GuildWars 2 Needs a DarkTide server

in Suggestions

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Any Asheron’s Call fans out there?

I think guild wars 2 needs a dark tide server.

Here is the gist of it.

All zones are PK Free for All zones. There are no safe areas.

You drop items on death – the most valuble items from your inventory go first up to a certain value, if your inventory can not provide the required amount you will start to drop equipted items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Lol. I’m ok with open world pvp… but no dropping of items. That’s archaic.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

CryxTryx.9208

Not just open world. Towns and Cities as well.

You want to see ‘Guild Wars’? Imagine major guilds and guild alliances taking control and hold major cities like Lions Arch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Any Asheron’s Call fans out there?

I think guild wars 2 needs a dark tide server.

Here is the gist of it.

All zones are PK Free for All zones. There are no safe areas.

You drop items on death – the most valuble items from your inventory go first up to a certain value, if your inventory can not provide the required amount you will start to drop equipted items.

I would love a free PK server, but dropping items on death is just stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I could agree with capturing settlements. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Open world pvp for gw2 is a really bad idea. Big guilds are just gonna zerg all the small guilds doesn’t matter how good they are And since anet nerf aoe targets months ago when you can damage anyone in the aoe range. Aoe now only targets 5 people, there is no chance small guilds can match zerg guilds.

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

1 lvl 20 scroll and 60 tomes of knowledge, dude just ganks people as they spawn in the newbie story.

Sounds great!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

CryxTryx.9208

A Darkside server isn’t for the faint of heart people. First of all lets discuss this in mind of the fact that it will never happen, so I’m just bored and having fun here.

In Asheron’s Call – Dark Tide server that is how it worked and it was tons of fun. You just have to play with the right mind set.

Now there were certain items you could aquire that did not drop on death, and there was also a system to manged extactly what you dropped.

Because the higher ‘vendor valued’ things would drop first players would stock their inventory with common, yet expensive items, many of which you could just buy from merchants. They were referred to as ‘death items’.

You made sure you had enough of these in your inventory to at least die a few times in a row with out dropping anything actually valuble.

It is the risk that made the game so exciting.

Large guilds did hold entire towns and there were battle lasting days/weeks on a massive scale when another guild would try to take over said city.

Some guilds would form alliances others would become ‘kill on site’ to each other.

Simply adding this into a game like guild wars wouldn’t really work because it wasn’t created with this type of thing in mind.

Asheron’s calls open world was also much bigger and it wasn’t as easy to travel from place to place. There were actually secluded areas where you could level in relative safety because not many players would go there.

Dungeons were not instanced they were part of the open world and they were big enough to get lost in. You could spend days killing creatures near the end of a dungeon with out seeing anyone. But when someone did come you had to be prepared to fight for your hunting spot or abandon it.

Ah the nostalgia.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It will be funny that every players will equip only vender armors and weapons, bags bring trashs. And every loots you get from a dead players is white texted.

This actually happened in very early coop RPG which gear drop on dead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

I have no objection to the concept of a free for all PvP server other then the resources that the developers would need to spend on it. My feeling is it would go just like the open PvP servers in DAOC went. Super popular when opened, enough so that they opened a second server of that type. A few months later both servers were ghost towns and all the resources were a waste.
They could of course do a simple thing to see if there is an interest and offset the cost. Offer a special gem store PvP server only transfer service, you pre-purchase it, and if there is enough sales, you create the server. If there is not enough the players get the gems restored to their existing account

in Suggestions

CryxTryx.9208

I have no objection to the concept of a free for all PvP server other then the resources that the developers would need to spend on it. My feeling is it would go just like the open PvP servers in DAOC went. Super popular when opened, enough so that they opened a second server of that type. A few months later both servers were ghost towns and all the resources were a waste.
They could of course do a simple thing to see if there is an interest and offset the cost. Offer a special gem store PvP server only transfer service, you pre-purchase it, and if there is enough sales, you create the server. If there is not enough the players get the gems restored to their existing account

Ha, that is actually a pretty good idea. Almost like ‘kick-starting’ a PvP server. In that case you could even add anyone who pre-purchases to a restricted access sub foruml and let those players provide feedback on its development.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

So basically what you want is WvW, only in more areas.

in Suggestions

CryxTryx.9208

No.

in Suggestions

AntiGw.9367

No.

Um, yes. What you describe is WvW, only in more areas. And with an idiotic item dropping on death mechanic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Sounds good to me as long as the people that post here wanting open world dueling get transferred there for free, oneway ticket.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

No.

Um, yes. What you describe is WvW, only in more areas. And with an idiotic item dropping on death mechanic.

No. World vs World is server vs server. Server 1 vs Server 2.

What the OP is describing is Guild vs Guild on ONE server. And there wouldn’t just be 3 guilds going at it.

There would be no safe keep if what I’m reading is correct. No where that you didn’t have a chance of getting killed if you weren’t paying attention.

While it wouldn’t be a server I’d be interested in, I wouldn’t be opposed to such a server being added. Maybe make it guest only. That way players aren’t locked out of WvW or risk 3 servers with low population since WvW has to work with a multiple of 3 servers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

You know what? I’m all for a PvP server, if only to stop all these duel/open-world PvP/GvG threads that keep springing up every few days.

Make it happen Anet, so that the rest of us can just get on with enjoying the PvE game we paid for!

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

AntiGw.9367

No.

What the OP is describing is Guild vs Guild on ONE server. And there wouldn’t just be 3 guilds going at it.

There would be no safe keep if what I’m reading is correct. No where that you didn’t have a chance of getting killed if you weren’t paying attention.

While it wouldn’t be a server I’d be interested in, I wouldn’t be opposed to such a server being added. Maybe make it guest only. That way players aren’t locked out of WvW or risk 3 servers with low population since WvW has to work with a multiple of 3 servers.

Those are just grouping/balancing mechanics.

This suggestion is nothing more than the same sPvP/WvW we already have, only on more maps…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

No.

Those are just grouping/balancing mechanics.

This suggestion is nothing more than the same sPvP/WvW we already have, only on more maps…

Didn’t say it wasn’t basically the same suggestion that’s been mentioned.

At least this suggestion has the makings of not just being WvW in the PvE areas. This idea would be a different spin on it. Unlike many other suggestions.

And there would be more than 3 guilds in the area. Or 3 alliances. And no real way to balance things out at all. Don’t see how dropping equipment is in any way balancing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vrannar.5618

vrannar.5618

Back in the day the text based Gemstone 2 (Now Gemstone 4) you dropped items in hands at death and inventory when spirit departed. This led to a lot LOT of problems and bad feelings.

Many of the way things are done in modern MMOS are from lessons learned in the older original multiplayer text games. If you make items drop then you will just cause frustration for people. Armor taking damage and then needing repair helps drain some of the gold, theres no need to create a get gear to replace gear dropped grind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Sounds good to me as long as the people that post here wanting open world dueling get transferred there for free, oneway ticket.

Pretty much this, and no way to return if the server gets closed down after a few months because there are no people left to gank, and finally the gankers also leave.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.