In my opinion, t8 rankings need more attention

in Suggestions

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Q:

Simply put, arenanet has made no acknowledgement that the server rankings are broken. If a full reset isn’t on the table then fine, I can see why higher tier servers would not want to go through the grind of roflstomping less population, but that’s what we go through week after week.

There have been a lot of creative suggestions about how we can solve this problem without affecting ANY of the other servers. Honestly, t8 endures the worst beatings and point deficits of any bracket. DR kain were first stuck beating up on smaller servers then once they broke out they soared through the rankings (after getting more players as they progressed but they could have easily made tier 5-6 with their populations before the explosions).

I have seen a lot of players from my server and FC post about this and I have even talked to a few players from SF that are looking for a better fight.

Here are some suggestions and conversations I have had. I feel they better represent how we as a tier feel (please don’t post here if you’re going to troll from another tier, this does not affect you).

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

I still think the math behind the rating system needs some major tweaks. As it stands, tier 8 gets far too punished for simply.. being tier 8. No other tier ends up with the rating gaps ours always seems to have, yet there really isn’t a big difference between a authentic tier 7 server’s numbers/coverage and a tier 8 server’s number’s and coverage. As it stands if a “Rising Star” starts forming in tier 8, it causes much more damage due to the length of the ascension to our WvW population’s enjoyment of the game than it would beginning in any other tier. Paid transfers are finally in effect, but there’s still no guarantee that entire hardcore WvW guilds won’t ever transfer seeing as the leader of my 350+ strong WvW guild has enough coin in the form of item investments to literally transfer half of our guild to a higher tier if he so wished. What I’m saying is that, paid transfers aren’t going to stop any major guild wishing to transfer from making a unified gold pooling tactic to… transfer. Its still literally easily accomplish-able over the course of a week or two for 2-3 major guilds on any server or across multiple servers to make concessions and agree to transfer over to a lower tier server and again break a tier. And the problem is, if that’s tier 8 UNLIKE other tiers who ironically aren’t that much stronger than ours at all cough tier 7 cough we have to endure the brutal ascension of a bandwagon transfer server for upwards of one-two months longer than tier 7 or any other tier would have to.. and why? Because we’re that weak? No, Ferguson’s Crossing proved itself capable of beating this former tier 7 server and had enjoyed great matchup with them despite the disparities in night crew presence, up until they unexpectedly received a whole bunch of transfers. Furthermore the gap in points between ours and pre-transfer SF wasn’t actually very different from Henge of Denravi’s. Once again, its the same crap on a different day(and server), just like Devona’s Rest, just like Kaineng albeit nowhere near as bad as Kaineng. And yet in the end we will have been drilled by them for what will probably be turn out to be a total of a month and a half before they finally get the heck out.
Seriously, fix tier 8’s rating, or whatever math is behind it. Go ahead and make ArenaNet characters on all the servers of tier 7 , participate in WvW for a week through all the timezone periods and then try it on our currently demoralized and weakened, in comparison to one-weeks ago, tier 8 servers, and lastly on Sorrow’s Furnace and compare to see for yourselves if our server really is “35-45% worse” as your fail rating system always seems to falsely hint.
Tier 8 deserves equal treatment to other tiers, and whatever the broken/fail math is that is in play that causes 300+ rating gaps to ONLY happen in our tier, clearly needs to be fixed. It’s only too bad that there’s gonna be so many “QQ somewhere else plox things are fine” people popping out of the woodwork. Twice as annoying when 95% of them are the same losers who bandwagoned their sorry hides over to lower tiers because tier 5-tier 2 was “too hard for them”. And yes before any unnecessary replies occur, I know its balanced matchups that matter in the long run. I’ll be happy when things fix up in tier 8, but just because we might get a balanced match up a month from now doesn’t mean its perfectly right for our tier to be 400 rating points behind tier 7, a gap unheard of between any other tier. Funny thing is I don’t really care about advancing if we get a balanced matchup that actually lasts for once, however its still unfair in all regards if the populations in tier 8 literally have to WORK three times as hard as any server in a higher tier to advance. That’s the very definition of imbalanced. And as I mentioned earlier, the threats of mass transfers are still very real. I don’t know any level 80 that can’t make 30 gold easily in a few short hours of play within 2 days if they put their minds to it, enough to buy the gems to literally transfer to any server they choose. The threat of transfers is still out there, and tier 8 shouldn’t be designed less capable of adjusting to that threat than other tiers for no valid reason at all.
Basically, please fix your rating system ArenaNet.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

Thanks for the sentiment, Sniffy. It’s been a pleasure to both fight against your people and Eredon’s Terrace as well as fight against SF together in the same map on occasion, be it by coincidence or necessity with their superior numbers.
Truth be told, Sorrow’s Furnace is the “straw that is breaking the camel’s back”. We have a lot of rugged people, as I’m sure you do as well. Commanders and players who have stayed through the worst of things before. And yet, people are losing patience when the fact is we payed the same $60 that everyone on every other server did yet don’t get the privilege of enjoying WvW as it was meant to be. It’s been 3 months of match ups like this for our servers, and ArenaNet’s inability to provide a system which can balance our tier has made making organized WvW happen on one of our servers like working on a second job. Only you don’t get paid real money. You don’t even get paid gold! If you don’t run enough dungeons to make a profit somewhere and spend as much time in WvW as I do, you find yourself losing gold somewhere between the fact that SF camping jump puzzles is making it harder for everyone to get siege and the fact that the little it gives is not enough to fight against their numbers without buying scrupulously large amounts of arrow carts to make the superior arrow carts needed to stop their zerg rushes.
On that topic, what’s more, is that Sorrow’s Furnace is not like the opponents we fought in the past either. Both with Devona’s Rest, and Kaineng even when they were dominating with 400-even 695 ppt at its worst, and had 10+ people in the jumping puzzle probably all bored as heck from a lack of fights, they still allowed us to do our jumping puzzles in peace. They were still, in general respectful. Sorrow’s Furnace goes out of its way to antagonize us. 99% of them attack on sight, always first with a knockback to ensure you get knocked down and at least have to try over again if that doesn’t insta-kill you. Of course that’s assuming the 5 people after you don’t go back down to hunt you, just to make sure you don’t get your free siege.. because to a server that outnumbers ours at least 3-1 and has superior timezone coverage, apparently a few of our guys getting free siege is such a threat to them? Then when they overwhelm your keeps with 8 x your numbers, what happens?
Sorrow’s Furnace Invader laughs.
I’ve really just about lost my patience with these guys, and the temptation to go into hibernation while they enjoy their PvDoor like the lamefaces they are is more tempting than ever.
And all the while, servers like our two simply don’t have a voice or at least it feels that way. We complain enough, about things we have a right to complain about but ArenaNet simply does not respond to anything from our servers, and all the players from higher tiers brush off the comments as if we’re here and with such a lower rating because “tier 8 servers are just that bad at gw2”.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

It would be a nice change of pace, that’s for sure. And I know what you mean on SF being terrible. Only server I’ve seen literally get wiped in 2 vs 10s in the EB jumping puzzle and multiple times. It’s like, the only thing they know how to do is rally on a commander tag until they have enough AoE coverage that dodging a red circle just lands you into another red circle. If they wipe with 10 vs. 5, they call 10 more. If they wipe again, they call 15 more. And if things take too slow from there, they push it up to 50 people and things only become a matter of time. With brilliant strategy and inter-guild teamwork it IS possible to dominate against them in our own time zone as we did about a week back. But it amounts to nothing since that 12:30-1:00 AM Latin American zerg is just gonna wipe the map and destroy every upgrade while the server population sleeps. And that is the game breaker in this tier really, they have something like twice the numbers of their already plump NA squad when the latinos kick in.
At this point, I wish certain servers could just be merged and tier 8 cease to exist. This constant rating deficit has made it nothing more than a misery hole, a vast and deep pit that a few unlucky servers get tossed into now and then.

I’m glad you’re out here voicing your opinion too. It’s hard sometimes being in the minority – especially with an “unpopular” opinion.
Maybe if enough of us articulate our situation well, and with some amount of grace – ANet will be willing to listen to us. But we’ve got to keep hammering at it, or the majority wins – and if the majority wins, then I think a lot of people are going to lose – ANet and the majority included.
Keep fighting the good fight. I hope to see you out there at some point.
Agreed. It’d be nice if ANet would consider finding some sort of compromise here for those of us suffering such one-sided battles in WvW. Fine – the masses do not want to “lose” their ratings that they’ve fought so hard for. Understood. I don’t want my server (FC) or those on Eredon’s Terrace to keep losing so horrendously week after week.
I have to admit that it is a bit demoralizing to see all three borderlands plus EB totally green on a consistent basis – and then watch as they justify spawn camping us because we might be trying to put up a bit of a resistance.
I’m not asking that they give us a win. I’m asking that we be given a fair chance to fight instead of being so overwhelmingly overwhelmed. The only way that is going to happen is if ANet intervenes and helps us out a bit by either setting up 24hr-48hr matches to speed balance the tiers, or to do a population survey per server and re-match servers based on that.
Something has to give here – and the truth of it is if things don’t change – FC and ET are both going to crumple soon. We’ve fought for so long against intense adversity, against multiple heavy-pop servers. We’re known for our tenacity. But even the hardcores are eventually either going to pack-up and head to better servers, or they’re going to stop playing altogether – because what is the point in continuing to fight, minus the thrill of taking down an enemy fighter – if we’re not going to gain anything from it?
At some point this stopped being fun, for me – and I’m incredibly competitive – which is why I check in once in a while now and help out when/where I can, but I don’t devote as much of the little sliver of relaxing time I actually have, to it.
That’s the wrong attitude – some might say. But at least it’s a healthy choice for me

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

Sounding out to SF and FC from ET.
New Guy here, I just got GW2 for Christmas (Well, wife said I could get it for Christmas at least, same thing really) and thus I just started playing in January, so all I have ever known as far as WvWvW has been the three of us.
Now, before GW2, I had zero understanding of what WvWvW was, I had played realms vs reams, where you pick a server and a side and that’s that, if Albion was steamrolling you with a zerg rush of 40 to your 2 on that server, then that was your fate. Deal. (Kudos to anyone that played DAoC and can remember the Albion Zergs)
So here I was, seeing this lop sided match, day after day after day. And I quickly started to accept that this game was pretty much going to be the same. I even got to the point where I wondered if there were only 3 american servers given how unbalanced things where.
Now, I;ll be honest, I don’t like needing to do Homework on a game, I like to log in and play. So I learned the basics, kill the Invaders/Defenders, get Supply, build the rams in the middle of the road, and beat mindlessly on the doors while we get stampeded from behind. (I jest! I jest!) but anyway, I really had no idea about rotating matchups.
So you can imagine how ecstatic I was when discussion of the number reset started, and I realized that, Wow, there are a lot of NA servers, and we will be facing new people this coming week. I can honestly say it seems to have brought new life into the WvW here on ET, where before it was all about just trying (and failing) to hold our own, as our own, it became “Lets have some out here!” so, yah. It’s been a blast to me as of late.
Well, I guess it has been a fun month for me, and this reset and new learning about the ladder and progression has been informative, I can say, I am thrilled to face a new opponent. While Ferg will be around for another week, so we will finally get to see how well we face against each other, without being ran over by SF, so that is something I am looking forward to. No offence to FC, but, because of the massive presence SF had on the map, you guys just kinda ended being those “other guys over there” if you took something from us, it was like, give it 10 min and SF will take it back. So to FC, I am looking for the coming week where you will come to your own, and we can meet together in glorious battle.
To SF, Well guys. I am not sure if you will be running off to make your mark in the top tiers or setting yourself up to get destroyed and dominated for the coming weeks. only time will tell. But, while I can’t say I will ever be able to feel bad at the prospect of you all getting steamrolled for the coming weeks (you can understand why) , my hope is that it tempers you and does not break you. in Eredon, while we may have lost a great deal, we seldom gave up. Fighting tooth and nail to the bitter end. And that kind of conflict can draw out the best in people, making them stronger, and building up their resolve to keep fighting no matter what the odds, it can also melt them down and break their spirit. In the coming weeks for you guys, I hope the fires of adversity forge you, not smelt you.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

Anyone who buys the game today is going to be pointed at a tier 8 server. When they first poke their heads in WvW, what’s their experience going to be like? Forget about the frustrations of the people posting here — we’re masochists and will probably keep going regardless. But judging from the names that pop in one day and never again, this is going to cause retention problems. At least with free transfers they could try out a few different servers. As-is, sending your curious, fresh recruits against triple their numbers with a handful of jaded, frustrated people to lead them and a month of the same matchup on the horizon is…suboptimal.
Here’s an example post from our matchup thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/2-1-Sorrow-s-Ferg-s-Eredon-s/page/3#post1389446
A couple of ideas that might help:
1) Cap the minimum rating for a last-tier server to, say, 85% of the rating of the third server in the tier above. This should help keep the whole of the lowest tier from sinking to where a server can’t get out in a reasonable time frame.
2) Mix the tiers on occasion, either at random or by some rule (eg two wins in a row and you’re automatically bumped for a week, after which ratings decide again). Glicko2 doesn’t work unless those near each other on the ladder actually play each other. Occasionally swap the third server from one tier with the first on the next to make sure the tiers stay in the right order. There is a lot of information to be gained by putting Sorrow’s Furnace against tier 7 now. There’s none to be gained by keeping them in tier 8.
3) Increase the contribution of score to rating change. Servers in the wrong tier cause pain all around them. It’s criminal to have exposed pretty much every WvW player in the game to the new Kaineng (though Tier 8 has the distinction of having to deal with new Kaineng for 2-3 weeks), and keeping servers that suddenly weaken in over their heads all the way down doesn’t help anyone either. The ratings system isn’t about “earning your way up” — it’s about creating compelling matches. In computer science terms, right now we’ve got something like a bubble sort when we need a quicksort.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Strong Novel Series.
+1

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

We understand we would get crushed by facing DB or whoever else, but it was also a fight most of us were welcoming. The norm isn’t working here for us so we want to ask for an adjustment or at least some kind of confirmation that you are aware of our situation. Once again, please read before posting and don’t troll just because you’re in another tier. We like our communities here, we have a lot of friends and honestly ET has been the best server I have been on as far as people helping each other and collaborating. It’s when you get to wvw and have these massive blow outs week after week after week that you have an issue. Merge us with ferg, idk, but something has to change.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I agree that the rating system should be tweaked to ensure fairness. Lots of you believe that SF likes being in tier 8 because we win, but it gets boring without a challenge. 4 straight weeks with the same two servers makes it even worse. I personally don’t have an idea as to how they should go about changing this (other than the far-fetched idea of hiring staff to manually arrange the rankings to ensure no server dominates, but we all know that won’t happen), but I do agree wholeheartedly.

Somebody was ranting about Sorrow’s Furnace in your conversation, I just want to stress that we aren’t choosing to remain in Tier 8 — please don’t put the blame on us. I don’t understand where all of the hatred comes in; SF is probably the friendliest server I’ve been in anyway.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

Actually the rating match ups would be simple to fix if Anet kept one stat. Player hours per match up per server. I am pretty sure that the end score is strongly correlated to the number of player hours spent on the game by each server. The stat would be comparable across tiers something the current scoring system can not do. Just rank the servers by the player hours, their are your new tiers. They could factor in something like points per player hour but i would just start with player hours.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Bumping for great justice.
I once posted a thread for this same reason, and arena net responded that they were going to do something about the rankings. This most definitely led to the “ranking reset”. Well, that’s gone now, so what the hell do we do? I hope arena net actually does SOMETHING about Tier 8 soon because Ive waited too god kitten long to play in 2 weeks of balanced matches in ar ow.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Suggestions

Posted by: octavian.1643

octavian.1643

Bumping
I play on SF; it’s really not our fault we’re stuck in this seemingly eternal mire. Everybody I know thought that we’d surely get out of T8 this week, given how great a disparity in points there have been recently.
I was just as surprised as everyone else when I found that for yet another week we hadn’t even changed positions on the T8 maps.
This.Is.Not.Fun – everyone should get a chance to play other servers.

Sorrow’s Furnace | The Master Chef | COSA

in Suggestions

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

If there was a reset, it was going to be Maguuma and Dragonbrand falling upon Eredon Terrace. They really don’t deserve that beating.

All rank really means is population and map coverage. I can’t really think of a way of Tier 8 actually being fixed as far as gaps, because this is all population based. Maybe if the Outmanned buff actually did something.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

(edited by John Widdin.9618)

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

I do not believe we have less coverage than t7 (as stated in the previous posts by someone on FC). We just need a way to adjust for the third server in this group who has a true t5 population. Honestly a lot of us were looking forward to fighting db and maguuma because it would mean maybe two weeks of blow outs instead of months. Even some SF players apparently posted on kaineng’s match up thread looking forward to fighting them. Would they have gotten beat? yes, but it beats the alternative.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

BG won Tier2 7 or 8 weeks in a row before moving up to T1, so this aint just a T8 problem.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Omens.5768

Dark Omens.5768

Im just disappointed i dont getta watch the sf/kain points spread now….. ruined my reset night.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

its not all of T8. only SF is stuck. The bottom 2 will lose anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

If people cared about t8 they wouldn’t be in tier 8. The reason they’re tier 8 is because so few people care. There’s always going to be a bottom tier.

in Suggestions

Darek.1836

its not all of T8. only SF is stuck. The bottom 2 will lose anyway.

I bet you 100$ once another server moves down to T8 they will lose to either FC or ET, likely both.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Medreside.6531

Medreside.6531

If people cared about t8 they wouldn’t be in tier 8. The reason they’re tier 8 is because so few people care. There’s always going to be a bottom tier.

Lots of people in Fergusons Crossing or Eradon Terrace care about WvW play. We just simply don’t have the numbers to compete with Sorrows Furnace. Being in the bottom tier is not the problem here. The problem is being matched against a server (SF) that has the man power to push back ET and SF at the same time, rushing your towers with 50 men when there are only 5 people online to stop them. What about merging a few servers together? You could merge FC with ET and still not have the population that SF does.
There really does need to be a change up. Sorrows furnace isnt enjoying the lack of a challenge and ET & FC are sick of fighting a hopeless battle.

in Suggestions

Darek.1836

It really REALLY needs to be stressed that FC and ET do not have insanely smaller populations compared to other servers that many people believe simply because of the rankings and that SF is beating them bad. I’ve played on several servers, mostly FC, and honestly if anything FC has improved in numbers since it was competitive with Devonas Rest when they shot up the rankings.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Suggestions

Medreside.6531

It really REALLY needs to be stressed that FC and ET do not have insanely smaller populations compared to other servers that many people believe simply because of the rankings and that SF is beating them bad. I’ve played on several servers, mostly FC, and honestly if anything FC has improved in numbers since it was competitive with Devonas Rest when they shot up the rankings.

Seriously? Not sure what time of day you are playing, but when i am on, each pack of SF that attacks a tower outnumbers the total defenders in the land. It’s not a matter of skill. We can hold our own and even push back bigger groups of the enemy, just not outnumbered in the ratio that we are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if you look at the mos matchups, the bottom european tier is in the same situation.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Suggestions

Darek.1836

Did you play at reset today before 2am eastern? lol

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tanryth.1074

Tanryth.1074

I would like to remind those not in tier 8 that the first week SF was dropped in with us we beat them and not by a large margin it was a fair fight. The all of a sudden they had a mass influx and a huge night crew and away went our chances to beat them. Every morning we are playing catch up. So the system is surely broken. They should have moved up this week. And I bet if you could see the player hours you would see that between about 9pm EST and 4am EST they are full bore in WvW. We can’t cover that, some of us actually need to sleep to function. And tonight at reset we actually had a good match going. I am almost afraid to see where we stand now. ANet can you please fix this?

Shara Longblade – 80 Guardian
MooN – Seafarer’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucky Shot.8740

Lucky Shot.8740

I would like to remind those not in tier 8 that the first week SF was dropped in with us we beat them and not by a large margin it was a fair fight. The all of a sudden they had a mass influx and a huge night crew and away went our chances to beat them.

ET and FC is fooling themselves if they think that Sorrows Furnace has had a large influx of wvw players. That first week when it was competitive it was because WvW’ers were frustrated with losing. The last 2 days before the first week of our competition ended, I had trouble finding commanders in the Eternal Battlegrounds at all. I had grand plans of buying a bunch of golem blueprints for the cause and I couldn’t find a commander to give them to.

Week 2, I found some commanders and was able to build the golems I wanted to in week 1. When players on our mostly pve server found we could win, they logged in with higher numbers. 4 weeks in, there are is more leadership in wvw and the playerbase is more energized.

Constantly blaming the losses on some fictional mass influx of players may make some feel better about themselves but it isn’t the reason the core reason why our server has improved.

in Suggestions

Darek.1836

Either way, you guys dropped multiple tiers because of this lack of player showing up. If you think it even matters, well, it doesn’t. The thing that matters is you had less people showing up to wvw when you dropped to T8 than you do now. It’s not balanced anymore.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Suggestions

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

It isn’t just T8. With the inflated ratings of the current T1 servers, it will be impossible for a T2 server to move into T1 without massive blowouts week after week after week. The glicko system they use is a fail, has been a fail since game launch and when we finally thought they were going to fix it, they changed their mind at the last second.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in Suggestions

Blix.8021

Lots of people in Fergusons Crossing or Eradon Terrace care about WvW play. We just simply don’t have the numbers to compete with Sorrows Furnace. Being in the bottom tier is not the problem here. The problem is being matched against a server (SF) that has the man power to push back ET and SF at the same time, rushing your towers with 50 men when there are only 5 people online to stop them. What about merging a few servers together? You could merge FC with ET and still not have the population that SF does.
There really does need to be a change up. Sorrows furnace isnt enjoying the lack of a challenge and ET & FC are sick of fighting a hopeless battle.

If you had “lots of people” you wouldn’t be in tier 8, simple as that. We’re in tier 3 and are routinely outmanned in 2/3 borderlands, can’t imagine how sparsely populated it is down there. The opinions of tiers 1-7 are more important than the minority in tier 8.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

Still a better love story than Twilight™

in Suggestions

Lucky Shot.8740

Either way, you guys dropped multiple tiers because of this lack of player showing up. If you think it even matters, well, it doesn’t. The thing that matters is you had less people showing up to wvw when you dropped to T8 than you do now. It’s not balanced anymore.

I hate to break it to you but you aren’t going to find a server out there in t7 or above that will battle you with only the numbers you are putting on the field. Somehow you need to get your server more involved. Continuing to say that the servers aren’t balanced because of a massive influx of transfers isn’t true.

in Suggestions

Darek.1836

Wanna bet? They said the same thing about Devona and Kaineng.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Suggestions

Lucky Shot.8740

I bet if you worked at it that you could get more folks on your server to show up for wvw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aKIRA.7123

aKIRA.7123

as a former sorrows furnace player i have all the sympathy in the world for you guys, i really do.

the problem tho is that theres only so many servers in gw2. as far back as 3 months ago sf has had no real servers to consider as ‘equal rivals’ so they tend to jump around between tiers. it was truly a roller coaster experience to play there which was the primary reason why i left.

im not sure that resetting the tiers would have changed much for t8. yes you would have fought different people for a while but theres no guarantee that t8 wouldnt just end up looking exactly the same once the volatility balanced everything out.

if the current results keep up, then sf will eventually move up to t7 and your wish to play new opponents will be granted. but from what i recall of playing darkhaven, gate of madness or henge of denravi (although hod was in a rebuildng phase when i left) i wouldnt expect the results to be significantly different for t8 than what they are now

(side note: it looks like theres a few servers falling down the rankings, but who knows where they will end up bottoming out)

Azuna Hatsue | Sonya Hayashi
Jaunty Chaps [LAD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Alright, I’m gonna make things easy for some of you from higher tiers who think that this is simply a case of a tier 7 server rolling tier 8 servers. Allow me to enlighten your minds.

MYTH: Tier 8 servers like Ferguson’s Crossing simply can’t match “tier 7” numbers, and will always possess an imbalanced matchup when a tier 7 server gets bumped down.

Now let’s observe the FACTS.

Facts: View the screenshots below. This is what happened during week 4 with SF, when they as a server started reaching their strongest peaks. Their numbers actually haven’t changed much since then. When just TWO out of Ferguson’s major WvW guilds, WZ and TTA worked together in unison and assaulted SF head on in their borderlands with a two-pronged push (WZ toward Bay side, TTA toward Hills side) during NA prime time. SF responded by pulling all of their standing forces at the time back into the borderlands to stop it and put up a worthy fight until their morale broke, and the result was this. The first screenshot was what happened when we made a few love taps on SF, and the second was when we really got serious. Starting at about 6:00 PM SF was constantly shredded in their holy lands, and our score rapidly rose from 130-ish ppt to 270+ in the blink of an eye. Before you knew it we easily held 320+ ppt for a good 3 hours worth.

Another fact: Also take into account the closeness first and second week of our matchup, continuing up until this notice of free transfers ending being made public where SF’s score magically jumps over the course of the next two-three weeks and by major increments.

So:

MYTH: Tier 8 servers like Ferguson’s Crossing simply can’t match “tier 7” numbers, and will always possess an imbalanced matchup when a tier 7 server gets bumped down.

MYTH BUSTED.

Easy.

And for those doubters wondering why we only bothered with an assault like that two or three times since SF’s numbers jumped, I’d actually ask members of servers like Maguuma, Dragonbrand to answer this question FOR us. What was it about Kain that invalidated any effort you made against them and quickly broke any reason you had to continue fighting against them?

That’s right, a massive night cap crew. We can push hard if we want to, but there’s no longer a point when the scores get so obscured from 12:30-5:00 AM. We simply see no reason to go through such an effort to build up something every night which will simply be removed and massive PvDoor vengeance meted out against our lands while we sleep. SF can outnumber us by a fair margin on NA prime time, but this is nothing compared to the number differences that happen while our server sleeps. We just haven’t been blessed with a “night crew”.

But if there’s any server in tier 7 that like us lacks a night crew but is strong during NA prime time, I say bring it on. Don’t be surprised when you find your score not being what you expected because of the illusion Sorrow’s Furnace put up while here if you get bumped down.

Attachments:

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)

in Suggestions

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Dont play in Tier 8 (or 9 for euro’s), but couldnt agree more. The current ranking system is adversely affecting the playing quality and balance each passing week in the bottom tier. The most dominant server continues to win convincingly against the other two servers, and the other two servers continue to lose rating slowly but surely but cannot drop to a lower tier where it could be more even since no lower tier exists. Similarly the winning server just cant seem to leave the bottom tier even after weeks of lopsided continued dominance. There are cases of it happening in the past, yes.
Devona’s Rest did so under its own ability. Kaineng required massive waves of transfers, but this possibility is all but eliminated.

There is little incentive in bottom tiers, not for pride not for enjoyment and it continues to damage the populations and community.

Anet has left the bottom tiers high and dry and all abandoned them. Please introduce a lower ratings boundary so ratings cannot fall below a certain point.

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

I love all the posts by people who haven’t bothered to read any of what was posted before they just get on here and troll. I really wish they wouldn’t even say anything because they have no idea how the match is or whats going on. Even a few SF have gotten on here and explained how it isn’t fun for them anymore… and the guy who played TWO months ago… well I played on kaineng two to three months ago and it has changed since then… I wouldn’t even say anything about that server because I would have no idea what I would be talking about.

and for the guys just saying tier 8 has a low population compared to t7 I think detharos explained how they actually were toe to toe with SF until the free transfer period ended… please read what was posted before posting something that makes no sense in relation to the thread or has been addressed several times previously

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Looking at this.

The main problem is they have too many Tiers which makes for little to no rotation.

If they culled it down to 3 tiers, and increased the rotation, there would still be lopsided battles, but, if you set it up such that no one faced the same worlds two weeks in a row, it would mix things up nicely and keep things fresh.

Lucky Shot admits that the people in SF were crushed and their spirit broken due to being required to face off against superior force, and that was mostly likely due to being rutted into facing the same people week in and week out.

Anet needs to fix the stagnation of the system first. So if you merged tier 1, 2, then, 3, 4, 5, and then 6, 7, 8, That would mix things up nicely, and would give worlds the ability to see how they really stack up against a larger sampling of opponents.

Or just my feelings on it. All I know is. facing the same people week in week out, when it’s a grossly unmatched situation is lame.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Suggestions

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

You labeled your post for Q&A mode. So … what is your question?

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in Suggestions

Medreside.6531

I bet if you worked at it that you could get more folks on your server to show up for wvw.

I don’t think you understand the effect of getting owned every single day. People are losing interest in such an unfair fight. I play the game mainly for WvW, and im sick of it.

in Suggestions

Blix.8021

If you merged 1-2 and 3-4 the queues would be awful

in Suggestions

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

If a higher tier server got put into T 8 to mix it up or you guys got moved up to mix it up you would get crushed and then would complain about unfair match ups. Each tier is where it is because thats what your current coverage allows you to do. If you dont have an alliance form one. If your not using TS, vent, mumble… start using it. If your doing all this and your still T 8 then thats just where your server is and only thing you can try is going into Spvp and talking to those guys or trying pulling the pve people into wvw. Take your major guilds and do events in Orr and recuit while your there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

You think this is a issue just at T8? In T3 Mag/DB are even matched but bottom T2 servers that fall down are 10x more WvW coverage. So basically Mag/DB get beat each week because of T2 servers bouncing up and down.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Why does there need to be a point system? Why not have the winner move up and the loser move down?

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

Too the people replying “No matter what you’ll still remain in Tier 8” I think most of us in our servers would be fine with that. As long as the matches are fair, and ALL 3 of us deserve to be there, as it stands SF DOESN’T belong here. They’re a Tier 6 population at least, all we want is for Anet to make some adjustment to the math that’s keeping them here for so long, they’ve clearly demonstrated they’re superior in numbers, so why do they have to remain here so long?

I love you SF so don’t get the wrong idea.

P.S If your going to leave troll comments, don’t comment at all.

Pink Sylvari FTW!

(edited by Jesse.4631)

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

Too the people replying “No matter what you’ll still remain in Tier 8” I think most of us in our servers would be fine with that. As long as the matches are fair, and ALL 3 of us deserve to be there, as it stands SF DOESN’T belong here. They’re a Tier 6 population at least, all we want is for Anet to make some adjustment to the math that’s keeping them here for so long, they’ve clearly demonstrated they’re superior in numbers, so why do they have to remain here so long?

I love you SF so don’t get the wrong idea.

P.S If your going to leave troll comments, don’t comment at all.

Totally agree with you! Most if not almost all hardcore wvw players on our 3 servers, winning one included, have come to realize that this is a lopsided match that is has / will last far too long. If you aren’t from our servers and are just here to troll, don’t post because you have no idea what’s going on.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

I really wish they would just merge ET and FC and go from there however it would cause a lot of people pulling the whole “uh-oh server merges Anet is in trouble people aren’t playing the game will close in a month now!!!!!111!!!!!” But really, I would love to frolic down the road between Anz and Speldan holding hands with the Ferglings and outsmarting SF zergs of 30+

Edit: and if merges are impossible then it’s back to spamming Queensdale chat with “need moar aussies in my lyfe pls”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Continuing to say that the servers aren’t balanced because of a massive influx of transfers isn’t true.

Don’t bother wasting your time. The SECOND FC started loosing, they immediately started claiming that we were only winning because we were the beneficiaries of some mythical massive transfer influx. This well before the curbstomping when the scores were still relatively close to each other and the map control was roughly 1/3 across all servers. They’re going to believe what they want to believe, no matter what you say.

Now, to be fair, we HAVE seen a population boom. And I DO think we did receive some transfers just before free server transfers ended. But FC was claiming we were getting server transfers well before we actually got them. I still I personally think our population boom is far more attributable to folks returning to WvW from PvE. I myself am not seeing a whole lot of new names/guilds, but am seeing a LOT of the same names/guilds that I see in PvE playing in WvW. I suspect the same old trend…when our server does bad in WvW, everyone escapes to PvE. When our server does well in WvW, everyone hops on the WvW bandwagon.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

false statement manoa. I bet you are one of the people that just camps the EB jp when fc or et actually has a keep…also your statements seem to conflcit with about 4-5 other people on your own server (guild we commonly fight against and have shown that they are good players). Let me englighten you to what they’ve said. Also, never seen your guild tag before and I’m in wvw all the time.

It’s okay. It looks like we’re gonna be swapping places with HoD.

Hopefully we’ll stay competitive in that tier and that we won’t have grown complacent from weeks of numerical advantage.

I know that we’d been stashing siege away in preparation for having to face Kaineng, but giving us another 2-3 weeks to prepare for going up a tier doesn’t hurt

It might be fun for the guys on my server who favor zergballs, but for a small group player, having everyone focused on the last 2-3 hotspots suck.

Enemy and ally density is way too high when everyone is funneled into those remaining hotspots. Too many enemies draws the zerg, and too many allies marginalizes your ability to tag and earn badges. These past two weeks, I’ve mostly stuck to hitting borderland supply camps for commanders while a 10-20 man main zerg hits bigger objectives.

It’ll likely stay just as stale until we move tiers.

Mhh I believe anet doesn’t have too much to do with it, it was the free transfers, how can you expect Anet to keep track of those bandwagon guilds, with the free transfers we can be in the tier we really deserve, and have a 33/33/34 map, is not really fun to have everything or have nothing, we have been on both sides and we like when the enemy shows their strength, Eredon will go places, they are organized, and they don’t seem to quit, but also the last place seems to be affecting some guys negatively, no one deserves do be victim of a exploit, if you are gonna exploit to play and win WvW, leave… you don’t deserve to win, you don’t deserve to be in the same server that real players are trying to defend and you are staining their name.
Kaineng, we know we are not T1 material, but we are not really fighting for it, we will see if you guys are, best of luck.

As this week winds down to a close, I’d like to give a shout out to both our neighbors in FC and ET. The first two weeks of our matchup were the most fun I’ve had on WvW in quite a long time. I can’t speak for the other servers, but for the first time in a long time while things were still balanced, we had primetime queues on non-reset evenings. Free transfers may have turned the last two weeks into a curbstomp, but the blame for that rests squarely with ANet; had there never been free transfers, I do honestly believe none of use would have been in this tier.

Good luck to everyone in whatever your upcoming matchup may be.

Thanks for all SF comrades who participated, just wish there was more ET to make it a challenge

See you again after reset ET and FC, and as always, the best of luck to both of you!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Suggestions

SniffyCube.6107

Those are just from the last match up… I’m sure I can find more if I look in the previous threads.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid