Housing?

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

Player housing should be instanced. I like how Skyrim did player housing in there. Got to buy upgrades and etc. I completely forgot about GW2 going to have housing. I wonder when they will release an update for it.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

Player housing should be instanced. I like how Skyrim did player housing in there. Got to buy upgrades and etc. I completely forgot about GW2 going to have housing. I wonder when they will release an update for it.

Eh, Skyrim’s housing was very lack luster to me, all you did was buy stuff that would magically appear, you couldnt move any of it.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alexander Quess.1932

Alexander Quess.1932

Imma take a crack at a combination of instance/persistent housing.

Summery of issue:
It seems some people really want to show of their houses but player invitations are not good enough, also some people seems to want to see the outside of their house rather then just the inside.

Idea:
As suggested before players could have a neighborhood instance with a couple of other players.
Example: Divinity’s Reach, a thief could have a house in a poverty stricken alley-way. Several other players would also have houses in this area. Outside complete with NPCs that walk down the street and stop to talk to each other, just like a real city.

*Upgrades for interior will be available and they would effect outside changes of the house as well. This includes everything, color, extensions, furniture, balconies, ect…
*Don’t want other players in your home, lock the door.
*How do you get to instance? How would neighborhoods be separated? Easy, when you enter the “neighborhood district” you select from a list of street names. Street names can be randomly generated from a list of names appropriate to the housing area. When more players add housing, another instance is created and it is randomly assigned another street name. Of course the current player’s street automatically be selected for convinced.

Unfortunately this will not appease the people who want “Sims 3: Guild Wars Edition.” Although not adding a toilet and making your Char wet himself would be funny.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I think about this alot, because I’m really looking forward to it! It would be amazing to have it exist in the persistent world, but the problem would be running out of space. Ideally, if they created a separate server for player housing it might be possible to have that “city” atmosphere… but that would probably be asking too much. ANET seems to enjoy creating the impossible though, so who knows.

It would be really cool to have a Sims-type ability to create your own home though… and it would be equally amazing to have neighbors, defend your towns when they gets attacked, etc. God knows, every village I run through I see houses and wish I could live in them, put stuff on the walls, display weapons, plant trees, etc.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alexander Quess.1932

Alexander Quess.1932

=P
I don’t even know if the game engine can even handle a persistent, Sims type player housing.

LOL

But I think we can all agree that housing would be a great addition and I cant wait so see what the creative minds at ANet come up with!

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

=P
I don’t even know if the game engine can even handle a persistent, Sims type player housing.

LOL

But I think we can all agree that housing would be a great addition and I cant wait so see what the creative minds at ANet come up with!

Agreed, Im sure the awesome people at Anet will come up with something awesome! Or at least i hope so, haha

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Expecting anything besides instanced housing is a bit naive.

What should Anet do, in my opinion.

1. Make furniture usable.
Option 1: trough /specific_command. It will allow to use “Interact” (F) to move furniture.
Option 2: trough “Interact”, where character gets 2 skills – use furniture or move it.
Option 3: make furniture unmovable and let players interact with it trough commands. It will save players from constantly flashing “Interact” button.

2. Make character redress in peaceful clothes automatically, upon entering the home.

3. NPCs inside the house. Not traders, they should be on the streets, but NPCs, related to personal story. Some of them could visit on occasion (barkeeper daughter), some of them can live with the main character (sister).
And, please, remake sister’s story aftermath. The fact that you deleted and ignored her, just to insert in the end of PS, when she joined Vigil and found some dude (or maybe she prefer that dog?) without even informing the player is outright bad from all points of view.

4. NPCs you can buy. Maids, butlers, guards, pets. Of course there MUST be rare variations/skins, which require grind and/or money.

4. Customizable house wallpapers. Allow players to load their own texture, maybe.

5. Allow players to load their own images and replace default paintings.

6. Personal garden. Allow players to choose what they should grow there. Allow players to care about their plants. I think it’s a great moment to re-use that dye seed you deleted from the game.

7. Allow player to store stuff. Like a second bank. Put it in the basement. Make it small, but expandable, if you afraid that players will stop buying bank slots for gems. Allow to store gold there.

8. Allow players to own a house in Lion’s Arch. I think it’s quite important, since many people like certain race, but really dislike home instances and architecture of their race.

9. Allow players to close their houses from outside and inside. Both for NPCs and other players.

10. Add related achievements and titles.

11. Home clothes. Not town clothes, but home clothes, like pajamas, lingerie and such.

12. Wardrobe, similar to PVP one. I’d love to collect various skins, but putting them in the bank is not satisfying enough.

13. As some people said, some achievements should be rewarded with trophies. Trophies could be put inside player’s house (or maybe outside in some rare cases).

14. Kinds of a longshot, but a special storage room for Mini’s you own, where all of them are doing something. It would be great if their actions were related to Mini’s type.

15. A new profession (maybe a few, if you wish), which can craft various furniture, town/home clothes and such.

16. Make home upgradable. I’m not sure about expanding it’s size and increasing it’s quality, since it sounds hard to implement, but something like adding craft tables, allowing to use a new room, increasing allowed number of personal NPCs or adding vendors to nearest street.

17. Customizable exterior.

18. To improve, buy and craft stuff try to involve mats, gems, gold, dungeon “money” and karma. Some stuff should be rewarded as mob drops and for map/quest completion.

19. Involve dyes in customization. Allow players to grow dye plants and limit them in house customization to these home grown dyes.

20. Allow other players to easily visit someone’s home instance, with /visit “player_name” command, for example.

21. Windows. Windows are important. Windows are very important for proper immersion and proper windows can make house look hospitable, safe and cozy. My proposition is a glass with dynamic picture behind it and some good-looking light. Don’t forget to synchronize picture with day/night cycle.

Anet, housing is EXTREMELY important.

It adds end game. It can add a few short, medium and long term goals for players. Right now we have one medium one (map completion) and one long one (legendary weapon). PvE end game in GW2 is non existent in it’s current state for 95% of players (who’s not interested in grinding for legendary). You’re bleeding with these players.
A lot of players love personal housing. I played some games only because of PH, and decided to buy GW2 when I found out that GW2 will have PH.
It will revitalize Trading Post.
It will enrich the game, making it more diverse and deep.
It makes characters truly personal and unique. Personal story was a good mechanic, but it only shuffles quests, not adding to a real personality.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

Expecting anything besides instanced housing is a bit naive.

What should Anet do, in my opinion.

1. Make furniture usable.
Option 1: trough /specific_command. It will allow to use “Interact” (F) to move furniture.
Option 2: trough “Interact”, where character gets 2 skills – use furniture or move it.
Option 3: make furniture unmovable and let players interact with it trough commands. It will save players from constantly flashing “Interact” button.

2. Make character redress in peaceful clothes automatically, upon entering the home.

3. NPCs inside the house. Not traders, they should be on the streets, but NPCs, related to personal story. Some of them could visit on occasion (barkeeper daughter), some of them can live with the main character (sister).
And, please, remake sister’s story aftermath. The fact that you deleted and ignored her, just to insert in the end of PS, when she joined Vigil and found some dude (or maybe she prefer that dog?) without even informing the player is outright bad from all points of view.

4. NPCs you can buy. Maids, butlers, guards, pets. Of course there MUST be rare variations/skins, which require grind and/or money.

4. Customizable house wallpapers. Allow players to load their own texture, maybe.

5. Allow players to load their own images and replace default paintings.

6. Personal garden. Allow players to choose what they should grow there. Allow players to care about their plants. I think it’s a great moment to re-use that dye seed you deleted from the game.

7. Allow player to store stuff. Like a second bank. Put it in the basement. Make it small, but expandable, if you afraid that players will stop buying bank slots for gems. Allow to store gold there.

8. Allow players to own a house in Lion’s Arch. I think it’s quite important, since many people like certain race, but really dislike home instances and architecture of their race.

9. Allow players to close their houses from outside and inside. Both for NPCs and other players.

10. Add related achievements and titles.

11. Home clothes. Not town clothes, but home clothes, like pajamas, lingerie and such.

12. Wardrobe, similar to PVP one. I’d love to collect various skins, but putting them in the bank is not satisfying enough.

13. As some people said, some achievements should be rewarded with trophies. Trophies could be put inside player’s house (or maybe outside in some rare cases).

14. Kinds of a longshot, but a special storage room for Mini’s you own, where all of them are doing something. It would be great if their actions were related to Mini’s type.

15. A new profession (maybe a few, if you wish), which can craft various furniture, town/home clothes and such.

16. Make home upgradable. I’m not sure about expanding it’s size and increasing it’s quality, since it sounds hard to implement, but something like adding craft tables, allowing to use a new room, increasing allowed number of personal NPCs or adding vendors to nearest street.

17. Customizable exterior.

18. To improve, buy and craft stuff try to involve mats, gems, gold, dungeon “money” and karma. Some stuff should be rewarded as mob drops and for map/quest completion.

19. Involve dyes in customization. Allow players to grow dye plants and limit them in house customization to these home grown dyes.

20. Allow other players to easily visit someone’s home instance, with /visit “player_name” command, for example.

21. Windows. Windows are important. Windows are very important for proper immersion and proper windows can make house look hospitable, safe and cozy. My proposition is a glass with dynamic picture behind it and some good-looking light. Don’t forget to synchronize picture with day/night cycle.

Anet, housing is EXTREMELY important.

It adds end game. It can add a few short, medium and long term goals for players. Right now we have one medium one (map completion) and one long one (legendary weapon). PvE end game in GW2 is non existent in it’s current state for 95% of players (who’s not interested in grinding for legendary). You’re bleeding with these players.
A lot of players love personal housing. I played some games only because of PH, and decided to buy GW2 when I found out that GW2 will have PH.
It will revitalize Trading Post.
It will enrich the game, making it more diverse and deep.
It makes characters truly personal and unique. Personal story was a good mechanic, but it only shuffles quests, not adding to a real personality.

Wow man, these are all amazing points! I especially love the new crafter class, that would be amazing, and also useable and moveable furniture. That’s pretty much a necessity for personal housing.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EQ2 has made a mint selling prestige housing in its store (at about $15 of real money per housing x however many toons you have, well it adds up) .. folks gobble it up, mostly because you CAN customize it to reflect your time in-game. While I want GW2 housing to be its own unique entity to reflect the fact that its gameplay is unique and innovative, I’d adore some way of being able to customize an instanced housing version for my toons like they’ve done exceptionally well in EQ2.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Player housing items in the cash shop would likely be incentive for me to spend a few bucks to set up a house.

I’d like non cash shop items too, preferably most of them. However, maybe custom or fancier objects or holiday items could be available for gems.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

Player housing items in the cash shop would likely be incentive for me to spend a few bucks to set up a house.

I’d like non cash shop items too, preferably most of them. However, maybe custom or fancier objects or holiday items could be available for gems.

I prefer to get Holiday items by participating in holiday events. Always would bring back memories then when id look at them…

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

I would buy furniture for housing without hesitation. The home instance is right now woefully underused, both from a housing and from a plot perspective. I made a few suggestions of how to make it feel more alive from a plot perspective (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Personal-Story-Immersion-dialog-suggestions/first#post384913) but what Wanko.8103 suggested about housing would be completely awesome as well.

Seems my christmas list to Anet is getting longer…

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

@Miracle, GW2 isn’t real life. Rich people shouldn’t be the only people to get personal space, and it shouldn’t be a first-come first-serve system.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

I was dissapointed at first, when there was no personal house i could decorate and improve. Or buy at all.

Besides the fact Gw1 (and 2 is to) instanced by a LOT. And you can basically give permission to others to enter your instance, i dont see the point why was it not implemented.
Besides, did Anet say : You get to see as the story progresses you effect things…..Does that not mean we should have a house to?

Also, Gw1 had costumizable Guild halls. And we dont even have that in Gw2.
I actually find TOTALLY dissapointing it was not implemented….atleast so faar. But from what i see and hear they have to implement it soon.

Actually….if i know right, this was implemented, but its not in game yet, do to more pressing issues and lack of time. So it WILL be implemented. Dont get your hopes down!

BY all this i mean instanced housing. I think in “home area” would be even more cool to be costumizable, or would let you pick a house from the area after finishing the part of story or something.

(edited by Nekroseth.5186)

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

I was dissapointed at first, when there was no personal house i could decorate and improve. Or buy at all.

Besides the fact Gw1 (and 2 is to) instanced by a LOT. And you can basically give permission to others to enter your instance, i dont see the point why was it not implemented.
Besides, did Anet say : You get to see as the story progresses you effect things…..Does that not mean we should have a house to?

Also, Gw1 had costumizable Guild halls. And we dont even have that in Gw2.
I actually find TOTALLY dissapointing it was not implemented….atleast so faar. But from what i see and hear they have to implement it soon.

Actually….if i know right, this was implemented, but its not in game yet, do to more pressing issues and lack of time. So it WILL be implemented. Dont get your hopes down!

BY all this i mean instanced housing. I think in “home area” would be even more cool to be costumizable, or would let you pick a house from the area after finishing the part of story or something.

haha well you kinda said this yourself, but yeah, relax! It’s been confirmed that both housing and guild halls are going to be implemented!

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smudge.3874

Smudge.3874

I have skim read this topic, and here is an idea which incorperates some of the ideas from others suggestions…. How about having a Guild Hall which is in the world in an area of LA or other major city, the outside of which could be decorated with guild emblems and colours so that all can see it. Entrance to the hall could only be made by that guilds members, and the main hall could be filled with vendors, armoursmiths etc as it is in GW1 which would have to be purchased through guild achievements so a feeling of participating in guild advancement, however there could also be rooms for each member of the guild which could be personally decorated and accessed indiviually, or along with invited guests, similar as what happened if you wanted to show someone your HoM in GW1.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

In Divinity’s Reach in the home district, there is a house that is also a Point of Interest. I take it, this is probably considered my home. It’s lovely, but I have a few problems with it. First of all there is a bed which you cannot lie upon and chairs which you cannot sit. As far as I know there is no way to interact with the structure or have it change or update according to your accomplishments in the game. This is disappointing.

As far as other main cities with other races, everything seems communial and there is no place that is “home” to reflect your toon as an individual that is a space to call as your own.

I sure hope there are plans to give our characters houses that we can personalize.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: M Luminos.2613

M Luminos.2613

I want a manor, like Caudecus’ manor and how it should work is isntanced neighborhoods. I dont want my home in DR or LA. I want it out in the woods, it suits my character. What we could do is a large map with lots. The neighborhoods sort of like LotRO

movable furniture is important, trophies are important, a little pen where minis can play would be cool. A garden to grow a tree like a rich vein and I want to be able to build and purchase my own dungeon beneath my house/’manor that I can allow creatures to inhabit so i may slaughter them and take the loot. Personal dungeons for looting.. we can buy creatures to inhabit it there was that guy in LA who kept mobs in his basement. (whispers quest)

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

In Divinity’s Reach in the home district, there is a house that is also a Point of Interest. I take it, this is probably considered my home. It’s lovely, but I have a few problems with it. First of all there is a bed which you cannot lie upon and chairs which you cannot sit. As far as I know there is no way to interact with the structure or have it change or update according to your accomplishments in the game. This is disappointing.

As far as other main cities with other races, everything seems communial and there is no place that is “home” to reflect your toon as an individual that is a space to call as your own.

I sure hope there are plans to give our characters houses that we can personalize.

No, this isnt, as housing hasnt even been incorporated yet…and its already built and everything.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Wanko.8103

No, this isnt, as housing hasnt even been incorporated yet…and its already built and everything.

What’s the point of this house then? I though that it may be connected to personal story, but I already completed a few human routes and this house wasn’t used by them.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blumiere.1489

Blumiere.1489

Well since we want to have houses, why the idea cannot be expanded to having an guild house/base ? I would love to see how spent influence helped us to create an fantastic guild hub where players could have an banquet. It would also give us a little RP sauce to gameplay. As for now guild is mainly an facebook chat with buffs.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Most of the storyline instances look like they are in the outside world but are really just instanced. Housing will probably be the same.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i like the idea but i think it would have to be instanced else there would be lot of houses. but it would be cool if you could at least choose where its at. for me money is hard to come by so hope there will be some cheap furniture

Edit: As much as i would love to see live houses can you imagine 2 million houses in gw? No thanks

(edited by tom.7468)

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

What if (and sorry if anyone has already mentioned this) we had an instance that belonged to your guild and you could build your house in there and your guild mates are your neighbours?

A little town that your guild owns and perhaps even the location could be picked. Crafters and gathers of the guild could help build things in there to make new buildings (shops, banks, etc) or items for each house. You could pick which house you want to be next to your friends in the guild and decorate it how you want.

This could be instead a the guild hall and actually have where you eventually build a guild town center (or have the building there built as default) that could have trophies and such of PvE, PvP and WvW events done as a guild. Member’s names on the wall if they did something big in the game.

Maybe even choose to build portals to useful areas to help guild members save gold using waypoints.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Dark Blue.4530

Just thinking it would be a good incentive for being in a good guild and might be easier for ArenaNet to have just one big instanced area instead of hundreds of small ones (although that might not be true as they already have seperate ones for the home instances).

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Merv.3782

Merv.3782

I like the housing idea. But how about making it focused on a Guild.
Guild housing… not just personal houses. I know we have certain things for the guilds like the guild vault and treasure trove, etc.

After all this is GUILD WARS 2!!!

Maybe this was already said, but I didn’t want to troll thru the whole thread.

Proud Member of Vigilance
Shinoa – 80 Guardian – Sanctum of Rall

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

What I want right now is an official reply to this thread So many great ideas in here (and a few that I disagree with).

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Making it Guild only housing would not make it a cash sink. And the game needs new cash sinks before waypoint costs can be lowered. It also punishes players who are not ready to join a guild.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Smudge.3874

Just thinking it would be a good incentive for being in a good guild.

What do you class as a “good guild”? Size? The guild i belong to has only 18 members, but 90% of us have been together for 4+ years through GW1, to penalize us because we do not have x number of members would seem harsh.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Smudge.3874

I like the housing idea. But how about making it focused on a Guild.
Guild housing… not just personal houses. I know we have certain things for the guilds like the guild vault and treasure trove, etc.

After all this is GUILD WARS 2!!!

Maybe this was already said, but I didn’t want to troll thru the whole thread.

Indeed it has been…. see my post 10 up from yours

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I love housing in EQ2. The variety, ease of decorating, ability to have a carpenter to make furniture, etc. To me, it is perfect.

Lotro – I liked the instanced neighborhood as a concept but upkeep was just annoying and decorating was pretty limited compared to eq2.

Aion….forget about it.

Haven’t played the other games mentioned with housing.

I would love something like you see in EQ2 but that might be out of reach.

I wouldn’t mind guild housing but I think that should be in addition to personal housing. People might not stay in a guild or might not want to be in a guild. It would be great to be able to own more than one house too.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Housing?

in Suggestions

Dark Blue.4530

Just thinking it would be a good incentive for being in a good guild.

What do you class as a “good guild”? Size? The guild i belong to has only 18 members, but 90% of us have been together for 4+ years through GW1, to penalize us because we do not have x number of members would seem harsh.

My term of a good guild was one that had friendly members helping each other out and not the size. If your guild was on the small side, you perhaps wouldn’t need as many materials to increase the size of the town, and therefore it should scale with the amount that can gather and craft.

So being in an anti-social guild of any size wouldn’t be a good thing. It might actually give people pride about their guild and truly bring people together.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Lotro – I liked the instanced neighborhood as a concept but upkeep was just annoying and decorating was pretty limited compared to eq2.

Yes. A hundred times, a thousand times yes, upkeep is annoying! However housing is implemented, it will suffer hugely if people must pay rent or lose the house. ANet has made this a fun game, a game one can play a lot or a little and not lose anything by taking time away. That design philosophy needs to extend to housing.

It’s not even the money issue. It’s having to remember to log in and click the buttons to pay the upkeep. I get annoyed enough dealing with bills real life (automatic payment for car insurance, electricity, MMO subs, etc has been a blessing), I do -not- want to worry about them in a game.

As to the housing itself, the more customization available the better. LotRO’s instanced subdivisions is a great way to pack in ever expanding personal housing. It also has a lot of textures to put on walls and floors but when it comes down to it there are only a few hook points to put one’s decorations and a whole lot of wasted floor and wall space. I know there are database issues with more complex setups but the more we can move that sofa just three inches left and turn that houseplant only a tad, the more objects we can place in whatever configuration near each other we like, the better.

Letting players craft decorations will also be a winner. In LotRO I learned to make rugs, really pretty ones. They were a sure seller at auction, after I’d made all the ones for myself and my guildies that we could use. Rugs, furniture, paintings, lighting, tilework, wood paneling, house plants, all of that can become a thriving part of the economy.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

They’ve mentioned before that Guild Bases are going to be a future thing.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

In a perfect world, I’d like to be able to go to a designated part of the world and pick out my plot of land, then learn how to make bricks, beams, roofs, windows, furniture etc on one of my toons and build the house from the ground up. Vanguard has something like this and I loved it … but I fear that request is too complicated to ask for, and would present too many headaches.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Housing?

in Suggestions

Wanko.8103

Both Guild Halls and player housing will be implemented in the same expansion, there is no point in choosing one over another.

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180#entry887047

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I really hope they have a robust player and Guild housing system. I’d love it if we were given a toolset to create the housing we want. ArenaNet, please look at this video from Trion’s Rift, THIS is the player and Guild housing I would want. I also think it would open up a TON of gem store opportunities for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iszkazbhi-c

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

Both Guild Halls and player housing will be implemented in the same expansion, there is no point in choosing one over another.

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180#entry887047

Wow….if they implemented something like that, i would just die of happiness…

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Player housing is definitely an awesome idea. I really can’t wait for Guild Halls though, I actually can’t believe Guild Wars 2 launched without them XD

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

Player housing is definitely an awesome idea. I really can’t wait for Guild Halls though, I actually can’t believe Guild Wars 2 launched without them XD

Well you do know the lore behind the title right….cause if you did you would know that the Guilds in “Guild Wars” actually has nothing to do with the guilds that we know of and are thinking of.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Well you do know the lore behind the title right….cause if you did you would know that the Guilds in “Guild Wars” actually has nothing to do with the guilds that we know of and are thinking of.

I do realise that, I know quite a bit of Guild Wars lore and have read both books…

All I was referencing is that guilds have an important role within the universe, GW1 had Guild Halls- yet GW2 doesn’t yet.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I don’t think instanced is optimal either, but it’s really the only way to get it done.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

I do realise that, I know quite a bit of Guild Wars lore and have read both books…

All I was referencing is that guilds have an important role within the universe, GW1 had Guild Halls- yet GW2 doesn’t yet.

Well, it has been confirmed that theyre definitely coming…patience my friend, patience.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rurik Telmonkin.3648

Rurik Telmonkin.3648

I am not going to read through 3 pages of this, but on the first page of the topic neighbourhoods were mentioned. Well we know guildhalls are coming, why not turn these into guild neighbourhoods?

They can be instanced to the guild and you can invite others in of course, and all of the neighbourhoods can have the same entrance to avoid clutter, or 5 entrances I guess, probably one in each City/Starter Area.

This way each guild member can show their own flair while still giving the safe haven and enclosed space that a guild hall entails.

Thoughts?

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

If Anet added housing, where friends etc could come over. Kinda like the Skyrim mods, etc. I would play this game a lot more. Just make sure to make it customizable and not bland/basic like the weapon system. :P

Housing?

in Suggestions

Aeson Thackery.5927

I am not going to read through 3 pages of this, but on the first page of the topic neighbourhoods were mentioned. Well we know guildhalls are coming, why not turn these into guild neighbourhoods?

They can be instanced to the guild and you can invite others in of course, and all of the neighbourhoods can have the same entrance to avoid clutter, or 5 entrances I guess, probably one in each City/Starter Area.

This way each guild member can show their own flair while still giving the safe haven and enclosed space that a guild hall entails.

Thoughts?

Yes, although this has been mentioned a couple times in the previous two pages, haha. But that means it’s a good, well supported idea if multiple people mention it!

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kanojo.9527

Kanojo.9527

I think Runescape had a pretty good system for player housing back in the day. All instanced but you can select the location from a variety of places which changes the look of the home, and plenty of things to put in the house which encourage inviting people over (private dueling arenas and minigames, skilling objects which could only be found in a player house, etc) although obviously the system in gw2 would be different simply due to game mechanics.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

A huge instance of players houses would be cool. Imagine siting in front a camp fire next to other players in the night and telling scary stories.

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stex.6482

Stex.6482

I can not wait for player housing! This is something in the game i will spend countless hours in. I think that a house located in your city district is probably how it will happen (which is what i perfer).

I hope that you will be able to place furniture anywhere in any orientation, i also hope they have collision (like that they are solid objects and dont cut into each other).

I think that paying gems for furniture is the ideal way to do this. however i do not want people to be punished for not being able to pay for them, like no housing rent please!

Also a option to allow other players into the house would be ideal!

Crafting stations would also be awesome, and i feel that they would be a worthy item for the gem store!

I do not care for the npc maids\butlers\etc however it wouldnt bother me too much if they were in, esp if doing a quest or something would allow you to get say a merchant or friend to stay at your place. that would be a intresting thing.

the TL:DR version: I CANT WAIT!

Housing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

Rurik Telmonkin,

• YESSSS!! Perfect. That to me sounds like the IDEAL method to deal with housing. Every Guild gets an instanced neighborhood that can fit the maximum possible Guild Population Cap. And in the same way you would enter the same dungeon as random strangers, you cannot enter the neighborhood unless you are in that guild OR in a party with that Guild Member.
  • This would make it possible to have many neighborhoods without clogging up the scenic aspect of Guild Wars 2. This also makes it so that your neighborhood is truly only being shared with those who matter to you and are not obnoxiously bothering other players.

*Please do not add rent. >.> Many of us simply do not have time to manage two lives. I would be more that happy to buy furniture etc using gems. (Keep them on the cheaper end please) *

And to make up for the low prices, simply add more content to allow more purchase options. Many people (Like myself) like to buy many things to fit into our houses. Others, simply cannot afford this and would like to keep the same items in our house all year round.

Hopefully prices will look something like this:

Holiday items events give free items to decorate your house:
-Jack o’lantern can be obtained every year by doing some events or mini-games.

Have game accomplishments earn you decorations specifically for what you did:
-Win 1st in a sPvP Tourney and get a cool statue for your garden. etc
-Each and every title you can earn in game, gives you an unique decoration that can be added to your house. Whether it be a clock, a garden decoration, a floor mat, etc.

This would be a GREAT way to give players end-game without making anyone perform better than someone else. It gives you reason to take pride in what you do.

Make sure to have all items fully movable, even dish sets. Aka, fork, knife, etc can be moved in all directions. X, Y, Z axis, with tilt and rotation feature.