Housing my way

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

CM is an example , big & vast dungeon which can be a somewhat reminiscent of a player housing ( if human). Why not allow players to build their own house ?
The implementation shouldnt be that difficult as the GW2 engine is instance based & we (players) have already a home zone

main mechanic : – achievement points
– raw materials (ore, wood… + MForge)
– building plan
– Trading post /TP
There are some beautiful structures in-game already why not use those as base building blocks to create a house with a Lego like mechanic. Basically using the pieces in-game to create a blueprint of the structure (building) we would like to call our home. The quality of materials, structures used will be determinated my how many achievements points one has (not as a currency but more like : the higher the A points the more fancy structures one can use). once the blueprint is complete one can start building its home ( gathering materials in the world , TP ; using the mystic forge to combine materials in new kind of materials needed for building ). “just an estimation – 200 rocks , 60straw, 40 manuer, 100 iron will be needed to build a wall of x,y,z dimension”
Anet can also use the gem shop to sell premade blueprints or structures.

What for ?
To some people this is fun, also there are insanely gorgeous armors & weapons in the game. I bet some artists at A net are quite proud of it & we the community cant see them all /sad face. Why not have a armor dedicated room , like a museum , where we can put armors on display ( a big place as there are alot of armors :P) Selling armor-stands in the g shop which we can then use to place & see the armors the same way they would look on a player. (in the housing there would be no class restriction on which armor we can wear, pure esthetic reason).
The Weapon room , same reason as the armors , beautiful weapons which some canot use , but would love to have some sort of collection + i would love to have different legendaries in my collection as center pieces, as im a necro , no offence , but there isnt a item of legendary callas in-game as for right now that i would wear (those for my class that is) althow having bifrost as a colectable , dont mind that :P . Again in the housing there are no weapon restriction – estetic reasons.
note: no restrictions as using the weapon/armor to showcase it , cant fight with it or do any sort of dmg.

Crafting:
for those who have build all the posible craftable stations in the house/housing & have a character with all profesions maxed , swiching betwen them would cost no fee + some sort of daily quest can be recived from to npc "craft this or gather that " but dont get crazy with dailies :P

Now the really fun bit , what i called : 1. Arena of Krxy
2. Forgotten Mist

1. Arena of Krxy Basicaly an area for pve, where players can create their own boss mechanics fights. Not for rewards or anithing , but for the sole purpose to create beter boss fights. There are some nice boss fights in-game, but i think some can create something which cant be done by A net. Why ? Dont misunderstand i dont think you at A net arent up to the task , its just that some ppl might see things from a different prospective & thus create something fantastic. (A net can use this as a inspiration pool which will never end + ppl who create something worthy can be implemented in the game & the player rewarded with an x amount of gems. Never forget Counter Strike , DOTA …)

2. Forgotten Mist

Basicaly same as Arena of Krxy but here players would create their own custom pvp maps , mechanics ….

Attachments , mannequin poses & nice weapon layout for a wall

Also a library , can we have a library in our housing which we can fill with books obtained in-game true exploring , killing bosses , mistic forge permutations or whatever which will explain the lore from GW1 , GW2, exp

thx, that is it, that is my suggestion , well the basic draft about it

Attachments:

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Sooo basically anyone who isn’t an achievement hunter can’t live in a huge fancy mansion, raw material costs will skyrocket and…

Yeah…

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Sooo basically anyone who isn’t an achievement hunter can’t live in a huge fancy mansion, raw material costs will skyrocket and…

Yeah…

“If i don’t play a lot I can’t get anything”
That’s what I’m reading in every second suggestion post. Seriously, it’s obvious that you need longer if you play less.

Back2topic. I think housing would be an good idea. And maybe if the interior could be crafted and the mobiliar would be soulbound. Would give crafting some purpose again.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Juyoon.7984

Juyoon.7984

Yeah…

That’s what I’m reading in every second suggestion post. Seriously, it’s obvious that you need longer if you play less.

Back2topic. I think housing would be an good idea. And maybe if the interior could be crafted and the mobiliar would be soulbound. Would give crafting some purpose again.

Yeah. I keep thinking that way too Ssalp. i really don’t like this “If i don’t play a lot I can’t get anything”, only hardcore player will enjoy that features and for someone like me , i think i’ll never get “hardcore-thing”

i really love ArenaNet to make more features for GW2 like housing , mount , new armors and weapons skin,mount and many more

(edited by Juyoon.7984)

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Akame.1073

Yeah…

Gezz you re a bundle of fun

No achievement points wouldnt efect if you in a shack or a mansion , but if you have more a points you ll have a higher selection of estetics & what if mats would skyrocket , you can gather them cant you. So i dont honk they will go up that much.
As this is a sugestion thread why cant you sugest something or even take a spin of my idea , instead of plain qq without any constructivity ?

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Akame.1073

Yeah…

if it apears that way im sry wasnt my intent, i all wanted is to use the a points , wich would be used as a scale , that doesnt mean you ll get nothing, its just to tight the whole game together , the interior thing its an awsome spin thow , never thought of that 100 points +

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Akame.1073

Yeah…

Yeah. I keep thinking that way too Ssalp. i really don’t like this “If i don’t play a lot I can’t get anything”, only hardcore player will enjoy that features and for someone like me , i think i’ll never get “hardcore-thing”

i really love ArenaNet to make more features for GW2 like housing , mount , new armors and weapons skin,mount and many more

im also not an achivement hunter , but some ppl are , why wouldnt they get to use them & its only a scale , you have to set it up . dont think there are ppl wothout achivement ingame

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i have spent countless HOURS in sims, designing homes, parks, etc and so on. i’d LOVE an option to find a tract of land somewhere, make it mine, and build a home on it. further, i’d love an option to upgrade it, to add to it, to put stuff in it … but i wouldn’t want it done on achievement points. now, i’m at 3k+, which ain’t TERRIBLY shabby, but how would this work as currency? would i lose some, and have to regain them, to purchase items for my home? no, i think having a town-related, or home-related “crafting profession” to utilize materials gathered from the world would be great.

ok, yeah, then maybe ANOTHER crafting profession for designing/building furniture? furnishings? c’mon anet, you’ve a player base that would HAPPILY sink LOTS of money into this!

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Player housing would be fantastic. I’ve yet to see a situation where it would be a bad idea, and some level of customization would be great. Now, as much as I LOVED playing Skyrim: Hearthfire where I had to craft everything in my home…I’d rather not do this here on top of trying to craft a legendary. It is a nifty idea but I am not sure how popular it would be. Instead, ANET could make certain features unlockable or buyable in the GEM store. In the holiday events we can have fun craftable decorations available (like the toy pets). It would also be neat to have a private place to hang out with other players, just for fun, and even show off trophies or armor/weapons you happen to like the design of.

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Akame.1073

i have spent countless HOURS in sims, designing homes, parks, etc and so on. i’d LOVE an option to find a tract of land somewhere, make it mine, and build a home on it. further, i’d love an option to upgrade it, to add to it, to put stuff in it … but i wouldn’t want it done on achievement points. now, i’m at 3k+, which ain’t TERRIBLY shabby, but how would this work as currency? would i lose some, and have to regain them, to purchase items for my home? no, i think having a town-related, or home-related “crafting profession” to utilize materials gathered from the world would be great.

ok, yeah, then maybe ANOTHER crafting profession for designing/building furniture? furnishings? c’mon anet, you’ve a player base that would HAPPILY sink LOTS of money into this!

Yey those achievement points , what i meant was something in the line as : example a table, you have x series of tables made by A net ; all beautiful in design but lets say if you have an x amount of a points you can use 3 dyes on it instead of 2 or gravings … things like that , just basically small details which wouldnt efect the playerbase too much. The point wouldnt be spent , they would be only used as a scale. hope this was clear enough :P

Housing my way

in Suggestions

Akame.1073

Player housing would be fantastic. I’ve yet to see a situation where it would be a bad idea, and some level of customization would be great. Now, as much as I LOVED playing Skyrim: Hearthfire where I had to craft everything in my home…I’d rather not do this here on top of trying to craft a legendary. It is a nifty idea but I am not sure how popular it would be. Instead, ANET could make certain features unlockable or buyable in the GEM store. In the holiday events we can have fun craftable decorations available (like the toy pets). It would also be neat to have a private place to hang out with other players, just for fun, and even show off trophies or armor/weapons you happen to like the design of.

Totally agree on that one can chose to craft stuff or buy it from the g store