Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hipster.5643

Hipster.5643

Here are a few suggestions from an old guild wars 1 and a current tournaments player:

• key bindings profiles – its extremely hard to play both an elementalist and a guardian effectively with the same key configuration if you dont have a naga mouse for example
  • interface customization same as in guild wars 1
  • make tournament tickets a collectible item, its very annoying to have to switch characters just so you can register for a paid tourney
  • stop allowing character swaps after you enter a tournament game, its not a big problem right now but imagine a couple of months down the line when good teams will look for the smallest edges in games and you will start to see teams change classes and builds two or three times before the start of a game on a map so the last one to change wins…

Thanx and i hope you will consider my suggestions, these are small adjustments but they will make our pvp experience much better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarkSpirit.4659

DarkSpirit.4659

I’ve filtered trough quite a bit of this thread, but I did not find anything suggesting the following:

Trading Post
- Preview gear
- Filter gear type (Heavy/Medium/Light)
- Filter Weapons based on class
- Show sale statistics (types of graphs which can be found on )

Gem Store
- Add different types of payment options (IDEAL/Paysafe for Europe etc)
- Allow “Send as Gift” option

WvW
- Exclusive traits/skill set (The same way it works for PvP should be applied to WvW
- Have a unique slot for armor in WvW (being able to switch between 2 different armor sets would be nice, it can work like switching to town clothes or instant change such as in PvP)

If it’s already been stated, I apologize

I also agree with a lot of the ideas that have been posted so far, what I would personally like out of those that I’ve seen (if I could choose only one) Is the ability to duel another player 1v1. PvP is a huge part of playing any MMO for me, and it’s part of why my end game can last “forever”.

You can add a whole lot of achievements to Dueling such as:
- Wins
- Duels completed
- Total specific type of class defeated (Necro/War/Ele/Thief etc)
- Type of class used to duel (and win)
- Type vs Type (Thief vs Necro, Thief vs War, Thief vs Ele.. etc)
- Near death experience (Win a match with 25% health)
- Total Victory (Win a match with 90% health)
- Combo breaker (break free from X amount of Stuns/CC)
- Stun Lock (apply X amount of CC on opponents)
- Untouchable (successfully dodge X amount of skills)

You can also add a separate weekly achievement list, once completed you get X amount of badges of honor, X amount of Vials of Karma (at least 2) and X amount of PvP tokens (which can then be used to buy armor/weapons for use in PvE and WvW, these armors/weapons are of course unique). I would suggest the following achievements for weekly PvP:

- X amount of Wins
- X amount of Duels
- 3 Different classes used for dueling
- 3 Different classes dueled

With that alone you can get a huge list of different achievements, and add yet another reason to play at end game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bob.5704

Bob.5704

Reduce or eliminate travel and repair costs!

This suggestion bears repeating 1000 times if necessary!

Paying to rez at a waypoint, then paying again for armor repair is especially irritating.

I’m from Guild Wars 1 so these high costs came as a big surprise to me and have caused my group of longtime GW1 friends to pretty much break up. Getting our group together to help each other, as we did in GW1, can be insanely expensive in GW2.

I am really enjoying GW2 and love most of what I see but without being able to play with my friends, I don’t see a long term endgame for me. PLEASE…PLEASE… PLEASE, remove these severe disincentives to social PvE play.

Add a suggested minimum group size for group events and Champions.

Some of these foes have the firepower and armor of an M1 tank and will roll over the unprepared like a freight train, and these guys don’t seem to scale down for a few players. Putting a small note in the event title indicating the suggested min. group size would be very helpful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meszarlock.4783

Meszarlock.4783

Hello to everyone! at least i was able to log in it took me ages to login to the forums i always got some error.

So the first things first probably im not the only one with this so lets just say its been piling up in me the problems and suggestions as i played. and tyvm for reading it of course.

So lets start with my favorite proffesion : Necromancer :

First of all. Pets Ai is horrible necromancer need some pet control or anything that helps move the minions or attack the target , maybei missing something but my pets sometimes dont do anything stand by my side as i die (when i was trying the MinionMaster) it was huge fail on my part , the other problem is another minion problem the lovely Flesh golem he can charge like bulet for 1200range.. and as i see its almost 1500 range and with that he can pull about 6-7 mobs with this im dead as trampled fish and the other weird thin in cursed shore that is the only place i go for underwater for sometimes but the risen enemies dmg is to much even if i have 20k hp i lose 15k or more if i dint have deathshroud probably i be dead.
Suggestion : 1. Necromancer pet control (i loved the gw1 one ctrl+space) we really need it 2. Lowering Flesh golem charge would be good like 700-800 range 3. underwater risen dmg reduction so we dont die from 2-3 hits with 20k hp 4. i think we need some underwater elite spell other than plague ,i love plague its good and all but still to only able to choose sorry forced to have only 1 is kind of annoying

Then Warrior : The stability mechanic in Ac is not working why can the graveling bypass stability? i cant really understand why we have it then if its not working , the other thing is Vengeance the downed state ability there is 3 problems with it : 1 we use vengeance then after the set time we die BUT we still have vengeance on us then we die on waypoint so ?_? 2. when we have traited out vengeance with 100% of resurecting(rally) out of 10 times only happens 5 times then why 100%? 3. dont have traited out vengenace and somehow we get rallied after we kill something but out of 10 times only happens 2 times but still weird

Suggestion : Vengeance maybe fix tooltip if its not 100%? Please confirm why stability bypassed by gravelings or if its possible fix it

Well then lastly Ranger : we have shortbow… first spell 1 ..im sorry to say this but we are NOT THIEF for good shake why do we have to be behind or side the enemy? really ! and the other problem is how the hell i do that in dungeon ? ask the mob to move in position so it will be good for me ? most of the time its not possible to do it i tried everything really we lose alot of dps because of it. Now then the other part PETS are utterly useles in dugneons if one monster breath on them they almost die instantly ok bears and other vitality based pets are die in 2-3 breaths, pet in dungeons become useless another dps loss. then Traits someof them is weird why healing is on beast mastery? nature magic would be more fitting for that but I dont see anyone using spirits… so those need some buffs or something so worth to use them.

Suggestion: 1. Shortbow first spell is useless wit in current state in dungeons with pets too alot of dps loss for Rampagerz yeah i should use Berzerker .. but really the game is about freedom am i not right? 2. pets need to be more durable or i dont knowwhat can be done to them to stay alive. 3. sadly spirit are usless now i hope they get something to use them and i like the sounds Spirit Ranger.

We talked with few ppl about the whole system and i or we like to suggest probably really hard to do in the current weapon system so probably not viable to do but ift it not problem i present our suggestion because its sounds fun.

We know this game is not Gw1 and so on … But We dont have That much freedom in gw2 as we got in gw1 with the spells , so we like to suggest each weapon 1handed wepaons have 1-3 slot have 3-4 different spells to choose maybe it sound weird at first lets say i have a sword in my main hand with warrior now sever artiery and the leap and criple , lets change spell 1 to diffrent one like thrust 2-3 the same way. i hope can u understand what im trying to say :P and then 2 handed weapons 1-4 slot be able to change to another spells i know its very hard to do because of getting ideas for weapons probably not easy task. its not like we dont like the current system but this would give us much much more freedom like in gw1.

hum most of them looks like bug report :|
So tyvm for reading, and tyvm for the great game Have a nice day

in Suggestions

Posted by: sometymes.7364

sometymes.7364

Changing Homeworlds – Until guesting has been implemented instead of preventing players to change homeworlds for 24 hours or 7 days – Players should be prevented in partcipating in World v World for a certain time period. World v World is where changing homeworlds is abused. Those of us who just want to play with friends on other servers are punished. I share an account with my son and because he likes to play in World vs World I have refused to change worlds and play with my friends. Actually I think it would be great if you could have different homeworlds for different characters on your account or just a few servers that were only for World vs World. That way players could have a World vs World server and a PVE server homeworld.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bardes.1870

Bardes.1870

1.) Make Character creation selections to affact skills
For example, if my human character believes in Dwayna, he can use Prayer to Dwayna more often; if a Norn is blessed by wolves, he can use Become Wolf more often.

2.) Make more weapon skills; and allow players to select or organize their own weapon skills.
Dual wielders should be able to use their off-hand weapon more effectly. For example, warrior’s sword skill 1-2, Gash. If Gash can be used by waving off-hand sword, the feeling will be completely different. It will be even better if you can allow players to decide which skill chain they’re going to equip.

3.) Warrior’s Burst skills
Warrior’s should be able to decide how much adrenaline they’re going to spend. Therefore, could you please make F2 and F3 for warriors? For example, F1 means spending all bars of adrenaline; F2 spends 2 bars of adrenaline; and F3 allow players to spend just one bar of adrenaline even if players already have three full bars.

4.) About Rangers’ pet
Please allow players to decide F2 skill of each pet.
Please make more skills for each pet then allow players which skill should be equiped.
Please make difference to some pets such as Eagle and Hawk (Spiders have different poisons, what’s the difference between Eagle and Hawk? Name?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

It’s a small thing, but when the game needs to go down be it for maintenance, updates, or what have you and it says 3 minutes. How about letting the timer count down normally instead of forcing it to speed along the process. Let’s just say about 30 of us were greatly inconvenienced when a champion in the Mad King Labyrinth was at about 5% health and we only failed to kill it because of the sped-up countdown.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimo.3058

Crimo.3058

This is my first post…

I have tried to think of a fun and balanced way to implement orbs back into WvWvW. I would really like some feed back to refine this idea.
I think we can all agree when it comes to WvWvW, we want the fights to be competitive and balanced.

Suggestion:
Having the same idea of having a orb at each battleground and taking it to one of the altars

Have each orb add points to the overall points… the orb would first add 5 points. Then can be upgraded to 10 pts. Then 15 pts. Etc.. (i don’t know how high it should go to make it fair). Upgrading system should be the same how all the other towers, keeps, etc are upgraded (except using supplies because if they are hacked it does not wasted ur supply needed to upgrade ur keep). orb must be on go through the full 15: 00 minute tally. To get credit from the points. (Prevents on and off just before tick)

okay now the twist: assuming the winning server will obviously have control over these orbs. The other servers without the orbs get a buff that makes them stronger (more dmg, more health, etc..) for each orb and each upgrade increases the buff.

These orbs should be able to be activated and deactivated, but with 5-10 people channeling to turn it off and on. Deactivating the orb should remove the Buff in X minute(s). Also when the orb is taken from an altar is should automatically place the buff into affect.
When considering amount of people: one individual can not decide to give the other sever the advantage. but also not enough people there.
For time: long enough so an attacking server can be helped to attack the keep. short enough so if the defenders deactivate the orb and hold them off for a good amount they can push them back.

Buff:
Should be constructed so the buff is divided among the players on all battle grounds. So if they are completely out manned during off peak hours. They actually have a fighting chance. (But not to a point where it requires 20 people to kill 1 guy).
There is a chance that the orbs could be held by 2 world or even all 3 servers. They should just add and subtract the difference of the buff.

This will take a lot of time to find the optimal buff quantity to make it fair but it would make the game more interesting…
Hope this is a good idea

(edited by Crimo.3058)

in Suggestions

Posted by: boydrek.6597

boydrek.6597

dont know if its been suggested. but i would like the option to gift gems to other players. as i wanna reward my members who go out of there way to help the guild

I second this, I also found myself in the situation of wanting to be able to give gems to someone.

My need came out of wanting to get a shop item (Halloween minipet pack) as a gift for a friend who could not afford to buy the gems but really wanted the minipets. As I couldn’t buy the minis and send them (they’re account-bound), I would have really liked the ability to send that person the gems I bought (just as I can send gold). That way my friend could have used the gems to buy the minis and all would be good…

However, there’s no way to send gems except buying gold with them and sending that gold, which the receiver would convert back to gems. This however will result in a significant loss of gems due to the gem/gold exchange rate (a 30% loss in 300$ worth of gems would be quite upsetting). While I agree with the concept of ‘gold sinks’, I think forcing people to such a big gem loss to transfer gems to a friend or to another account is not right.

Then there’s the point originally made with rewarding guild members with gems, which would be simply FABULOUS. This would positively impact so many aspects related to guilds:

• Being in a guild rewards that guild with influence even if the member doesn’t represent, so I would like to reward people for staying in my guild and one way I would like to do that is with gems
  • I could give people gems on holiday events (such as Halloween) to buy stuff for themselves from the shop
  • I could give gems as prize for guild-hosted events, like scavenger hunts, guild contests, etc.
  • Heck, if I feel generous I could give gems to random people, i.e. to promote Wintersday spirit and good mood, or to entice(you may read ‘bribe’) them to join my guild
  • I could reward people with gems for being dedicated in sPvP or WvW and giving the guild a good name

All of the things mentioned above can indeed be done with gold (give gold as reward instead of gems), but that would be a much bigger hassle due to fluctuations in the gold/gem exchange rate.

Just imagine I give someone an amount of gold to buy gems to get their prize/reward and by the time they go buy the gems, the gold price for a gem goes up. They won’t get enough gems for their gold, won’t be able to claim their prize/reward, will be disappointed, might come back to me to send them more gold or in severe cases might even get so upset that they might leave my guild.

CONCLUSION: I see great benefit that could come from being able to send gems to another player, and I don’t see any ways of abusing this different than any way that may exist for abusing gold-sending.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Farsia.9867

Farsia.9867

I agree with a fair few points here the gems trading being one. But i love the game a lot and cant really fault it much except in the way of contact and trade

Being a guild leader i often find myself sending people long messages and my inbox gets full really quickly I noticed lately theres been an inbox word count decrease! why? I have to now send 3 messages to make sure peopel get the info then i get told im flooding the message system. I would use guidl announcement but again too short. Can we have please either:

1. Inbox increase and a word count increase

or

2. an Option for guild leaders/officers to send out mass messages to guild members!

In the way of trade imj sure its been said hundreds oftimes but a preview would really be helpful! Id like to see what weapons and armor loooks like before i buy without Which brings me to my 3rd point! An ingame search to the wiki!

I havent found one so im going to suggest it, one thing in GW1 i found useful was the F10 link to wiki and search!!!! Please this would be great to have back!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adornay.6591

Adornay.6591

I’d like to see the Clock Tower wait time reduced for next year.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

>> After the transmogriffer fights during the Halloween i remembered how cool would be do have a duel coliseum in the main cities, non intanced where every one could observe and qeue for the fighting grounds.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NakedMoleRat.2605

NakedMoleRat.2605

I would like to suggest specifically dungeons and PvE content. The lack of the holy trinity is a nice change, but as it stands the only builds that exist are damage and survival. Granted to can trait and focus of stats like healing power and “support” your team but you are kinda wasting your time. Most teams only really just damage a boss and stay alive. There are no mechanics or reasons to do anything else, no reason to support your team by debilitating the boss or buffing allies. You may aswell just spec dps and survivabilty since you cant support to the point that makes u needed, its just nice or the same as having another dps kind of person. Groups need some diversity. As it stands, 5 ele with the exact same gear, stats , weapons, traits, utilities and elite can do any dungeon path they want. The 5 ele isnt the problem but it should be that they need to be using different traits and gears stats and weapons and utilities to do this not just every1 running the exact same thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NakedMoleRat.2605

NakedMoleRat.2605

I would now like to suggest a scoring ratio based of active players in WvW at the time of scoring. I play on a server that cant muster the same numbers as our opponents at all times of the day but we manage to hold eternal battlegrounds area effectively but then when the enemy cant take even when we outmanned they just move to boarder lands and take everything in sight and we cant contest on a global scale since our player base is smaller and we get half the points even though we are doing fairly well by holding out against overwhelming odds. I am not suggesting that you give double points for having half the amount of active players since that also wouldnt be fair. But for example if we have half the amount of active players and are holding stuff on the map where we outnumbers at least reward us in some way with points like maybe an extra 10% to 20% points for holding off a larger team with alot fewer players. This system would also help the problems caused by different servers playing times and even out the players time worth. ( players who can play when others cant have more value than playing at peak times). This would also provide insentive to players to play even when outnumbered. As the week progresses people stop playing because they realize they cant win or even do much good so they stop doing WvW and thus less players and then more people stop doing WvW ( or transfer) its a never ending cycle of player loss. Unless a server is winning it losses players and then the loss of player causes them to lose more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bodhi.4316

Bodhi.4316

Some things I’d like to add regarding interface and controls:
- Please show a character’s gold in the Bank dialog. It’s a nuisance having to open the character’s inventory in addition to the Bank dialog, just to determine how much of his gold should go to the bank.
- Please auto-sort categories AND items in the Production tab of the Crafting dialog. Alphabetical ascending would be just fine.
- If a character has two different weapon sets equipped, and gets a drop of one of the weapon types in those sets, please display BOTH of the equipped sets in the mouseover stats comparison. This would especially be useful for underwater weapons.
- Please allow the Bank dialog to be resized, at least vertically. Or alternatively, consider offering the option to arrange bank tabs in a tabbed table-style manner (similar to the way they are arranged in Gw 1).
- Please change the Bank dialog’s hotkey functionality so that a second press of that key closes the dialog. This also would be consistent with other dialogs in the game.
- Please implement a self-targeting functionality. Every so often, you perform an unwanted action on some mob or object you (or the targeting system) selected by accident while passing by. If you could select yourself, that wouldn’t happen.
- Please allow chat mode to be permanently tied to one of the configured chat windows. So every time you switch for example to a ‘Guild’ window with guild chat tied to it, guild chat will become active, if you switch to a ‘Group’ window with group chat tied to it, group chat will etc. If it’s already supposed to work like that, well … it doesn’t; in that case, please fix it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sakura.4196

Sakura.4196

Hey!

First of all, I love you all guys

First idea: instead of reducing the karma reward after doing too many events (to reduce boting), can you just add an “I am not a robot” question? It’s easy to answer if you are not a bot, and would not disturb gameplay, but would make it harder for robots. So good for human, bad for bots, everyone is happy

And a few for the trading post: it’d be great if we could filter for light/medium/heavy and also for usable items (e.g. receipts, colours etc.), and of course, preview the items where it’s possible.

Keep up the good work!

Sakura

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

Stop message suppression with inner guild mail. Try writing a short mail about something guild related and pasting it in a mail to send to multiple members, it stops you from doing so after the first 2 and makes you wait for another minute between mails.
Why no standard guild mail function or officer chat? It’s 2012. It is pretty standard for MMO’s.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mindnumb.3941

Mindnumb.3941

Could you add a “minion screen” as kind of an easy way to follow the Hp of your minions, turrets or illusions. think it would have been nice

in Suggestions

Posted by: zeus.5248

zeus.5248

It would be nice if the transmutation stones when used save-unlock the skin you transmuted to be used again for future transmutations,+ create an achievement for collecting various sets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dobi.4168

Dobi.4168

These are my suggestions:

• Dungeon finder It’s a pain in the a*s. You wait more to form a team than time you spend in the dungeon.
  • Underflow server Player spreaded over the world, so it’s a problem, there are not enough players to do group events, or simply events. You should do the opposite of overflow. If there are few players in the servers, merge them into one.
  • Better rewarding Sometimes I feel “mm okay thanks ..goes to TP… ahh worths nothing, merchant” after completing a map. I get armors, weapons that i can’t use!

Thanks!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

hi
i would like to see more bug fixes- the servers dont have to be shut down so there shouldnt be any (hated) disruption. MORE BUG FIXES please – dont wait until updates fix the bugs now- or at the very least close or give us notification that the content doesnt work as intended- Trying to complete a zone when content is broken is impossible – so why not put a warning on that maps loading screen.
ARENANET ban us for exploits yet they exploit us on a daily basis with broken content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

Would love to see how you self or your guild can influence the world in a big way.
Like make fortifications in the PVE world. and have your flag there waving. Means also your guild has to defend your little town/ fort.

WvWvW i really like to get rid of those vista’s in PVP. why? well i dont feel like hmmm 100% map completion or help people out? My believe those things are at home in the PVE world.

More puzzles like the madking tower. was supar awesome even i died like alot of times.
Maybe with a boss chasing you and you have to be on time to hit a switch or something.. only 1 has to make it for the group to succeed.

Ingame support like GM’s who can offer first aid help. might help you also in the loads of petitions people write on the forums.

Think of a way the need of the guild except in PVP / WvWvW. PVE doesnt need much need of a guild. maybe larger groups for dungeons may help.

Need for a special prize at the end when you make it.
You know people want a little grind imho. the need why they need to goto those dungeons.

Stats of the legendary.. make em one time adjusteble. like you did in the old GW. you could reset your stats and clik on a arrow up and down to adjust it a little. and make the legendary a little beter then the Excotics. And maybe also Legendary armour.
Who doesnt want to look cool and have a good looking sword to kill with it in the progress.

I dont know if it is there. but day light cycle? weather cycle?
Would be fun eh? in the winter you can run over the river while in the summer its time to get your shorts on and swim.

I think i have anough idea’s for now. again thanks for so far and i know you guys are busy to make this even beter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mort.7536

Mort.7536

allow players to show own names, I did 100% map and got a fancy star and a title, but I can’t see it myself, only others, and I would like to be able to

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Some Pk Maps or some PK Systems.

Map completion + or Story completion =reward something better like a presecutor of your choise.

Put karma npcs that sells some remodels for armors and weapons.
Karma or normal npc that sells presecutors: For example 250 wvw badges x amount of gold and x amount of karma.

More custom characters designs options when you create one , like , fat and custom voices. and anothers styles of hairs and faces i see a lot of people beign the same face and body….
For example i want my Human to be a fat guardian with a funny voice.(that will atrack a lot of people)

Tiket to Remodel your character.
Tiket to Change the sex of your character.

Add more Weapons remodels and armors remodels on Gem store or via npcs of karma or normal.

Add Weapons skins of some events like halloween staff Gs Bows etc to the gem store.
for limited time.

Put some recipe to craft x presecutors insted of grindfest.

New random drops froms 80 levels mobs.

Some Fame systems.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Em Jaeh.3870

Em Jaeh.3870

I would really love to see a change in the way AoE skills target. I don’t like to use my mouse all the time, and have stayed away from playing professions where a lot of ground targetting is used. I do like the idea that you can choose where to cast but I would love to see it snap to your target and then give you the chance to move if you want to. The fastcast ground target sucks because it’s based on where your mouse is, rather than casting at your currents target.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polde.4570

Polde.4570

Hello all dev.,

I have one suggestion to save many mouse clicks on the world. If it is possible to implement one click to open all bags. For example if i have 250 bags i must click 500 times to open them all. So please consider it to implement on right click open all bags.

BR,,
Matija

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

The only suggestion I have is instead of making the asura gates a must if you want to travel from one city to another, make the waypoints free, but only between cities. This cuts out the loading times of LA, then running to the asura gate that has your destination on the other side.

It’d also be extremely helpful for those who live in hotter climates, or their computer runs warm, their case doesn’t breathe well, etc. to really cut down on those loading screens!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fekumpu.8193

Fekumpu.8193

hello! my issues are following. dodging why is it there? you can only dodge 2 times and then it starts loading what leads dying like hundred times before you can use it again so change it so you can use it more often or take out the stamina system permanently. this previous is connected to ranged fighters and another issue is the ranged system all together. it is impossible to fight ranged battles with lousy armors, it always ends up running away at the battle whitch results enemy getting his/her health back to 100%. and there you cant fight those anyway beacuse moving dosent help you at all they hit you no matter what you are doing in the field and enemy can hit you behind objects and thats not fair beacuse i cant hit anybody behind objects.
why is there those weapon stats in weapons? it says you give damage 200-250 and actually it takes only 10. i dont get that. just put there an green arrow pointing upwards so people just knows that they have gotten better weapon.
and why some enemies die more easily with different weapons that give same amount of damage. i have this ranger that gives 30 -40 damage per strike and it takes abaut 10-15 hits to kill enemy and after i switch to sword it gives that same amaunt of damage but the same enemy dies after 5-10 strikes wierd? i understand that level downing system its good but why does it effect armours and weapons too? thats something you should fix too. please give some overpowering feeling in lover level areas and let us keep our weapon and armor points intact when we enter different areas. only lover those level based stats so you can have eaven little feeling that you have actually done something in the game. these are my issues and fixing eaven something would make my game experience much better. thank you for grate game and continue being grate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aiwe.8371

Aiwe.8371

Sorry i dont have time to read all.

-Make stealth player dont allow to tag the capture zone in WvW

-Make a stealth debuff that prevent to become stealth again sooner(prevent to combine many stealth to become 100% time stealth)
exemple : you stealth 3sec, you have to wait 3sec to become stealth again.
you stealh 8sec, you have to wait 8sec to become stealth again.

-Make possible to buy advanced guards, caster, archers, warriors, and thiefs who can see stealth players and attack them. (number slot depending of the upgrade lvl)

-Any offensive skill should break stealth, so, stomp should break too.

-Make advanced guards pop when a server has the low pop buff, to help defense.

-Make ae skills hit/buff everyone, dont limit at 5 players, its so stupid.

-Add a command that allow to face quickly your target (ally, enemy), and a better assist system.

-Dont allow a player to rally himself just because someone else die, its totaly stupid, “i am on the floor, almost dead, bleeding, and oh, one enemy is dead, now i am fine i can run and fight again !”
Another exemple : Green player fighting Blue player, Blue player down on the floor, Red player inc, fight Green player, and kill him, Blue player Rally !!! so stupid.
On the floor, only rez skills, should rally (self rez, help from allies, rez skills)

-In WvW, add a cast time on the teleport, and not only to be out of fight, actually you just have to run, and instantly teleport safe !

Thanks for reading, and hope some ideas will help to improve this game.

(edited by Aiwe.8371)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brand.6124

Brand.6124

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Human-Racial-Skills

Please see this link for my suggestion on changing 2 of the human racial skills. The change would be awesome, and useful. Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I recently posted the following post here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Idea-The-Pigeons-of-WvW-and-the-Defenders-of-the-Keep/first#post647444

And I would love feedback!

- Intro

WvW is often an information battle that can be rather opaque for some servers, guilds, or just weekend warriors. This thread is an idea thread meant to bring reduce the impact of WvW’s biggest barrier to entry which is a distinct lack of information.

The question on most players mind when entering a WvW map is: “Where is everyone? Where should I be? How can I be effective?” All these questions can be answered with information!

- The Status Quo

Currently in WvW we have a mini map with Commander Icons, and if you’re close to other players, green dots on a mini map. This is hardly graceful and players in the south of a map will have to ask in /team, /map or /guide for information. The same applies to a mumble server: “Where is everyone?”

- Why the Status Quo Might be Important

Organization should be rewarded, but I firmly believe that everyone well have more fun if more organizational tools are available to all players of GW2 via in the in-game client. My idea could be seen as “rewarding casuals” or some other line of thought, but for the serious business guilds and groups on Mumble etc, this will only amplify your presence on the battlefield, so read on!

- Pigeon Power! Wait, what?

My idea is based around a Personnel Tier 2 upgrade that can be built at Towers, Keeps and Castles. The upgrade would be a called something like a Carrier Pigeon Roost (or some cuter animal) that offers everyone on their current WvW map some information. This upgrade could EASILY be rolled into an existing T2 Personnel Upgrade. Namely, how many friendly bodies are in a given Tower, Keep or Castle’s immediate vicinity. Please refer to the attached graphic.

It is important to note that numbers are represented as “1+, 5+, 10+, 15+” etc. This way exact counts have to be done by hand.

- I Hate Pigeons and Want Them to Die

Carrier Pigeon Roosts would be exposed and able to be laid to siege in much the same manner as Burning Oil is currently. The Roost would have roughly the same highpoints as Burning Oil. Invaders could siege the Roost and deny defenders their precious airborne information if the Roost is fully destroyed, but hopefully not before more defenders arrive to protect their precious birds! Destroyed Roosts would regenerate in the same manner that destroyed cannons and oil do. Aka, you will need to rebuild with supply!

- Keeps are Better Than Towers If You’re a Bird

But it is no paradise! Keeps offer the Roost protection from invaders but not from expert trebuchet fire, or if Invaders have breached the outer walls!

- Wait, These Pigeons Will Make Turtles Out of Us All!

The Roost upgrade does give more power to defensive play, and that can be a bad thing, however, in order to counter-balance this possible upgrade (that can be removed) commanders would be able to represent a rough number of fellow combatants in their local area of influence in a modest 2,000 radius. If there was a need for a limit a suggested three commanders at a single time could use this buff. First come first served.

- Time, Time is on the Defenders Side and the Sticky Spy Issue

Now having real-time head counts will not work. It would be confusing, hard on the server and prone sabotage from WvW server hopping spies! In order to counteract this effect the pigeons would only be able to fly so fast. All number counts would be updated every minute give or take ten seconds. This would apply to Towers etc as well as the Commander with the numbers count active. This gives a not so realtime understanding of the battlefield. If information is critical (or critical that it be hidden) then players, /team and Mumble will always be the best way to up to date information!

- Your Graphics are Ugly, and I Hate You

This is a mock up idea that I would appreciate your positive feedback or constructive criticisms on. The attached picture is only to aid in understanding and is rather rough.

- Too Long!

A Personnel Upgrade that allows semi real-time information on the map screen about defensive player head-counts around Towers, Keeps and Castles. Commanders could have an “offensive” not so real-time headcount in order to counteract this defensive advantage.

If you have any questions please ask, I will be happy to clarify my thinking. If this thread needs to be moved to Suggestions, I will understand but I wanted the WvW community to see it and a lot of WvW types read WvW religiously.

Thanks for reading!

Mock up image hosted externally: http://i.imgur.com/jOhqo.jpg

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Volsung the Slain.5132

Volsung the Slain.5132

please bring back the option of going into 1st person view. I think this will be very helpful for some jumping puzzles and fights that take place in tight areas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

My suggestion is to change the settings during dialogue cutscenes to respect the “display helmet” and “display shoulders” settings.

In other words, if I want to see my character’s cool helmet, or if I don’t want to see my character’s ugly shoulder paddings, I should also be able to do so during dialogue cutscenes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ranzou.7123

Ranzou.7123

my suggestion is to add more back accessories, we need more like shields, puppet, wings.. a cool mantle or scarf behind our back..

Now you see me, soon you won’t

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rich.9503

Rich.9503

With less people playing these days solo play is becoming the norm so i suggest a few changes to make solo play more enjoyable and less frustrating.

*Improve the healing skills, healing power, or add healing potions.
*When down-levelled increase the level change to 4 levels higher than the area mobs or maintain toughness and armour stats from the original character level.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meszarlock.4783

Meszarlock.4783

Hello again:P
So lets get started:P

Suggestion 1:. There sever post about giving necromancer greatsword sounds neat and all ( i was thinking the same before ) but Lets think about it a bit why would a necromancer would go swinging a big sword? O_o so there isa solution i just thiking up maybe sounds stupid and in some cases maybe not even works out.

So i think There should bea Proffesion based Weapons at least 1 i mean every proffesion should get 1 weapon that no other proffs can use , Like Necromancer real scythe , Mesmer like mirror or something , warrior club like weapon like the etins have i know the hammer has nice abilitys and i love quite lot (rough idea) Rangers get something like well uhm thats hard to think :| well like isaid not working in many cases but we are talking about arenanet if they consider something like this in the near future they maybe even have great ideas too.

Suggestion2:. i suggest getting few only underwater spells maybe sound weird but if we think about it its not that bad diea i mean ican use well in underwater that pretty much sux :’( and cant use Bullet train Flesh golem either.

Suggestion3:.
i think this is a great idea Everyone know Ac kohler can be skipped and few others to in other dungeons too , so it would be wise to give the chest 10-20 tokens and i think for most of the ppl worth it to get that much even if u count if there is 4 bosses u can get 80 token or an entirely different tokens for defeating bosses.

in Suggestions

Posted by: shalloweag.3256

shalloweag.3256

Is there a compiled/curated list of suggestions?

• In WvW (and PvE, why not) have a compact list of objectives, similar to the difference between normal and simple party UI. Also just be static, without the collapse/expand objectives/information.
  • Tone down or remove the attention getting animations, such as the “New event nearby” text in the centre of the screen as you move around the map, or when an event completes and shows the reward it’ll disappear briefly without you needing to clear it, or combined with the simple objective display, just be a bar you need to click.

Less of a suggestion, more general pondering is whether you could have more guidance and objectives in WvW. I’m not so much thinking of this in terms of rewarding the player with money/karma/etc, but more towards informing players what needs to be done (and educating new players about the mode) and vaguely about motivation towards things that will help the team.

• Renown hearts for capturable locations in WvW maps, or a ‘notice board’ of things that will help out. For example, a player could get some form of notice that they need to capture supply camps and escort dolyaks to that fort, buying upgrades, building siege (at a fort?), repairing, etc.
  • Players would get some form of acknowledgement for each ‘objective’ completed.
    I guess this is venturing into uncertain territory, and the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic rewarding. A little nudge towards what people should do without being told, maybe even as an optional ‘WvW guide’ mode you have to talk to an NPC at each location to activate. I feel actions that benefit your team need something in return (although fort upgrades can be a cash-sink that the game needs, how about returning part/all of the player investment when the upgrade completes as motivation to see it through), although more towards the player psychology direction than something they would do for economic benefit, more of a pat on the back than cash in your pocket.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

Please add “Fishing” to the game. Among other things I would love to hook those rare chest keys that must be in ponds, lakes, or in fish belly as seen how rare they are

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I would like to suggest changing how the weapon/armor stat descriptors work with transmutation stones. If I transmute a carrion armor piece to a berserker set, it shouldn’t carry over the ‘carrion’ portion of the name.

It changes with runes, so why not transmutation stones?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CihandaR.2395

CihandaR.2395

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/New-profession-Wizard-Arcanist/first Here you can read about a class and how it could be implemented to the current world. It is about wizard/arcanist class and its story how they come in Tyra or what they already did etc. There are plenty stories written. I have more ideas but space is limited to 5000words.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zokol.5439

zokol.5439

I think it would be awesome if you could do a window in game called “Events” which everyone could access and know what events are occurring at that momment and be able to see how many time left for a specific event to start. Also it would be good if there was a button saying “Travel to the nearest Waypoint” (if the nearest isn’t unlocked yet, teleports to the nearest unlocked).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

More non-violent events would be nice. Profession specific events would be great! There’s not a lot to do with the various crafting professions after they’re leveled.

Cooking contest events, maybe restaurant-needs-help DEs. Chefs can cook, non-chefs can serve, take orders. Artificers can mix drinks!

Dance-party events, see how many PCs can get their groove on.

Could PCs step in for trainers in their profession when the trainers need to take a lunch break? Number of students with stupid questions scales with number of PCs available.

There’s all kinds of things that can be added to the dynamic event framework that don’t involve hitting/spelling things until they stop moving.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raven.9016

Raven.9016

Hi!

I have wishes for Game Improvement

1: I would like to have a clock that is visible in the game!

2: I would like to have dual Traits ! with a single click so you can shift when playing PVP or as normal you klick back Gaming !
ps. very good options!!

3: The Trading Post will be able to
see the preview of the Armor and Weapon in what you should buy

Thanks for a great game , I really love it ! ) hope later it released expaion

/Tony Sweden

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

A feature I would really like to see brought into gw2 would have to be the name changes like the first one had in the stores… because like most people who had locked names during the first month or two, got irritated that they made all the available character slots leveled them up high and dont want to restart them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: twwizzie.3842

twwizzie.3842

Range reducement for Trebuche in wvw its becomming Trebzwars instead of pvp Guildwars.

Autoloot in wvw guess that is written down for sure but just makeing sure

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moriel.1843

Moriel.1843

Suggestion: Make the login window show the number of megabytes remaining instead of number of giles remaining when a client update is being downloaded. That would be much more informative and allow people to get a better idea of how mucmh longer it will take to complete the download.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayden.3085

Jayden.3085

One suggestion I have is having a better game flow within the game, ie: tips or something about who you should go talk to / what to look out for.

During the Halloween event I found a lot of it difficult to follow and found myself having to refer to wiki or some other site to figure out where to go to start an event chain.

While wiki and other sites make good resources, it is ultimately taking you out of the experience of the game. You want us to immerse ourselves into the game, yet in order to proceed we have to switch to a different screen.

Biggest issue is Jumping Puzzles… It would be nice if some kind of marker could be put in to indicate where the beginning of a jumping puzzle is. I would say about 90% of the jumping puzzles in the game go completely by because no one knows they are there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mikecoby.8143

Mikecoby.8143

Look, I know this HAS already been talked about in the forums, but I don’t want to sit around, find it and then see they still haven’t done anything about it so I’m going to post a NEW forum! Sorry, but don’t troll about that. I’m bringing it to their attention, again. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I get it, you don’t want a healer classes to be needed so EVERYONE can enjoy the game solo or form parties where certain classes aren’t needed. This way everybody can just get all these dps classes together, smash and click buttons, and have a mindless good ol’ time. ^ (The reason you grds and wars have no voke and there is no healing mage and or weapon whatsoever, if you don’t already know that.) Understandable. But, did you know, you’re leaving out players that enjoy that class the MOST?

Probably, which is why I may not be playing this game much longer. Shame too, because other than these two failures, I could see myself playing this game the most, buying a LOT of gem and you would be sure to make a lot more money off me.

Yours Truly,
ALL mmo main healers and tanks <3

P.S
I attached a picture of content similar to what I’m asking for. Please make something like it. Hey, maybe even just a little weapon?

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azzrael Deathbane.4965

Azzrael Deathbane.4965

I too have added this into the normal forum, however, as half the population is posting onto that forum, some comments go un-noticed.

I would really love to see asura one handed weapons strapped to the backs of the toons (like the 2h greatsword for example). this way, you will eliminate weapon size issues. It also makes sense considering the size of these toons

“Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gugus.1462

Gugus.1462

I too have added this into the normal forum, however, as half the population is posting onto that forum, some comments go un-noticed.

I would really love to see asura one handed weapons strapped to the backs of the toons (like the 2h greatsword for example). this way, you will eliminate weapon size issues. It also makes sense considering the size of these toons

Also, it would look so much cooler having two one-handed weapons crossed (like this X. Oh well. I guess you guys know what a cross is, too. ) over the back.

My suggestion (even though it is more of a petition): More riddles! Secret stuff, hidden randomly in the world! For example, an old man telling you that there’s a gate to the catacombs at location xyz. Once you get there you meet an adventurer who tells you that he found out that the key which will open the gate was lost after the ship which carried the keeper of the key went shipwreck. Now you would go treasure hunting until you eventually find the key somewhere in a shipwreck in front of the shores of Orr. Which enables you to open the gate… And so on.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.