Give us a family and kids!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

So, I’ve been running around randomly in game, looking for things to do. It’s a fun thing to do, as the game is created in such a way that alot of times, it’s fun to take a break from the farming grind, dungeon runs, etc. and just sit back and enjoy the world… which is a sign of a good game, imo. So grats on that!

Anywho, I ran into an event where a Shaman was killing Norn children, and had been tracked by an NPC and was up and waiting to be attacked. A realization hit me as I was talking to the NPC… and that was, I WANTED to kill this Shaman because of what it was doing to my fellow norn’s kids. Having been doing the farming grind for various things for quite a while now, it had been a long time since I truly felt an emotional investment in doing something specific in the game.

And that’s when this idea occured to me… have you guys considered giving us the ability to start a family, perhaps as part of the home area you’ve mentioned doing for us, and perhaps have events where we have to do things for them, rescue them, bring things home to them, etc? Maybe we could even create their look on some sort of generic character NPC creator or something, to increase that level of emotional investment that gradually becomes lacking in any MMO as you play it for months and years, tbh.

Just a thought! I think all the time about how irl my family and son are the most important thing in the world to me, and I would do anything for them. It would be cool to tap into that native emotional response, in a video game. Would give more significance to completing an event if your kid was captive, for example.

Thanks for your time, and good luck on your future efforts! Love the game so far.

(edited by Tagus Eleuthera.7305)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

As big a fan as i am of games like The Sims where you create a family and all that i don’t think adding such elements to GW would work . Besides I know at least in the Human story-line there’s a line of quests involving what happened to your sisters unit so i cant see this happening .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Sylvari have it a bit rough in this matter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It was annoying enough in Fable.

No thanks.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: dontrippy.8906

dontrippy.8906

this isn’t the sims and yer annoying enough in fable :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Sylvari don’t make babies and Charr conventionally don’t raise their own children. Also overall this seems like a feature that will require a lot of work but will have little value to the game overall. In that I mean, so you have a family do a few missions and then what?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Roleplay with like minded friends? Norns as the parents and humans as children? Seems like that would be more fun than a few static quests that you can’t change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightside.4715

Nightside.4715

God…no.

/10chars

[EXG] Haze Of Misery
Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I’ve got a family in real life; I play the game to get away from family responsibilities…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Can’t we spawn pods on the pale tree or something?

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Can’t we spawn pods on the pale tree or something?

The pale tree is your mommy. I don’t think spawning pods off her is a good idea. I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be having these feelings about her. ^^

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ash Flamerazor.8243

Ash Flamerazor.8243

Give us virtual girlfriend please ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Give us virtual girlfriend please ArenaNet

Lmao