Guild Management Issue: Missing Guild Leaders

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avitus.2371

Avitus.2371

I am the officer of a guild on the Tarnished Coast, one that was originally put together to provide IC representation of an NPC organization.

The guild’s original founder and leader has disappeared for at least two months now. All efforts to try and get in touch with him out of game and in game have resulted in failure. Myself, and the guild’s single remaining senior officer, wish to continue operating the guild in his stead, but we are limited by our officer positions.

I had sent in an email to Anet support asking for a solution to our problem, but the response was the following,

Quote:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Guild Wars Support Team. Currently we do not have the ability to promote another guild member to leader for your guild. The only person who can promote will be the current guild master. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. We simply do not have the tools necessary to provide the service. If this is something you would like to see offered in the future, I would recommend posting and thoughts or ideas you have on our suggestion forums for change.

The best way for your feedback or suggestions to reach someone in development is for you to post your ideas within our Official Forums in the Suggestions sub-forum located here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions .

Please be sure to read the forum post on how the suggestions sub-forum works: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-This-Sub-Forum-Works, and note that using the forums for suggestions is temporary until a better solution for collecting your suggestions can be implemented.

While members of the Development Team are not always able to respond, having suggestions available in a public area helps them gauge the amount of interest for various ideas, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

Regards,

Endquote

Is this something the community would be interested in? I know there are a few guilds out there who have had to suffer with this problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

We’ve got a similar issue. Seems solveable with a database query and update – take the table that manages guild membership information, find Guild X, change the account number from # to the new account #, make accompanying changes to the two accounts if necessary (I don’t know their db structure).

I know I’m super over-simplifying it, but SQL queries aren’t rocket surgery if you have a DBA who knows how the tables and account information are organized. And I’m guessing the fine GW2 team has such people available if the issue makes it to their doorstep.

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yollm.2951

Yollm.2951

I support this.

I had an issue before that got the response of ‘Anet not having the tools’, this would be something good to be able to do, for the guild member’s sake.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mareinia.3870

Mareinia.3870

This seems like a good idea, I’ve had similar issues not with this game but with others and a better way to manage guild leadership when something like this happens would be amazing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Honestly couldn’t you guys just make another guild? I know you would have to work up to all the upgrades and it would take some time to make sure everyone knows (if you can set the message displayed in the guild info then that could make it easier to let everyone know) but this is a solution. However, I do recognize that it would be simply better in your case for anet to promote someone since he has been gone for two months but I’d be worried if this became a feature and people abused it to take down guilds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sprawler.5612

Sprawler.5612

With guild bonuses being a very integral part of the game, you’d guess that this would be something GMs could do at the get-go. If that’s not the case, it needs to be.

Ampca’s concerns about it being abused to overthrow guilds is credible, but I’m sure that can be solved if the request is made by many members of the guild, while the guild leader has been offline for some time (perhaps a month or so).

Either way, /signed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Rally on a dead post, but I wonder if this was ever addressed? Shouldnt need to start over from scratch because someone goes missing.

~ AoN ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

All i say is join a better guild look at my guild yes am a leader but i have 3 other leaders and 4 other players that have the ability to use most guild features. I believe this being a better structure I did have a problem that annoyed me on the original guild wars were i was inactive for 2 weeks as my computer was bust and i had to wait for new part i came back the guild was given to someone else and i was kicked from the guild!

So giving some else leader no but having a better structured guild so it can work without the leader yes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rexmundi.2169

Rexmundi.2169

Having the same problem, any solutions found yet?
We really do not wanna waist all influence gotten so far to go to a guild where we really not want to be.
I’m highest ranking officer next to the guild leader that’s MIA for over 5 month’s now.
We really would like to start on guild missions, but as only the leader can activate them, we are kinda stuck in a loop.

Any Arena net dev. who can get us some info on how to approche this issue ??