Introduce cast bars

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

I feel the this game is missing a lot when it comes to being able to notice whats going on since their is so much spam/clutter/particle effects.

Cast bars need to be introduced into this game not sure why they didn’t add them from the start. This would make fights a lot smoother and let players react and improve the counter play to the game. Instead of most players just spamming their dodges because they can really tell whats going on.

They also might want to revamp the some animations/cast times for very potent skills this would change the flow of combat and not a spam fest and really reward for chained combos and better placement of attacks and positioning.
With this people wouldn’t be able to spam their skills as much since cast times for certain abilities would be increased lowering all the clutter going on screen.

What do you think?? Should there be cast bars within this game?
Do you think cast times should also be increase for powerful abilities to help subside spam of abilities and reward more teamwork to chain cc together?

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

it’s already extremely easy to interrupt things like heals, adding in a big “STUN ME NOW TO WIN!” would horridly unbalance things.

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

if they cannot reduce the amount of spell effects obfuscating combat, i think cast bars would be a good solution.

it’s easy to interrupt things, but its not always easy to see when something needs to be interrupted.

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

The animations should be the actual ‘pointers’ instead of the cast bar (as there was one in GW1) … thing it though, due to the mass of particle effects sometimes reducing a foe to a blob of effects, there is hardly an opportunity to actually see the animation and thus react to it … iow I’m with scrambles on this one…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

you do know you can turn down your graphics settings to reduce the number of effects? Sorry if I’m being a bit blunt on this, but…

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

you do know you can turn down your graphics settings to reduce the number of effects? Sorry if I’m being a bit blunt on this, but…

yeah, but it doesn’t really help a lot. I have them turned down as much as i can but i still lose track of things in the fray. I have a pretty decent graphics card, too.

The UI is there to compensate for things that get lost in combat. Sure, you can see who you have targeted by looking at them, but in the fray of combat it’s hard to tell so they give you an enemy target portrait on your UI so you know who you have targetted.

You can see in combat what debuff/buffs you have on you, yet they give you UI indicators to let you know as well.

I think a cast bar would be welcome on the UI. It’s cool though, WoW didn’t have one a year after launch, either. I can wait.

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Cast Bars yes, because asurans are to small, and norns are huge.

Introduce cast bars

in Suggestions

Posted by: protovibe.8417

protovibe.8417

Haven’t really a problem with the bars on this game, seems pretty balanced. Although different people have different perspectives so;D

Conditionmancer <3