Keg Brawl 24/7! Wooo! (Mini-Games in general)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Well personally, I love keg brawl, and wouldn’t mind the game being available to play 24/7.

The “game of the day” does not exactly sit well with me. Being ONLY able to play that specific game is sorta lame.

I get the concept, to channel everyone into a specific game, so it’s more lively, but I feel they could easily have TWO (or even 3?) games available per day. So yeah, twice (or triple) the odds of being able to play your favorite mini-game!

Also, yes, they’re seasonal, but I liked these games a lot! IMO they should be added into the normal rotation! Keep in mind Sanctum Sprint, and Crab Toss were both “event” minigames that ended up being part of the normal rotation.

• Dragon Ball
  • Wintersday Snowball Fight
  • Zephyr Elemental Battle mini-game

Or just make Keg Brawl always playable? WOO KEG BRAWL!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

it used to be a 24/7 activity before the kiel election

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

I know! I’d love to see it brought back!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I entirely agree! The only two activities I like out of the bunch are sanctum sprint (and I don’t like to hop in that one as much as I would have much preferred Sanctum Arena… Ellen won after all! Why didn’t we get Arena instead of Survival?!) and Keg Brawl. I would love to hone my keg brawling skills whenever I wanted to >:D

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

I entirely agree! The only two activities I like out of the bunch are sanctum sprint (and I don’t like to hop in that one as much as I would have much preferred Sanctum Arena… Ellen won after all! Why didn’t we get Arena instead of Survival?!) and Keg Brawl. I would love to hone my keg brawling skills whenever I wanted to >:D

Sprint is boring, and repetitive, because you’re not really competing against other players. 90% of the time, you’re the only racer for the first 60 seconds, before more people join. With such a massive headstart, you should be ashamed if you even see another player during your run.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Kiel being elected really messed up a lot of things for a lot of people… RECOUNT!!!!

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

Kiel being elected really messed up a lot of things for a lot of people… RECOUNT!!!!

Agreed! Also I want to get the abbadon fractal Gnashblade promised, not the thermanova (whatever) reactor fractal. The last thing I feel like doing is mucking through YET ANOTHER Asura lab. Ugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The rotation was already set in place no matter who won the election. Of course the election was already decided when it was cheaper waypoints vs. cheaper BLKs.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I really don’t like the current set-up. Why would a random NPC (called just Citizen, of all things) teleport you (how?) to mini-games, some of which shouldn’t even be going on? The Zephyrites left, where (and why, and how) do the Sanctum sprints take place? Why can we go there and have access to the Zephyrites’ skills, but not travel to the Labyrinthine Cliffs at all? How does Southsun Survival exist in the exact same location at the exact same time as the regular Southsun Cove map? Why is the daily activity something to have to go to Lion’s arch for?

For reasons of in-game consistency, I would much prefer this:

Always available:

• Keg Brawl
    (accessible through Hoelbrak)
  • Crab Toss
    (accessible through Southsun Cove)
  • Southsun Survival
    (accessible through Southsun Cove, and on a dedicated map that is off the main island, only half of which is used currently anyway)
  • Moa Racing
    (in Lion’s Arch)

Only available during the respective recurring event:

• Dragon Ball
  • Wintersday mini games
  • Halloween mini games
  • Sanctum Sprint and Sanctum Arena
  • Queensdale torch run
  • etc.

If you want a rotation for a daily achievement, then that’s fine, but:

• The mini-games should be available at all times, but only one of them will grant the daily achievement (similar to Shiverpeaks Killer, etc.)
  • Create a portal in LA (or even every one of the major cities) like the fractal portal that teleports you directly to the activity of the day, to make navigation easier for players
  • The daily achievement would make sure that this activity is always well-populated, without preventing players to play their favourite mini-game instead
  • Include Moa-Racing for more diversity

This way, there would be some internal consistency, some rhyme and reason to the whole thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I understand the reasoning between rotating which minigames are available, but I feel like Keg Brawl is bugged. It only seems to be the daily minigame once per week, while the other three each appear twice per week.

Also, why did the Norn of Hoelbrak decide to stop playing their favorite game for 6 days a week just because a Human was elected to the Captains Council of Lion’s Arch? That doesn’t make any sense to me.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Suggestions

Dand.8231

I understand the reasoning between rotating which minigames are available, but I feel like Keg Brawl is bugged. It only seems to be the daily minigame once per week, while the other three each appear twice per week.

And here I thought it was just me. It rarely seems to be made available.

I think the reasoning is to help populate the minigames better, but I feel like we could have 2 mini games a day, and still easily maintain a decent population in them.