Its time for Calendars and Larger Groups

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Yes it is time, i was going to post this in suggestions however i think this point it should become a normal discussion in why its needed.

Now that guild events are part of the game we now have our first bit of content requiring …..well the guild. Any time you have events requiring larger #‘s of people you need an easy way to say “Hey, be on at inset time for X event” not like it wasn’t needed before but i would argue the need is growing now and becoming more important.

Which just rolls into the need for larger groups. This issues has existed already with WvW but once again now with larger sized events requiring more people, larger groups are needed to accommodate such events and work with their larger size to make coordinating much easier, especially if the guild puzzles will be as hard as they sound.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Now that guild events are part of the game we now have our first bit of content requiring …..well the guild. Any time you have events requiring larger #‘s of people you need an easy way to say “Hey, be on at inset time for X event” not like it wasn’t needed before but i would argue the need is growing now and becoming more important.

You mean like, guild chat?

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Warruz.8096

Doesnt exactly inform people offline and pressing Ctrl V throughout the day to make sure everyone knows isnt the most elegant solution considering you still may not be on when they are on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

You can’t ask the guild on monday in guildchat, if they’re going to show up in an event on thursday. (“Type yes/no if you’re going to show up!”). That wont work in a fairly structured guild.

With the arrival of guild events, i believe a calendar, and larger groups would be in good use.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I’m in a medium sized guild and I am afraid to ‘ask’ when they are going to plan for guild events. I looked around in messages to see if there is one posted. I think they are a tad short on influence even if AOW is at tier V.
Still I already see a need for a calender. It would be so easy to check and not bother the leaders, if they’re even online at the same time, with the same questions that everyone in the guild is asking.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

in Suggestions

Warruz.8096

Need for a calendar has been around since this game started, its just not its becoming more apparent. Up vote this so we can get on in!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tawn.9871

Tawn.9871

No, obviously not like guild chat. Calendars should be relatively easy to implement.. with all this focus on guilds.. Im baffled why we don’t have them in a 6 month old game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Calendar would be great. I don’t know if we need the larger groups since the way the game is designed and some guild are around 400 people, no group size is going to accommodate that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

or message of the day feature?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

This is what the guild message is for. As far as calendars this would be what guild website calendars are for. If the guild really wants to join in they should be checking the guild website for news and the calendar for the “when” and “where”. It only takes a few seconds to make a calendar on a guild website, most of which are free.

Basically Guilld message + guild website like every other MMO guild/legion does.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Warruz.8096

Calendar would be great. I don’t know if we need the larger groups since the way the game is designed and some guild are around 400 people, no group size is going to accommodate that.

Trying to have guild events is a bit of a pain once you get over the 5 mark. Like Doing a map complete night you loose people as you go through it because they arnt in the same group unless you have someone who is a commander . I think 20 would be a sweet spot aka 4 groups as a larger size, anything is better then just the 5.

Message of the day only does so much, in fact its worse then other games because it isnt in your chat box when you log in, im sure a fair amount of people dont even click the guild tab every day when they hop on. Also going;

Player A doing AC Monday Night
Player B doing WvW night at X time
Player C has Fractals blah blah blah
etc

As your whole message of the day as it leaves anything else out but the schedule, also if something changes you are in no way alerted if something is canceled or moved and requires an officers to update it.

As far as calendars this would be what guild website calendars are for. If the guild really wants to join in they should be checking the guild website for news and the calendar for the “when” and “where”. It only takes a few seconds to make a calendar on a guild website, most of which are free.

Basically Guilld message + guild website like every other MMO guild/legion does.

Il just paraphrase what wow devs said as i dont remember the exact words. But the jist of it is being that its poor design to have people go outside the game for information. And as anyone who as run a guild has known, not everyone goes to the website or if they do they its very limited and getting people to participate on guild forums and such can be a hell of a challenge.

Its just simply easier for everyone involved if there was an in game calendar and im not saying all the “suggestions” people are giving dont work, there is simply a more elegant solution to it and that can provide more functionality and ease of use then those options . WoW’s worked great and i loved when they added it as it was simple and gave you reminders of when the event was close in your chat box, it also sent you mail if something got canceled , in addition you could have spur of the moment events and they are easy to spot as most dont check guild websites daily.

(edited by Warruz.8096)

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

Trying to have guild events is a bit of a pain once you get over the 5 mark. Like Doing a map complete night you loose people as you go through it because they arnt in the same group unless you have someone who is a commander . I think 20 would be a sweet spot aka 4 groups as a larger size, anything is better then just the 5.

Message of the day only does so much, in fact its worse then other games because it isnt in your chat box when you log in, im sure a fair amount of people dont even click the guild tab every day when they hop on. Also going;

Player A doing AC Monday Night
Player B doing WvW night at X time
Player C has Fractals blah blah blah
etc

As your whole message of the day as it leaves anything else out but the schedule, also if something changes you are in no way alerted if something is canceled or moved and requires an officers to update it.

As far as calendars this would be what guild website calendars are for. If the guild really wants to join in they should be checking the guild website for news and the calendar for the “when” and “where”. It only takes a few seconds to make a calendar on a guild website, most of which are free.

Il just paraphrase what wow devs said as i dont remember the exact words. But the jist of it is being that its poor design to have people go outside the game for information. And as anyone who as run a guild has known, not everyone goes to the website or if they do they its very limited and getting people to participate on guild forums and such can be a hell of a challenge.

Its just simply easier for everyone involved if there was an in game calendar and im not saying all the “suggestions” people are giving dont work, there is simply a more elegant solution to it and that can provide more functionality and ease of use then those options . WoW’s worked great and i loved when they added it as it was simple and gave you reminders of when the event was close in your chat box, it also sent you mail if something got canceled , in addition you could have spur of the moment events and they are easy to spot as most dont check guild websites daily.

But we already have to go out of game for Wiki, LFG, Event Timers, Server forums, so just seems relevant to have guild website ^^ Plus personally I enjoy making a website that members enjoy

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Suggestions

Warruz.8096

That we do, but id like to have them in game also .

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

That we do, but id like to have them in game also .

Ditto.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

How about a better implementation of the MOTD feature so that you can edit it without clearing it, and you can paste from outside the program? That’ll help.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Warruz.8096

How about a better implementation of the MOTD feature so that you can edit it without clearing it, and you can paste from outside the program? That’ll help.

Would be happy If it just posted it in your chat box when logging on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Would be happy If it just posted it in your chat box when logging on.

Hmmm. Post it to somewhere that had “/Guild” enabled and only if it has been changed.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

If they added it to the game, doesn’t make gw2 a wow clone. no instead they took an idea and added it to their game because it was functional tool for the guild system. GW2 has grass in it, so dose wow. dose that make gw2 a wow clone because of grass?

Overall we do need it

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

If they added it to the game, doesn’t make gw2 a wow clone. no instead they took an idea and added it to their game because it was functional tool for the guild system. GW2 has grass in it, so dose wow. dose that make gw2 a wow clone because of grass?

Overall we do need it

Well it is kinda wowish grass…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

Overall we do need it

Well it is kinda wowish grass…

but gw2 grass is better since it sways in the wind.

OT the calendar in WOW was a useful tool, not just for raids, but for planning guild events like RP, lowbie day and what not that my guild use to do. It brought the guild closer since almost noone but my officers use the guild website

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kismet.1487

Kismet.1487

Ding – You got my vote.

I got commander for the ability for my members to find me on the map, since we can’t have a raid worth of players. No raids makes it hard for people to find each other & stay grouped. Especially underwater & more complex 3 dimensional locations.

Also if we can be scaled down to an area. Have Guild event’s Scale up to match no of players. This way we don’t have to exclude people. Such as in 5 person party and 6th & 7th person are “On the list” for next time. I really don’t like leaving people out. I’ll often leave group to add in a members so they can get things done. I just come back to it later.

I’d prefer to bring everyone’s who is interested and have the area scale up with “Reinforcements”. Give Large party size & based on No of people in instance = toughness of mobs & amount of mobs. Even on odd numbers like 9, 13, 23.

hmm. had a thought, also can just add an option to make all Guild members visible on map like WvW, where you can see other players that are close to your area by map (and mini-map) showing blue dot, with leader in another color maybe or with guild icon, shield like commander, or something of that nature. That would be a great feature.

Yes it is time, i was going to post this in suggestions however i think this point it should become a normal discussion in why its needed.

Which just rolls into the need for larger groups. This issues has existed already with WvW but once again now with larger sized events requiring more people, larger groups are needed to accommodate such events and work with their larger size to make coordinating much easier, especially if the guild puzzles will be as hard as they sound.

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
http://www.kismetbp.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: kiwipearls.5237

kiwipearls.5237

I vote for guild calendar – the ability to see all the events on all guilds you are joined up to in the one calendar. Able to signup and able to export to a website