Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zylo.6597

Zylo.6597

Allow for 2 or 3 sets of utility sets

I kinda switch alot between different sets of utility skill and would be nice to create sets to quickly change

Friends notification

Allow us to get a small popup or notification when one of our friends come online

in Suggestions

Posted by: Venator.5780

Venator.5780

Suggestions in no particular order – many of which have been repeated above:

• Waypoint Costs: Currently too high – feels like a tax when trying to play with low level friends.
  • Character Selection: Hide Helm/Shoulders if they’re hidden in the character sheet.
  • Tooltips: Add math/numbers/totals.
  • Underwater Combat: Isn’t fun, I feel weak to the extent that I’d rather drag the mob onto land every time.
  • In-Game Support: Option to “use current map location” to specifically point out invisible boulders as well as places likely to put you under the world. Likewise an option to note the current DE location/stage as problematic/bugged.
  • ESC Button: Don’t cause it to have your character stop running – just cancel target if there is one, and pull up the menu if not.
  • Clicking on Corpses: Let us click on a corpse even if we’ve already clicked on one – change the corpse target on click.
  • Player Level: Display the actual level when downranked.
  • Dungeons: Graveyard zerging sucks.

(edited by Venator.5780)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cayote.9318

Cayote.9318

A Little list of things I would like to change for guilds.

• Show message of the day as a welcome message in chat when players log in.
  • When editing the message of the day, make it so that it’ll show the previous one so you don’t have to type everything again.
  • Make it easier for people in chat to see which people are leaders/commanders/officers etc. and make it so that leaders can select which group shows what indication. as for indication a simple star would be nice, gold star, silver star, bronze star, just so people know who their dealing with (have had a lot of people in our guild who just didn’t know which people were which rank)
  • Officer/high rank chat, Make a custom chat box in which only people of a certain rank can chat and see in, also make it possible to choose which ranks can do so.
  • Guild Capes!
  • Last online/Last Represent, We like to keep an active group.
  • Let leaders see how much influence a person got for the guild.
  • When sorting players on online-offline don’t show Invited first.
    When sorting players on rank maybe let the leaders make a ranking?
  • Guild chat mute, for the people who just don’t want to kick, but don’t want to speak to them either, and a nice punishment.
  • Make Complaint(?) Have an options so that other guild members can make a complaint for another guild member, and that these are send to guild leaders? We often have people who are just plain rude to someone, or start spamming and other stuff, but there are not allways officers or leaders online, having something like this would be great.
  • Guild Hall

(still working on it!)

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Character: Cayote The Brute
Guild: Legends of Sacred Light [LSL]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bummzorz.6437

Bummzorz.6437

Duels
This has been suggested about five times in this thread already, but I would like to go into a little more detail other than just “I want duels”.
TL;DR version:

• New location added to the Mists as part of the lobby map (see listing towards end of post for details)
  • Duel requests are only allowed in this new location
  • 5 second countdown before match starts
  • When dueling, all players who aren’t an opponent should disappear from view
  • Forced into permanent combat mode while dueling
  • Player leaving the location while dueling has ~10 seconds to return or lose the duel
  • Falling into the Mists counts as losing the duel

I participated in some duels that broke out during sPvP matches, and it became apparent that the flowing, parkour-esque style of combat in GW2 could provide much more than just simply dueling in the open. For the duels, we had to come up with places that were out of the way so we could avoid interruptions from other non-dueling players in the match. These locations were:

• Kyhlo – Top of the clock tower
  • Capricorn – Entire ship
  • Niflhel – Common area between the two spawn points (southern part of map)
  • Foefire – One of the team bases after clearing out the NPCs

The Foefire and Niflhel locations are basically wide open (flat and boring) places to duke it out, but the Kyhlo and Capricorn areas were great.

The roof of Kyhlo presented interesting use of LOS thanks to its extremely steep angle. In some duels, a player would take the high ground, knockback their opponent, and use it offensively. Others used it defensively and utilized the additional time to reacquire LOS for recovery.

In Capricorn, the ship deck is much smaller than the open areas of Niflhel and Foefire, and possibly even than Kyhlo roof. The ship created some fun cat-and-mouse situations thanks to having both an upper and lower deck. The ship interior had some really melee intensive fights, whereas the deck provided a more open environment. The hall between the decks was perfect for LOS tactics and could turn a losing battle into a winning one with a well executed retreat.

Not only were the Kyhlo and Capricorn locations far more fun to duel in than Forefire and Niflhel, it was more fun to watch the duels since it was more than just trading attacks on a flat surface.

Ahead of time we had agreed not to knock anyone off the roof of Kyhlo or the deck of the ship in Capricorn, due to other players and sharks. We had a few from each team on bouncer duty to take care of anyone interfering and actually trying to play the match (lol). This leads to my suggestion: a designated dueling area within the Mists.

In my opinion, this location should be in a lowered area of the Mists, or behind one of the Mists walls. I would prefer having this be in a lowered area so it won’t be essentially hidden from players, causing it to go unused. One side of the area should have a single staircase to exit, and the rest should just fall into the Mists. The reasoning for the staircase is to prevent players from accidentally running out of the dueling area since that is the only exit, and to prevent people from forcing a timeout via mass CC. Falling into the Mists is an obvious threat and I feel it will be naturally avoided, so it should automatically cause that player to lose the duel. The new location should be large enough to allow 3-4 duels happening simultaneously and have some of the following:

• Interior areas such as houses, corridors
  • Objects within some of the interiors that block movement, but not LOS, and must be jumped over
  • Walls with staircases leading up at different locations that can be fought upon/knocked down from. The wall itself should have areas to walk through, but the top should be contiguous like WvW fort walls
  • An underwater area with small water surface area for entry points, so time spent swimming on the surface is minimized. Example: something like a sewer pipe/manhole/well leading to a large underwater reservoir
  • Multi-level structures like the ship in Capricorn
  • A tower high enough to kill a player if they fall. Climbing the tower should be mostly interior with a few exits that have a ledge for sniping/booting people out of the tower. The top should be fully opened and slightly larger than the Waterfall capture point in Foefire, so there is a little leeway in being kicked off, but not much.
  • Gaps large enough so they can only be crossed with a gap closer. These should be easily accessible if unable to make the gap. Example: staircase leading to Mansion in Kyhlo
  • Some of the large gaps should have interiors below them. Example: leap from a large wall to the roof of a house, with the house having an interior
  • Some of the large gaps should have an interior on one or both sides. Example: leap from the roof of a house to a tower entrance
  • A large open area for those who prefer a more traditional style of dueling

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

Trading Post – I would like an account option ‘Confirm Trading Post Orders’ that I can toggle on/off. Sometimes the BUY/SELL buttons “stick” in the depressed state during heavy traffic/lag. I have, on several occasions, pressed the button AGAIN thinking my first order failed to go through and the result was a double or triple order. An optional confirmation popup would alleviate this.

Dynamic Event Content – I would like some kind of DE gauge or meter that would allow me to get a sense of how much of the DE content I have completed in the zone. This one may be hard to implement but it would be a very helpful cue for me to seek out DE content that I may have overlooked.

Recipes – Some non-soulbound and openly tradeable recipes produce items that are soulbound on acquire (SOA). This makes very little sense to me as any items you produce can only be used on the character creating them.

(edited by Phibes.4128)

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’d like to offer a suggestion regarding vendor sold crafting recipes, especially those that cost karma. If you already have the recipe learned it would be really nice if the vendors would either at least have the recipe grayed out or even better not offer you that recipe again. With recipes being character bound when purchased it’s disappointing to accidentally buy the wrong one then be basically hosed.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

Please allow character-specific keybinds. It would be most helpful for someone like me who uses keybinds extensively.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkdelusions.2193

darkdelusions.2193

Please Add more Filters to the Trading Post for Armor like

1) heavy, medium, light
2) The ability to look for gear with a certain stat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeemag.1024

Zeemag.1024

Targets should be selected on mouse left click up instead of left click down. I’m frequently losing my attack target because when clicking down to rotate my camera my cursor is over a different enemy or ally. This is notorious in WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

For the art department, I wouldn’t mind seeing a version of Velvet Hose called Velvet Skirt. The name change implying what needs to be dropped from that particular version. Everything else about it is great. The skirt is a nice fullness and length. I like the separation in the pattern for coloring. I just don’t like the ‘hose’ part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravien Coromana.4792

Ravien Coromana.4792

1: Selective Dye reseting
2: Dying weapons.
3: Syncronicity of dye slots between armor types (ex: primary is always primary, details is always details)
4: In-game reachable GMs for urgent (blocking progress or “that $#!& %*#&ed up”) issues. Best example is reseting glitched dynamics, or fixing the only growing issue of story quest skips.
5: Auto-vendor items after a 15-min gap if the seller puts it up for <Vendor price after listing fee, and give them the money. It’s annoying to those of us who actually want to sell on the auction house, as I’m mostly sure that 40,000 pieces of butter weren’t put up on the TP for 2c by people who are actually using the TP. (yes, I’m screaming bot here) If you want a higher level example – any jeweler craft item.

1. is extremely important

(edited by Ravien Coromana.4792)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Peter.8659

Peter.8659

Here’s mines: have a toggle mouselook option. I’ve set up the game in such a way, that I dedicate my mouse for camera control only. I rarely, if ever, need to actually click on anything outside of the UI. So I would very much like the ability to have it on toggle, instead of holding down the right mouse button all day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraph.8315

Seraph.8315

…toggle mouselook option….

This please! My hand will thank you for the lack of cramping.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Nothing is more frustrating than slowing down when a horde of enemies are chasing you. There is no logical reason for this and it’s just not fun. It’s also the only thing I don’t like in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Codex.8513

Codex.8513

ABOUT THE DOWN STATE!
Give us an option when browsing the pvp servers to either join the ones that have it enabled or disabled(down state). This way you will make a lot of people happy. I myself hate down state as it slows down the game horribly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaert.8142

Xaert.8142

I’m not sure about this, but it appears downscaling of item stats is not being done according to the item’s lvl, but the player’s lvl. This leads to players being unnecessarily nerfed when using underlvl’d gear (which will happen when you quest with lower lvl friends, which I think is something you shouldn’t be discouraging in such a fashion)

For me personally, this is making it undesirable to lvl in a lower area, since I’m going to be behind on gear which will negatively impact my downscaling. I’m more inclined to just stick to my own lvl and farm stuff to craft new gear, rather than jump into a lower lvl area with my friends. A bit of a pity.

Part of this is also caused by the fact that higher lvl crafting items only drop in higher lvl areas, which I think is fine, but this is a consequence of that choice. I personally wouldn’t mind if the “bags” drops yielded more character lvl dependent rewards, such as everything up to and including the tier of crafting resources available to a character of that level.

On a different note. Make it so the Left-CTRL does NOT spam a skill to chat. I want to be able to hold it, look around, and click a skill while holding it. Shift already covers the linking to chat, so I’m not sure why Left-CTRL also does this, and even worse: auto-spams it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Oh, the Suggestions topic finally! I’ve been waiting for this…

Though I’m enjoying the game GREATLY, and I really mean it, it’s one of the best game I’ve played so far and one I wanted to play BADLY, even though I didn’t play GW1 and didn’t knew about.

I began having an interest after watching the interviews with the developers about their views about gaming and how they were developing GW2. That hooked me up instantly, when I thought “If they manage this, the game’s going to be awesome”.
It is better than I imagined mostly, but there a few details I wish were better! So here’s my suggestions:

• I enjoy the exploration incentive this game has, though it was a surprise to find out the jumping puzzles weren’t intended at first – even though I think they add GREATLY to the world content.
    Though there are rewards, I wish there were more of this. Think of the Ultima games or Skyrim for example, where a player (at least I do) thinks “Wow, what a huge world, what can I find there or over there?”
    Jumping puzzles are great, but there could be dungeons (non-instanced even), legendary/rare monsters, and even more secrets to uncover! Would look more RPGish also.
  • Queensdale was awesome, when I followed the bandits after the event in the bridge for example, and discovered that little hut with the bandit’s hideout underground. That adds to the experience overall, creating a… valid, believable world.
    Though there are a few events that breaks this, like the one where you have to search for separatists in Ebonhawke, you simply… knock on the doors that are clickable, and a separatist appear in front of you? That felt so… shallow and gamish.
    I was expecting something like the Story Event of searching the house of the minister, adds more thought (what to look for?), choices (should I enter this house? Or that door? Which way I go?) and is ultimately more fun.
  • When I created the character, I thought “I wonder if I can choose a voice too…”
    Though I think this will probably be impossible since it seems so much more work than any other change (like dubbing all voice actions from the story and animations), but if you have the resources to spare, it’d be a nice addition, allowing for even more character customization.
    Speaking of character customization, how about an animation studio? Some ingame config where you can choose between some animations for the emotes you can use (and also a list of these emotes!).
    For example, I don’t like how the Human Female laughs (so un-lady like imo) or sit (so lady like exaggerated). Having an option to a few different animation options would be great, even more for those who like RPing.

[continue]

in Suggestions

Danicco.3568

[continued]

• Events are awesome ideas. Much better than questing, though at some point at the game (around 40) I felt like I was… grinding. Quests at first were also “Oh wow, that’s so much better than killing endless monsters over and over!”, but today they’re boring as hell.
    Why? I think it’s because they’re repetitive and were simply made for the purpose of grinding, making players go through that content just because they need something to spend their time at.
    Events are definitely better since you feel more immersion, they are dynamic (to an extent) and since they’re different from each other, they don’t feel repetitive. Though at some point, a heart event that was “Kill X monsters, collect Y, save Z” felt repetitive… maybe removing some of these repetitive ones when they feel too much, and add others with different actions?
    In Queensdale and another start areas they have some unique events, such as “Train with the soldiers” (sword attacking, blocking and shooting). They just felt like an unique experience (even though some might not have enjoyed it, it was a different one that killing/collecting/saving).
  • For the 80s who want some sort of endgame content, and for all players in general, how about the creation of an “adventure” system? With my suggestion #1, and a world full of secret caves, areas, far-away and hidden treasures, you could have some people join together (or solo) to do an “adventure”.
    Like your character getting an in-game job (optional, of course) of fighting some monsters who are attacking town X (dynamic event happening), or looking for an ancient treasure at map Y (hidden cave or puzzle to be done to get it), and on.
  • Also, maps/places with monsters/challenges a bit harder that people wouldn’t be able to complete by themselves, thus requiring the work of a guild, or if you’re solo, to follow a guild or others steps.
    Like if in Orr (I haven’t discovered the entire map yet), an army of Risen were to fought an army of NPCs, and the NPCs would lose without player’s intervention, losing ground in the place, and taking some time to get the army again to take it back. If successful, players would have easier access to places rich in nodes and/or treasures (repeatable), that would otherwise be so full of Risen that they couldn’t get near.
    Or giant bosses, etc…

Just a few ideas, I know none of these are currently bugs or missing features in the game today, but are ideas I think would make the game more interesting. The type of game you could get a bunch of your friends online, and say “So, what are we doing today?” and having a bunch of adventures, events, dungeons, monsters to fight, treasures to find, and places to explore.
The kinda of RPG experience I’d expect from a great D&D session!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

Styles:
Using styles now is very clunky:
1) if you want to collect many it will require a lot of inventory/bank space
2) the mechanism is lossy, because in the process the object from where the style is taken will be destroyed, and the original style that we override on the target item is lost forever as well.

Change the system to:
- TL;DR: like as for inks but requires transmutation stones
- Have a tab for storing styles, a place aside normal inventory or bank space.
- Styles can be collected by wearing it the for the 1st time, this will soulbind the item to the character.
- Style tab will be very ordered like the collectibles bank tab
- Once collected a style will need a transmutation stone to be applied like it is required now
- The process will not be lossy or destructive, because the style collected will not be destroyed, but it can be applied infinitely (as long as transmutation stones are available) and the original style of the item we override can be stored in the styles tab.
- Styles tab are per character
- TL;DR bis (echo effect): like as for inks but requires transmutation stones

Inks:
When we select an ink, it should be possible to preview the effect on the gear parts which would be affected by the change just by rolling the mouse over the small rectangles of each item, before actually applying it

Ground Targeted skills
To improve visibility and usability when activating such abilities they should work diffently, maybe a press and hold till positioning, and then fire it at release.
E.g.:
- when the key is first pressed have a nice and visible way to find where your pointer is on the screen, or just reset its position in the very centre of it, because in the hot of battle it goes often MIA and takes ages to find before even positioning it :)
- hold the key down pressed till the user position the pointer
- when the key is finally released the skill is actually fired

(edited by MrNobody.4357)

in Suggestions

Danicco.3568

Oh, a few suggestions about the gameplay which could be enhanced…

• I like to play the game with the camera 1 zoom (1 mousewheel turn) away from the character. To see everything nearly as the character does, but with the camera near like this I’ve two issues: The damage doesn’t appear in screen sometimes (they appear above the monster’s head, which isn’t always on screen) and my damage/heals/combos, which appear on my foot (which are really near the bottom of the screen).
    They could at least be adjustable or be fixed to show in screen always.
    The second issue is when fighting huge champion monsters and some skill causing massive earthquake issues in the screen. It gets me dizzy to the point I must zoom out so the effect diminishes, even though I’d want to see what is happening to the monster (or it’s foot) closer.
  • Preview in the TP, like alot of posters already did.
  • More Town Clothing please?
  • A skin-apply only item, not a transmute. Like if I really like an armor (say, the Cultural) and want to apply it’s skin to another armor I think it’s better. Currently, I could transmute and LOSE my Cultural Armor (ugh).
    Something I could just apply skin from Armor A to Armor B (could be something players could craft maybe? From the respective armor crafters), and also that I could easily return the armors to their original skin. (Same for Weapons)
  • Make Torches and other light-source weapons/effects/armor lighter in dark places. I carry a Torch on my Guardian when a place’s really dark, but the effect is so minimal that I can usually only see where I’m stepping. Just a little more to see a bit ahead would be awesome for caves and such. (I don’t want to use the gamma trick)
  • More content!

Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: HomelessHank.2659

HomelessHank.2659

Here’s my suggestion;

The ability to deposit and withdraw Karma from your personal bank.

The reason I think this would be a good idea, is right now after a player gets a full set of exotic gear, there is generally nothing to buy with karma. This means an end-game player is stacking up karma that probably for the most part won’t be used at all, if karma could be deposited into the personal bank, then saved up karma from a main-character could be used to help gear an alt with a few pieces of level 80 exotics once they get to level 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panacea.4927

Panacea.4927

I didnt read all suggestions, so I’m not aware if that one was already suggested.

A option to save trait combinations
With every 10 points into a trait line you are able to choose one trait to tailor your build more to your need, but often you have to change this build and adapt your char to special needs which might occur.
It is rather annoying to search all traits and take the ones you need and later change it back again, a set of trait combinations which you can save and switch to it out of combat would make things much easier.

For example:
Your normal build helps you at your normal solo play and at clearning non unshakeable mobs in instances. Lets say for that you need in traitline 1 the traits:
VI
IV
IX

Maybe you now have a fight which requires you to blind the mobs more often, or you want to switch to a more supportive role, if you want to do that you need to change your traits to lets say:
I
VII
X

But for that you have to search every trait and select it. It can be abit annoying to change your setup with that, as you need to search every trait quick. To solve that the set would safe the combinations you have choosen. Selecting the set changes your trait fast so you can switch to special roles on the fly.
Of course resetting your traits means you lose all safed trait combinations.

As it is rather a option to spare time and for your own comfort, I even think that you can buy sets slots in the cashshop.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syreas.8403

Syreas.8403

-Implement weapon dyeing. This has been said before, and I will say it again. I was honestly surprised to find it missing. I’d love to use a Forest Greatsword, but the color scheme is completely at odds with my armor.
-Implement a plastic surgeon/barber/cosmetician. I’m sure something like this is already on its way, but the sooner the better (if only to shut people like me up about it).
-Buff Healing Spring, one of the Ranger heal skills. At the moment, it heals for a very minimal initial amount—which is fine, except that it appears to only apply regeneration and conditional removal on pulse. While it lasts for a full 15 seconds, perhaps the longest time I’ve seen for a heal skill, its low utility requires allies to stand in its Area of Effect for a long time to reap any kind of meaningful benefit—which is hard to do in Guild Wars 2’s dodge-based combat system. I understand that the field can be combo’d with, and I often fire arrows through it to apply further stacks of regeneration or use Swoop to create a healing burst—but it requires the ally I want to heal to be near my target, which again, is unreliable in a dodge-based system. I would suggest decreasing Healing Spring’s duration and increasing either the intial healing burst or allowing the spring to apply regen/cond-removal each second, instead of on pulse.
-Modify Thieves Guild in PvP. I rarely, if ever, cry “OP”. It’s not the way I like to see the game; however, I would ask for a modification of Thieves Guild. I have few issues with how the skill functions in relation to large-scale fights over control points. However, on a one-versus-one scale, it’s an entire gamechanger. [For reference: I play, mainly, a ranger buffed with a base 50% endurance regeneration, as well as three ways to apply vigor to myself (vigor on heal trait, Lightning Reflexes, vigor on receiving a crit trait). If I focus on escape, I can usually retreat from anywhere up to 4 players tailing me.] I find Thieves Guild remarkably and uniquely difficult to mitigate when you run into a Thief on the outskirts of a map. The Thief NPCs summoned tend to both instantly use Unload—a 6-initiative skill—and it’s not uncommon for their summoner to carry dual pistols as well and use Unload in conjunction with the NPCs. That much incoming ranged damage upon a skill’s immediate activation is difficult to avoid (unless you play a sanctuary guardian, or can dip into death shroud, perhaps). I would ask for something as simple as a reduction in damage from the Thieves; or, a more complex fix, so that only one summoned Thief uses Unload at a time.
-Please implement Guild Halls as soon as possible (lowest priority). As a new guild leader with some 40+ fun, friendly and active players behind me— it’s incredibly frustrating that we have no designated area to meet up. I know that this has been confirmed for implementation in the future, but it would be amazing to see it soon.
-Notifications upon Trading Post transaction completion. Self-explanatory; also listed elsewhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

Mouselook toggle so the game could be played similar way like third person shooters. Giving better control of character while fighting and jumping.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

I know it may not be coming yet, but…

Spearblades, or naginatas, or polearms.

Why?

Amazing war weapons, capable of incredible reach and power at the same time.

While greatswords are generally mobile AoE damage and hammers are static controllers, we can have a more medium mobility AoE damage weapon with some control capabilities. A jack-of-all trades, an in between greatswords and hammers. For that reason, spearblades would be great. They could encompass greataxe skins as well.

(edited by RJMazz.6798)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

Arena Net Team/GW2 Team i would really appreciate it if you look into this and consider it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Blocking/first#post75742

just please read it, its probably the main complain right now coming from players playing a guardian, and its quite logical and reasonable. Thank you

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

Is this thread bugged out for anyone else? since it was moved, it never takes me to the next new post. just to a page for a reply with no thread.

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Treason.8417

Treason.8417

Crafting
What the heck is up with artificing? I chose it because making potions sounds fun; little did I know how boring they would be (% increase in damage against a certain mob). You can do so much more with potions and you chose the most boring possible option. Be creative, make them fun! Potions to change our size, potions to change into things, anyone but what we have now. This is one thing wow does better. Every crafting professions has fun things to make such as mounts, minipets, turning into a pirate/ninja)
This goes beyond artificing to all the professions: all of them should have something fun that should set them apart. Not just weapons and armor. When you implement guild halls or player houses crafters should be the ones making the furniture: chairs, tables, chests, statues, drapes, lamp posts, I can go on and on. And make it so we can color them! Crafters will have more things to make = more resources needed = more money spent. Tada, now we have another gold sink. Everyone wins!

Looking towards the future:
Overtime WoW has refined its quest system to such a high quality that anyone who tries to imitate will fail. Doing quests in vanilla compared to wotlk is day and night. Everything from the variety to the pacing to the story has improved. I hope that Anet refines their dynamic events to the degree that Blizzard has refined their quests.
But other than that DO NOT follow the route in which blizzard took. Blizzard played it so, so safe. It’s embarrassing. From vanilla to cata what did they add?
-More zones to lvl in
-More dungeons
-More raids
-More battlegrounds
-More classes
-More professions
The core content (dungeons and raids) has been the same. The zones are finished quickly and people run the same dungeons and raids over and over People burn out doing the same things with different skin. They finally changed with pandaria by adding farming and pet battles, but by now its too late.

Now lets look at the evolution of FFXI. They added an enormous amount of different content, to varying degrees of success.
-HNM (difficult slow respawning mobs in the open world)
-BCNM (instances with only one fight, bought through items dropped by mobs)
-Sky (large zone full of high lvl mobs and poppable HNMs)
- Dynamis (similar to raids)
-Assault (similar to dungeons)
-Besiege (huge amounts of mobs attack a city, you defend it)
-Nyzul Isle (climb a 99lvl tower, each floor has different requirements to move onto the next)
- Coliseum (pokemon)
-MMM (create your own dungeon)
-And on and on and on

Were some of these implemented poorly? You betcha! But the variety of things to do in endgame was staggering. Everquest 2 took the same route: lots of variety, but some ideas failed.

But one simple fact remains: you will never be able to pump out as much quality content at the rate the players consume it. The answer? Give us some player driven content. Having some sandbox elements allows anet to give some of that burden onto the players. Let us make our own cake and eat it! Maybe allow guilds to create their own dynamic events, or for players to create their own dungeons, or our own houses. Sandbox and Themepark can work together to create a better game!

WvW
Take the three server battlegrounds and separate them further away. Add a huge amount of water around the eternal battleground (which will be in the center). Add boats, water towers, and island castles. Ship warfare would be ridiculously fun. Also, since the map would be so much bigger you could increase the cap of people.

Personally I think wvw should be more permanent and meaningful for the players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Readable books
A minor suggestion really. I love the way Guild Wars 2 handles lore in that it gives you a sense that you have to go out and find it, but when you go to find it all you get are brief overviews and titles of books that npcs can apparently read but you can’t. Please put book items back in the game and make the walls of text that some of us enjoy there if we choose to go after them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I’ve read through all the suggestions so far and wanted to highlight the ones I liked most.
First of all, I agree with all the people suggesting TP preview and more customizable filters.
Then, here are a few less frequent suggestions that I think are very important:

2. (a) Don’t put skills on cooldown if you interrupt your own skill mid-animation without effect- If I interrupt a skill mid-animation with a dodge roll, the skill incurs a very large cooldown (not the full cooldown, but large enough to have a major impact). The skill should obviously undergo the full cooldown if the skill actually had an effect before the interruption took place. However, if the skill is interrupted shortly after the animation start and the skill is not allowed to have any effect then that skill should not incur a cooldown, or have a much shorter cooldown.

(b) Skills should go on full cooldown if interrupted by an opposing player- Converse to the above suggestion, skills should undergo the full cooldown if an opposing player interrupted your skill (as opposed to you yourself interrupting it). The player interrupting the skill blew a cooldown trying to interrupt your key ability, you should not be able to reuse that ability shortly thereafter.

Would love to see Officer/Admin chat for guilds and guild notes.

Show messages for when guild members come online

A Little list of things I would like to change for guilds.

• Show message of the day as a welcome message in chat when players log in.
  • When editing the message of the day, make it so that it’ll show the previous one so you don’t have to type everything again.
  • Make it easier for people in chat to see which people are leaders/commanders/officers etc. and make it so that leaders can select which group shows what indication. as for indication a simple star would be nice, gold star, silver star, bronze star, just so people know who their dealing with (have had a lot of people in our guild who just didn’t know which people were which rank)
  • Last online/Last Represent, We like to keep an active group.
  • Let leaders see how much influence a person got for the guild.
  • When sorting players on online-offline don’t show Invited first.
    When sorting players on rank maybe let the leaders make a ranking?
  • Guild chat mute, for the people who just don’t want to kick, but don’t want to speak to them either, and a nice punishment.
  • Make Complaint(?) Have an options so that other guild members can make a complaint for another guild member, and that these are send to guild leaders? We often have people who are just plain rude to someone, or start spamming and other stuff, but there are not allways officers or leaders online, having something like this would be great.

This last quote is similar to my original post, but I think it is important to reiterate the importance of improving guild options in “Guild” Wars and only guild leaders actually get to experience the many shortcomings of the current system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Judge.5102

Judge.5102

I believe that Arena PvP can and should be implemented in GW2.
It can be one of the greatest PvP experiences if only it is designed properly.

There is obviously no place for 2v2 in the game, due to balance issues and glass-cannon builds/combos being able to nuke down simply everything, if optimized and used correctly.

However, in larger scaled teams like 4v4 which teammates have a bunch of skills to save each other from trouble, the Arena system could be more fun than any other PvP utilities out there in the market.

Think about it;

-Everyone gets in the Arena with items of the same tier, obtained from the Heart of the Mists.

-Better Arena gear can be acquired with the currency that is specifically earned from Arena ranked wins – and the gear obtained this way is only usable in the Arena.

-Winning and losing affects the rating of a team, as the teams with top rating get rewards, not some exaggerated gear and titles, but enough gold or karma can encourage people to play rated Arena PvP.

-Even a non-rated mode which you play for fun would be more than enough to attract players to spend more of their time playing this marvellous game.

The current PvP is pretty entertaining to play; however deciding not to implement it would give the itchy feeling that the game is not reaching its full potential.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DonVadim.1968

DonVadim.1968

Ok today i came up with one more suggestion that is absolutely mandatory.

Fix summoned creature ai
For example 6th tier bonus of superior rune of the pirate is a chance to summon a parrot that fights for you. Parrot itself is really helpful – tanks, deals damage, looks good. It would be all fine but there is one thing – parrot tries to kill literally EVERYTHING around that is not neutral. See group of 4 grawl shamans standing still and chilling out while you try to move past without aggroing them ? Sure, but half second later you also see your parrot aggroing them all, dying and making you die aswell. Really annoying. Summoned creatures should be guarding player – attack only monsters that are already attacking player, attack what player is attacking or simply respond to “call target”, not try to suicide on first thing they can see.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valetheia.2407

Valetheia.2407

The only thing I want more than anything is at least one more character slot please! That’s all I’m asking for!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valravn.8920

Valravn.8920

I would like to support the posts asking for the ability to change your hair style/color. I’m a really casual gamer and so far this game is a dream come true, except I like to change up my character’s appearance. It’s weirdly a big thing for me. Since the low to mid range armor is not very differentiated, hair color/style plays a big role in character appearance and for gamers like myself this might be even more important than proper PvP balance.

Also, nobody complains about it like they do for PvP nerfing.

Also, pretty easy to implement I’m sure. Just give us access to the character creator whenever we want, like the dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uhnonuhmuhs.7536

uhnonuhmuhs.7536

my suggestions are as follows:

- preview gear on trade post

- more extensive trade post filter (ex. armor/weapon buy class or light, medium,heavy)

- third weapon set swap

- cash shop/in-game weapon skins to change to a different type of weapons (ex. 2hand staff able to use a 1hand sword as a skin etc.)

- rifle skills for engineer long range instead of shotgun like.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.2059

Cloud.2059

Wow this thread is massive, and awesome. Read some but not all. A few suggestions from me:

Number-pad should be useable. I hate using the top 1-9/0 keys, for me numberpad is much more easy to use/natural.

Camera zoom there should be a limit to what the minimum is. As is sometimes it zooms in way too far. Possible solution: render blocking terrain/items as semi-transparent

Shrink character size toggle. I player a Norn with maxed out height ~ this has made many things an obstacle that shouldnt be. Little jumping games go from challenging to frusturating. Camera zoom issues. Even walking issues ~ in some jumping puzzles walking & on planks Im literally walking on air as each foot is to the left/right of the plank; getting one foot on sends me tumbling down lol. This game was obviously designed around smaller/normal characters/races; so allow me to toggle down to that height.

Rewards for Map Completion. I dont like the random rewards, they should be done more like the personal story rewards: Make them of a type usable to my character and allow me a small choice in the matter.

First person camera view. This has been mentioned ad-nauseum, I wont go into it anymore really.

Vendor event/heart items as trash. I dont do it much anymore, but while I was “newer” to the game, I had tons of these piling up. And I thought to myself, “gee, a soulbound trophy? sounds important! keep this one for later”. Yeah, no. lol

Map notes. I should be able to notate my map.

Change waypoint costs. Apparently they scale with both level and distance. Thats a bit saddening. I remember as I newb I thought that the increased cost based on distance was awesome ~ and it is! But the level portion isnt so great. Instead of being based on character level, it should be based on the level of the map. Additionally, there should be a decreased fee for maps that youve completed. Theres no reason why it should cost >1s to teleport to a waypoint Im standing on in a level 1-10 area. Even in a level 80 area, if Im that close to it, we should be speaking in terms of copper.

Mobs resetting in underwater combat. Ive had this issue quite commonly underwater: I will get a mob fairly low in health, only to have it reset (ie: go invulnerable and fill up health). It didnt like the current? Idk but it needs fixing. Nothing like having to kill a veteran twice for a SP then lots of trash mobs finally re-spawning while you’ve almost got it.

Secondary trait/build setup that you can switch to. How I like to play my character in WvWvW & in PVE/Dungeons is very different. What works effectively on players isnt effecient on mobs, and vice versa. I shouldnt have to pay to change between these modes and I shouldnt have to write down my build and reselect my traits anytime I want to switch from PVP or PVE (Ive gotta deal with 2 equipment sets, leave the hassle at that :P).

Crafting from Collections. Considering you can put items directly into your collections tab and its all arranged nice n pretty there, let me make directly from there.

Collections tab should support a larger stack size. Not much else to say on this ~ it is sposed to be a collection afterall, so should allow more than my inventory does.

Some collection spots are missing. Some items are crafting base items and cant be put into the collections tab. Glob of Ecto & related lower tier (filthy essence,etc) comes to mind.

Crafting list needs a revamp. Im not sure how, but the crafting list needs a serious revamp. By the time you get to 400, its massive, ugly to look at, and hard to sort.

XP for crafting after level 400. Ive heard that you dont get XP for crafting items once your 400 in crafting. This doesnt seem to make much sense. XP is a side bonus to crafting, but a nice one that should stay. Capping crafting shouldnt punish you in such a way. The XP you make in crafting still comes at a much higher price (either time or money, if not both) than going out and killing stuff/doing events.

Mobs shouldnt be able to knock you off ledges. By this I mean off high ledges, cliffs, etc. If I use a knockback skill on a mob near a cliff, they get pushed to the edge and no more. If I cant push them off they shouldnt be able to push me off.

(edited by Cloud.2059)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.2059

Cloud.2059

Bookshelf on character select screen? Would be nice to have a place where your characters store the lore they come across, as well as some thats there by default. This would auto-organize itself chronologically or something.

View all current dynamic events on map. The current system only shows nearby events on map/mini-map, even though theyre called “world events”. I should be able to see all active events on the map Im on when I press “M”. This allows more players to join in and assist with events as well as eliminating lots of the map spam “Any events?” “Where??” “Link nearest location plz??”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SquirrelKing.8964

SquirrelKing.8964

One suggestion I would like to make is the ability to make permanent notes on our maps. As a cook, I would really love to mark down the locations of various fields I have discovered, such as spinach and strawberry fields.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gandarr.2160

gandarr.2160

please make a switch weapon icon for elementalist that works only in non-combat situation (that’s no harm to the game design system that made no switch to elemntalist)
i need no switch in combat just in non-combat to make the customization easier

in Suggestions

Posted by: Defrost.1679

Defrost.1679

Overflow message CLICK THROUGH

Thanks for adding the option to leave the queue if you want to just stay in Overflow. Can you do something about the following?

When you are put in Overflow… there is a message that you HAVE to acknowledge before you can do anything. Please make it possible to click on WP’s, even when this message appears.

I don’t mind being in overflow. I can’t believe other games make you wait, watching a countdown until you can play. I just hate my screen being blocked, when I know that I am going to be zoning right away. Thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

A minipet in use shouldn’t be deposited if I select deposit all collectables
If I beat up a heard of mobs with my face and fill my bags with loot, I don’t want to have to be delicate and stop gathering the rewards (cause they sometimes disappear quickly) just so I can keep my minipet on me

Secretly creative

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guen.3180

Guen.3180

I agree with lots of mentioned suggesstions but I’d like to add one from myself.
Please mark my target with red dot on minimap. In large groups of mobs/players I find myself not knowing which way my target is (esspecially after dodging few times or running around).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Dodge roll (timed) to reduce falling damage.

Allow players to press their “dodge” key while falling, causing the character to roll. If the character is rolling when it hits the ground, reduce falling damage by a percentage (ex., 25, 33 or 50%), stacking with fall-related traits. Should also work when sliding down hillsides (which GW2 sometimes interprets as a sequence of falls, even though the hill follows a smooth curve).

Naturally, this would consume energy, same as a normal roll.

If the player times the dodge incorrectly (i.e., character has already finished rolling when it hits the ground), then the fall should deal the full damage.

I believe the animation for this is already in the game (one of the “diving goggles” skills).

Not only would this feel “natural” (after all, that’s how paratroopers, etc., are taught to land), but it would reward players for an action in a situation where they currently can’t do anything (if you fall, your fate is kind of sealed; all you can do is wait to see how much damage you will take).

P.S. – I had already posted this in its own thread (where it had several replies), but for some reason one of the moderators decided to lock that thread and tell me to repost the same thing here instead of simply merging it into this one. o_O

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Shrink character size toggle. I player a Norn with maxed out height ~ this has made many things an obstacle that shouldnt be.

While your suggestion could work as a temporary fix, I think what they really need to do is fix the camera and some map areas that clearly were never tested with norns (or charr).

Mobs resetting in underwater combat.

It’s not just underwater. It happens on land, too. The whole “leashing and resetting” mechanism is incredibly artificial and immersion-breaking. In a game that encourages kiting, this simply doesn’t make sense. It’s fine for a creature to “give up” and run back to its spawn location if you are no longer a threat (i.e., clearly running away and not hitting it), but as long as you’re actively fighting the creature should never regain health or become invulnerable.

It’s bad enough that we have to deal with groups enemies spawning out of thin air right on top of us, we don’t need our main target to also “respawn” half way through a fight. It’s immersion-breaking and ruins the sense of progression.

All this leashing + resetting mechanic does is force us to (try to) guess where that “invisible boundary” is which will magically restore the enemy to full health.

And sometimes (as you mention) the enemy seems to the decide that the boundary is 10 cm away from its spawn location, and just resets to 100% while continuing to attack players, although it hasn’t even moved.

I found several mobs that do this consistently (and reported them in-game) during the BWEs, but it still happens with the same mobs four months later.

Crafting from Collections.

This has been possible for three or four days now. Still cant’ use them for discovery, though, only production.

Mobs shouldnt be able to knock you off ledges. By this I mean off high ledges, cliffs, etc. If I use a knockback skill on a mob near a cliff, they get pushed to the edge and no more. If I cant push them off they shouldnt be able to push me off.

I agree there’s an issue, but I disagree with the solution. Mobs should be able to knock you off ledges and you should be able to knock them off ledges as well. Weapons like the 2H hammer lose a lot of their appeal when every enemy comes with a built-in “safety net”.

I think they’re afraid the AI will “panic” when it can’t find its way back, but the solution is simple; if the AI can’t find its way back, it should automatically die from the fall.

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: ReinoudM.5931

ReinoudM.5931

Add quivers to the game for Bow users!

in Suggestions

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

It would be nice if abilities weren’t shackled to their secret “affect x amount of targets only” statistic. Currently, zerging is kind of viable because of it – the whole zerg won’t get affected by a barrage of AoE spells as much, if there are maybe 30 people in that zerg and your AoE only hits like 5 of them. That is exactly the reason for AoE – to decimate dumb-masses.
Same goes for area buffs as well – the other end of the spectrum, where you’re to coordinate with your team to quickly gather around for a boost and split again to avoid any incoming AoE.
For a “high-risk, high-reward” game, the current system is way too casual. (casual, not as an insult)

(edited by VakarisJ.5619)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirou.4098

Shirou.4098

Easy Guild Management:

Bring in a “Last Online” and “Last Represented” feature for guild leaders, because it’s realy hard tracking inactive members at this stage and not sure who we can remove from the guild when running a 500 member guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

There are a few things I desperately want when I am playing the game that has annoyed me not being able to do.

1. Lack of Emotes – I haven’t been able to lean against a wall, sit in chairs, sit on a ledge, read a book, write on a scroll, read a scroll, and a list of others. Take a page from City of Heroes on this one, this is one area of game that desperately needs addressing.

2. This sort of ties in with number one. All these great locations to socialize at yet the characters cannot sit in any of the chairs. Please at least let the characters sit in chairs.

3. More town clothing! Right now there isn’t really a selection of fantasy based clothing to speak of. More variety of outfits would go a long way, especially something more appropriate to the game setting.

4. Lack of character description box. There is currently no way to look at a character and read any sort of description of them, or even a way to mark yourself as being in character or out of character. There are many games out there that include this and a feature I am sure many could use if not want. Do we have to start using third party programs to address the issue?

Thanks in advance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aaarrrggg.7415

Aaarrrggg.7415

Please could you allow us to assign key-bindings to characters separately, preferably with a little toggle by each binding with the options:
- This character only
- All characters

This would make things SOOO much easier for alt-o-holics like me; as professions often require different key-bindings.

Eg I need my profession 1-4 moves very close at hand for my ele, but I want my pet skills on those keys for my necro.

Thanks for listening!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

There should be more than one style available for crafting once reaching 400 in a crafting skill such as Armour, Weapon, Tailoring, Leatherworking, etc.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.