How are you supposed to get the precursors?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Serious question to developers: How are you supposed to get the precursor for the legendary weapons?

Right now we have to farm 15 hours a day for 3 or more months until we have 700 gold and waste it all on the TP. But here is the catch, if you find a good farming spot to gather tier 6 materials and gold, you can’t count on it because Anet will nerf it (“disable it”) as soon as it becomes popular. Serious paradox there: The game encourage farming but does not allow it when the player doesn’t feel he’s wasting 10s of hours of his life.

We can also use the Mystic Forge and throw 500 worth of exotics in there, which is like playing a lottery you may never win…

Anyway, why haven’t the developers thought of a way to get the precursors that has to do with playing the game and having fun, like everything else. Perhaps after doing all the dungeon paths or something? Or getting to a certain fractal level. Or crafting it, using all crafting disciplines.

Because the way it is right now it is NOT fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You don’t HAVE to have a Legendary. You can just as easily get it if you just play the game for a year and collect every collectible item you get. Eventually you will be able to make/buy it.

I stopped reaching for Legendaries because the Corrupted Sword I made a week ago is just as good. In terms of visuals, Bolt > Corrupted Sword. In terms of practicality, Corrupted Sword > Bolt. Me being a practical guy, I would take the Corrupted Sword over Bolt anyday unless Bolt was given to me for free. Then I would take Bolt and put it on the TP so some rich B2P elitist could buy it while I work my way towards a Corrupted Sword.

That is just me. :|

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I know that, but I’m being critical about the way it’s implemented in the game.

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

They made the Legendaries like that because they wanted getting a Legendary to be a legendary experience. I agree with you that the dream:reality ratio of Legendaries it incredibly off.

I do wish they didn’t dangle ultra-shiny and really hard to get weapon skins in our face because all it does is cause people to torture themselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

There is a reason they are called legendary. You don’t obtain legendary status by doing something just anyone can do.

Now the precursors are fine. Maybe a slight boost to drops just to push the tp down by allittle but not crucial. It would be nice to see more legendaries added to game. Having 2 or 3 of each weapon type would be a better solution to temper prices more than anytging

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

There is a reason they are called legendary. You don’t obtain legendary status by doing something just anyone can do.

Now the precursors are fine. Maybe a slight boost to drops just to push the tp down by allittle but not crucial. It would be nice to see more legendaries added to game. Having 2 or 3 of each weapon type would be a better solution to temper prices more than anytging

This post reeks of misinformation.

Farming a thousand hours is something anyone can do, however it’s something few want to do. No, I don’t have to have a legendary, but that does not mean the experience of getting one should be so mind numbingly boring and tedious that people are discouraged from doing it. Quite the opposite, people should be encouraged to do it in small chunks and still be able to have an enjoyable experience. If you ask me the concept of legendaries was flawed from the very beginning, and honestly should not have been implemented until the process of obtaining one was considered much more and maybe tested to gauge how long it took, how that time was used, and if the end result truly felt rewarding. Being completely honest I highly doubt anyone has felt “accomplished” upon obtaining the legendary, if it were me, I would feel like I wasted a few hundred hours of my life.

(edited by Toast.6459)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Legendaries should be:
Something you can excitingly go for. Something worth your time of launching Gw2.exe everyday to achieve the next milestone, with a fixed legendary clearly visible at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel is long and treacherous, but filled with fun activities worth the journey. At the end of the day, the legendary is the bonus for doing all that activities

Legendaries should NOT be:
Something you play lottery with to win.

Take, for example, Been There Done That: it takes a long time to do that, you have to trek through all sorts of Vistas and deal with skill points protected by excrement-ty statues that only do something when corrupted by a necromantic dragon. There are LOTS of maps, and they are all HUGE. The journey is cumbersome, but you get to see exotic places, something many could do, but only a few want to.

And have you even seen Gendarran Fields? That $#!7 is EMPTY. Those that have got Been There, Done That had to put up with the same emptiness across 90% of the maps, the other 10% being Queensdale, its equivalent for other races, and Cursed Shore

And the reward is just a gift? Pshaw. That activity is worth a precursor. A random precursor, but a precursor nevertheless.

Right now, it’s merely a gamble in New Vegas with 1 in LUCK

(edited by Raestloz.7134)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Should reward an account bound precursor of your choosing when you hit 6k achievement points. By that time you practically would of had a precursor, plus it gives people a rational way to obtain it as it is definite, and not of some non-sense rng.

The legendary experience is non-existent at the moment, nothing at all legendadary or even “fine” about grinding for something in the dullest of attempts. I absolutely refuse to make a legendary just because I know it’s a waste of energy and patience. If it were more involved into the story line and was an actual scavenger hunt and not have more than half the items availible on the tp then I’d prolly reconsider. Who made the legendary? Or who was it’s owner? Where does it’s name come from? None of these are answered, you just put blocks and triangles into the mystic toilet and vwala! You get a legendary….

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

im sorry but when i hear the “i bought my legendary with my gold” it really puts a scritt in my pocket. i have always be leave and still do that you “Earn Your Legendary.” and the precursors come down to this

Extream luck: by monster chest or mystic troll drop
Extream cash: dusk 650G

and with People praying to Dwanya for her to announce “Heros i want you to take this task and find these tresure and bring them to me” (precurser Scavenger hunt) but iv been holding my breath since January so that will never happen. unless they put the scavenger hunt in next patch :o

but don’t feel bad I’m going for Eternity in order to get that i need 2 precursors lol

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Suggestions

Zacchary.6183

This is somewhat off topic….

but for once I would like to kill a world boss without 200 people and 1000 more monsters crash my game. I am pretty sure my frame rate dropped to 1 fp5s last time I fought Claw of Jormag.

All this because everyone and their grandma’s cat wanted a pre.

What about me?! I want to kill a kittening dragon!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

(…)why haven’t the developers thought of a way to get the precursors that has to do with playing the game and having fun, like everything else.(…)

You can get gold easily just by playing the game, go towards 100% map and instead of running pass everything, fight all the mobs and gather from every node.

Granted its not the fastest way to make gold, but imo is the most fun, farming a spot days on end is definitely a no for me, I’d be bored to death by the 2nd day and honestly in a game with such an amazing art direction staying in one place instead of enjoying it all is rather criminal.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, precursors drop in many places, they just have a rare chance, so you can, again, get them just by playing.
And legendary weapons aren’t spouse to be for everyone, that’s what makes them special, imo the only one that looks properly good is The Predator, all the others are silly (like bows and gun) or over the top.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Dean Calaway.9718)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

They made the Legendaries like that because they wanted getting a Legendary to be a legendary experience.

this statement I agree with wholeheartedly. However, this is exactly why the precursor attainment process needs work. Many parts of the legendary recipe are legendary in nature- becoming a master in 2 crafting disciplines, exploring all of Tyria, fighting for your realm in wvw for badges, and completing skill challenges for the bloodstone shard. The precursor, however, is more like… Flushing money down the toilet. A lot of money. Over and over. Worse, the legendary already has another toilet-flushing mechanic- the clovers, which at least feel a bit better to get, since you either get a clover or some other t6 mat. There have been rumors of a scavenger hunt, which is probably the way to go- certainly a more legendary task than becoming king plumber of Zommoros.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

You asume that farming materials are the only way of making money. Being someone who is in the proces of making a legendary and who doesnt want to spent real life money on it I realise a few things.

First of all it takes dedication to do it
Second it will take time.

I know that farming for mats is a good way to get money,but I prefer doing dungeons. We have a good stable dungeon team in my guild wich can handle anything. We make a good amount of money that way every day plus I get dungeon tokens wich I sue to get exotic weapons to put in the mystic toilet. For me it can go two ways
- I’m lucky and the toilet gives me the precursor
- I’m not lucky and have to buy it.

Either way I see it as possible and doable if you are dedicated to your goal

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i’m frustrated at precursor too, no matter what i do in this game, how many hours i played, how many events, dungeon, dragons everything i have done on almost 2k hours of gameplay, the game decided i don’t deserve one.

to whoever says you don’t need a legendary to play, that is a lame excuse, i want it never the less, but apparently i don’t deserve it

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Precursor drop rate and achievability make the legendary status laughable and ridiculous. I’m not going to be part of such bull kitten.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

(…)why haven’t the developers thought of a way to get the precursors that has to do with playing the game and having fun, like everything else.(…)

You can get gold easily just by playing the game, go towards 100% map and instead of running pass everything, fight all the mobs and gather from every node.

Granted its not the fastest way to make gold, but imo is the most fun, farming a spot days on end is definitely a no for me, I’d be bored to death by the 2nd day and honestly in a game with such an amazing art direction staying in one place instead of enjoying it all is rather criminal.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, precursors drop in many places, they just have a rare chance, so you can, again, get them just by playing.
And legendary weapons aren’t spouse to be for everyone, that’s what makes them special, imo the only one that looks properly good is The Predator, all the others are silly (like bows and gun) or over the top.

The drop rate of precusor’s from events is minimal. It isn’t in any way shape or form a reliable method so just playing the game won’t reward you with a precursor, it is pure luck.

I have done all the world events, the temples in varying amounts (mostly grenth) used to mine/log/harvest all of orr, got DM, 5.5k achievement points, idk how many hours logged by now… no precursor. In fact the best loot item I’ve ever gotten to drop was a tp skin worth about 9 or so gold. Now tell me, how is playing the game at all rewarding me with a precursor? I have played enough to atleast earn some credit towards one had there been a quest line for legendaries, but instead we’re left with a the most unappealing method to aquiring these “legendaries”. Mystic forge to me sounds like a way to upgrade tiers or mats, or get some skin recipes. It shouldn’t be the center of the universe for something that takes as long as a legendary does, idc who zommoros is or what powers he has. The legendary weapons should be forged through hard, yet entertaining work that feels fresh no matter how many legendaries you make. I just don’t feel that.

The statement,“well legendaries arn’t for you then” is true but not just because it takes dedication. It’s because it requires you to grind the vast majority of it to get a skin. Leave that to the old exotic skins, make legendaries exciting. People should want to make a legendary not only to look cool but because they know it’ll be a fun journey. It seems like the legendary system as well as the fight against zhaitan were but a few things uncomplete when this game came out that should of stayed in the dark until they were ready to leave an impact on the community.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

To put it into perspective a little, the drop rate of unbreakable bells from wintersday gifts was “calculated” to be somewhere around .02 or .002, I forget. Probably same to assume the precursor drop rate is around that number too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Secretly, Anet wants more people to have to use real $$, so any good thing players can get & make a good amount of in game gold- it gets disabled.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think the “Precursor Scavenger Hunt” has been abandoned.

You have to be careful with companies. They often end projects prematurely with no warning or explanation. It would be wise to bring this topic up at each and every interview, to make sure they still have it on their agenda.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

One thing about farming I personally dont like (and i think its fair to say itd be a pet hate for the developers aswell) – It usually populates one or two events or one or two desolate areas in the game ONLY.
This, while one could argue is a choice that should be left to a player, is kinda unhealthy for the game in the longer run. It creates impressions of a static boring world in which most areas appear as ghost towns. Players ALWAYS seem to pick a type of item to focus on which makes it a focus on gold farming aswell. Vial of powerful blood for example, is something that (if centaur and troll farming was supported) would drive alot of players away from endgame farming any other type of mobs.
Its extremely clear to me that the guild wars 2 world is intended to be something players should explore and feel like no matter where they go, they should be able to get the rewards they want. Its a shame it hasnt worked out that way yet, but with farm spot nerfs (i still believe mass buffs to drop rates globally could come at a later if active player numbers rise dramatically), event balancing and such you can see anet is trying to balance the whole game world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

All the arguments about why legendaries are called legendary, and how they are not pay to get, how it requires a legendary amount of effort, etc etc are just nerfed by the fact that you can buy the kitten thing on the trading post now.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

It’s sad, they could really revive some old zones if precursor’s and legendary aquisition was made into an actual scavenger hunt. Get in-game mail telling you," hey I hear your legacy all over Tyria but I bet you’re wondering how to leave something behind in rememberance. If you’re interested see me in [Insert town here]. I have some interesting information on the past heroes and what they have left behind (i.e legendaries). Maybe get you a few ideas on how to craft your legacy."

Don’t release ANY details on where these components are, make them account bound on aquire, and drop only off a specific event or boss or boss in an event or dungeon boss or dungeon, whatever. Send us on the kind of hunt that bafles people who are hungry to find the components. I’d rather jump into brisban wildlands and hunt some hidden champion or locate a jp for a item than just find some npc who has the recipes.

I mean, miyini is in LA and just happens to have every gift of X, you just need 10g and its yours… huh? That didn’t take long to find…. I want to explore the game, and feel like all zones serve some purpose for end-game and this does NOT have to be events that reward as good as orr, this means quests that take me there and reward me with something I want. There is a ton of land to uncover, and even more hidden bosses than anyone thinks (I’ve done all the jp and boss and almost every exploration achievement. Turns out there is a lot of hidden content and I like it.) Should make them more useful than for just achievment points which don’t benefit anyone atm because there is no reward for having acheivment points, not even a title. Not asking for a stat bonus or some exclusive item but cosmetics at the very least which includes progress towards a legendary.

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Sad thing is any hunt usually has a guide showing up on various sites just an hour or so after the patch hits and few people bother sorting it out for themselves. They just go follow the guide and don’t figure anything out.

I did Southsun before any guides hit. But I know a lot of people were convening they weren’t even bother until the guide showed up and would ask every 15 minutes if it was out.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

So make it influenced by early game decisions, choice of order, social class, personality doodads, and throw in a couple more factors to make it dynamic. That way no walkthroughs, everyones is different.

in Suggestions

Kenage Achalarus.4276

It’s sad, they could really revive some old zones if precursor’s and legendary aquisition was made into an actual scavenger hunt. Get in-game mail telling you," hey I hear your legacy all over Tyria but I bet you’re wondering how to leave something behind in rememberance. If you’re interested see me in [Insert town here]. I have some interesting information on the past heroes and what they have left behind (i.e legendaries). Maybe get you a few ideas on how to craft your legacy."

Don’t release ANY details on where these components are, make them account bound on aquire, and drop only off a specific event or boss or boss in an event or dungeon boss or dungeon, whatever. Send us on the kind of hunt that bafles people who are hungry to find the components. I’d rather jump into brisban wildlands and hunt some hidden champion or locate a jp for a item than just find some npc who has the recipes.

I mean, miyini is in LA and just happens to have every gift of X, you just need 10g and its yours… huh? That didn’t take long to find…. I want to explore the game, and feel like all zones serve some purpose for end-game and this does NOT have to be events that reward as good as orr, this means quests that take me there and reward me with something I want. There is a ton of land to uncover, and even more hidden bosses than anyone thinks (I’ve done all the jp and boss and almost every exploration achievement. Turns out there is a lot of hidden content and I like it.) Should make them more useful than for just achievment points which don’t benefit anyone atm because there is no reward for having acheivment points, not even a title. Not asking for a stat bonus or some exclusive item but cosmetics at the very least which includes progress towards a legendary.

yes yes yes i agree with the mail message. cause if you remember in Gw1 you were a legend and a hero. be nice to see some places that have dissaperd like hot-springs exct. and also why not makeit completely randome like that of the personal story. only call it the legendary story. and here is an idea based on what you have inspired me to create.

Message in mail go talk to NPC
Legendary- you pick one
starts off by having you choose the path splits like this example if you picked the legend of Twlight
Into the darkness or finding the old sorce of magic
piked darkness —→ despelling dark forces (bosses)= gift of darkness
piked magic --—→ has you finding all sorces of magic=gift of magic

then after story up above you start
finding the might—→ showing off your streangth to a DPS boss= Gift of might
Breaking the rune stone—→ very diffocolt bosses henden thow tyra=100 Icy runestones

after the events of what you picked
the magic of metal—→ finding hiden Dwarvan armor or ingots need 250= Gift of metal
the Luck is there—→ finding 77 Clovers spread out throw Tyra=77 mystic clovers

now the final challenge this one gw1 fan boys will go crazy for
Defeat your Doppelganger= Dusk

now the doppelganger has your exact wepon skills utilitys and even traits has the double your health and has the same elite skill as you. when entering to fight your doppelganger a debuff will be on you its called “watched by the doppelganger” during this your always in combat so you can keep running away to full health and fliping skills. by fighting the doppelganger its a test of skill and how you have mastered your class profession.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

yes yes yes i agree with the mail message. cause if you remember in Gw1 you were a legend and a hero. be nice to see some places that have dissaperd like hot-springs exct. and also why not makeit completely randome like that of the personal story. only call it the legendary story. and here is an idea based on what you have inspired me to create.

Message in mail go talk to NPC
Legendary- you pick one
starts off by having you choose the path splits like this example if you picked the legend of Twlight
Into the darkness or finding the old sorce of magic
piked darkness —-> despelling dark forces (bosses)= gift of darkness
piked magic —-—> has you finding all sorces of magic=gift of magic

then after story up above you start
finding the might—-> showing off your streangth to a DPS boss= Gift of might
Breaking the rune stone—-> very diffocolt bosses henden thow tyra=100 Icy runestones

after the events of what you picked
the magic of metal—-> finding hiden Dwarvan armor or ingots need 250= Gift of metal
the Luck is there—-> finding 77 Clovers spread out throw Tyra=77 mystic clovers

now the final challenge this one gw1 fan boys will go crazy for
Defeat your Doppelganger= Dusk

now the doppelganger has your exact wepon skills utilitys and even traits has the double your health and has the same elite skill as you. when entering to fight your doppelganger a debuff will be on you its called “watched by the doppelganger” during this your always in combat so you can keep running away to full health and fliping skills. by fighting the doppelganger its a test of skill and how you have mastered your class profession.

I remember something like that in ffxi called limit breaks I believe. Fought your own profession or “class” should say, and each class had its own mission in the fight (thief was kitten easy). I liked it, a lot. Made me actually feel like I officially hit the level cap.

Translated here, I would love if legendaries ended in an epic 1v1 fight. This would however require their removal from the tp which doesn’t seem to be all that important or it would have been done months ago. Would be nice to see who earned their legendary vs who bought it, idk. Something adventurous is all I really want.

in Suggestions

Kenage Achalarus.4276

well to help with reward after doppleganger the precurser should be a account bound itom. that way you still have the option from loot drop or mystic forge drop.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

If you assume a precursor-price of 600g, earning all this money will take you about 100 hours of cof farming (10 min run and 1g/run). Actually the only realistic way to get all the money.
So why don’t add sth to the game where you can get a precursor when you have got 500 (or 1000, whatever) tokens of every dungeon + a certain number of fractal relicts. Furthermore you have to do a certain number of events in every area (would also bring back the people back into the open world).
Getting all these items could (and also should) take far more than 100 hours, but it wouldn’t be boring and it would better suit to what a legendary weapon should be: Something you get after a long and epic journey that brings you through whole tyria (and not only to cof).

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

If you assume a precursor-price of 600g, earning all this money will take you about 100 hours of cof farming (10 min run and 1g/run). Actually the only realistic way to get all the money.
So why don’t add sth to the game where you can get a precursor when you have got 500 (or 1000, whatever) tokens of every dungeon + a certain number of fractal relicts. Furthermore you have to do a certain number of events in every area (would also bring back the people back into the open world).
Getting all these items could (and also should) take far more than 100 hours, but it wouldn’t be boring and it would better suit to what a legendary weapon should be: Something you get after a long and epic journey that brings you through whole tyria (and not only to cof).

Well events don’t mean much nor are they meaningful to legendairies. If that was the case people would rotate on the map a very select few events as the “quickest” ones and still the sense of exploration isn’t there. Scavenger hunts are supposed to be hard to find, and no where in the open. A guide should only be able to give so much detail before the player realizes they might be on their own. Designing content that way is VERY difficult in today’s day and age because of the internet and how quickly guides are posted. The only solution I’ve seen dev’s use to combat those kinds of problems is making these scavenger hunt’s different for every single player or atleast a type of player (race, order, titles, etc). Putting in different paths like the personal story did too add’s to the unique flavor but it only delays the inevitable guides.

Also I’d hate to grind all the dungeons. I know legendaries arn’t for everyone but I don’t think dungeon grinding should at all be a part of it. At most 1 dungeon for the gift of X from them but no more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Serious question to developers: How are you supposed to get the precursor for the legendary weapons?

Right now we have to farm 15 hours a day for 3 or more months until we have 700 gold and waste it all on the TP. But here is the catch, if you find a good farming spot to gather tier 6 materials and gold, you can’t count on it because Anet will nerf it (“disable it”) as soon as it becomes popular. Serious paradox there: The game encourage farming but does not allow it when the player doesn’t feel he’s wasting 10s of hours of his life.

We can also use the Mystic Forge and throw 500 worth of exotics in there, which is like playing a lottery you may never win…

Anyway, why haven’t the developers thought of a way to get the precursors that has to do with playing the game and having fun, like everything else. Perhaps after doing all the dungeon paths or something? Or getting to a certain fractal level. Or crafting it, using all crafting disciplines.

Because the way it is right now it is NOT fun.

Just love the logical fallacy in this thread.

You don’t have to have one. ~ no you don’t however Tier 6 mats are used for so much more then legendaries, they are necessary for making runes and sigils with the REAL crafting in this game, not the mystic toilet so yeah we need them to happen more often. Also there are certain kinds (lodestones, gossamer, rares) that don’t drop from any of the RNG boxes they give us to use. Like the Orrian Jewelry Box or the Laurel Crafting Bags. These things drop so few of these items across the entire population that it leads to Superior Runes costing 11 gold each. Yeah look it up there’s on in there for that much because these things are so ridiculously hard to find, it’s like water in Africa. Seriously. They are also necessary as a means to earn money thru the TP. Pennies are endless in this game but don’t add up to much in this game.

Farming for thousands of hours isn’t something someone wants to do ~ It’s what legit farmers like me want to do, and it’s also necessary for legendaries and the acquisition of wealth, yet people who play exclusively in the open world (as well we should) are completely hindered compared to those who farm in WvW when they’re not being ganked by rangers or in Dungeons when they’re not being denied access because they aren’t one of the three prefered classes or in zerker gear. What we’d like actually is to be rewarded for our time spent, the longer we do something the larger the rewards become not to become cutoff artificially because their failed DR system attacks players rather then bots (bots switched to gathering nodes a long long time ago).

Legendaries should not be something you play the lottery for ~ well unfortunately that’s not the case, the chests/bags they added are in fact RNG , even those farmed from the level 75+ mobs are RNG so it is in fact a lottery because we are relying on impure chance that these things will in fact have the Tier 6 mats we need both for legendaries and for runes/sigils. So yeah they need to change the way we get certain Tier 6 mats in this game. I keep reading how people who don’t support getting real loot or removing DR call the loot system RNG when it suits them but not when it doesn’t either it’s one big lottery or it’s not, make up your minds.

“This means we need to give reasons for players at all levels to explore these areas, to reward them for their time, and to encourage them to play in locations where they will run into each other and experience the community-driven features that make Guild Wars 2 shine.” and " It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards." ~~ Colin Johanson

This means they are going against their own philosophy by making these things unavailable in the open world thru solo play and preventing people form reaching the most powerful rewards by choosing to play the way we want to play.

It’s not that difficult to take care of bots without using DR or loot nerfs, more popular and more successful games have been doing it for 10 years now without a hitch. Magic find doesn’t seem to help in these situations either so why have a mechanism in your game that doesn’t help the players achieve the goals they set out for themselves? Where is the logic in that? It’s the same as the logical fallacy that DR only harms bots.

We don’t want freebies we want the chance to get these things for ourselves without having to play in some other less then stellar method of achieving our goals.

I don’t personally want a legendary but those that do and I both share a common problem, a lack of Tier 6 materials in the most common of PVE gameplay arenas, open world and it’s high time this changed, or will those who think it’s not important still be spreading their logical fallacies next year at this time?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

I stopped reading at “It’s what legit farmers like me want to do”, the only logical fallacy in this thread is you. Just another misinformed elitist trying to sound smart, nothing to see here.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

You can get T6 mats as drops, not just from bags. Problem isn’t the mats, thats just part of the lackluster experince called, “crafting a legendary”.

The problem is the whole thing is dull, and one of the key component is based on rng. Realistically, why would any dev require you to play the lottery to work towards something thats considered end-game? (end-game being you look cool, not stat bonuses). I beleive it’s because legendaries weren’t fully complete upon release so we were stuck with a mediocre scavenger hunt which included farming a dungeon, map completion (the only part thats interesting) farming for mats/coin for mats, and oh yeah, a random chance at the CORRECT precursor. No definite yet reasonable way to obtain a precursor, not all of us are willing to toss 600+g into the tp, that just seems wasteful. Many people are crazy enough to buy hundreds of exotics/rares for the mystic toilet and they still don’t have them (hear them say so in map chat).

The whole legendary crafting idea is just boring. When I first heard it was a “scavenger hunt” I was excited and talked with guild members hoping there was a unique quest or mission involved in crafting it. After I heard and read up on them over the weeks, I just gave up. It’s not that I don’t like any of the legendaries (bolt and howler look awesome imo) it’s that the only reason I play pve is to have some fun. Something legendaires don’t offer…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

The problem is indeed not the mats and 100% map completion its the precursor who drops. I hate casino’s and also RNG its the same thing. the casino wins and you loose.
Yes you could buy one with gems or farm the kitten out of this game. but farming is not rewarded. so why login for so long? dailies do like in 20min or less. I must do something wrong. i see like almost the whole server walking with legendaries. dont tell me they are that rare they are not. but prizes of precursor are insane high at least for dawn i think it was around 500g? how for a casual player should this be reachable?
If everything has to be casual why not give every casual player a legendary with karma?

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

To put it into perspective a little, the drop rate of unbreakable bells from wintersday gifts was “calculated” to be somewhere around .02 or .002, I forget. Probably same to assume the precursor drop rate is around that number too.

It’s obvious you did stop reading at that point because you would have noticed i was on your side. smh

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Can’t they just utilize been there done that for precursor?

Make it a precursor of your choice. The rest you have to craft yourself.

It’s the perfect mechanism:
They already have implemented lots of maps. Anyone here ever tried to find PuGs strolling I. Level 50-60 areas? They kind of don’t exist. Utilizing been there done that means more people will see them
The title requires you to do heart missions too. You can’t just steamroll the map with Perma swiftness.
The title requires you to get skill points. Some skill points requires you to actively fight too. Challenge if you’re alone.

I don’t get how they have this amazing system and yet choose to not utilize it. One precursor per title, that’s all. Everything else you have to find by yourself.

in Suggestions

Toast.6459

It’s obvious you did stop reading at that point because you would have noticed i was on your side. smh

Starting your post with “…..logical fallacy…….farming……real farmers” isn’t the way to go. Negative tone right off the bat, which I had no interest in reading. My mistake, no offense intended.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiriyon.8735

Tiriyon.8735

Here’s how I do it: Leave the MF alone, gather your friends and do jumping puzzles for the chests, go hunt chests and do the daily world bosses for chests.
Seems like chests are the only thing that has a nice chance to drop a precursor.
Now, you can have two choices- either trade a precursor you own with what you need or keep farming with your friends (team of 5 intensify the chance to get the precursor 5 times, obviously) and share your precursors as you need.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Back when everybody said “I’m 80 full exotic, I’m done”, ArenaNet introduced the ascended gear to “fill the gap” between exotic and legendary. ArenaNet has been saying they want legendaries as a long term motivation.

And if you collect anything BUT the precursor, you can indeed be motivated because you follow a clear path. Then you get into how to earn a precursor and all there is to do is count on luck, or grind away.

Even IF you do find a precursor, you sill got a 95% chance that it is not the one you want.

Go figure

in Suggestions

Posted by: PiSquare.2904

PiSquare.2904

Legenderies are not really legendary in GW 2. They should be renamed into Tedium items or Paid items.

That is pretty much what they are. No task required for achieving the “Legendary” item is hard, or would require any real effort, its all just a slow grind for it, where you might get lucky and sell a precursor drop or two on the AH to aquire it faster.

If they really wanted a Legendary weapon, they should have made a hard quest as a prerequisite for completing it, instead of here throw a bunch of items into a toilet and get shiny stuff. The requirements are ridiculous, not because of the ammounts, its because arenanet wants you to get X items for it, but then procedes to make it harder to get those items whenever you find a good way of aquiring them.

And im not even talking about broken super efficient farming methods. Farming is completely discouraged in this game. Actually most prolonged playing is discouraged, taking in content in bitesized chunks on the other hand is encouraged. Grind a bit every day, purchase some boosts off the trading post, stick to the game for as long as possible before you notice that its an empty shell and it has very little to offer besides reskinned enemies with the same mechanics over and over just with a fresh coat of paint.

I keep returning to the game every now and then to check up on the developer progress to see if they managed to get somewhere, or if they finnaly went into the right direction, and all i see everytime i come back is a bunch of new minigames instead of the content that should have been in the game from the first day on. The same thing goes for legendaries and how they are created.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

well you arent considered a Legendary hero simply because you had a huge gold and treasures vault dumped into a mystic toilet