HUGE GW2 Redesign Concept Collection

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Hela! I’m working on a huge redesign for GW2 for…years?
It aims to double the gaming experience of the game, give reasons to play instead of farmgrinding it, and not at least, to improve Arenanet’s income.
It contains redesign ideas about nearly everything important, with multiple alternatives that should work better than the current design.
I will continue to work on it, but looks like the time running out seriously.

Including:

• Solution for Empty Leveling Areas -> PvE&WWW system
  • Dungeon Redesign
  • GEMSTORE $ income increasing.
  • Solutions for fair rewarding
  • Solutions for bugs
  • Better alternatives for some game mechanism
  • And a Lot of little details that will make this game much better and much more unique.

I’m waiting for constructive feedbacks, NOT TROLLING

I can’t attach the file here. Its not supported… So I’ll put some of it here.
It can be downloaded completely tho. A moderator should give me some instruction, please!

NOTE: The list below is just 50% of the full work. Many useable and nice features are cut off because of the lenght of this post, and not relfecting my work well enough.

Please understand: I’ve started to work on this when EOTN released for GW1. It may contains details that already added or planned for GW2, becuase it was essential, or I’ve already shared it. Or someone reinvented/stoled it. It happens y’know.
This is not an “I want to be a God” suggestion anyway. All I want is to be equally balanced, so our playing skills will decide our performance, not OP/UP stats and simple luck. Do not bother yourself posting about this.

=============================================================

W E A T H E R
Sunshine is boring.
Let us feel the power of nature!
Remember, what do you feel when you’re under a cover in the street, while heavy raining? A little excitement, am I right?
A nice rain, or even better, storms! It will spin things up, i’m sure!
Inside and outside the cities. Random, and long (1-2 hours) duration.
NOTE: 50% of effectiveness comes from the sound effects, so they need to be perfect.

Some area styles shoud have their own kind:
Orr: HEAVY Thunder and raining. Purple zapps. Dark fog. It will make those boring areas 10 times more exciting!
Jungles: Raining, some deep thunder, white fog. I hope we won’t get lost :S
Black Citadel: Acid rain, gray smoke. Who cares? Heat up those smelters!
Divinity’s Reach: Light rain, windy. I’m glad I bought that fur coat! <3
Lion’s Arch: Mid strong beach storm. Isn’t the best time to sail out, right?
The Grove: Crystal clean raindrops, rainbow. I feel life!
Hoelbrak: Snowy & Windy. Outside, sometimes heavy ice storms. By the Bear’s spirit, this was a strong one!
Rata Sum: Less rain than thunder. Excellent time for some special experiment!
Crystal Desert: Burning sun, mirror-like reflecting sand at distance, sometimes Heavy sand storms! I…need….water!

Dungeon Redesign Concepts
Players will decide, which pats they want to complete the dungeon on.
The paths are all logical, which means they are making a progress to weaken the endBoss, or to have a weapon against it, or make themselve stronger, so they can finish the boss off.When they are about to finish the chosen path, they have a new vote for the final tactic move.

Examples:
Dungeon of Arah. The party chosed to gather the parts of a crystal shield, which was the property of an ancient great warrior who tried to beat the endBoss, but the shield cracked into 5 pieces during the finght long ago.
(Including a GW2 brush-style cinematic of the tale)
The shards gives power to the little bosses who guards them.
Since the endBoss shoots destroying energy from its eyes, the path finishes can be the following:
• They re-forge the shield with a spell (NPC follower does), and one party member can wield it, and reflect the damaging bean onto the boss itself. The others are luring and damaging the boss.
• The members absorb the shards with a spell, so they are all a bit reflective, which means they’re all stronger until they complete the dungeon.
• They place the shards around the boss, making an energy bulb, and as long the boss is inside, its weaker, and can’t damage players outside.
• Or they go the top of the endBoss’s hall through a hard jumping puzzle, at the end of it they blow up the stones so the sunlight lights parts of the room.
They place the shards there, making damaging sunlight fields which weaks the boss down and buffs the players up.

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

Stick to the Concept
Whats up with all of those beautiful concept arts we have and none of them made well?
As I see, for example, someone draw Ebonhawk perfectly. Its giant, its a real fort amongst the mountains.
And what we got now? A flat, square shaped little town that supposed to be Epic. No. Its more like a pathetic amount of stone bricks.
If the concept artists made great job, let their dream become ""reality"". Even those giant sculptures on the side of the mountain crack road…. Why we can’t see them?
Old scuplture ruins on the field? Awesome armors that made badly in 3D?
This is a very important part that needs a lot of attention. This game needs epicness, and concept designs are one of the best ways. Use them.

GEMSTORE at Maximum

Ascended & Legendary Stat only Transmutes
At Legendary items mostly, we may like the skin of one, but the stats aren’t good for our build. In this case, we s(t)uck. “These items working like skin transmutations, but they have locked stats instead of skin.
Lot of player will buy these to get the matching stat to the liked skin. Its Essential.”

Extra Hairstyles
The Gemstore should sell extra hairstyles, since those we got are minimal. “Sold one by one, or a complete set, or complete upgrade.
Sets: Rastas, Short cuts, Long cuts, mid cuts, Bald cuts
Double Click on Icon to jump onto a hairstyle menu with colors.”
Extra Beardstyles Same as Extra Hairstyles, but this one is for beards.
Sold one by one, or a complete set, or complete upgrade.
Sets: Short cuts, Long cuts, Mid cuts, Special cuts
Double Click on Icon to jump onto a beardstyle menu with colors."

Token Slots
Bank upgrade for 1000 to 5000 token per dungeon type. For easy collecting.

Charity Purchases
If possible to track down these kind of real-money source purchases, there should be some special items that players can shown off as a sign they supported a group of Cancer, breast cancer, AIDS, anything.
Like a backbrace with a sign of the group they supported.
The money they spent on gems to puchase this item should go to the aimed group.
Maybe special titles given for it. “Pink Day Supporter”

Mystic Salvage Kit
Good ol’ Perfect Kit. A kit that separates item from sigil/rune. Never destroyes item.

Profession Style Upgrade
I’ve heard a lot of arguing about male mesmers with pink butterflies and nature-only rangers… With a Gemstore upgrade, the effect should be changed on specific character.

• Mesmers can get raven-effect instead of butterflies
  • Rangers can be more warrior-like (they don’t need to be hippies)
  • and anything else we find dismatching." 1,000 Gems

Emote/Animation Upgrade
Like in GW’s CE, special effects on emotes
Or even better, special emotes like… poses, walkstyles, loop-animations?

*Unique Dyes *
Special kind of Dyes that can be optained only in Gemstore and Mystic Forge. Rainbow Dye, or Textured Dyes?
What if the special dye gives rainbow shine, or for example…. tiger stripes? Leopard patterns? Fur paint? Rock paint?

Unique Minipets
Some special and hardcore miniatures should be sold on gemstore only.
I’m sure about its success, if there is no other way to optain it.

• Mistfire Wolf
  • LFP Healer – Skeleton
  • Charr Tank
  • God Miniature
  • Hypopotamus

Unique Elite Skills
Same skills as normal ones, but different effects or model skin.
Unlocking like ""Digital Deluxe Upgrade"". Example:

• Norn Wolf Pack – same as Hounds as Balthazar, but 5 wolves instead two dog.
  • Model L33T Prototype Golem – same as a Golem Summon or ""golem suit"".
    Or anything what can be sold.
    + Special effects on them.

Unique Armor Skins
Simple. Special transmute skins for Armors. Upgraded Elite versions of the normal ones, or completely new. Examples:

• Leggings, Gloves, Helm, etc.. of Balthazar: Balthazar’s style armor versions.
  • Pirate Captain Leggings, Gloves, Helm, etc: Upgraded Pirate style armor versions.
  • Bone Claws – Special looking gloves with bone claws.
  • Hawk Boots – Special looking boots with hawk feathers.

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

K A R M A
Karma for Helping in Personal Story
I wonder why we don’t get any karma by helping someone in their Personal Story?
Players should help each other, and what is more inspiring than some Karma and loot?
This way, they will act more friendly and helpful.
500 Karma points at level 80

Karma Receipes
Since crafting options are really limited in skins, it would be great to get a lot kind of weapon and armor receipes from Karma Merchants. I’ve tried to search for them, but they are very rare. Two exists, maybe.
Local style items. Like Jotun weapons, or Grawl armors.
Antique Ascalonian pieces (rusted, worn). Anything from the enemy’s arsenal."
15,000 to 200,000 Karma / receipe

• G A M E M E C H A N I S M *

“Be the Hero you want to be!” – Sounds great!
Not true at Guild Wars, but still possible:
Sad, but people chosing professions because they’re not balanced well enough.
Many players asked about it, and the very most of them said they want to play with differnet professions or weapons, but they feel them weak compaired to Thieves, Mesmers, Warriors, or other weapon type.
In my concept, every profession is equal in damage & endurance. The only difference is the style, and the big winners will be the skilled players, not those who got an overpowered class with a copy-pasted build.
And there should be no much difference between the damage of different weapons, so we can use what we really want.
Please try to work out this way, so we can be what we want, not what the stats dictates.

EpicHP 1Hitter Bosses are crap
We hate it, really. Without fixing this old-fashion, the game can’t be revolutionary.
How so? I would make block & counter attack based fights, but I don’t think the game is ready for it yet. But its possible to randomize “stages” on bosses, so every stage needs a different style of tactic.
Not like at Giganticus L., running around like idiots (heroes lol).
Targeting different parts forces the boss to make unique actions. Targeting the leg make him cripple for a long time, head = dizzle/confused/blind, arm = weakness, chest = bleeding.
Another easy option is to make them big and slow, so we can dodge out their heavy damages. Please don’t use oversized effect circles that we can’t even dodge with two bars…

“VINDICTUS” MMO has very good bosses. They’re very dinamic, strong, fearful. Copy&Paste?"

Dinamical Auto Targeting
Many damage loss because of the lack of re-targeting while using a skill and the first target dies.Two new rules would make it great:
1: skill in use jumps on closest or selected target if the casted-on target dies.
2: If no next target, the skill stopps and starts to reloading.

I would make ranged weapons work with aim assisted crosshair, and TAB to lock on aiming.
Option and hotkey to swap between targeting modes.

sPvP Variety
Simple. More game type needed.

• Capture the Flag? Like in a Call of Duty. Flag runner has unique skills equipped.
  • Last Stand: Team of the last standing member wins. No respawns.
  • Highlander/Battle Royale: FFA. Last standing player wins. Points given in order of deaths.
  • Fort Siege: By repairing and upgrading siege weapons, Team1 assaults Team2’s fort. They need to repair it by getting repair kits from the same battlefield, so they need to fight for it. After 10 minutes, the team wins with bigger chanches. (The game gives total of 100% chance spared over the two party isntead of 500 points. So if Team1 has 60% and Team2 has 40% survival chanches at the end of timer, Team1 wins.
  • The Horde: The two team needs to fight-out the way amongst Risens/other enemies to a place and capture it. The first team captures the point, wins.
  • Madness: Team players getting transformed into other profession every 20 seconds. First team reaches 500 points, wins.
    In some case, players should be skinned as pirates, soldiers, skeletons, monsters, etc. For the feeling."

Thief Invisibility
Crazy… Exploited & Hacked seriously!
One important fix: Invisibility is not Invulnerability. AOE effects and random melee hits must damage them. AOE chain blocks should even stop them. Getting downed needs to brake the stealth in the moment.
Finishing move should count as an attack. We have no chance at all to do anything against them most of the time.
I got intels on it works like I suggest, but I see the opposite.
Yes, people Hack! :’(

No listing fee on accepting TP orders
If we help each other by accepting less prices offered on TP, we shouldn’t have listing fees on it. It help spinning up the orders and lowering the greed.

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

MORE ENJOYABLE LEGENDARY CRAFTING
Here I show you how the legendary process should work in my opinion.
Currently, Legendary weapons are made for farmers, cheaters and exploiters right now.
Sorry, but its deep BS. These should be optained with real skills.
This example is based on legendary weapons, but can be applied on Leg. armors in the same way.
Getting Legendary items should be a real skilled process.
Its pathetic to buy the most of the items by grinding and farming. It should show off real playing talents.
We have to use the Mystic Forge:

Step 1, Upgrading a special to Precursor:
Dungeon Weapon or max stat Exotic Weapon or Pact token optained base weapon
+ Mystic Gift (Combined by 4x 500 Token Gifts)
+ Zommoros Support (500 Skillpoint)
+ An Elemental Stone (Exchange for 1 Gift of Explorer)
= PRECURSOR (SoulBound to crafter) (Drops are the soldable not-yet-bounded versions)

Step 2, Upgrading a Precursor to Legendary:
Precursor
+ Legendary Part 1 (like “Legendary Greatsword Blade”)
+ Legendary Part 2 (like “Legendary Greatsword Handle”)
+ Soul Stone (Exchange for 1 Gift of Explorer)
= LEGENDARY

Step 3, Crafting the ultimate ""Godforged"" Weapon:
2x Legendary
+ The Godstone
+ Blessing of the Six (or Gods)
= GODFORGE

Now I’ll explain everything below:
For a Legendary, we need a precursor. Precursors are ultra rare drops, and irrelatively high valued. Players needs a way to make their own precursor, using non-boughtable (or at least harder to buy than game gold) rewards by playing the game. Dungeon weapons are handly, a good base. Mystic Gift should prove the worth of the player. To optain it, the player needs to put 4 Gifts from 4 different dungeon into the Mystic Forge.
Then, a Zommoros Support thing for 500 skillpoint, which proves the spended time on the character.
For the last piece, an Elemental Stone, which makes the precursor’s basic style. These are exchange items for Gift of the Traveller that we optained by 100% Map discovery.
So by proving our basic skills and playtime, we got a soulbounded precursor weapon for the character we used.

Now we’ll make a Legendary.
The Precursor is the base. I suggest to add twoancient part and Soul to the weapon, so it can be called Legendary in real.

• Legendary Part 1 should be called like “Legendary Greatsword Blade” or “Legendary Longbow Stave”
  • Legendary Part 2 should be called like “Legendary Greatsword Handle” or “Legendary Longbow String”
    Needs level400 of crafting: Orichalcum bases, and one special optained item, T6 Rare materials + Mystic Force.

A Leg. Greatsword blade: a ""Vial of Mystic Force"" what keeps the shards together (1 vial for 500 SkillPoint), and 3 of special legendary shard which is optained from a hard Jumping Puzzle with solo fights, or something else hard-to-just-buy way.
Upper, Middle, Buttom sword blade shard for example.
A Leg. Gs. handle example:. Needs 3 legendary weapon shards, an another vial of Mystic Force, and a ""Trust of Tyria"" token for 250,000 Karma. A Legendary shard should be optained with 1000 Badges of Honor.
Until this, its still much more progressive than simply buying all the materials from TP using grinded/exploited golds.
If players must have level 400 craftings, things like “Vial of Mystic Force” and “Trust of Tyria” can be separated onto 3 or 4 pieces, and can only put together with crafting, and maybe a high value receipe (50+50 gold)
The fourth piece is a Soul Stone, can be exchanged for 1 Gift of the Explorer.

Legendary weapons must have at least 5% more damage and stats, maybe 10%.
If they just has more minimal damage, maybe its more acceptable.
Let the players feel its worth, not just by the liked skin."
For those who still has time and energy to level up his gear on his char, a new class called “Godforge” should be made.

Godforge items made by putting 2 Legendary, a Godstone and a Blessing of the Six into the Mystic Forge.
Godstones worth 1000 Skillpoints, while Blessing of the Six is bought for 500,000 Karma
These items are serious, has super cool effects, +10 to 20% effectiveness, and/or double upgrade slots.
Godforge items can’t be sold on TP, Can’t be sold to Merchants. Can be salvaged with BL Salvage kit for fix 250 Ecto. (in case the player wants another one)

I prefer not using stacks of materials for Legendary items, just skill-proving challange rewards. These kind of weapons shouldn’t cost more than 100 Gold. We should just pove our skills to the Gods, so they support us with ancient pieces.

Players rewarded 2 of Gift of Explorer token each time a character makes 100% World Explore.
This two gift is excellent to make a Legendary weapon. If anyone decides to buy a precursor instead of making it, he saves one Gift. If he buys a Legendary, he saves both Gifts. Its motivating enough to buy Legendary weapons when someone wants a Godforge piece or set."

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

Ranger Pets

• They shouldn’t be “1hit” in PvE. They don’t need bigger health or defense, just a simple feature:
    Evade in chanches. Birds: 65%, Bears and others have 50% to block & counter-attack. So we Rangers can keep their damage, since our balance scaled including pet damage.
    When the pet attacks foe on order, the foe attacks the ranger only. If player ranger don’t damages at least 50% of health, he gains no loot – preventing pet-solo-farming this way. )
  • Hide lock. If we want to hide our pets, let us do, but don’t let it come out until we don’t command it by the same button. Without pet, give us a boost for compensating damage loss. Unhides on attack/skilluse/fallback orders.
  • If we order pet to Avoid option, they should attack the target only if we press F1, and if it dies, the pet should return to us, waiting for new attack order.
    At Fight option, they should automatically attack the enemy we do, but only after the target gets the hit.
    Don’t let them stick on an another target until there is no third behavior option for it.
    Always attack what player do. Stronger targets in first place.
  • There should be a third behavior option: Defend: Pet will absorb damage in chance as long as its alive.

I would make Pets much more dinamical with one simple redesign:
Agressive: Pet attacks what ranger does only. Attacks on order. Does condition skill on order.
Deffensive: Pet Defends ranger by absorbing damage. Attacks on order. Does buff skill on order.

Bugged hit detection fix
As a ranger, I always shoot clear targets without damage, because it says “Invulnerable” or “Obstructed” even “Out of Range” at 10 steps away, while I see the arrow hits clearly. It needs fix. Another problem is, if we find an upper place to shoot from, we’ll be blocked by the game itself, because it makes enemies “Invulnerable” and “obstructed” without a reason.
What isn’t more dinamical, to shoot on the third axis? Well, if the NPC can’t reach us, let it shoot some kind of projectile, so we’ll still in danger."

Trebuches captured!
WWW trebuches and "USE"able things should be used by the enemy if they are good enough to capture it and turn it against us.

WWW Repair & WPs
It is stupid to pay for repair in a PvP, when culling and hacking is a great trouble, not to mention 1 hit killing trebuches.
Solution: Armor pieces do not brake in WWW.
Waypoints needs to be fee’d as a goldsink, because this means the real tactical advantage (and time saving)
+ Waypoints should react quickly. If no NPC is in combat within a fort or something, the WP shouldn’t be blocked for minutes, since players are exploiting this."

Dungeon Stage Reward
I know it is modified because of the speedrunners, but with a simple detail, we’re still able to get some benefit from the run if we’re not able to complete it.
The key is a time-limit. If we spend hours inside, trying to make some progress in the bugged chain, the game itself can say that we’re not speed runners. For every stage we made, we can calm up the token and money reward, like 20-20-20 tokens and 5-6-15 silver. Speedrunners won’t wait hours for 20 or 40 token, but we can get it even if we’re not able to finish it because of the game bugs.

Example:
We made the way to Giganticus Lupicus. It was bugged, self-reseted itself in combat, stucked in invulnerability, so the party fell of in rage and sadness. With stage-reward system, at least we would made some tokens."

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

WWW Blueprint Variety
If we want to make WWW a real battlefield, we need more war-technology. List: "Moving & Shooting Mounts:

• Charr WarTanks (Tank, built by 500 Supply, Heavy ranged damage, Shoots like arrow-barrage, catapult, flamethrower)
  • Charr BattleCycle (Motorcycle, Built by 100 Supply, shoots arrow-barrage)
  • Asura Golem Suit (Exoskeleton, Built by 200 Supply, shoots rocket-like things in shoulder for range, punches X% of health in close range)
  • Supply Caravan (Built by 600 supply, players can pick this 500 supply up at any place it moved to)

Placed:

• Traps for Damage, Cripple, Burn, Poison, Knockback, or even better, lure some kind of mobs on them.
  • Barricade walls (to block enemy forces on road, or trap them inside a tower/building/cave/valley)
  • Conquered Place/Race specific Turrets (Like Dredge or Quaggan things that can be only optained by them, only if their territorry is friendly)
  • Weapon Stacks (Special weapons to equip by X amount of player. These can be special rifles, or any weapon for any profession. Charr Sniper Rifles with 2500 Range and heavy damage with long casting.
    Note: These weapons needs high effectiveness, slightly above an average player’s skill abilities)
  • Armor Stacks – giving toughness buff for allies.
  • Named Totems (Charr Totem, Gravl Totem, Bone Totem, Elemental Totem, Gods Totem, etc). These are planted totems and gives special bonus in range as long as they stand. Enemy – 50 to 100 of all skillpoint, +50 to 100 to all ally skillpoint, applied combo fields has double to 5 times more effectiveness, 10 to 30% to get Fear when using a skill (cooldown 10 to 20 seconds), or anything useful.

These things should be ranked, so Normal, Superior and Greater versions available, the more effect it has, the more it costs, more health it has and more supplies needed to build.

If the loot is finally fixed, and we’ll get at least 1 Badge of Honor each kill, exchanging would be useful.
I have a lot of design ideas for these. Ask me for them."

WWW Fort Capture Reward Chest
Killing Lord of a WWW fort should give us a reward chest that contains some of:

• Badges of Honor
  • Random Blueprint
  • Bag of Coins
  • Random Booster
    NOTE: Captured Forts shouldn’t be captured for 1 to 2 hours
    This will prevent ""train farming"", and gives enough time to upgrade forts for defending."

3 Stage moving system
I think we need some improvement here:
“Now we have:
• Walk
• Run
+ Dodge

It would be better if we can:
• Walk
• Run
• Sprint by double pressing ""W"" (or binded key. This feature needs to be sticked in the option menu, just like double-tap Dodge. It drains dodge energy)
+ Dodge"

R a n g e r R e d e s i g n
I’m playing as Ranger main, and I found it boring and half-done in Guild Wars 2.
Some advices: In Real Life, Rangers are kind of thieves in combat.
They should hit with heavy damages from distances, and fast shots with less damage.
A long casting but heavy damage and long distanced longbow skill would be a nice ultility skill. -50% attack speed for +50% damage.

*Point Blank shot: Knockback at close range, knockdown only in longer.

• Zaphir Quickness: More duration, and/or +15% quickness for 10 seconds if endurance is full.
    Self source healings are ignored. Other heals still effective.
  • Downed skill 2 and 3 should worth something in PVP. It does not help as much as any other profession’s downed skills. Pet should drag us away, or shield us to heal without getting interrupted/finished. I’ts very pathetic when every other classes can just run away or completely return within seconds, and rangers can do nothing good.
  • Longbows should fire bit faster. We can’t even hit a target because of spawn kitten players. Opening strike can be this.

Now Rangers are silently nerfed, while they should deal much more damage. I’m on full crit dmg build, and the maximum damage I do with a single skill is ~9900, while a warrior or thief can do 15,000 to 26,000 in same time.
→ Equal damages, more critical chance in base, longer shooting range at longbow (1700)" Autoattack animation should re-captured with more dinamical one. Sound effects should be a hard target hitting noise, not weak whispering.

Animal Interactions There are rabbits, frogs, mosquitos, rats, racoons on the ground. “What if we can get interacted with them, gaining some kind of boost?
Like the rabbits gives Luck for 5 minutes, or the frog gives chill on attack for some hit, rats gives chance to cause weak poison, etc.
The gained buff is kind of Nurnishment, but won’t replace what we have on. Has cooldown, can’t stack it.”

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

Profession Weapon list Redesign
Everyone knows, locked weapons and skills will be a huge problem in the future.
It isn’t hard call to make weapon skills choseable (different conditions for example), but professions are messed up here anyway. Here is a logical and realistic list of aditional weapons should be useable by:

Ranger: Sword (main hand), Pistol (offhand at least), Dagger (offhand at least), Rifle
Thief: Sword (both hand), Axe (Main hand), Rifle
Mesmer: Sword (replacing greatsword), Pistol (offhand), Dagger (offhand)
Elementalist: Just offhand dagger
Engineer: ALL weapon type, all slot. This will make an universal class if the skills designed well."

Hounds of Balthazar
Some changes needed: Scale the dog’s models x2, and remodel it if possible. Make them brutal look. Now they look like big fat puppies.
Effectivity: When they jump in, big AOE Critical damage. Then they damage like normal pets as long as they live."

Prayer to Dwayna
is unuseable. “I’ts non water, it heals less, it reloads 10 seconds more. What is the point of this skill?
Would be better heals bit less, but gives some seconds of regeneration.
OR it should heal as more as less health we got.
OR fully heals us out with depending recharge.
OR heals nearby allies too.”
Prayer to Lyssa is also unuseable.
It should have longer recharge and longer random buffs of ANY KIND."

Elite Skill Durations
20 seconds of buffs are good for one wave, but they’re still not exactly “elite” category. "Elite skills with buffs should last longer, 60 seconds to 5 minutes, and reload slower instead.
I would make them non-timed, great transforms (with a lot of Gemstore variation) with useable and stylish skills.
These skills should be real epic, and much more useable. The effects they has can be ""neutralized"", because some skill and weapon deletes buffs for example. A basic amount (1 of 25) will still be on the player.
Spirit forms of Norns are weak, hard to control, there is no heal, and even have low quality textures on maximum graphic details.

In my concept, ELITE skills are mostly attacks and transformations.
Some ELITE Transformation should replace the ultility skills and the healing, and has really special effects.

Animated sheated weapons
Like in AION and VINDICTUS, most expensive weapon should have an animation when sheating. Example: A longbow folds itself when sheated on back, making the character look much more awesome with this new compact look. Dredge Greatsword is a good example. Its now “half folded” state. Compact it when sheated, and expand it when in hands. Isn’t it designed to have moving parts?

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

(\_/)
(O.o)
(D.D)/

S O L U T I O N F O R E M P T Y L E V E L I N G A R E A S
Every MMO has this illness, and GW2’s downgrading system is the first essential step, but its not yet enough.

I call it “Dinamic Economy Areas”
First: Equalize loots for the level the char has. If someone on level80 goes back to level10-15 areas, he needs same drops as in high-level areas, except the gathering. This will prevent overflooded lvl80 areas.
The next step is very complicated to make, but this feature may saves the game at all.

My concept is: ALL GAME AREA has dinamic events about gaining WWW and Economy support.
Players will see towns and NPCs in states depending on the Area’s condition. It can be:

• Balanced (Normal look, normal WWW support gain, normal prices),
  • Lost (Damaged buildings and fields, enemies camping inside towns/villages/forts, higher prices, minimal or no WWW support gain)
  • Captured (NPCs building new buildings, Extra WWW support gain, better prices)

If the area is in “Lost” state, players need to recapture it from the conqueror forces who camped in destroyed towns and villages, killed NPCs.
When players “Balanced” the area, it will become more friendly, prices will be better, as well as loots (compensating the less enemy activity). Otherwise, they have to guard it with the NPCs, because enemies want those values badly.
If the players do really good work and capture the whole area, the enemy activity will be minimal, and they try to invade in waves (1 hours peroids). To compensate it again, prices will be even better than in “Balanced” state.

So, when players in PvE areas guarding NPCs, support caravans, capturing forts/vilalges/camps, more blueprint can be bought, more supply can be mined in WWW with some other extra benefit.
PvE Activity will make WWW better. It means a server needs to focus 50-50% on both PvE and WWW
When players earn success in WWW, the server is rewarded with bonuses like stat buffs, bit better drops, special opportunities, unque skins, etc.

Since the game has server instanced areas (and not fully open like we expected), its more easy to combine it with my custom weather and skymaps. Lost state has clouds, smoke, it should look a bit depressive. Balanced is normal. Captured state should bring a nice rainbow as a stylish sign." Metal, Wood, Food, Medical supplies, War supplies (Armor/Weapon), soldiers/workers gained from these areas – to make it logical and realistic.

Dinamic Event Resets
All event needs a hidden timer to complete,
so in case it stucks by game bug, they don’t need server reset." Optional: “Reset in every half hour in when its not running properly”

Ugly High Shadering
At maxed out graphic settings, shaders looks pathetic. I’m not the one who dislike.
Light reflection on characters are very strong. Reduce it please. O.o
All map textures looks wet. No material feeling on any of these textures. They need much better shaders at maximum settings. Even optional parallax textures on: Self, +Friends (party, friendlisted and guild members), +everyone closeby.
Please try to make more realistic material looks.

More Hack’n’Slash like dinamic animations
It will give more feel of force and the NPC creatures should behave much more realistic. No more one spot turn.
Seriously, they need a huge redesign.

Ranged Looting
Ranged kills should have loots like in WWW, spawned at player. "Just because its bit pathetic to “ninja” between foes to get loots as ranger.
If I just wait, the loot disappears sadly…

Commander Title
100G for the title is just stupid. Commander rank should be earned with proved skill." “5000 Badge of Honor (Which means 5000 kill if BoH works as Glory/Karma)
Ability to place tactical signs on maps, so they can control a siege more easy and with much more style.
(Commander) prefix on chat to highligh them.”

Elegant Daily Achievements
No designed task. Just receiving points for doing anything that usually listed right now. When we earn an amount of points from doing anything that can be listed now, we get our AP points and the reward.
I don’t think ArenaNet should force us to do specified things. Just reward us to play that day. (Actual situation)"

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

X+1 Achievement Solution
It is known that many players can’t, or just won’t play WWW for Monthly Achievement completition. With an easy trick, we can get anyone to care about these features.
X+1 means we have to complete X achievement from the list (Its 5 in Daily) to get the basic reward for it, but the users have a new decision which one they want to skip. Like if they want to skil WWW, they won’t complete the 50 kills, but they have a new task to work on, so they still can make it.

Monthly Achievement Example:
1: 50 kills in WWW
2: 500 Item to salvage
3: Place minimum of 10 gold in Bank Account
4: 100 Events to complete
5: Revive 200 Teammate
6: Kill 100 of same race.
—> To complete the M. Achievement, we have to do 5 of 6 task, and we get the reward. If we complete all the 6, a bonus reward added: A plus amount of daily reward."

Achievement Point Titles
Not one of my best ideas, I admit.
But maybe it sounds good enough." "Collecting these points are a good way to… collect something else. Shouldn’t it called ""Fame""?
Titles given:
• 100 AP = Newbie
• 500 AP = Local Dude
• 1,000 AP = Achievement Collector
• 2,000 AP = I’m in game!
• 5,000 AP = 5k Madness!
• 10,000 AP = Grandmaster
• 25,000 AP = Veteran
• 50,000 AP = VIP
• 100,000 AP = Legend of Tyria"

Dignity/Ferocity/Charm
This feature should have more weight.
It should allow players to earn special conversations, dialogues, some opportunity to get special rewards like the same kind/stat of weapons/armors/accessories, but different style – if their level is high enough (Dominating at 75%).
Examples of NPC to Player dialogues:
Dignity: A Human says: ""What a noble spirit! This word needs more people like you!""
& ""We respect you. Make us proud!""
Ferocity: A Norn says: ""I see you’re full of anger! Why don’t we get a keg and tale about our adventure?""
& ""The bear’s power is strong in you, warrior!""
Ferocity: A Charr says: ""You! Power. Rage. Brutality. Now I see, we’re not so different!""
& ""We’ll meet on the battlefield, hero!""
Charm: A Sylvari says: ""Ooh, I feel your kindness from far away! We like you so much!""
& ""You’re so adorable! C’mon, give me a hug!""

Examples of Player combat dialogues:
Ranger PET switching
Dignity: ""Fight beside me!""
Ferocity: ""Crush it!""
Charm: ""I chose you!""

Warrior Yell
Dignity: ""I feel bear’s power!""
Ferocity: ""Im gonna smash you!""
Charm: ""Oh, I got you now!""

Necromancer Minion order
Dignity: ""Go, my minions!""
Ferocity: ""Minions… Dinner time >:)""
Charm: ""Catch them!"""

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

PLAYERCARDS
Targeted players has a little “playercard” with their name, icon, active effects, titles, health. This should be improved with more and more stylish variations optained with completed actions.
Achievement points gives the background (None, Normal, Rare, Exotic, Legendary, GodForged kind)
And titles should be signed with little badges, so we can see by one click how experience much the player has in dungeons, WWW, PVP, or else. Earned title based.

Emotions
We’re waiting for emotions update.
AION had great /emotions…. In a style.
The most important, these emotions had objects.
So if I do /drink, my char had a bottle of wine, and drinked.
/eat: A piece of cake in my hands. How cool!

Anyway, multiple emotions would be cool. I can’t understand how the hell can any human dance only one way, sit only one way, do anything only one way.
/dance /dance2 /dance3 etc etc
/sit /sit2 /sit3 etc etc

Emotions should have sound effects also. Playing on instruments too.

M U S I C M I X I N G R E S C R I P T
I can’t find a reason why MMO games has bad sound mixing. GW2 isn’t else. "In my concept, music loops should be split and triggered on easy trackable situations:
An area type has minimum 3 basic music loop and some bonus on special areas.
1: Ambient music that fits well to the area’s style. (Forest, Hills, Desert, Wasteland, City, etc)
2: When engine detects enemies nearby, a new loop sound will start. It prepares the player to the danger. The closer the enemies are, the louder this sound is. If it gets far, it silences.
3: When player enters combat (takes tamage), the battle music can be heard silently in background,
and when player DOES DAMAGE, it becomes loud. Inspire the fights greatly.
4: These sound files are like layers synced to each other, so in danger and fight, we’ll get perfect mixing on situation.
——→ Example Diagram attached below

Preview Window Redesign
List of improvements needed for this, when the game is about collecting skins as prestige. “1: Characters should seen in full. No cut-off parts at big chars.
2: Full zoom by using mouse wheel. Helps to look close at little details.
3: Option to use our collected dyes in preview’d items as we can in our equipped armor. This will allow us to have a perfect preview on the items we planned to buy.”

*Upgrading Guild Halls *
Having a Guild Hall is cool. Purchasing Merhants are useable.
Whats next?

Guild Halls should start from “Basic” type. The guild purchases a territorry with some ruins.
After this, they should have the opportunity to upgrade & rebuild it." "Upgrading Example:
Step 1: Buy territorry with ruins
Step 2: Rebuild walls
Step 3: Rebuild fort/castle/buildings
Step 4: Clean gardens
Step 5: Build Asuran Gates
Step 6: Get special animals onto gardens
Step 7: Make statues & Paintings with little bonus effects (like Guild Banner)
Step 8: Decorate with flags, crests, special NPCs.

Guild Hall style Examples:
Castle with garden
Village with farm (Tyrian, Elonian, Canthan, Charr, Sylvari, Asura, Norn style)
Trader Island
Pirate Island (with broken ships)
Cave hideout
Cathedral with cementery
Royal palace
Hunter house in mountains
Quaggan village (underwater)
Kodan ship
Black Citadel Facility
Sylvari mini-grove
Stone Forest (Kurzick like)
Jungle Hylek Village
Ruins of Orr
Pact Fort, Asuran laboratory, Ice Cave, Prioty-like base.
All costs INFLUENCE
Collecting Influence will have meaning from now

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

More serious Character Customization
“You can be the hero you want to be!”
Remember this? I think there is a giant misunderstanding.
We see clones again, just like back in GW1. And we hate it.
If we want to make our own “heroes”, let us customize it in much more options.
More of: pre-made faces, haircuts, beards, body types.
Should be scale-able, like was in AION. + Limits should synced to each other, preventing anatomy anomalies.
Correction needed on skin and hair colors, and models+textures+shaders needs a rework. Smoother edges and color corrections.
When its updated, as a nice sign of fairity, give us at least one free ""Heavy Makeover Kit"" per every account existing."

Guild Member XP Rank-leveling Just an optional option: “For an amount of Influence earned, the members should level-up in Ranks or something else.
This detail can be enabled by the guild leaders or anyone who has premission.”
Unique style UI for every profession “Nearly the same, but different colors and unique frames.
If possible, let us chose the UI Theme styles in the Options menu. Customization here is same important. People customizing their PC desktop for the same reason, and we take it serious.”

Guild Bank Requests There should be a log tab, where people can do requests like: """Please craft 50 Omnomberry Pie. Materials added.""
""We need some more gold for Commander. Throw some in!"""

====

A personal request at my account:
Please do some research about my magic drop-rate, which was really pathetic in GW1 and is in GW2.
I don’t even have drop most of the time, but when I have, its just white/blue/rarely green, even with high Magic Find.

If I’m able to get some kind of reward due to my works, I would like to get an Asureflame longbow,
or one favor for an unique transmute skin designed by me:
• A modified medium karma armor sett
• A Greatsword or Longbow skin
• Or a compensation for my ingame losses due bugs and glitches (~500 Gold)
• It would be great if I can work for ArenaNet. My talents weights real gold. I’m serious

This documentation based on years of historical research, game & society studies and strong immagination.
Members of Black Eagles [BEG], Hungarian Adeptus Astartes [HAA] & Valhalla Rising Knights [VRk] helped my work by sharing their problems and opinions.

====

So this was just the 50%. I’ve tried to cut-in contents for every kind of player.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Um…

First, I’m just going to point out that you really should have split this into multiple topics. Because commenting on a crapton of features in a single topic is bothersome.

Also, there’s quite a few things that you mentioned that are already in the game.

1. Legendary weapons must have at least 5% more damage and stats, maybe 10%.
  2. Good ol’ Perfect Kit. A kit that separates item from sigil/rune. Never destroyes item.
  3. 3 Stage moving system
  1. No. The point of Legendaries is to look awesome.
  2. No. They had reasons to implement salvaging that way
  3. Why?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Thieves can be hit in stealth mate…

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Little bit of advice for ya:

One idea at a time.

By trying to reinvent the wheel, you’ve failed to properly evaluate a lot of your ideas, and basically made the whole thing look like a wall of kitten.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

Lots of great ideas in here, especially the gem shop. The gem shop should be FULL of character customization kits and appearance/skin/animation/emotes upgrades for both PvE and just hanging out in town.

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

@ Olba: We know that GW2 isn’t about Stats. But Ascended gears are stronger, and Legendaries are one level above it. If someone puts a lot of work on a Legendary when its not grinded, but earned with skill, I see no point to don’t have another benefits other than just the look. I don’t care about their power, but a higher minimum damage isn’t a big advantage.

@ Brew Pinch: Yes, they should be. But if you play PVP and WWW, you’ll see that they’re not taking damage and finishing people in stealth. I think its hacked seriously.
Saw stealth+teleporting warrior on the field some days ago… I had no time to target him for a report.

@ DreamOfACure: Its not possible. I should open about 30 topic that way.
Maybe I will. Depends what the moderators say.

@ Wintyre Fraust: Thank you! I believe the future of Gaming is ingame shops, where people can buy a lot of customization thing. The need groves strongly for unique setups, no matter is it an MMO or FPS game. It has a reason why people mod games seriously. A developer team should not allow it freely, but instead, sell their own for money.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

I’m sure you have many great ideas. I actually didn’t read any of it because I don’t want to read about things I can’t have. lol

-Wulf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

I have seen a lot of great ideas for improvement in this post, to name a few:

-more useful! items in the gem store, by that i mean indeed character customization items, dance/animations, skins for weapons and armor, town outfits, which would generate money for the company,

-and guild halls, my guild members are graving so much for a guild hall, just our own little spot, that we can design to our taste, that would be wonderful!

One little thing i noticed, players actually do receive karma for just helping with another player’s personal story, its been implemented not so long ago.

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

It is a bit bad that people actually lazy to read this, even if its just the half of my work.
Comparing view number and comments… 1%

Please take the time, I really need your feedback!

What about the biggest? PvE-WWW cross-support system?
I believe it will be the best unique feature of GW2, and will equalize PvE and PvP oriented players in the servers, so:

• Stronger PvE based servers will have more support for WWW, inspiring and helping them
  • Stronger PvP based ones will play more PvE content
  • It will balance the whole economy by its self
  • and will give a hard meaning to play Everywhere you want – no matter how leveled the area is.

This game will be greatly improved in the upcomming year.
It must bring opportunities for every one.
The best if Arenanet gives us opportunities on Gemstore where we will gladly spend more money for ingame things – than the amount of the game costs.
This is the future. Extra style customization level for $, meanwhile the base of the game is inspiring customers to play with it day-long. Not for grinding but for Fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kiwiMochi.3786

kiwiMochi.3786

I love your suggestion for weather improvement! That’s something which has really limited my immersion into GW2. I remember playing Allods: in the wintery area there was vision-limiting snow. In the scary-witch-forest zone the whole area was noticeably darker. We need that feeling in GW2.

As for your other suggestions, they’re generally valid and you’ve done a very good job of pin pointing which areas need work. I’ve been thinking about some of the same issues and I game up with my own ideas of how to improve GW2. I realize most of my ideas are far to difficult to be implemented, but at least they might be something for GW3 and the next ncsoft game!

Improving Open World PvE:

Harathi Hinterlands was one of the most fun experiences for me in GW2. Why aren’t there more zones like Harathi? I’d suggest 50% of the zones should be Harathi style, dangerous to explore and constant events etc.

As I said, I loved Harathi especially how it became more dangerous as I went deeper into centaur territory. I wish I got more of a reward for going deeper. I realize bonus exp is something of a reward, but I’d like (and I think most people would appreciate) something more tangible: either more random chests, more rich veins, secret vendors or better drops. If more rewards were implemented the difficulty could also be increased, I like the idea of having to be in a party to go deep into enemy territory, or to have to be very sneaky. This idea could have the added benefit of expanding ‘end game’ content. Why not expand the enemy camps to make it similar to a dungeon experience. That is make the depths of centaur / undead territory require high level gear / a party to survive in.

Gathering and Crafting

As it stands I haven’t enjoyed any games’ crafting system ever. This is not an exaggeration. I think the problem is there are fundamental limits on how creative a crafting system can let players be. A sword, chest plate and shield will always have the same basic shape, so you can’t customize how you put materials together. Also choosing / combining crafting materials has limited complexity because google and the internet let you look up instructions. My conclusion is the only real opportunity for improvement in the crafting system lies in making the gathering aspect more challenging.

I have two ideas on how to accomplish this. First, have karma vendors provide more of the crafting materials. Second, why couldn’t crafting mats become better as I go deeper into enemy territory. Either better by volume, or higher quality. Better by volume would be much easier to implement, but what if there were different tiers of crafting materials for the same item (think: rotten blueberry, blueberry, juicy blueberry)? Higher tiers of the crafting mat would give you slightly higher stats on the crafted item (by a small amount: ~2%). I think there are many more things that could be done to improve gathering that I can’t think of: maybe have some gathering materials drop only from veterans etc.

Making loot more rewarding

I’d like items to have variable stats more Diablo 3-ish, as the game stands right now any time I think I got a good drop I check AH and see … oh yea I forgot 50 other people also got that drop, its nothing special. Having some stat differences in items (probably not as extreme as diablo) would be more rewarding. This ties in with my point on gathering.

Making Combat more fun, challenging, diverse and thoughtful

I remember before buying GW2 I had heard combat was supposed to be dynamic in that you had to switch between weapons to deal with different mobs. I wish that were the case. To that end I have two suggestions on how to improve combat, one on the enemy mob side and the other on the players’ side.

Changing Mobs:
Why not introduce diablo 3 style elites with randomized attributes? That would encourage the intended weapon swapping. To expand the diablo example: versus a fire chain mob I’d use longbow, whereas versus teleport I’d use a greatsword.

Changing Players’ Side
(this will never happen; its a very interesting thought experiment though, and it would improve practically every mmorpg) To expand the combo field idea, I’d suggest a multi-classing system in the skyrim style. By speccing into multiple classes you could use many more field-finisher techniques, for example go into elementalist mode > put down AOE > switch to greatsword warrior > finishers. To keep single class viable, you’d limit multi-class ability in each trait, skill point and weapon abilities.

To spice up single classing some timing aspect could be added as in vindictus style games. When you single class combos / chain attacks would become available, whereas when you go multi class these combos would result from combining different classes’ abilities.

(edited by kiwiMochi.3786)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Actually, it is possible.

For one thing, if you bothered evaluating your ideas more thoroughly, you’d see that half your ideas already have threads. You don’t need to repeat them.
And the other half are too general or need to be more concretely conceptualized before discussion can be had.

For any one of these ideas, there are people who could write an equally big post on that single idea alone. This big post only shows that you can’t be decisive, which also affects the way staff judge if they want to read your post.

A good suggestion post will always identify one problem and suggest how it may be solved.
Anyone skimming your post will more or less hear this: “I want everything I want”. It’s the kind of post game developers in general will rolls their eyes at.

Being decisive and concise matters. Always.

We’re not being lazy, we’re being efficient. You are the being unreasonable by expecting normal people to read the whole thing when we have our own ideas to consider, other threads to look at, and the game to play.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

After writing the “Concept of the Perfect FPS”, I decided to make “Concept of the Perfect MMO”. There are essential features and different methoods to play them.
When the game is 90% about to fight, we must have a very good combat system.
What actually GW2 has is good. Good for common players. I’m more hardcore.
In my dream MMO, every class and weapon has different targeting system that can be used the most better. Hack’n’Slash, but not that hardcore Japanese kind.
Well Controlled as possible, because crossjumping someone with pressing 1234123231 like a thief is out of time. imo.
I really want to feel a lot of force in our attack, and killing in quantity, not quality.
I found it more epic… Oppa Diablo Style!

And Crafting…. Never saw it done properly.
In my “S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2” design, you’ll be a gunsmith who can put different aftermarket parts together to make the gun itself, then with a higher level, you can even fine-tune it.
Paints and attachment customising are also included. The reality can be programmed, and it will always work better than any fantasy.
Same features in an MMO, where you craft your armor by putting different shaped parts together… amazing…
We got 6 pre-edited armor pieces in GW2, and most of them doesn’t fit at all.
( Let’s play the smart & allknowing kid: Armor models needs stock-sizes. Like Lego pieces, where everything will match, no matter it is produced in 1960 or 2013.
And alternative variations for different shaped gloves, boots. )

Okay DreamOAC. You got a point. I had to release this in public, because by time people will suggest some of its features. The easy but essential ones, like custom things in Gemstore. A printed version of this full doc is about 5+ meter long.

BUT when I speak about how to deal with unpopular areas, or how seriously can Arenanet get tonns of money with the gemstore and when its our pleasure to pay – now thats something. Ascended & Legendary stat transmutations will be successfull, just like special effected/textured dyes. If someone grinds for a bow that shoots rainbow’d unicorns, (s)he’ll definitely buy rainbow effected dyes or else.
( I’ve designed a gun once with rainbow-shining chrome painting. lol )

So I’ve decided to help Arenanet with this.
I really like this company, even if I’m disappointed with their game.
But at least they trying. Not like the other ones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

And i thought I do writealready very much, but this is just an overwhelming wall of text I think nobody will ever completely read, especially because it looks by all respects to you, so extreme chaotic written without any CLEAR FORMATTING in it, that you can’t absolutely grasp everything what you’re trying to suggest here all.

Postings like this are the reason, why ANETS WANTS US to create for every thought out suggestion an own thread, just so that everything stays OVERVIEWABLE.
This thread is far away from being overviewable at all.

And I’m sure, that alot of the things that were suggested here are either already fixed, or are already planned on being changed/fixed in near future, when you say, you’re basicaly on this listign already since the release of EOTN…
I don’t get it, why so many people are so fixated to it to make in forums like this such extreme long unoverviewable wishlist like suggestions, instead on focusing on 1 idea per thread, what would be much better and would help anet alot more, than this here.

Just my humble opinion, no offense

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

After about the first page I couldn’t bare read any more of this “Give me what I want” post.

I’d just like to say, most of the “improvements” you say are beyond Anets powers due to technology, not because they wan’t their game to be horrible. You talked about weather, you basically had the same idea for every areas apart from, fog, fog, smoke, fog. How can they make “crystal clean rain”, “Acid raid”, I don’t think they have the power to refine rain so detailed. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Then, onto the other 75% of the ideas that I read, I know you said you had been writing this for “years” (Though how you can redesign the game since eotn when you had no idea how it was going to be ), but you could atleast not post the stuff in this topic that has already been confirmed by Anet that it will happen at some point or even worse is already in the game. Your whole dungeon redesign, isn’t a redesign at all. It’s a different story and that’s all. The end boss ideas you had are the same as most dungeons, you choose a patch and each path fights the boss in a different way, or it has different spells. If anet created the dungeon you have in mind and made P1 create the shield, P2 use the spell to infuse the shield, P3 to create the dome and P4 to cause damging light that’s how it would be.

And then you talk about how you can’t “be the hero you want to be” because balance issues, seriously how is this a redesign? It’s a case of class balancing that’s been in every single MMO. Your “redesign idea” of this is the same thing that Anet have already said they are looking at, making less powerful builds more powerful. The whole Gemstore will get done when more items are created, but they are not going to add little cosmetic items to the gemstore when they have important gameplay issues to work on.

Your idea of more weapons, more armors again will be add in time. Do you think they are going to add new gear every week? Just give them time and yes they will add new armor and weapon skins. They add a few new ones into the fotm dungeon.

Anyway, I can’t comment on any more as that’s as far as I got, but this post is a “I want this, so give me this” post. The only idea that I read that i agree with (that I know is not already being worked on, or I already know isn’t coming in the future) is parts of the weather idea. Having storms would be great, maybe they could even give buffs, debuffs depending on what area you are in.

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

@ EliteZ: I don’t really think its beyond Anet’s capability. They have great programmers.
In a simple Q3 & RAGE engine, I did these already. Script correcting and Retexturing.
Like a GTA IV ENB mod can be customized. Not complicated when they have the background system. And the game contains it already.

As I said twice, I had to upload this in public because time ran out.
I had the most of these before Beta tests, and I even had to test some things after the release. Like WWW and Leveling areas. I had to know how it really works like.
Until that, I had only immaginations with the base of GW1. It is based on the same ideology, with less technoligy and features.

Since I can’t put a 150k letter here (~35k you see here), many details missing.
Arenanet has the whole doc, so don’t worry.
Dungeons have tradicion anyway, but all based on go-killthat-go-killthat.
Even if you check many dungeon path right now, they make no sense. No other progress than passing-by guards until the endBoss(es) in most of the times. And I didn’t know these dungeon paths when I actually wrote it. I designed it in the same time when ArenaNet did. Sadly, I’m not an employee there, but it is a sign of I’m thinking on the right way, the same way.

My overhauling concept has a lot of details that work better, but only if every detail made correctly. Like if you replace a plane’s engine with JET, you have to improve its wings too.

So on, I don’t need talk about the rest of your post’s pinpoints. These designs made before beta tests. They are definetly not “I want this so give me this” like, just essential details & features, and I’m happy if these are already planned. They can count this post as a +1 vote then.

& I’ve tried to form the post. c&p from an XLS made it like a matrix code.
If a moderator asks me, I’ll put these in different topics with better formating

in Suggestions

Posted by: ToxicDerpsAlot.6428

ToxicDerpsAlot.6428

I just want to say that when a thief uses stealth YOU ARE ABLE TO HIT HIM WITH EVERYTHING. you just cant see him! but he does take damage!!

Venon Runeblade-Thief-[RE]-Rethesis-Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Weather: The problem with weather is that it will cause lag for a lot of players. I do like the idea but I rather play the game than watch a slideshow

Dungeon Redesign Concepts: The problem with any non-linear dungeon path is that players will always choose the path of least resistance. It may be fun at release, but 3 months later, players will always choose the same path. If killing the crystal is a waste of time, players won’t kill the crystal and go straight for the boss

Gemstone stuff:

• Ascended & Legendary Stat only Transmutes: I don’t understand, please expand on this.
  • Extra Hairstyles: Yes
  • Token Slots: As long as it is a general upgrade rather than per dungeon type. I would run only CoF if it is per dungeon
  • Charity Purchases: Sure, whatever. As long as it doesn’t make the game ridiculous.
  • Mystic Salvage Kit: No.
  • Profession Style Upgrade(One where mesmers gets a different butterfly texture): No
  • Emote/Animation Upgrade: Yes.
  • Unique Dyes: No.
  • Unique Minipets: No.
  • Unique Elite Skills: No. If it is too OP, someone will scream pay2win. If it is too UP, no one would buy it. It will be a waste of time
  • Unique Armor Skins: No.

Karma stuff:

• Karma for Helping in Personal Story: Sure, but it won’t make me help that newbie whining for help. Friends or nice people will help with or without rewards
  • Karma Receipes: Sure, if it means more skins

Game mechanism stuff:

• “Be the Hero you want to be!” Not true at Guild Wars, but still possible: If you are asking for better balancing. That is okay. But if you are asking that your ideas of balancing is good, I disagree. If you give all weapons the same dps, it is obvious that a weapon with huge amount of stuns will be the OP weapon compare to the former DPS weapon.
  • EpicHP 1Hitter Bosses are crap: I don’t. It is more of a challenge for me.
  • Targeting different parts forces the boss to make unique actions.: Yes
  • Dinamical Auto Targeting: No.
  • sPvP Variety: Yes
  • Thief Invisibility: No, Learn to play
  • No listing fee on accepting TP orders: No
  • MORE ENJOYABLE LEGENDARY CRAFTING: The problem with changing how legendary crafting works is that it will directly impact the economy. T6 materials will be almost worthless. Lodestones would lose its worth. Rare/exotic weapons will decrease in cost(Only gamblers buy them in a bulk to get a precursor) This has to be done with people with data and not people who dreamt this up in 10 seconds.
  • Ranger Pets: I will have to disagree with everything there. It is nothing but a big waste of time. Just give all pets(Minions, turrets, spirit weapons, nature spirits, etc) much more resistant to dungeon mob attacks
  • Bugged hit detection fix: They’re on their way.
  • Trebuches captured!: No
  • Armor pieces do not brake in WWW. : No
  • Waypoints needs to be fee’d as a goldsink: No. At least with armor repair, I can choose when I want to repair my armor. Waypoint forces me to pay right at that moment
  • Dungeon Stage Reward: No.
  • WWW Blueprint Variety: No. I don’t want to see a tank in a Medieval war.
  • WWW Fort Capture Reward Chest: No. I don’t want players to not defend a keep so that they can recapture it. Rewards should be handed for those who defend a keep, not capture them.
  • 3 Stage moving system: We have a third moving system. It is called swiftness.
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

• R a n g e r R e d e s i g n: Only played ranger for 50 levels. Not going to comment on it.
  • Animal Interactions: No buffs but I would love to see hearts come out of them.
  • Profession Weapon list Redesign
  • Ranger: Sword (main hand), Pistol (offhand at least), Dagger (offhand at least), Rifle: No. Rangers don’t use guns.
  • Thief: Sword (both hand), Axe (Main hand), Rifle: No, a dagger mainhand and a sword offhand looks silly.
  • Mesmer: Sword (replacing greatsword), Pistol (offhand), Dagger (offhand): No.
  • Elementalist: Just offhand dagger: Ele already have OH dagger.
  • Engineer: ALL weapon type, all slot. This will make an universal class if the skills designed well.: Obvious No
  • Hounds of Balthazar: No
  • Prayer to Dwayna: No, racial skills are suppose to be weak.
  • Prayer to Lyssa: No
  • Elite Skill Durations: No.
  • Animated sheated weapons: The problem with sheathing is that many sheath won’t work.
  • S O L U T I O N F O R E M P T Y L E V E L I N G A R E A S : No
  • Dinamic Event Resets: Sure whatever.
  • Ugly High Shadering: Sure, whatever.
  • More Hack’n’Slash like dinamic animations: Sure, whatever.
  • Ranged Looting: No.
  • Commander Title: No
  • Elegant Daily Achievements: Yes.
  • X+1 Achievement Solution: No.
  • Dignity/Ferocity/Charm: Yea sure.
  • PLAYERCARDS: Yea sure.
  • Emotions: Yea sure.
  • M U S I C M I X I N G R E S C R I P T: Yea sure.
  • Preview Window Redesign: Yea sure.
  • Upgrading Guild Halls : Yea sure.
  • More serious Character Customization: There is already a lot of players customization already. The problem is those players. They are wearing CoF armor because of berserker stats.
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Hela! I’m working on a huge redesign for GW2 for…years?

i honestly stopped reading when i saw that and that you had 3-4 post for it, too much to read considering you don’t even seem to have a grasp of time. FYI the game only been out for 5-6 months

in Suggestions

RoyalPredator.9163

When you say “No”, you should say why not. Otherwise, it means nothing but trolling.
Some for you:

• Ascended & Legendary Stat only Transmutes: Buy STATS only for these items. Because if you want a… Twilight, but your build and playstyle requires Critical dmg, you’ll have no good use for it. Making 2 legendary to transmute it for one is not an acceptable option. Get some GEM, Craft a Legendary, and you can change its stat for your like.
  • Unique things: Why not? ArenaNet needs $. It is the same as a mad king outfit. No advantage, but you’ll look cool.
  • Unique Skills: SAME STATs and behavior. Different, cooler models only. If you’ll be a Lion-man instead of a Bear-man, but no difference in skills, again, why not?
  • “Be the Hero you want to be!”: Yes, I’m asking for balance and freedome. I think if I want to be a guy who shoots arrows, I don’t need to be weaker than someone who uses hammer in heavy armor. It means equality in power, but in unique styles.
  • Thief invisibility: Its hacked then. We spoke about it.
  • Why the hell you think racial skills should be weak? Isn’t it better if they’re useable, looking cool, and balanced?
  • MORE ENJOYABLE LEGENDARY CRAFTING: It would be your call to get it with skill and challanges, or just grind the money/mats for it. You did misunderstood me.
  • WWW things: if capturing has cooldown timer, they won’t farm-exploiting it. They don’t even leave Grenth’s Temple to fall, but for saving it, we get no chest.
  • Charr tanks are existing. This is NOT a medieval game. Mortars, laser beams, asuran technology: Golems – it is Fantasy. And would be awesome if we can meet charr tanks on the field. They would work same as the current Alpha Golems, just looking cooler.
    No OP there. You should call BF3 a failure too then.
  • Weapon use lists: They’re based on reality. What you think on the current Greatsword and double-sword using Mesmers? Or dual daggered elementalists? Now thats really silly!
  • Customization: No, they are very limited. You can’t even make a normal afro-american face, just european and asian type. And Manga kind.
    We definitely need a lot more option, even if they can be only optained through Gemstore.
  • Things you can get by grind, like a Commander title, not logical at all. Why would you follow someone who just had 100g for it? Commanders needs a lot of tactical icon that can be placed on the map by them.

I think I know you and you’re trolling a little bit