very contemplative.)

- Default personal weapon sound is too loud

- Preview window need default zoom adapted the staff often falls outside the preview window. A zoom option would btw be very nice.

(edited by PointAndClick.5631)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gerzanthulus.9642

Gerzanthulus.9642

Better in and out of combat system: sometimes I’ll get into a fight with too many enemies and need to retreat. Well, often times, after a retreat, the game will not consider me out-of-combat despite the fact that there aren’t any enemies trying to kill me. As a result, I usually have to stay hidden until I can use my healing skill enough times to kill something just to get out of combat.

Improvement for mesmer’s illusions: don’t make them disappear when one target dies. Instead, make them disappear when the game considers the player out-of-combat. It isn’t rare for me to die just because my illusions all disappeared in the middle of a fight with more than one enemy.

Removing the underwater combat restrictions: yes, I realize that some skills don’t look like they could ever work underwater (like a flamethrower), but the problem is that some character builds are completely ruined by this feature and heavily restricts characters to a handful of builds or forces players to swap out their traits for underwater quests/fights.

(edited by Gerzanthulus.9642)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalanaar.4150

Kalanaar.4150

i created a post about this, but i didnt see this one xD, this is basicaly how it went
ENDGAME:
Endgame: many posts have been wandering about this, so i compressed the into this one, basically, people ask for more challenging things, more large party options, and to make the zones lvl properly with ya (make the loot at ascalon be the same as orr, so you arent forced into 1 zone, if i am wrong, please let me know)
(example, clip clob the giant crab doesnt drop the same as as joe the engineer or any other mob, or more specificaly, MAKE EM HAVE UNIQUE LOOT, not same greens and blues that drop from mobs of the zone). also players want elite zones from gw1
NOTE: I made those names up
also, we want to get queued in group for activities like KEG BRAWL
CLASSES:
i found mayor issues on just a few classes, they go something like this:
Guardian: GS is destroyed, Ranged is not viable in wvw
Ranger: shortbow is destroyed, class isnt viable on pvp
Warrior: its boring
Thief: OP (thieves are actually complaining they are OP)
If u got any issue with a class, like amechanic or something post it with the format above (dont start asking for nerfs and things like that)
PVE:
i wanted to get to this really bad
Dungeons:
THEY ARE TOO EASY, AND THEY ARE TOO HARD (lol), so people have been posting solutions to this, i chose 1 for each case
THEY ARE TO EASY. make a mode in the middle of explorable and story.easy enough for casual players to enjoy a more “hardcoreish” experience
THEY ARE TOO HARD. make a 10 man mode that is challenging, with different boss mechanics, and be lvl 80 only (this fits in both endgame and dungeons)
another issue with this is THE LOOT, bosses drop the so called “mob drops” or “vendor trash”, Bosses MUST have unique loot, and the most rewarding loot on the legendary mode (like super badges to by exotic gear) to be an incentive to players. DO NOT GET ME WRONG, this isnt wow, when i refer to Legendary mode dungeons, i am not refering to arah alone i am refering TO ALL OF THEM. Also, people are wanting a dungeon APART from the wow types, like with deadly traps, designed to make the brain of the player work, unlike the traps on for example AC, that just require runing, or a mesmer :P. Better boss mechanics, like peeps firing from plataforms, or a AoE attack that makes the boss room have fissures where the player might fall, or make the whole room have an earthquake (idk they are just ideas, but u know what am saying)
Open world pve:
world bosses would have the unique items characteristicsand unique drops (example, clip clob the giant crab doesnt drop the same as as joe the engineer or any other mob, or more specificaly, MAKE EM HAVE UNIQUE LOOT,) those unique items would be as good as the legendary dungeon ones, and if champion event mobs scale for 10+ people, the drop should be as GOOD as the other 2 for lvl 80 peeps (i have considered the effort required for every champion ahve a unique loot, so it would be arranged by types, for example ghosts champions would have unique ghost loot, giant champions would have unique giant loot and so on). and even better if it goes to 30+ peeps ( i mean, a better version of of the boss drop, not a whole different item), oh yeah, did i mention people also want word bosses MORE DIFFICULT?? :P
NOTE: as world bosses are open for everyone, the lvl scaling loot would apply, so lvl 60 dont get lvl 80 gear, and i mean unique items for the lvl tiers (for example the shatterer) 55+

Kunnat Aravok, Guardian of the tarnished coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalanaar.4150

Kalanaar.4150

PVP
Modes: MOMMA FRIGIN GvG (lol),duels and (the upcoming) paid tournaments (the one from the mad king patch the day after tomorrow), and EVEN MORE GAME TYPES (cap the flag, deathmatch, free for all etc, etc etc)
PuG pvp:
i didnt really find any complaints about this one, browser typed pvp, but i could be wrong
Spvp:
people are saying it is a lost of potential, not really sure why, but i could use some info, so far i loved pvp
WVW
i made this category to make wvw apart from normal pvp, basicaly, people feel the wvw are just mindless zergs doing aoe fests with 8 rams over and over and over, and if the team goes into your base,u lost it, solutions vary from increasing gate and wall resistance, to make the defensive team have some kind of “buff”, also players feel the rewards arent rewarding, and the comander title is adquired by mere currency and not by the experience at WvW
GUILDS
Guild Halls, enough said ( if u want to post more, post it)
CRAFTING
Well, the playerbase has been complaining about the legendary grindfest, i am not sure what is the problem, so someone should explain this
PERSONAL STORY
some find the Zhaitan battle dissapointing, besides multiple bugs in the whole story, playerbase wants that the order you chose (vigil, whispers or priory) influence your story 50+, some also think it is to easy

Kunnat Aravok, Guardian of the tarnished coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

I think it would be nice if titles were a little more prominent. I don’t even notice them on people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDarkEntity.7068

TheDarkEntity.7068

I’m sure most of these have been said before but here’s a few things I would like to see changed.

1: Trash mobs have too much health and hit too hard. An example. As a level 80 Guardian in full exotic gear with decent upgrades and all points into toughness plus 20/30 into health, I should not have more than half of my health dropped in one bite from a level 76 Ice Brood Wolf.

The bosses should not be able to one shot an entire group of decked out level 80’s, especially said Guardian. It makes choosing a tank class completely useless if nobody can withstand an attack or two from a champion or boss.

2: Raise the level cap to maybe max 3 levels above the area level to make us feel like leveling was worth at least some of the time it took. (Let us ruin the game by kill stealing ourselves, don’t ruin it for us. There are enough enemies to go around.)

3: Preview in TP… Please, please preview in TP…

4: There is absolutely no reason for us to be slowed instantly to half or 2/3 of our speed when an enemy engages us. That is simply ridiculous. The last thing I would do if I was being chased is slow down. Especially when so many enemies have slowing attacks and the grouping can be so tight in many areas. Some also move incredibly fast anyway like the Risen. They slow you down and pull you back enough without you moving more slowly for no reason.

5: It seems no matter what, that player skills only slow or immobilize enemies for 1-3 seconds. When any enemy knocks me down or stuns me it seems I stay down in upwards of 3-4 seconds no matter what level enemy. Also, if an enemy can knock us over a cliff, we should be able to do the same to them. They stick to terrain.

6: I realize that the game focuses on social grouping and large battles, but not everyone has an army of friends ready to help them at all times. If it’s going to be 6 on 1, the 6 should not all hit harder and faster than you at the same time as moving faster and having more health. The numbers will overwhelm on their own. This is not true for all mobs. Bandits/pirates/risen seem to be the most overpowered. I understand cloth and leather wearers being in trouble from clusters but not a fully armoured Guardian. My main point is tank classes should be able to tank small groups of trash mobs when they’re geared well.

I also notice that hit detection is off. When I first started playing it was beautiful but now I get hit by melee attacks after I’ve dodged, been nowhere near them and have sometimes even been behind the enemy at the point they hit the ground in front of them.

7: Invulnerable! Enemies randomly become invulnerable for absolutely no reason VERY often and it’s infuriating.

I love this game but these things drive me mental. Thanks for your time.

(edited by TheDarkEntity.7068)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Idrinkyourmilkshake.5648

Idrinkyourmilkshake.5648

First of all, loving the game. Even at the risk of repeating others, improvements/additions immediately coming to mind are as follows:

• Trading Post preview
    Still don’t have it.
  • 5v5 SPvP matches, please
    Keep the 8v8 matches, but add an option to join a 5v5 match. Personally, I think 5v5 promotes more strategy with the current 3-objective maps, and will obviously reduce the amount of cluster f!#cking that goes on. There’s nothing worse than being in a really awesome 1v1 fight and it being ended by a group of 4 enemies romping through. If I wanted zerg, I’d go to WvW! I understand there are tournaments, but I’d like to be able to just hot-join one of these smaller, more strategic (I feel) matches. 5v5’s have more of that one-on-one, skill-determined feel… almost like…
  • Dueling
    I’d give an arm and a leg to be able to duel, (though all going well, my plan would be to end my duels with all limbs intact). For those of us (me) who want to prove our PvP dominance against the heckling masses of friends and acquaintances we have come across in the beauty that is GW2, Dueling!

These 3 are of most concern to me, and I’ll definitely be talking to Santa about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

Please give player an option to turn off, or at least tone down all the particle effects. This makes WvW highly enjoyable – there is much visual spam that I frequently a) cannot find my mouse cursor and target b) it boggles down system by rendering unwanted particle effect c) it does not provide any information.

Ideally:

1. Settings to select maximum particle effects to render.
2. Low-Medium-High particle effect quality.

Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

Another suggestion – I dislike that posting on forums provides your account name for all in-game gold spammers. Please hide full account name, I really don’t appreciate having to clear my mailbox every day.

Alternatively – charge 50c per mail message, so spamming would cost one money.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

Personal Story – Factions
By doing a Personal Story quest for the Vigil, I was promoted to a Crusader. It would give a much greater feeling of accomplishment if such a promotion would actually add us a selectable title, under the Hero > Achievements screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Personal Story – Factions
By doing a Personal Story quest for the Vigil, I was promoted to a Crusader. It would give a much greater feeling of accomplishment if such a promotion would actually add us a selectable title, under the Hero > Achievements screen.

On that note, daily Order quests.

We’re supposed to be high-ranking! We have no time to slack off!

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scary.8034

Scary.8034

Here’s a couple of thing I would like to see

Option to disable the alt-tab windows shortcut

This prevent from accidently clicking on it, and if you want to go back to windows you just reactivate it again in the options.

View other players traits and gear

Really usefull, because even though you can ask them, they don’t always answer or want to bother telling you everything.

Mount

Because it’s just cool, they don’t really need to go that much faster than when you are walking, it’s just for the look : )

Numbers on the healthbar
Numbers just make things more clear.

Target’s target

So usefull both in PvE or PvP because it is way easier to know when to dodge things when you actually know if you are targeted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verkinix.5296

Verkinix.5296

Somehow I missed this thread (right there at the top).

Change Item Link Keybind:

My suggested improvement is to remap “item link” keybind from “Left Control/Shift + Click” to something that is in a non combat sensitive area on the keyboard like “Right Control/Shift + Click”.

Very often I end up hitting shift or control and linking my mouse click which then activates the chat window. That makes every subsequent key stroke appear in chat instead of doing what I intend it to do (like dodge, move, generally things that will keep me from dying for the most part). A good 20% of all of my deaths have been attributed to this (my deaths are multiple hundreds atm). I wish I could Left Shift/Control + Click and not have it link items in chat. Instead, that “non combat sensitive” function would be better suited for “Right Shift/Control + Click” or have the option to bind it to another key sequence while removing it from it’s current binding all together.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ziele.1058

Ziele.1058

Sry for my english.

Make profit from Defending Castles/Towers etc in WvWvW.

At this time there is only 1 rewarded way playing WvWvW- joining Zergs and capturing all object before us. There is no point defedending castles/ upgrading them. Ppl doesnt get any profit from defending castles and this is huge mistake. U gonna add puprose to playing sPvP tournament- gold rewards. U can do similar in WvWvW and u add some fun to WvWvW strategy instead on joining zerg and capturing and leaving everything.(u dont get karma/gold for defence) I dont know maybe 50 silver/h(dont know how much exactly, or karma?) for guild wnich got a castle. U need to make defending castles profitable and WvWvW will be much more fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baal.1325

Baal.1325

First off I would just like to say phenomenal game!

At the moment the only improvement I can think of and would like to see are Raids. I honestly love your PvE, absolutely amazing Dungeons(Love the Challenge!) but gear upgrades are much needed and Raiding would be wonderful with this combat system.

Now before the PvP people start getting angry there would be a easy solution to the problems it could and would cause in PvP, all you would need to do is make it so Raid Gear is not Equippable/Usable in PvP. You may even say or think that Raid Gear would make PvE unbalanced and unchallenging, so if that would be the case you could just make Raid Gear only usable in Raids.

This way you can still have the Raids a lot of people love, and the Gear Progression a lot of people enjoy, as well as Raid Progression, because you would need the Gear from the Previous Raid to be able to stand a chance in completing the next tier of Raids.

And you can have all this and still not hurt any of the other PvP or PvE if done right.

I really hope that my suggestions are looked over and if not used at least commented on by the devs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XueYu.4891

XueYu.4891

Ladys and GaGa, may I have your attention please. I’m not a native english speaker so just ignore my poor ability of expression. There is an idea comes to my mind after i join the GW2 pvp. Why not add a new pvp form like DOTA? We all have seen how succeessful these DOTA games are around the world, just like DOTA2 and LOL. How about making DOTA a small part of GW2 pvp? That will be amazing! This pvp form would looks like the new game?SMITE?: In a 5v5 map, there are three roads between two camps, everyone is at level 1 and has the same level of equipments. If you want to get higher level and better equipments, you have to kill the other camp’s AI soldiers and players to get gold, The only requirement of victory is to destroy their home and bla bla bla…… Just have a look , thanks for watching. : )

in Suggestions

Posted by: meshowz.6987

meshowz.6987

Ideas for new dungeons/Raids :

I would like to see dungeons where player fights mammoth bosses (e.g. Dragons and such)

I know we have these events, however as many mentioned before they aren’t really that challenging for us players and it is sad to see how theses epic designed Dragons are so weak and taking down fast. I suggest that you keep these events going (as a teaser for player and keep the environment alive) . However don not kill the Dragon, instead let them flee from the event area and this will mark the end of the event. Then to finish the fight, a group of player have to go to certain dungeon to finish the epic task and defeat the Dragon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen!
I just had my turn to make some suggestions =)

Aesthetics:
- More customization options Asura, Charr and Sylvari. I expected a lot more for hair decoration expressed their belonging to their own civilization. (Eg, many more hairstyles asuras that is based on the eternal alchemy, crystal jewelry very scientific appearance. Or side with the Charr tribal jewelry beaded mane very, plucked. Sylvari or, with flowers that would grow in their leaves, vegetable decorations very nuanced.

- Separation of tattoos and makeup for all races.

- The armor more diversified see truly an inspiration of the elements, sets, or race, more choice, not only in terms of level, or dungeons, but also areas.

- Some female asura armor a little more feminine, a small accessory adding more “girl.” jewelry, or flowers, held a little more popular than males.

- More costumes shop, and skin of Guildwars 1, I would have loved to find all’re gw1 armor, notement Mesmer. They were beautiful, and it would have been fabulous to find in stores.

Races of extensions:
Well, I have followed quite a little adventure staff, etc., and I was disappointed a meeting that leave me a little bitter … A race too much like humans: the Largos. I do not really want to see a return to a kind of elf to play. I much prefer the Skritts, or Hylek, the Tengu, or Quaggans see even the Centaurs Largos … (Forgive me if this bothers you …)

In PvE:
- Find all types of parties like Wintersday, it was awesome! I really loved the celebrations with a change of scenery!

- Always more things visited: open new areas such as falls of the Magi, see Evolution of a place: the temple of balthazar gw1, and fall down the beautiful area. Or other open place, such as the distant peaks cold, the homeland of the Charr, and finally visit the areas above the promontory.

Dungeon pirate arch lion!
° With usual loot
No ghosts against pirates / or real pirates!
° In a cove or stashed well they prepare their favorite, with ships and flags etc.. But in a cave with preferance really like the area of ??the bloody tide. Or hackers live in caracasse ships they did fail failure on the banks.
° The story: well they have slowly regained the ascendancy since the fall of beep, see the end of the game and started to reclaim the land and wealth of coastal cities. So, we made a call for us to hunt.
° The awards provide a tokiens stuff pirate style ship’s captain, foam, or brute.
Keep a skritt to go hunt Qui-Glow in the remains of the undead.
° Skin has held the key to the kind of gw1 mesmer elite Thief
° A Dungeon In Archaeological excavation of ancient coop Aleccio we discover details about the white coat in a search against bosses muursats or something that we learn more about Saul D’Alessio!

No one wins a skin type crystal armor or genre or Mursaat White coat!
Keep a card in hl Asura (fall mages), with discovery of the ancient Temple of Balthazar, and hidden entrances that there might have been, to discover ancient knowledge of religions and how he became a human god !
° Skin armor Balthazar!

- The Tps cheaper … My god, it hurts to have to pay two silver coins and copper coins … more … argl

- Find mini-games in interaction with the environment, such as the jump button in the puzzle in the first zone charr.

- A little more personal story. I have no quests or anything, was put by the events and hearts, his would be nice to have a story even more push. For example, after having beaten the dragon, we could help our people back home, and help our coterie.
PvP:

- Addition of map, with games such as PvP Duels, speed races five against five, or guild against guild.

The authority staff:
In the district staff:
- Addition of a library with books we would find in area, or mission, or have learned a little more about the history of civilization, that is collectible.

- A more visible, the addition of buildings, or NPCs, a living weapon, or it displays all our armor, and you can restore them by clicking on the mannequin, and go home with.

- A museum or exposing our history.

- A representation of the order in which it is a big flag, or a place where you can have personal contact … lab staff and a house, or we would see a little more interior charr, asura, sylvari or … stuff or you really feel you belong to any race.

- Housing for the future, I verais system increased by more than 100 places to build a home really is.

- A profession cabinetmaker who craft furniture for housing.

- A puzzle jump secret!

So, hoping you like it! Sorry for my broken English, I try to improve … I’m French = /

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)