Gemstore Buyback Tab

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

Got the idea when I read: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Can-i-get-a-refund-1/first#post2208166

How about, to reduce the amount of refund requests and processes, a Gemstore Buyback tab gets added to the BLTP menu? The only rules and restrictions:

-The exchanged item must have never been used or equipped
-The exchanged item must be Accountbound or Soulbound
-The exchanged item must have been bought within two days

Accidentally bought one too many bank tab slots? Exchange it for gems. Lag caused you to buy too many promotionals? Exchange one for gems. This method recycles currency within the game and saves anet staff the time of processing refunds and refund requests. I can see no problem with this.

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

In order to buy something on the TP for gems you have to click once on the tiny icon displaying the price, then you have to click that same icon a second time to confirm the choice.

It’s a small icon that you have to specifically hit twice. Is this really insufficient to stop people from buying things they don’t want? All clothing items, not only let you see what they look like on your character before you buy them, they force you to, because as soon as you click on them they preview. Anything else generally gives you a fair description of what it is while you’re moused over it.

No, I don’t think people deserve refunds for any reason, and a buyback options is silly. Too bad for them for making frivilous purchases.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I would like check boxes (like in achievements’ tabs) so I can sell all items with one click not separately

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

In order to buy something on the TP for gems you have to click once on the tiny icon displaying the price, then you have to click that same icon a second time to confirm the choice.

It’s a small icon that you have to specifically hit twice. Is this really insufficient to stop people from buying things they don’t want? All clothing items, not only let you see what they look like on your character before you buy them, they force you to, because as soon as you click on them they preview. Anything else generally gives you a fair description of what it is while you’re moused over it.

No, I don’t think people deserve refunds for any reason, and a buyback options is silly. Too bad for them for making frivilous purchases.

Pray tell, what is one downside to this feature? Anet keeps the money the user spent, and the user can exchange a purchase for something else within a short timespan. (Can’t hoard a purchase for a month only to exchange and buy that shiny pick, for example) As for the double clicking to buy, there is a thing called lag. It happens.

If you can give me downsides to this idea, then I will actually take your post seriously.

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I came here to post a similar suggestion… This would be great for missclickers like me.

To add to it World Transfers are nonrefundable, and it feels like the ui is designed to create confusion and cause loss of gems, please make world transfers refundable or undoable via interface within 2 Minutes OR SIMPLY design a UI window that has a big Gem sign, not one where the cost is hidden in a wall of text.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Actualy this is a great idea, but why within 2 days? Why not just a refund of a few hours?? Beside that, everyone can understand/respect that mistakes does apear a few times throug gaming, this isnt a game changing thing, or a huge thing that will make people mroe interested in the game, but its probably easy to implement, and everyone would be happy to have such a feature, if mistakes does apear.
(thoug have to be like you wrote it, or it will just be miss used.)

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Pray tell, what is one downside to this feature? Anet keeps the money the user spent, and the user can exchange a purchase for something else within a short timespan. (Can’t hoard a purchase for a month only to exchange and buy that shiny pick, for example) As for the double clicking to buy, there is a thing called lag. It happens.

If you can give me downsides to this idea, then I will actually take your post seriously.

How does lag make you more able to click a thing? It should make you less likely to succeed.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Gemstore Buyback Tab

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

How does lag make you more able to click a thing? It should make you less likely to succeed.

Just a wild guess, but your computer doesnt have a low fps rate?
I have salvaged my first exo because of lagg, lost around 5 gold because i only needed 17 gold to exchange gems to enter another server etc etc…..

Its not like your against the idea at all, its more like your just even really want to discuss something random, or that you actualy cant see the advanges since your having a great fps game experience without miss buying anything. “i sill dont know if you do”

But still cant see how something as small as this can affect anything, not your gameplay or anyone elses, this is just a small thing if people missclick, they will be able to reset it “if they wont use it, and its a acount bound item”.

In other words, its not negative, it doesnt have to involve you at all, it doesnt go against anything in this game or your gameplay…….so how are you even able to go against this post? o.o