Less jumping, more puzzles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: supertron.6712

supertron.6712

I really love that God of War/Tomb Raider aspect of “jumping puzzles” but with a generally laggy connection jumping can become frustrating.
Some lever/moving door/place boulder on pressure pad/play the right tune things are so fun, specially when you do something wrong and say a monster appears, or the floor falls out Goonies style.

Perhaps even some epic zone wide puzzles, like when you find a random key and try and figure out where it goes….those things are especially involving, its a mystery that we can figure out or perhaps with the help of a few others its very involving.

Just a suggestion…for us laggy people out in the sticks with satellite connections or just not to hot computers……love the puzzles…..the jumping….meh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

yes i would love to see some more puzzles than just jumping

maybe something like this

ddo is a great game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Labirynths!

And any other weird idea.

Without changing the current jumping puzzles, just to add to the variety.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

id like to have math puzzles also, or general science puzzle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xolosheep.1649

Xolosheep.1649

Absolutely agree. I want to have puzzles that twist my brain instead of fighting the horrible camera mechanics in jumping puzzles.

As much as I love the game, I absolutely hate some of the jumping puzzles. The camera mechanics and the level design do not work together at all.

Let me give u an example, in Malchor’s Leap, there is a huge jumping puzzle in a cave. There are many tight spaces / ledges only wide enough to fit one person. The camera is always colliding with and bouncing off the walls, making it impossible to see the direction that you’re about to jump into. I can’t even look up and down to find my orichalcum ore node. It actually gives my friend motion sickness due to the camera bouncing off the walls nonstop.

The jumping puzzles are moderately challenging but not hard, it’s the camera making it frustrating and takes the fun factor out of the equation. Why design an environment with such tight spaces if you know camera is going to bounce everywhere? People complain about camera in games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, but this is a whole new level of horrible game design decision. Please either make camera go behind walls, or don’t design a level that conflict with the camera mechanics.

(edited by Xolosheep.1649)

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I want to help Quaggans with their math puzzles I’d suggest some puzzles like the ones in Grim Fandango or Monkey Island (old games, I know >.<)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

or teach the skrit science puzzles,

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

why not both? i love jumping puzzles, but i’d love it if we had more dungeons with “actual” puzzles in them, or even just minidungeons.

this minidungeon is probably one of the best hidden secrets in the entire game:

NOTE: that’s from beta. they messed around with some things in the dungeon (mainly, the sword isn’t useless)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m up for incredibly difficult logic puzzles that give nice rewards for two reasons:

• I like puzzles.
  • To hear the cries of “OMG this puzzle is too difficult! Nerf it!”
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Seems they successfully did this with the Mad king clock tower puzzle

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Seems they successfully did this with the Mad king clock tower puzzle

Touche, but that is somewhat understandable if you’re an Asuran amongst a group of Norn and you can’t see your character

If they made it instanced to you only though, then no-one would have a reason to QQ.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I would add random treasure chests in the world which will require a puzzle solving to open. They can add achievements and level progression to this idea similar to crafting levels. The principle of the chests will be like the resource nodes where everyone can take it.

Puzzles will start a mini game on the player screen. These puzzles can involve math, fast clicking, moving/turning objects.

Puzzle difficulty will be random and NOT zone related
The puzzles will give rewards randomly and NOT based on difficulty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

I’d love to see more puzzles, even more if they were implemented to dungeons, even heavily, perhaps puzzles that’d require teamwork too? I’d just love that, it simply factors positively in gameplay

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Yes! I was sort of hoping that the Labyrinth was going to be something akin to this idea, but it wasn’t. Though I do love the Halo Reach-Infection-esc mini-game. I would have loved to have seen a dungeon or a mini-dungeon labyrinth where we had to explore a massive trap-filled maze with the goal being getting to the center. There could even have been one (or several) Grim Reaper Champion(s) that roam the maze that players have to run away from before they get killed. That would have been an awesome Puzzle to get through!

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

id like to have math puzzles also, or general science puzzle

In fact, there was one renown heart activity in Brisban Wildlands where you had to solve math problems. I loved that activity because math is like solving logic problems. So I would definitely like to see a variety of puzzle activities added to the game along with the jumping puzzles. I’m just not that good on jump puzzles, but I love any type of puzzle that doesn’t require speed and quick reactions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acheron.4576

Acheron.4576

i miss the zelda type dungeons lol there was puzzles mazes and some monsters i’d like to see more of these lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

I’d love more sophisticated jump puzzles in GW2 as well, +1 vote

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I’d like some logic puzzles or logic based things. Something like the game Ir/rational redux.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

i thought this thread was about puzzles.

now people want math problems in my videogames >.>

in Suggestions

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Yeah to all of these ideas. Also, real puzzles that consist of little pieces of pictures that you have to pick up in the world – scavanger hunt style – and arrange in your backpack to see the final picture and get that valuable clue to the location of the epic mega-chest of everything!

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

Yeah to all of these ideas. Also, real puzzles that consist of little pieces of pictures that you have to pick up in the world – scavanger hunt style – and arrange in your backpack to see the final picture and get that valuable clue to the location of the epic mega-chest of everything!

that doesn’t work because the inventory window is resizable, and the inventory space itself can change depending on which bags you have equipped.

in Suggestions

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

that doesn’t work because the inventory window is resizable, and the inventory space itself can change depending on which bags you have equipped.

All part of the challenge! You have to also find the right size to get the picture to line up, and the backpack never changes in size.