In-game Guild Calendar

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Hello,

I am in a guild who uses a Facebook group to update people on events and such, which isn’t such a bad thing, but I thought it might be better if everything can be done in game because having to exit the game to see what your guild is planning seems a bit counter-productive?

that’s why I thought it might be a good idea if some sort of calendar could be implemented into the guild panel so officer’s can mark events? You could also allow user’s to match the time-zones on the calendar to their own to prevent any confusion over timezone differences (I am guessing that it can take this from the in-game clock but I’m no programmer).

Additionally, the events can be highlighted in different colors for different types. IE, Dungeons could be colored Yellow, WvW blue, PvP red, Guild missions Green etc… These colors should be uniform across the game (ie, not customizable) to ensure clarity when switching between guilds. This would create a better user experience.

When clicking on the event, there should be a panel to the side detailing it with a box that the creating officer typed the details into. They should also be able to link map locations (POI, Waypoints etc) like you can in chat so people can click them to see where the event is.

The guild leader should be able to select who in the guild has access to edit the calendar, just like they can select access rights to everything else. This way they can differentiate event leaders from other officers if they wanted to.

What do you guys think?

(edited by Lord Krilik.3692)

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

yes, yes and yes.

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

YES PLEASE! We need this to show players when events are.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

In my opinion, this is the single best feature they could add to the game right now for guilds of all sizes.

A calendar is very important for organized groups. Please consider this.

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Lord Krilik.3692

Aww, thank you for your positive responses!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Perfect for people who want to make a guild, but don’t have(or want to use) a seperate website to operate it.

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aberforth Everhardt.7590

Aberforth Everhardt.7590

I’ll add to this discussion the fact that if this feature is added there could also be a developer api created to allow tracking in-game calendar events via external sites (forum calendars, etc).

If it’s got “Everhardt” in the name, it’s probably me. SoR or die!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: founderschild.3964

founderschild.3964

This is a brilliant idea, it would be very beneficial, and I also like the idea Aberforth added too. They should definitely make this a feature!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

It would be so useful - combined with a guild message of the day it would be perfect

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

there’s another thread somewhere in here about guild interface improvements — this was brought up in there, as well. it’s a much MUCH needed idea that’d be GREAT if they’d implement!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Lord Krilik.3692

Thank you all for the support. I didn’t realize Isende, but thank you for letting me know. I will have a look for it. I did do a search for “guild calendar” but didn’t find anything, I guess “guild interface” would have been a better term!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Broseidon.2160

Broseidon.2160

+ 1, d

This would be great for any guild leaders.

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xar.1387

Xar.1387

Yeah, do it! Its one of the most important things for the guilds!

http://Aiwe.eu
RolePlay/PvP/Raid

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

+ 1 just read the title and this is a splendid ideas. Why do players have to rely on external forums. THIS IS 2013 GOD kitten IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

They’ve got a slew of other UI things that should go in before something like this. Its also extremely easy to set up your own calendar online for the guild. I’d be more open to having it set up to allow you to embed your guild site or calendar in game. Chances are your going to get more customization abilities that way too.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

YES. We need it so much!

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yeah a direct link to our site would be a ton easier, this way we just tell people, go to guild menu, click the link, bam you’re there.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Lord Krilik.3692

Yeah Elochai, that could work too. But I’m not sure if it brings up any kind of security issues. I just don’t personally see why something like this wasn’t added in the first place though.

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: To Be Or Not.8267

To Be Or Not.8267

I suggested it earlier at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Add-an-ingame-calendar-to-the-guild/first

But this thread seems to be more attractive, so please game developers, do it

In-game Guild Calendar

in Suggestions

Posted by: kiwipearls.5237

kiwipearls.5237

Yes please Guild Event calendar!