Let the player make it...

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Hey everyone!
I want everyone to be able to make their own arena field…..
What does that mean?
It is as simple as it sounds, this way the map and rules will be unique everywhere, besides in the TPvP, or in the normal matches in spvp. This is a way to give us more “freedom” in what we want, if there is alot of games we can join and have fun with. The deathmatches can be looking like a city or just a small platform.
This way we will have more fun, by swithing to something new, each time.
Creating our own map with like putting stones, bridges etc up. I mean, see for youself a map, you would love to be played on a pvp map, one you would know would be fun and popular.
Only real – would be that it might be liked more, than capture the point. Which is what ANet is focussing on. But the chances are small, since people might see this as a fun thing. Like a map from…idk if I can put names from other games but…Digimon/pokemon, to something as new as…idk skyrim?
Well, that is my thougts on what could be improven in Gw2
Guild halls
More stragetic WvW
and a bigger dynamic event
(build changes, on the fly)
Is still on my top list. But this is basecly to hit every aspect of this game. since it does not look like they are going to implement a new mode regarding to pvp, I would like this to become a reality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

players actually making the map? do you know how much work that would take to implement!? and even if that were to happen, there would be some serious issues with that, for example, someone makes a troll map with just endless obstacles everywhere and jump pads/teleport pads, giant laser cannons aiming straight at the other teams base when they spawn. If I understood that correctly. Though I see what you really mean. It would be nice to have more maps and all that, but the players just should not be able to make their own map with ridiculous mechanics 10x more than sky hammer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

players actually making the map? do you know how much work that would take to implement!? and even if that were to happen, there would be some serious issues with that, for example, someone makes a troll map with just endless obstacles everywhere and jump pads/teleport pads, giant laser cannons aiming straight at the other teams base when they spawn. If I understood that correctly. Though I see what you really mean. It would be nice to have more maps and all that, but the players just should not be able to make their own map with ridiculous mechanics 10x more than sky hammer.

Well, the idea, was just that we got a platform, stuff we could lengten or made smaller.
You have probably seen alot of games that uses this kind of system, from the race games to little big planet.
But no, I do not know how much time that would take to implement such a system?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I’m not saying this is necessarily a bad or good idea, but look up Skyrim’s Creation Kit and see just how complex setting up RPG levels can be and Skyrim is only single player. When you add multiple players, creatures and/or NPCs and all the consideration therein the complexity increases exponentially. I think it would be a lot of development and probably more hardware and storage for ANet for a limited audience.