How to fix Meteorlogicus for Everyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Here is my sincere attempt to be constructive.

Not many people are 100% satisfied by the new Meteorlogicus. Here are some suggestions on how to make more people happy:

Awesome Job On Some Of The Changes:

-New textures look amazing

-New daytime glow looks amazing

-Day/night cycle is a cool idea

Fixes Everyone Can Agree Upon:

-The blue/purple trail should not have been removed. This trail looked amazing and needs to come right back.

-When sheathed during daytime, Meteorlogicus no longer glows, which looks atrocious. Return Meteorlogicus to full effects when sheathed. The weapon just looks like a bunch of random bits of empty metal when sheathed now, whereas before it was a beautiful, glowy scepter with a purple/blue trail. The fact that it glows when sheathed at night suggests this is just a bug.

Fixes Only Some People Want:

-About 50% of players seem to hate the new footfalls.
I think the biggest issue is that the clouds take a little too long to form, and that since the lightning is off the ground, unlike other footsteps, it is visually disorienting to have right in your face. Perhaps the clouds should appear at the same time or before the Lightning.
The black clouds also make little sense during daytime— perhaps these footsteps should only appear at night, with white clouds with no lightning during the day.

-Many players dislike Meteorlogicus turning purple at night.

At this point, I think Anet should do right by the community and split Meteorlogicus into two different skins via Mystic Forge Recipe.

Dark Meteorlogicus:
Current Meteorlogicus, but with all of the above changes.

Light Meteorlogicus
Removed footsteps. Removed day/night cycle. Remains blue and sunny at all times. True to the original Meteorlogicus. A perfect version of the serene, tranquil weapon that many of us worked months towards.

This would make everyone happy while giving Meteorlogicus a special, unique customization that makes it LEGENDARY for all players.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Changing a weapon’s color, particularly an expensive Legendary’s, was an unprecedented move that has made a lot of people upset. It sets the dangerous standard that Anet can do anything they want to change an item that you worked hard for. This would be a good faith move that would make all current and future Meteorlogicus users happy.

General Forum Thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-fix-Meteorlogicus-for-Everyone/first#post2765577

(edited by Hamartia.3421)

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

in Suggestions

Posted by: star.5296

star.5296

Oh my godd, the the trail was just so lovely. It’s a shame they removed it. I thought the footfall was alright. It wouldv’e been nice if it was white clouds during day and black @ night. (:

I just want the trail & perma glow back, idc what colour it is :C

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Oh my godd, the the trail was just so lovely. It’s a shame they removed it. I thought the footfall was alright. It wouldv’e been nice if it was white clouds during day and black @ night. (:

I just want the trail & perma glow back, idc what colour it is :C

That’s why I made a more moderate version of my whiny posts that emphasized the changes that EVERYONE would want. =)

Much as the purple and stupid storm clouds on my tranquil blue scepter irritate me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

Cryers gonna cry ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphirr.3512

Syphirr.3512

Annelotte,

I don’t mind the ADDITIONS, and don’t even mind the purple.

But are you seriously telling me you like the fact the have REMOVED the sheathed glow and trail? You are in favour of them removing effects?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twiggy Stick.9367

Twiggy Stick.9367

Okay, this is for all the people wining about the new footsteps. People.. The footsteps are a perfect fit for th weapon; the precurser is called -STORM- and it uses 100 charged lodestones to make. Hence why the footsteps match.

Lets disreguard that. Yes the nighttime effect is awesome imo, but the only thing that bugs me is that the end of the handle is still blue. I would like this suggestion to go through and possibly be changed. secondly there is a glitch where their is some kind of equilibrium effect, where it still trials, as seen in the picture.

With these in mind, I thank Anet for updating this legendary, I am a happy and proud owner.

Kind reguards: Twiggz.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

Annelotte,

But are you seriously telling me you like the fact the have REMOVED the sheathed glow and trail? You are in favour of them removing effects?

only the blue/purple trail

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Annelotte,

This is exactly why I made a more moderate version of the thread.

I understand not everyone HATES the purple and Lightning as I do.

But every single person with Meteorlogicus should want back the sheathed glow and the trail.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Okay, this is for all the people wining about the new footsteps. People.. The footsteps are a perfect fit for th weapon; the precurser is called -STORM- and it uses 100 charged lodestones to make. Hence why the footsteps match.

Lets disreguard that. Yes the nighttime effect is awesome imo, but the only thing that bugs me is that the end of the handle is still blue. I would like this suggestion to go through and possibly be changed. secondly there is a glitch where their is some kind of equilibrium effect, where it still trials, as seen in the picture.

With these in mind, I thank Anet for updating this legendary, I am a happy and proud owner.

Dude, you posted a picture of the legendary when it is BUGGED and showing the glow while sheathed.

That is one of the things I’m suggesting it needs to do all the time.

in Suggestions

Twiggy Stick.9367

Dude, you posted a picture of the legendary when it is BUGGED and showing the glow while sheathed.

I realise that, and thats why i stated. in the picture below, it is glitched.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

I most humbly apologize to you, sir. I started a new job yesterday and it seems my reading comprehension was negatively affected. :P

in Suggestions

Twiggy Stick.9367

I most humbly apologize to you, sir. I started a new job yesterday and it seems my reading comprehension was negatively affected. :P

We all have those days, don’t we? But aye, its alright

in Suggestions

Posted by: ixAndred.1378

ixAndred.1378

Hopefully the trail not showing is just a bug. =( With the trail, it just looks more epic like a falling star.

(edited by ixAndred.1378)

in Suggestions

Twiggy Stick.9367

Here is a pic of the trail in action from the new update. It happens when you keep it sheathed at night. Don’t tell me why it does this, but its apart of the glitches the updated meteorlogicus has.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Here is a pic of the trail in action from the new update. It happens when you keep it sheathed at night. Don’t tell me why it does this, but its apart of the glitches the updated meteorlogicus has.

Yup, looks much better with the trail.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

I really like the new Meteorlogicus, and the updates they made are what convinced me to make it instead of a different legendary. I just finished mine last night. My thoughts:

1) I like the electrical storm footfalls, but the clouds themselves are not very visible against a lot of ground textures. I suppose they don’t really need to be given the lightning effect but I wish the clouds were just a little lighter grey so as to stand out better.

2) The lack of glow when sheathed during the daytime is a bummer. It stands out so well at night when it glows that I do miss it in daytime.

3) I am one of the people that love the nighttime purple glow color. It’s fantastic! I feel bad for the folks that made it pre-patch and don’t like it, but I’d be terribly sad if ANet removed it now. The daytime-nighttime change is one of the coolest parts of the weapon.

4) Since I didn’t own this weapon pre-patch, I don’t really have any strong feelings about the trail either way. I feel like it could be showy enough with a daytime sheathed glow, given that the footfalls are already very showy! But I wouldn’t be upset if it had one either.

5) I wish that Meteorlogicus had a special attacking effect like many of the other weapons, like the Bifrost with its new rainbow bolt, or the special effects that Incinerator has with some skills. This would be my only real “complaint” about the weapon.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Pretty fair assessment Liraz.

I’m not against the purple/day night cycle in general; I just want it to be optional since a lot of us made this weapon because it was less gimmicky or more solid.

At this point, I actually dislike the footsteps and lack of daytime sheathed glow more than the purple night-time effects.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Since the legendary greatswords have it, why not the scepter? In fact, I think every legendary should have two variants so that it would be fair for all. I’ll give kudos to Anet for being creative on their ideas, but sometimes the ideas didn’t get executed right.

I agree a lot of the issues that you’ve mentioned, Hamartia. Even though I am mainly a mesmer, my favorite color is blue and given the choice, I’d rather pick the blue/sunny version. I too don’t like lightning/thunderclouds. That’s one of the reasons why I didn’t go for Bolt. While the purple is nice, I think a navy/royal blue night sky would fit nighttime more.

I was surprised about the blue trail being removed. It was there for a bit and was longer/brighter and it looked really good! I miss the trail to be honest. It got people taking a notice of me as I run/walk by.

I also didn’t like that when sheathed, the glow on either disappears. Like what others have said, the glow makes it stand out more instead of some little toy-like gadget.

The footsteps are neat and unique, but it felt like it was geared towards the night version more.

If cannot split the 2 versions, at least give the day/sunny back the trail and during nighttime/moon, have it change to give the footsteps.

Where can I sign to have these fixes done?

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Since the legendary greatswords have it, why not the scepter? In fact, I think every legendary should have two variants so that it would be fair for all. I’ll give kudos to Anet for being creative on their ideas, but sometimes the ideas didn’t get executed right.

I agree a lot of the issues that you’ve mentioned, Hamartia. Even though I am mainly a mesmer, my favorite color is blue and given the choice, I’d rather pick the blue/sunny version. I too don’t like lightning/thunderclouds. That’s one of the reasons why I didn’t go for Bolt. While the purple is nice, I think a navy/royal blue night sky would fit nighttime more.

I was surprised about the blue trail being removed. It was there for a bit and was longer/brighter and it looked really good! I miss the trail to be honest. It got people taking a notice of me as I run/walk by.

I also didn’t like that when sheathed, the glow on either disappears. Like what others have said, the glow makes it stand out more instead of some little toy-like gadget.

The footsteps are neat and unique, but it felt like it was geared towards the night version more.

If cannot split the 2 versions, at least give the day/sunny back the trail and during nighttime/moon, have it change to give the footsteps.

Where can I sign to have these fixes done?

Agreed on all counts.

The footsteps only seem to match the Night version. For the day version, black clouds and Lightning don’t fit the aesthetic.

I think the main issue with the footsteps though, is its the only legendary that has a 3d footstep— everything else is placed flat on the ground, which means it isn’t distracting visual information shot into your face as you walk.

The lightning also appears almost instantly, before the clouds, which means it occurs within your field of view rather than mostly being something awesome that appears behind you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Annelotte,

Many (if not most/all) weapons loose all effects when sheathed. It could have been a bug for all we know.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Annelotte,

Many (if not most/all) weapons loose all effects when sheathed. It could have been a bug for all we know.

A bug that went from launch until September 3rd, despite several Meteorlogicus update.

And it continues to glow when Sheathed at night time only.

It is clearly a mistake or oversight that it does not glow when sheathed during the day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

This looks so lovely really.. Always when I teleport somewhere at night, I keep the weapons sheathed and with tears in my eyes, I watch the bugged Meteorloicus with the beautiful trail. After a minute I go do what I wanted.. I do it EVERY SINGLE TIME and Im just hoping that they will fix it and add back the trail for ever!! …

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Another work week begins.

Please ANet, atleast fix stuff like not glowing when Sheathed during the day. With details like thakittens worse than it was pre-patch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Agree with fixing the not-glowing-when-sheathed issues. It would also be nice to bring back the blue trail for day time and have those footfall steps on for night time (that’s if they’re not going to split them).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

If only they would return the sheathed glow during the day and the trail, I would make this scepter right now. I love all the new changes, just give us back what was already there before editing it.

People who are asking for more spell effects, different footfalls, etc, are really pushing their luck. The changes are great, they just need to give us back what was originally there before and what made people want to make the scepter in the first place. There are people here suggesting two different sets of footfalls, but do you know any legendary that has TWO sets of footfalls? Not even Eternity has that. You can’t be whining for that with an ordinary legendary. I’m already impressed that they gave Meteorlogicus a day and night cycle when the only other legendary with that extravagant concept is Eternity.

Great job with the new effects, Anet. Please just return the sheathed glow and the trail effect.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Crafted my Meteorlogicus a few days ago. Kinda an empty feeling, due to effects I was looking forward to being missing. Zoned into LA once and it had a trail at night (haven’t seen it since), then zoned to The Grove at night and there was no trail. I’d love it if this could get fixed.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Suggestions

Syphirr.3512

The lack of glow and trail is DEFINITELY a bug. The fact it’s there in night-time zones says it all.

Also notice that when the glow and trail is back, the purple that some people are complaining about looks amazing. We need to make anet aware of this. I can see why they might not even acknowledge it as an issue with everyone talking about wanting extras, etc. I’ve reported it, and I urge anyone that wants these effects fixed to do the same.

To clarify; The stowed glow and trail are meant to be there. A bug makes them disappear on weapon use during the night, and they outright don’t appear during the day. You can bring them back by unequipping and re-equipping during the night, but they’ll soon disappear when you draw the weapon.

So please, everyone – report this: It’s a bug.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Meteorlogicus-Visual-Bug/first#post2839092

in Suggestions

Syphirr.3512

If only they would return the sheathed glow during the day and the trail, I would make this scepter right now. I love all the new changes, just give us back what was already there before editing it.

People who are asking for more spell effects, different footfalls, etc, are really pushing their luck. The changes are great, they just need to give us back what was originally there before and what made people want to make the scepter in the first place. There are people here suggesting two different sets of footfalls, but do you know any legendary that has TWO sets of footfalls? Not even Eternity has that. You can’t be whining for that with an ordinary legendary. I’m already impressed that they gave Meteorlogicus a day and night cycle when the only other legendary with that extravagant concept is Eternity.

Great job with the new effects, Anet. Please just return the sheathed glow and the trail effect.

I completely agree with you, and I’m worried that anet will primarily see people asking for more and not see that this is quite clearly bugged.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

Can’t believe sheathed glow and trail haven’t been fixed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

-I honestly do not mind the footprints, they fit the weapon more then the trail.
-The trail was also ok but I just like the footprints better,
-I also like the color changing and most of other changes.
-I do not find the old the trail ugly but having all effects back and these added would be to extreme.

And to be honest I only want the glow back when it’s stowed, with this remark:
About the purple glow at night…. I would have liked it better if it would have been a slight “bluish ice” type of color, purple is kinda mesmer, and I use my legendary on a celestial clad ele, with regal or sapphire or whitegold, mithril and icing colors, no pink at all here. I’m saving to get an ascended health-based skin to put over my zerk dagger with the ele cause I hate the red…. It really doesnt fit my image I’m working towards

Else I would have saved me a lot of trouble by just buying a mesmer set for my ele…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Suggestions

Hamartia.3421

I feel like such a whiny baby, but I have hardly played the game since Anet ruined my legendary.