Guild Loyalty should be Rewarded

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Just a rough thought that came into my head. I think every week/(insert time frame) a member of a guild does -not- change representation to a different one, the guild (and maybe the member) should be rewarded. Guild commendations maybe?

Currently the system seems favoured to… for lack of a better term… slu-ahem social butterflies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleima.5027

Eleima.5027

That’s not a bad idea, I concur. I’m loyal to a single guild, represent them 24/7, group up with guildmates, etc. I guess my guild benefits from my loyalty, though, and in turn, I benefit from the bonuses they put out.

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks (NA)
Guild: Gamers With Jobs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this would be good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

No.
This would defeat the whole point of multi-guilding, as guilds would ask players to represent their guild only to get rewards.
Also, representing another guild doesn’t imply you’re not loyal to your main one; most people just use side-guilds as player hubs to pick people from to play with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kew.2013

Kew.2013

A lot of guilds already ask you to only represent theirs, or they boot you, so that’s really a non issue here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Like Hanna said. This goes against the whole design of being able to join multiple guilds.

Being able to be a member of multiple guilds is a feature of GW2. If you start rewarding people for only representing one guild, then no one will join multiple guilds anymore cause representing one gives more rewards. That goes against the whole design of multiple guilds.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Best idea I’ve ever seen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So let me get this straight.

Everyone is in the mega-thread about the Guild Missions talking about how they can’t use large guilds’ support due to the 100% representation requirement of many, which basically means you need to give up your old guild in all but actual clicking free . . .

You now want to reinforce that attitude with game mechanics? Of things that could make this whole mess get worse, this rates up there with limiting Guild Mission tiers by guild member count.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Like the idea, but what about those of us with personal guilds for the extra bank space and no other members? should we be penalized for like 10 second non representation to put something in our personal bank?

What they need to do is make like a personal counter bar within the guild, that rewards you for your participation with that guild (doesn’t reset) once you reach a certain point of participation, you’re rewarded for it (say 100 events while representing the guild) or something. This would promote people sticking with a single guild and make it account wide so you can’t guild hop to get more awards. The guild gets the influence from all of the events you did and you get some small reward (maybe one of the new commendations) or something. Win win.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Like Hanna said. This goes against the whole design of being able to join multiple guilds.

Being able to be a member of multiple guilds is a feature of GW2. If you start rewarding people for only representing one guild, then no one will join multiple guilds anymore cause representing one gives more rewards. That goes against the whole design of multiple guilds.

People in multiple guilds actually have a chance a greater rewards from guild missions than those in only one guild. Guild missions can only happen every so often. So people can rep whatever guild they want when that guild has a mission going. Meanwhile, the people always repping, the ones constantly getting the renown to fund said missions, are more limited.

I agree on a 100% rep reward, but am out as to how to do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Just a rough thought that came into my head. I think every week/(insert time frame) a member of a guild does -not- change representation to a different one, the guild (and maybe the member) should be rewarded. Guild commendations maybe?

Currently the system seems favoured to… for lack of a better term… slu-ahem social butterflies.

I agree wholeheartedly. what I’d do is change the gear acquisition in this game to that of guilds. That way the best gear is always achieved by being in a guild and by being in a guild that frequently is active.

STO did this and it’s the best system. no more required gameplay in a certain way, everyone can solo events and instances and get the guild currency. Once the guilds reach a certain project level the gear becomes available.

cuts out all the problems i’ve ever experienced in any mmo regarding gear acquisition.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

A good and much needed system in GW2 is a timer on ppl active. So if a person has no rep for x number of day the guild leader can look and see what going on maybe kicking the person to asking the person how they could make a better guild. We could go as far as added in a system of last time logged on.
A guild is only as good as it members so the rewards should be build in now there should be guild aimed events to build up infuses for there guild leading to guild events.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m going to reiterate something I said in another thread, and other people have brought up:

You are now asking to reinforce behavior many people are loudly upset over. The other topic was over “bonuses for doing the complete Daily list instead of just five”.

Any proposed “guild loyalty” reward will, and I actually will touch on hyperbole now . . . it will cause “100% Represent” to be a rule instead of a guideline, even if it’s never explicitly stated to be part of the guild rules.

I get what you are going for, I really do. It can be frustrating for people to min/max any system you put in front of them for their sole benefit. (See: “Magic Find at the expense of survival ability”, “how to farm Cursed Shore for 10G/day”, “a walkthrough on how to do your Daily in thirty minutes”, and “how to ride the bleeding edge of the Trading Post Market” . . .)

But this? This winds up performing a potentially bad situation . . . it will reward people for exclusion and for simply (and definitively) throwing away one of the more interesting features of Guild Wars 2. (Even if it’s quite clunky and not quite useful in and of itself.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

I personally hated Guild Wars 1 guild system where if I joined a guild on 1 character every character I created was auto joined into that guild. I also dislike intensely the option in GW2 that a character can be in multiple guilds, I dont see any advantage to it at all.

One of the key things that used to be so fun about games was logging in to a guild full of friends you played with. You all knew one another and you all spent large amounts of your game day together. Currently guilds arent really much of anything because of the multiple choice feature. In my honest opinion GW2 needs to remove the G from their name because guilds are not the main feature of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

This is actually a good ideia but…

if the reward come in form of influence boost for each player.

Atm, the influence that a guild receives from their members (according to the wiki) is :

- Attendance:
10 per member for the first 20 members.
5 per member from 20 to 50 members.
1 per each additional member.

- Participation (events, PvP and Dungeons)
Events:
2 /person for solo. 20 for a group of 2+ guild members.
PvP victories:
5 /person
Dungeon completion:
10 /person for individuals
100 for completion by three or more guild members in the party.

- Consumables (obtained trough several ways)
… (yada yada yada)
- Coin (Spent with gold)
… (yada yada yada)

What if the influence received from each character to the guild scales with (only from attendance and participation or it could be abused) :

- Guild Size – “Cohesion enhancement” (+5% to T1 Guild, +4% to T2 Guilds till +0% to T6 guilds)
It’s true that small guilds are more cohese than larger guilds. Their bonds are tighter and should be rewarded for being that way!
- Guild Loyalty – +5% influence after 1 week representing (uninterrupted) and + 10% after 1 month!
Loyalty speaks for itself!

Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Suggestions

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

A good and much needed system in GW2 is a timer on ppl active. So if a person has no rep for x number of day the guild leader can look and see what going on maybe kicking the person to asking the person how they could make a better guild. We could go as far as added in a system of last time logged on.
A guild is only as good as it members so the rewards should be build in now there should be guild aimed events to build up infuses for there guild leading to guild events.

That is exactly the reason they don’t have the system in when they have it in GW1.

Individual power.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

in Suggestions

Kuzzi.2198

That is exactly the reason they don’t have the system in when they have it in GW1.

Individual power.

As a result, we have people in our guild who haven’t logged in since August.

in Suggestions

Swoo.5079

Individual power.

If that bother you kick them (even invite back in case it might be a mistake).
What is the problem?

in Suggestions

Kuzzi.2198

Individual power.

What is the problem?

There is no last login feature so I don’t know if they logged in yesterday while I was sleeping.

in Suggestions

Swoo.5079

Individual power.

What is the problem?

There is no last login feature so I don’t know if they logged in yesterday while I was sleeping.

So in fact you don’t know if they have logged in or not since August because you don’t know them – all that a guild is about.

Still, kick the ones you don’t know and invite back. If they are logging in they will accept it back (or not).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Awesome idea! It would fix the representing issue (if you only represent 1 guild you get better rewards) and stop people from changing guilds every 2 hours.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

In my honest opinion GW2 needs to remove the G from their name because guilds are not the main feature of the game.

and I my humble and honest opinion You should checkup from where game tooked their name.
I’ll tell you – if You listened carefully what trehearne was talking about orr while mission with pale tree vision You should know it.
Originally Guild Wars have name from the event in Tyrian history that is in the beggining of the first campain (eventually just slightly earlier) and that event was… Guild Wars that have place in tyria after exodus – and fisrt trailer of Guild Wars (not GW2) was about that event.

Regards

PS. I agree that loyalty should be rewarded – not sure how it would works but that is a good idea to reward players hat are represending just one guild (somebody mentioned guilds as playerhubs – who represent those “player-hubs” guild, when being in real one?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sumpskildpadde.4367

Sumpskildpadde.4367

Not sure if OP wants more rewards for himself

Or guild-changers to be punished…

Arellious Mecatus, Asura thief.
Cheese Daddy’s Secret Posse [BRIE]
Ring of Fire.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

Qwyksylver Vyqtunos.6312

I think there should be some kind of bonus for real guild loyalty I already see guilds requiring representation in their recruitment messages. personally I am part of a guild that many of us from gw1 started and to see the loyalty we have to each other rewarded would be great but I see the problems there too. If anet or anyone else finds a solution to this that’d be awesome till then not a big problem

Raagar Deathclaw-Necromancer | Korgin Shadowmind-Mesmer

Circle of Legends [BOLD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

make guild transfers cost gems. if you are in a guild already, fine. joining would be free, of course, but to leave, give a cost for that. soon as you switch on to represent, the gem fee starts.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

No. Your rewards are already going to be a higher importance within your guild. I always represent and help run activities in my main guild and now i’m an officer. That’s enough reward.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com