Instant 80!

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodeius.2751

Asmodeius.2751

After reading some Threads, i think would be a good Idea to implement instant 80 leveling scrolls for 300-400 gems in the gem store. This would perfectly work for me, i’m sure as hell don’t want to level another character and go through that boring level grind again. I would prefer instant level 80 alt. and just do end game with him.

Who else likes the idea?

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

For the sake of the game; absolutely not.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I don’t like it for the simple reason that I would have liked it months ago, but then I would have missed a lot of stuff that I saw when leveling an alt.

I started my first characters right when the game was released, played them to 80 and then started on some ALTs….I wished so hard that they had an instant 80 scroll so that I wouldn’t have to level another character all the way to 80….but then something happened. As I was leveling another character to 80, I noticed that there were things that have been added to the game since I leveled my last character. Little things, like a new jumping puzzle in Caledon, or a Troll cave that I never noticed the last time (even though I had 100% world exploration). It might even be that these things were not added to the game, but that I simply hadn’t seen them before because I was now playing from a different perspective (Charr, or Human, or Sylvari, or Norn, or Asura) from my first character.
Now I love leveling alts (on my 7th right now…..and I level all of them by playing the areas, not by crafting or just running COF p1…I do hearts, and personal story, and explore). I can honestly say that on every character I have leveled to 80, I have found or seen something that I didn’t see before…even though I have 6 level 80s already. I’m glad I didn’t get an instant 80 scroll.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

why not? make it only available after you level your first 80 on the account and that’s it, than leave the choice to people, to get isnta-80 or level your self.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

i don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t be an option, WvW bring you to level 80, spvp givs you free 80s, why not get the PvE 80s for small charge and make it optional? i want instant 80 so i can start working on gear that will mater and will last with me, not collect junk for 80 levels and go through the pointless level grind.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Moshari.8570

why not? make it only available after you level your first 80 on the account and that’s it, than leave the choice to people, to get isnta-80 or level your self.

People in this game are already lazy in my opinion. They don’t want to play the game, they want instant rewards. If you gave an instant-80 scroll in the game you would just have a ton of 80th level characters with no one playing in the lower level areas anymore. On my second (and subsequent) characters that I leveled I was able to help a tremendous amount of new players by “showing them the ropes” as well as maybe showing them mini-dungeons or jumping puzzles, or other things that I had discovered my first time around.

By forcing “veteran” players to play the game again to level their alts, it kind of forces them into helping the “new” players…this helps the over-all game…otherwise only “new” players would be leveling…and they would be as lost as many of us were when we first started the game…until a “veteran” helped us.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

Moshari, this is a game, not a rocket science. i want to enjoy the game, not re-level through the same zones. Help that you’re speaking off should only be provided in some way on group events. I didn’t need any one to help me when i leveled i was eager to explore and learn the drills my self, however 1 time was enough for me. Now i want to be insta-80 and enjoy end content.

To reanimate old passed out zones ANET need to do some thing else, like boosting bounties, attracting 80s there and etc, i have whole tread on it. I simply don’t want to level grind again, i just want enjoy end game, that requires more end game content invented.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

I of course don’t want to be forced to help newbies to level and i wont do it one way or another, if they wont implement insta-80 scroll, i will just never level another character. On the other hand if they want to reward me to help low levels, i would happily help them. Like low level sends out request for help, if high level accepts it and helps the lowbie, he gets like a point or coin that eventually he can use to craft gear, get some thing else (current it would be logical to give 1 dungeon emblem).

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: viehawk.3498

viehawk.3498

For me having instant 80 is like getting a job. Doing what you are supposed to do and getting your paycheck and after that first month you won’t go to your job but in the end of the month you are at your bosses office telling him to give you your check for not doing your job.

I like Quaqqans.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

As much as i hate the burnout on alts i have to disagree with this idea . An ista-80 scroll doesn’t teach you how to play your class making you an insta-noob on it . You would know none of the world which doesn’t do you any good . You would have no weapon skills unlocked yay on that . Since you haven’t played it you dont even know if you like it so it could have been a waste of money . So yea there are a lot of issues with this

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Disagree with that, mainly for the reasons Moshari brought up. Even though you’d have to explore the world, ppl would just run to dungeons or meta events and that’s it. This would hurt the game.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Moshari.8570

For me having instant 80 is like getting a job. Doing what you are supposed to do and getting your paycheck and after that first month you won’t go to your job but in the end of the month you are at your bosses office telling him to give you your check for not doing your job.

I agree. Earn your 80…earn your paycheck. Instant 80 will do nothing but add a ton of level 80 “noobs” to the game who will be worse PUGS than there already are. At least now, those guys had to at least level to 80…if they were insta-80’d they would be even worse in not knowing how to play!! Can you imagine the bad players on the servers if they were allowed to insta-80! I think I would have to quit…Peoples keyboards would permanently have the L, 2, and P keys broken from constant yelling.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

Adine, I actually proposed to let the insta-80 scroll only be available after you level your initial first level 80 character and only than you can use the scroll for alts.

viehawk, i disagree completely. I have spare cash i want to pay for the insta- 80 scroll, why not if i want to? on the other had why should i be forced to level grind another character, is it my job? no, i want 80 alt. so i can play him and enjoy, avoiding level grind. This is a game after all not work.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Yes i read it and all my points still stand

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

Zalman, It’s already hurting the game, without the scroll. ANET need to invent more cool world events with worthy rewards and scatter them to different zones. Just because i’m forced to re-level doesn’t makes me do the dead content. i just grind easy quests and etc. bypassing every thing that is not time convenient and that is it. why enforce that burden on me?

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

Moshari., insta-80 would only be allowed after leveling first 80. That solves the problem with noobs. Asides from that, there is no hard enough content that would require you to have a full dedicated group like the heroic raids in WoW, every thing is linear, stack here, dodge this.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

You would still be a noob on that class .

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I rather wish GW2 had zero levels and instead had something like Alternative Advancement with a deeper trait system and also more skills on each weapon you can change. Let’s say GS warrior had 20 skills, 4 skills on each slot, that would increase the number of builds and diversity.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i don’t see a reason why it shouldn’t be an option, WvW bring you to level 80,

Not the same. An upscaled level 80 is weaker than a level 80.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Moshari.8570

Zalman, It’s already hurting the game, without the scroll. ANET need to invent more cool world events with worthy rewards and scatter them to different zones. Just because i’m forced to re-level doesn’t makes me do the dead content. i just grind easy quests and etc. bypassing every thing that is not time convenient and that is it. why enforce that burden on me?

No. Zalman is right. At least right now people have to return to these areas to level new characters….cant you see how an insta-80 scroll would make areas even MORE dead? You can’t complain about zones being empty and then propose a system that would only decrease people in these zones!

I agree that ANET needs to do more things to make the lower level zones more attractive to higher level characters…and think that the rewards should increase based on your level in the zone (so a level 80 in a 1-4 zone gets greater rewards for “helping” in those zones)…but giving Insta-80 scrolls would completely defeat the purpose and as we have pointed out…give us a ton of really crappy level 80 players making dungeons and etc…even worse with PUGs…suddenly you will have no one playing with pugs….and if you are a lone player you will find yourself unable to do anything in the game, because no one will trust that you aren’t one of these “insta-80” players. Its already pretty bad with some of the elite guys not wanting to or kicking players they deem as sub-standard like rangers in PUGs. Now throw in a ton of “insta-80” characters and see how often you will be able to get a PUG together.

If they were to do it, it certainly shouldn’t cost 300-400 gems, it should be 30,000 to 40,000 gems so that at least it wouldn’t be done very often.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Moshari.8570

Moshari., insta-80 would only be allowed after leveling first 80. That solves the problem with noobs. Asides from that, there is no hard enough content that would require you to have a full dedicated group like the heroic raids in WoW, every thing is linear, stack here, dodge this.

I’m sorry, but because you are level 80 on a warrior does not make me think that you have any clue how to play an elementalist, or a necro, or a thief, or even a guardian. You would be a noob…heck I have a friend who started with a warrior and now alt-leveled an elementalist, he is constantly dying when we do anything together because he simply cannot remember to keep himself out of melee range with his ele!!! I get frustrated doing dugeons when he brings his Alt because he sucks so bad at it!! And he leveled it up from level 1….I can not imagine the caliber of players we would have with insta-80.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

At 400 gems and the current exchange rate, the level-80 scroll would cost 31.92g. Five XP boosters cost 550 gems.

At the price range you’re suggesting, I think it’s clearly out of whack with current offerings. It’s not a perfect comparison (XP boosters can be used on first characters, not just alts,) but I think it’s safe to say a level-80 scroll would cost quite a bit, if we compare it what Anet has shown a willingness to sell.

I don’t mind people buying their way through a lot of time-consuming content, but it’s going to cost them, and it’s going to cost more than $5 to jump to level 80. For a jump that significant, even on an alt, I’m wary of it at all, but I hope people should have to pay through the nose for it, at the least.

Another interesting comparison: Level-20 experience scrolls are a thing, but are not available in the gem store.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

I really do think this would be a cool idea.

Some of the points here are really ignorant btw.
One example, people who make alts, already use crafting to level them, and literally don’t go into these zones you guys are preaching about. Which makes most of the negatives here…..moot?
As some people have pointed out comparing classes, honestly who cares. Some people are better at pushing buttons than you, or your friends, or people you know, and don’t need to play the character for more than a couple hours to be above average at it, while some people need the 1-80 grind, and even then, still don’t get it.

If this does get accepted as a suggestion I feel that the gems should be higher priced than what you are talking about, probably somewhere in the lines of 75-100 gold. Since it costs around that to level one with crafting anyways.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: viehawk.3498

viehawk.3498

Adine, I actually proposed to let the insta-80 scroll only be available after you level your initial first level 80 character and only than you can use the scroll for alts.

viehawk, i disagree completely. I have spare cash i want to pay for the insta- 80 scroll, why not if i want to? on the other had why should i be forced to level grind another character, is it my job? no, i want 80 alt. so i can play him and enjoy, avoiding level grind. This is a game after all not work.

It was a metaphor. I wasn’t interested if you have extra money to buy for the insta 80.
You completely missed my point there. It’s not all about mapping everything 100% or helping newbies or killing everything you see a thousand times. It’s about learning. You cannot tell me that you know absolutely everything that there is to know about every race and class. You are learning as you are leveling so that when you finally reach the maximum level you won’t have to think about whether to press 1 or 2 or to back out.

I like Quaqqans.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

The dead zones part is valid Argument, but cant you see that im interested in repopulating them through world events, rewards and etc. not a forced level grind. The 80 noobs are not an issue, dont want them? Dont take them, this game is not rocket science, every zone is pugable, you dont need 5 ultra dedicated people to do these dungeons. I realy dont think there should be leveling in gw2

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Ah and that’s the real issue you have . You just don’t like games with leveling systems . Well Guild Wars has one so you’re stuck with it .

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

Buying your way to 80? For 400 gems?

Make it to around 6000 and they MIGHT start considering it.

Buying your way to 80…L to the azy on this one. XD

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

and this would just completely destroy the purpose of the game. I mean really skip all the way to 80. who needs to waste time LEARNING their class. everyone can just become an instant pro at it without working.
while we’re at it how bout we had a 1 shot skill so we don’t have to waste our time fighting enemies and bosses.
Oh and then we can just have unlimited everything because picking up the loot would be to much for us.

#ELEtism

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

If you gave an instant-80 scroll in the game you would just have a ton of 80th level characters with no one playing in the lower level areas anymore.

Hahahahahahahahahahha look at Queensdale.. If anything the higher level maps have less people because there harder. This needs to be implemented I hate leveling alts simple because its repetitive and boring. I would pay 20 gold to level an alt to straight 80 rather then gems.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I might consider this idea if the requirement was; get a level 80, get 100% map exploration on the same 80, complete the personal story, etc. Even THEN I think it should be a lot more expensive, and limited to maybe one per account, ever.

I would also be satisfied if ANet just gave everyone a permanent +100% exp boost after already doing the above steps instead though.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

and this would just completely destroy the purpose of the game. I mean really skip all the way to 80. who needs to waste time LEARNING their class. everyone can just become an instant pro at it without working.
while we’re at it how bout we had a 1 shot skill so we don’t have to waste our time fighting enemies and bosses.
Oh and then we can just have unlimited everything because picking up the loot would be to much for us.

Quit being so dramatic. If your gonna make a point actually back it up with some info. None of this sarcasm, you showed your opinion obviously, but frankly (not to be rude) no one cares.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

You can already do this, don’t you know?
It’s called a PvP

Otherwise, what about this: NO, thanks.

#ELEtism 4ever

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Its just not sensible to put a scroll in that lets you go from 1-80 instantly. The reason levels exist is so you can learn the mechanics of the class better.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

The statement, that this game would be full of 80 noobs and dungeonfailbobs bc everyone could skip the leveling process is simply not true.

If you need 80 (eighty!) levels to learn 4 weapons and 20 Utilitiskills, than this game is maybe a little bit complex for you.

You don’t learn anything about dungeons while leveling. If player A levels his char in, lets say, one week, to 80, and player B uses the instant 80 scroll and then spends only half a week in dungeons, well, which one would you rather have in your group?

It’s not about a mesmer knowig that he has a skill named Feedback. He needs to know when to use it, or otherwise he’s just going to produce pretty purple bubbles at random.

Oh, and why do you think we have so many LB-bear Ranger in dungeons? They tried this tactic in open PvE while leveling, it worked, and now they are convinced that this build is viable. Because, you know, it worked up to now, why should I listen to some random guy I met in Arah? What, now he wants me to use reflection? Isn’t that the thing Guardians have? I’m a Ranger, kitten, what a noob…

I support this idea. Instant 80 scrolls would be awesome. If thats too much, convert the instant 20 scrolls to + 20 lvl scrolls. I have enough of them…

You know, play the way I want. And I DON’T want to play open PvE. I want to play both dungeons and WvW on a competitive level.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I think a 20+ levels scroll would be better. That way if someone wants it that bad, they can pay for the whole thing (And for all the levels they want). If someone merely wants to skip some levels, they can do that.

I know for me, it’s pretty boring later on after level 20.

I ? Karkas.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Dromar.1027

The statement, that this game would be full of 80 noobs and dungeonfailbobs bc everyone could skip the leveling process is simply not true.

If you need 80 (eighty!) levels to learn 4 weapons and 20 Utilitiskills, than this game is maybe a little bit complex for you.

You don’t learn anything about dungeons while leveling. If player A levels his char in, lets say, one week, to 80, and player B uses the instant 80 scroll and then spends only half a week in dungeons, well, which one would you rather have in your group?

It’s not about a mesmer knowig that he has a skill named Feedback. He needs to know when to use it, or otherwise he’s just going to produce pretty purple bubbles at random.

Oh, and why do you think we have so many LB-bear Ranger in dungeons? They tried this tactic in open PvE while leveling, it worked, and now they are convinced that this build is viable. Because, you know, it worked up to now, why should I listen to some random guy I met in Arah? What, now he wants me to use reflection? Isn’t that the thing Guardians have? I’m a Ranger, kitten, what a noob…

I support this idea. Instant 80 scrolls would be awesome. If thats too much, convert the instant 20 scrolls to + 20 lvl scrolls. I have enough of them…

You know, play the way I want. And I DON’T want to play open PvE. I want to play both dungeons and WvW on a competitive level.

Downplaying the complexity of the game to support instant 80 cash shop items is so asinine it makes me want bang my head against the wall.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Molch.2078

Downplaying the complexity of the game to support instant 80 cash shop items is so asinine it makes me want bang my head against the wall.

Feel free to bang your head against a wall of your choice all day, but, if you care for my advice, use the time to read my post again.

I made two statements.

1. Instant 80 scrolls wouldn’t cause a flood of bads.
  2. I want instant 80 scrolls because I don’t like leveling.

I hope I made my point of view a litte bit more obvious now.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Dromar.1027

Feel free to bang your head against a wall of your choice all day, but, if you care for my advice, use the time to read my post again.

I made two statements.

1. Completely based on theory.
  2. Then go play a game w/o leveling.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Molch.2078

I made two statements.

1. Completely based on theory.
  2. Then go play a game w/o leveling.

Of course it is based on theory. What isn’t? Do you have actuall data to prove that, in case we release this scroll, the number of bads will increase? I don’t think so. Theory is all we have, and if theory is not relevant, well, then I’ll gladly retreat that part of my statement, since the theory it refers to is invalid, too.

And for your #2: Well, this IS the ‘suggestion’-part of the forum, isn’t_it? (yay for the censor^^)

(edited by Molch.2078)

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Dromar.1027

Don’t sit there and support bad ideas just because leveling doesn’t fulfill the fun factor anymore. That’s a whole other issue that needs to be addressed instead of putting a cheap band-aid over it.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Molch.2078

Don’t sit there and support bad ideas just because leveling doesn’t fulfill the fun factor anymore. That’s a whole other issue that needs to be addressed instead of putting a cheap band-aid over it.

Some people like leveling the way it is. You find some examples in this thread. For them, there is no issue, and adressing it would probably make the game worse in their eyes.

This “cheap band-aid” makes everyone happy:

• Me, I can be instant 80.
  • Everyone who wants to lvl normal, because he can still do it.
  • Anet, because they sell more gems.

I don’t see why this is a bad idea.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

This is a bad idea, it will cause more harm to the overall game then it would be good. They will not add this option into the game for the same reason why they took out upscaling in the Open World.

Or perhaps they should add it in, but make it super expensive like $150 per character, and you get zero trait points and zero skill points till you earn them through XP gain.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

IMO I think Knowledge scrolls should just give a level. But yeah I wouldn’t mind this.

1. Lvling is boring you see it all once you don’t care to do it again except maybe personal story which you need to level between each 5 min quest… ZZZZZZ…

2. “To many baddies!!! ppl need to learn their class!” Argument is invalid baddies will always exists no matter how they play.

2a. There are level 80’s now to legitimately leveled and don’t know what a doge roll is.

2b. PvE dosen’t teach you, your class except maybe some understanding of the skills and traits which you can take an hour reading up on or playing in PvP.

3. You still have the exotic treadmill, although this isn’t hard, and is shorter than leveling, gearing up is still a big factor. You get tons of dungeon experience and this other than PvP is a good way to learn your class.

4. PvPers know their class and can out play a of your generic pug members yet have no interest leveling, this can be fixed by giving PvPers EXP but a fast and effective way to 80 would be preferred.

5. GW1 you could max level in a day… GW2 without crafting? A week if your living a healthy lifestyle?

WTB faster 80.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

300 to 400 gems? in order to make any sort of sense in terms of pricing it would have to be more expensive than craft leveling which would then make it never used anyway.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

300 to 400 gems? in order to make any sort of sense in terms of pricing it would have to be more expensive than craft leveling which would then make it never used anyway.

Crafting to level is not supposed to be a thing… It’s not intended to be a super money sync or a fast past to 80 even less so both combined.

It was intended as a “oh craft and you gain some levels while you play =D you can hypothetically get to 80 with it! if you 400 every crafting”

that being said 400ing every crafting is dumb, if your a clothie why take huntsman? OH WELL IF YOUR A MESMER YOU GET PISTOL!!! -_-

I wear plate whats leather working get me =D I guess gear for my alts… Ops I don’t play leather now what? -_-

It’s like saying “WvW gives better exp than crafting guess no reason to do it” (since it technically does some days)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

After reading some Threads, i think would be a good Idea to implement instant 80 leveling scrolls for 300-400 gems in the gem store. This would perfectly work for me, i’m sure as hell don’t want to level another character and go through that boring level grind again. I would prefer instant level 80 alt. and just do end game with him.

Who else likes the idea?

I love the idea, but I doubt if they’ll implement it. Just craft to 80 and be done.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Who else likes the idea?

its called the Tradeskill System and Tradeskill Boosters.

For about 60G (as of 3 weeks ago) You can level a level3 Character to 80 in under 3 hours (after you buy all the components).

You dont need a scroll for this, and 60G is about what it costs for 400 Gems right now. So you already have what you want.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I believe I responded to one of the thread the OP made, and like I said, I support the Insta-80 only if Anet can do some sort of time gating or fix requirement.

One example I provided was, the player wishing to be insta 80, must have leveled a character to 80 the traditional way. This ensure that the player have basic understanding of the game: crafting, teleporting, where’s L.A., what is a dungeon, wvwv, etc. All the basics, from doing DEs, to completing hearts, to salvaging to forging. Also, a totally NEW player, aside from having a Lv80, must have played his character for at least 240hrs (4hrs for 60days) to be eligible to purchase that Insta-80.

In HoM, players are all Lv80 anyway. So for those saying everyone doing an alt MUST be hand leveling it “the newbie” way to learn the class is missing the point because anyone and everyone can learn their class in HoM because they have full access to utilities and skills. Note: I said learning, not mastering. And even if a player has hand-leveld his character to 80, I have seen a lot of them not knowing how to cast their skills for the right situation. However, they do learn it, in time.

As for those saying exploration? Well, you can still do that, no one prevents anyone from visiting a new place unexplored on the new character. And because a new Lv80 is a new character, EXPLORATION is bound to happen coz all of the maps is not explored! The scroll is not about insta “world map completion”.

As for baddies: you can’t remove this. There will always be bad players, period. Will they improve? Of course, but they aren’t baddies because they’re insta 80.

So the point is:
1. Insta 80, only for those who qualify (i.e. hand lvled an 80 and/or met the minimum play time, and/or did a full dungeon, and/or did a 100% map completion)
2. Insta 80, isnt insta 100 map completion
3. Insta 80, will make vet players go right to the action: learn the new class (if they haven’t yet) thru maximizing traits and weapons
4. Insta 80, is an option, and Anet must make it an expensive option (3000gems-4000 gems) so players can’t spam alts or abuse this system.. There must also a time-gate, i.e. limit 1 insta 80 per month.
5. Insta 80 doesn’t make you a bad player, the players play their characters badly. And with teh time gate and requirement, the only thing making the player play the character bad, is themselves. I mean, if you have 240hrs (2mos or 60 days, assuming 4hrs game play everyday), players should at least grasp the basics of the game.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

Daishi has the right point there, needless to restate but i’d like to summarize the arguments people give not to allow insta-80 scrolls and reasons why should it be done. We’ll see which out-weights which.

Reasons people don’t want insta-80 scrolls:

1. increased amount of unskilled players.
2. vacant content
3. There is a way to do it already
4. Selfish people’s greed

Every thing else is too insignificant to be valid. Let me counter each of the stated arguments.

1. amount of bad players wont increase if the scroll will be only available after you level your first 80. That way you will see how the mechanics work and how game is. Dodge mechanic is the same for every class so is the healing mechanic, there fore don’t tell me they will need skill to dodge as warrior in a different manner than a Thief. On top of it, if you want to learn your class specifics you can go to sPvP and play around with builds, check out additional mechanics and roll out into PvE full of knowledge. Learning Dungeon fights will be done during level of initial 80.

2. Forcing us to level new character thinking it will re-populate dead zones is straight up dumb. People like my self who want another 80 but don’t want to level, will just rush through the easy quests and exploration solo, and the zone will remain empty. Dead Zones wont get more dead than they are now with insta- 80 scroll. First of all not every one want to pay to get leveled, so if there been let’s say 8 people per dead zone on time, after scroll goes live there will be 5 people per dead zone.

3. This is straight up invalid, professions were not made to be a way to get to 80 fast. Professions are things you have to do along while leveling, if you want to do it. On top of it, professions should create some thing meaningful, not just burn mats to max it out and than create one ascended sword or a pistol.

4. I’ve noted that there a lot of people who don’t want to have insta-80 scroll because they don’t want to pay for it, or can’t pay for it. So they want every one to be forced to level with them, so they don’t feel lonely (well it’s already lonely no mater how you look at it). There other people who simply want and like to level again, but i don’t understand why they want to force the rest who doesn’t like it, to do it. However, no one is forced to buy the insta-80 scroll, if you want to level and you like it, knock your self out, go level, god bless you. If you don’t and you think paying a little to get to 80 is fair, buy scroll and continue enjoying the game. For greedy people or kids that don’t work, all i can say if you don’t want the scroll, go level normal way, but don’t deprive others from having fun the way they want it.

All in all, i can honestly say there is no problem for ANET to do it, the show will start bringing more revenue for them if they open this scroll, people who want insta-80 will get happier, people who don’t want insta-80 will have their time leveling as they wanted to.

As for re-population of the zones. Only way to repopulate them is to offer zone specific set rewards, get more global events like dragons to attract people to the zones. get a good amount of pre-events with good bounty so people will come and do them, for gold, for mats and etc. Force leveling unfortunately wont re-populate dead zones, we see it in every MMO including WoW.

The game is meant to be fun, for some one it’s leveling, for some one it’s vertical gear progression, for some one end game (be it dungeon content or world bosses). GW2 has potential to make every player happy. you want to level 10 characters, do it if it makes you happy. I don’t want to level, i want insta-80 and just farm gear, have fun. Why should i not have my way? considering many people want it.

Instant 80!

in Suggestions

Asmodeius.2751

two things i want to disagree on with DeathMetal and i have valid arguments for it.

1. For those who are forced to re-level and don’t want to, leveling is actually a punishment already. This only makes us unhappy, to keep us happy and not loose player base ANET should not further punish us with a Dollar. therefore 3k-4k gems for insta-80 is just bad and inconvenient. It shouldn’t be free, but it shouldn’t cost more than 20$ for 1 insta-80 scroll.
2. Limit 1 per month of insta-80 scroll is bad idea, we have character slots limiting us already which is good enough and if you think a person has to be crazy spamming the game with insta-80 characters for 20$ per scroll.

For convenience, ANET could implement 20 level scrolls. those scrolls would add 20 levels to the characters current level (no mater what level it has already) and make it cost 1/4 of the insta-80 scroll. That way if you have zone that you particularly like leveling through you will have that chance.

One thing is bad and i believe every one should agree with me on it is forcing us to do bad, unwanted, not fun content. Instead of forcing us, revamp the content, make it wanted and fun. People will go there and do it much better and faster than just forcing us.