Let us save our armor skins!

in Suggestions

Posted by: burnhouse.9201

burnhouse.9201

While I prefer the ease of costume/appearance slots in games I understand why you have done it they way you have. I have no problem with buying transmutation stones, so this isn’t about that.

The issue I see, as far as I understand the current system, is that if I want to change the look of my current armor (let’s say Whispers) but decide later I want that look again, I can’t get it back without repurchasing the items. I enjoy changing my look constantly – I don’t wear the same clothing for weeks on end so why should my character?

What I propose is some sort of template you can save your armor appearance to that has no stats, much like the HoM rewards, but can be brought up later if you want to use that look again. They can require transmutation stones to apply, I don’t mind that, although I would prefer some sort of ‘closet’ that would hold them for you so that inventory isn’t further clogged with 6 pieces per outfit.

I see this as an opportunity to put more of an RP feeling into the game and also continue revenue with the use of the transmutation stones and future skins. Ideas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

I think this would be a great idea. I always hate “losing” an appearance of an item because I transmuted it just for its stats. I do it anyway, but I always think of how much of a waste it is that I can’t get that appearance back, without finding another item of that appearance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deathecus.9350

Deathecus.9350

I agree with this! Make armor designs saved similar to dyes or the mentioned ‘closet’ system where you can store your stuff and grab the design at any time!

Dystopia – Jade Quarry (US)
http://dystopiagw2.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I would like to suggest that there be an alternate form of transmuting whereby through the use of a consumable item it will destroy the item entirely but unlock the skin to be taken unlimited for free or at a small fee. It will work similar to the HOM skins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

Couldn’t agree more. For the game, in which progression is centered solely on skins – this addition is an absolute must! Any of the above suggestions will work. I’d myself prefer the suggestion that FateOmega.9601 put out. Cuz requiring a transmutation stone to use the skin that you’ve already spent enough effort getting (which most require) is kinda unfair. But I’d even happily accept the option with transmutation stones and some sort of organized dye-like system, instead of the mess that is now.

Please, please, add this to your already awesome game!)

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bizzle.3495

Bizzle.3495

Couldn’t agree more.

Ditto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

I actually don’t buy the argument that they need to keep us buying transmutation stones every time we want to change our appearance. I think the success of things like Lord Of The Rings Online’s Wardrobe system is good evidence that if we could save appearances, people would buy MORE transmutation stones because getting all the armor skins would become a true collecting game, and people would want the option to save them. Plus, you could sell additional outfit slots for the “closet” itself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I do like the lotro system of saving wardrobe appearance. It is limited to a certain number but it is a great improvement over using large amounts of storage just so you can have variety in your wardrobe.

I would further like this applied to weapons. I have 6 longbows alone saved for their appearance but I’m not sure I can continue to do that for weapons. It takes up too much space.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

This. Just let us save them and use a transmutation stone to apply them.

You’ll still get a hefty money sink out of the stones…arguably more if you simplify the process of getting the appearance you want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Yeah the lotro had awsome wardrobe system. Would like to see something like that here. The armor is too expensive to transmute and lose if you ever want to change appearances for awhile.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

“I think the success of things like Lord Of The Rings Online’s Wardrobe system is good evidence that if we could save appearances, people would buy MORE transmutation stones because getting all the armor skins would become a true collecting game, and people would want the option to save them. Plus, you could sell additional outfit slots for the “closet” itself.”

Seconded. I also think they should go the way of selling us faces and outfits rather the one time use outfits and one time use face changes. STO did it that way and I honestly think that was one of the better systems I played in reference to it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Yes, absolutely. In GW1 I collected a lot of prestige armour and I like to swap it around regularly. I really dislike the idea that some of it is destroyed now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

DCUO does this fantastically, allowing you to change appearance on the fly and making different styles rewards for quests etc.
Being able to “Unlock” a particular look for weapons and armour and then being able to change to it at will would be fantastic. Okay, I know that transmutation stones are a major form of monetisation for ArenaNet, so make every style change use a stone.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Considering there are a few armor skins that only exist from the starter gear which any newcomer would trash the second it can be replaced, I totally agree.
/signed

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eveningstar.7834

Eveningstar.7834

I don’t mind having 15 armor pieces with different looks and different stats. Or even having to transmute them on my 8 characters. What I do mind is the lack of space. :/
If there was a PvE armor closet like the one in PvP, that would be great!

I’d even buy this kind of thing in the gem store if needed be.
I’d like to be able to buy a “Heavy Armor Storage” on my Guardian and a “Light Armor Storage” on my Mesmer. And I’d only have access to a particular one from each character.

For this kind of thing I don’t mind spending my real money on. It’s a good investment and it supports the game. I could dish out a few € every few months for a useful account upgrade like that. The 20 bank slots are just not doing it for me (and I bought 3).

Miia~ GoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: morrigana sedai.2091

morrigana sedai.2091

I don’t mind having 15 armor pieces with different looks and different stats. Or even having to transmute them on my 8 characters. What I do mind is the lack of space. :/
If there was a PvE armor closet like the one in PvP, that would be great!

I’d even buy this kind of thing in the gem store if needed be.
I’d like to be able to buy a “Heavy Armor Storage” on my Guardian and a “Light Armor Storage” on my Mesmer. And I’d only have access to a particular one from each character.

For this kind of thing I don’t mind spending my real money on. It’s a good investment and it supports the game. I could dish out a few € every few months for a useful account upgrade like that. The 20 bank slots are just not doing it for me (and I bought 3).

look i agree on the pve closet like the pvp closet, but tbh i think the transmution is fine. if you want have the same look with diffent start you just need to have several sets of it. I totaly don’t see the problem of that, it just keeps giving you goals ^^.
While if you go with something like wandrobe it just cuts away like allot of those goals.
And there is a other point ppl keep qqing about you need to spend money for gems, tbh i just get them with gold in a slow phase. I have 180 just with gold now and i just keeps slowly rising while i do not even have a real goal for them. Since i come around with the bankspace i have and don’t feel the need atm for a additoin char slot. But when i start feeling the need for it i will be on track with gems to get them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

+1 to the OP; I love the “Rascal” medium leather coat, so after level 80, everytime I crafted a new high-level coat (saving the ones I had) I had to make yet another Rascal-series to do the transmute. It is not a money issue, just seems like a redundant step and redundancy is very rarely fun.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BTIGER.3160

BTIGER.3160

What they need is a wardrobe system where you save your look to the wardrobe so you can pull it out later. Should generate a good amount of revenue too just to buy it and expand the slots (think LOTRO).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tekietee.5037

Tekietee.5037

I would love this idea!

I read in another suggestion about more things to do in your home instance, such as having a garden and so on.

If you could actually have a home in your home instance and a closet there it’d be awesome!

I havent visited my home in weeks! I’d love more of a reason to! haha

in Suggestions

Eveningstar.7834

look i agree on the pve closet like the pvp closet, but tbh i think the transmution is fine. if you want have the same look with diffent start you just need to have several sets of it. I totaly don’t see the problem of that, it just keeps giving you goals ^^.
While if you go with something like wandrobe it just cuts away like allot of those goals.
And there is a other point ppl keep qqing about you need to spend money for gems, tbh i just get them with gold in a slow phase. I have 180 just with gold now and i just keeps slowly rising while i do not even have a real goal for them. Since i come around with the bankspace i have and don’t feel the need atm for a additoin char slot. But when i start feeling the need for it i will be on track with gems to get them.

Not sure if I understand what you’re getting at. But since I might have not been too clear about my comment I’ll try and explain again.
I’d like to have several different armor sets(T1, T2, T3, dungeon armors…).
I do not want to have one “skin” to be saved for easier transmutation like let’s say the HoM stuff.
I’d like the “closet/wardrobe storage” to be there like the collections tab, but you’d only be able to put in one piece of the armor skin(because armor doesn’t stack).

Each character would have it’s own tab coresponding to what type of armor they wear “light, medium, heavy”. I wouldn’t even mind if you had to buy each characters “closet” seperatly. And if they’d add this feature for free… no complaints here.

TL;DL: All I really want is a better system for storing armors. I want to collect them and be able to store them seperatly from my other junk I’m hoarding in my bank. XD

I wouldn’t mind giving money for that kind of feature. That’s all.

Miia~ GoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Many Pesky Monk.3140

Many Pesky Monk.3140

I made like two threads about this and not one single comment…makes me feel sad. But well, atleast this thread is getting recognition! It should be like the pvp armor locker that is in this game already. Just make it for the pve armors and weapons.

The point of the “endgame” in this game is cosmetics. Would only make sense that you can collect them, would give people something else to do. Collect sets even if they won’t use them. Players play longer, we have something else to do and no stress about having to farm up the same armor set. Win win imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Make an Armor Collector NPC, a Weapon Collector NPC and a Costume Collector NPC in race towns that will save all the styles your account has unlocked. Something similar to the Rewards NPC from HoM. Talking to these NPCs will let you chose what ever skins you like to transmute. Also, they can save space by transmuting all in one click not piece by piece. The prices for the skins will be either free if the transmuting stones are still usable, or it may cost gems / golds / stones depending on what pleyer wants to use for it

in Suggestions

Many Pesky Monk.3140

Make an Armor Collector NPC, a Weapon Collector NPC and a Costume Collector NPC in race towns that will save all the styles your account has unlocked. Something similar to the Rewards NPC from HoM. Talking to these NPCs will let you chose what ever skins you like to transmute. Also, they can save space by transmuting all in one click not piece by piece. The prices for the skins will be either free if the transmuting stones are still usable, or it may cost gems / golds / stones depending on what pleyer wants to use for it

I think this is a great idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i agree. I usually change appearance every day or so. I want about 6 sets of light gear for my necro but I don’t think it’s fair to have to go through so much trouble, especially if the armor set costs over 100g…

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I agree. They should implement something like DCUO’s style manager.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

DCUO does this fantastically, allowing you to change appearance on the fly and making different styles rewards for quests etc.
Being able to “Unlock” a particular look for weapons and armour and then being able to change to it at will would be fantastic. Okay, I know that transmutation stones are a major form of monetisation for ArenaNet, so make every style change use a stone.

I loved the way DCUO handled this and I would be fine with a consumable being required to swap or collect looks.

I don’t necessarily want an entirely separate paper doll for appearance. I like the way the dyes are handled – click a button to get into style mode and select from the styles you’ve collected in a pane on the left. Maybe you could use the transmutation stone to get the style into your collection in the same way that you consume a dye. Instead of common/uncommon/rare sections it would be head/shoulders/chest/hands/legs/feet. It would probably take some thought to keep it from getting too cluttered though.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ctarl.3629

Ctarl.3629

I am easily bored of the current look of my character and like to re-dress him/her often. I used to collect armour in Guild Wars 1 and I think my main had close to 15 sets.

Storing all these was a pain in the puppy and I had hoped that GW2 would come up with a better system than having to make multiple storage characters.

Unlocking the skins into a renewable item like the heritage stuff in the HoM is the best I can think of.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They could add an ‘costume tab’ between the armor and town clothes tabs, each of those slots would have a show/hide checkbox, equipping a cstume piece in there would cover the armor piece when armor is shown, and won’t affect town clothes.
and when a costume piece is hidden by unchecking it, the armor equipped in that slot is shown instead the costume piece, allowing players to make quick appearance changes, like hiding/showing a hood or hiding/showing a different chest piece.

Then a Mystic Forge recipe that requires a stack of several transnsmutation stones (fine ones if the item is level 80) to create a diffrent type of transmutation stone that strips an armor piece of its stats to turn it into an armor piece item into a ‘costume piece’ that can be equipped in a costume slot.
These ‘costume pieces’ would be still usable to transmute their skin back to armor pieces.

Then add a PvE collection tab in the bank, and allow storing PvE costume pieces as collectibles, and ding, people would be able to get and collect all armors, if they get enough transmutation stones for it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Yeah, i think they went for this system as opposed of one similar to LOTRO’s wardrobe in the hopes to boost microtransactions. But I’d say having buyable tabs for cosmetic overlays like in lotro could be more lucrative and liked by the player base, because it’s a permanent improvement that can be be bought ad infinitum, and gives a sense of horizontal progression as you diversify your looks. It’s a win/win imo.

Another option would be a way to automatically swap gear, like equipment tabs. So you’re not only swapping looks, but you’re swapping your gear for different situations. You can even make it look like the archetype you’re building with those stats, by using the current transmutation system.You could unlock those tabs with skill points, which would give you increased flexibility as you level past 80, more horizontal progression to you char. That would work very well with saved builds. I’ll have to make a separate post about this suggestion someday.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Suggestions

Many Pesky Monk.3140

Yeah, i think they went for this system as opposed of one similar to LOTRO’s wardrobe in the hopes to boost microtransactions. But I’d say having buyable tabs for cosmetic overlays like in lotro could be more lucrative and liked by the player base, because it’s a permanent improvement that can be be bought ad infinitum, and gives a sense of horizontal progression as you diversify your looks. It’s a win/win imo.

Another option would be a way to automatically swap gear, like equipment tabs. So you’re not only swapping looks, but you’re swapping your gear for different situations. You can even make it look like the archetype you’re building with those stats, by using the current transmutation system.You could unlock those tabs with skill points, which would give you increased flexibility as you level past 80, more horizontal progression to you char. That would work very well with saved builds. I’ll have to make a separate post about this suggestion someday.

I would love the auto swap. But because of the transmutation stones, which are micro transactions, I doubt that would happen. But a locker like thing for different sets would be awesome, even if you needed the stones to swap. Would be super awesome. I mean the “endgame” of this game is collecting armor sets/skins, I find it odd that they didn’t include a wardrobe of sorts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onestar.2479

Onestar.2479

I have no care for RP or multi fashion runway shows, but I do support the idea because I understand where you who are the RPers and costume fanatics come from. (I do like cosmetics myself hence my major debate on allowing cross-armor cosmetic trasmutes). I hope the idea gets implemented.

in Suggestions

Many Pesky Monk.3140

I have no care for RP or multi fashion runway shows, but I do support the idea because I understand where you who are the RPers and costume fanatics come from. (I do like cosmetics myself hence my major debate on allowing cross-armor cosmetic trasmutes). I hope the idea gets implemented.

Well it’s not so much about being an RPer. It’s just that once you transmute an armor skin, the previous is destroyed. So you better not be planning on changing from your cultural armor since it costs 100+ gold. Or changing from dungeon armor ever since it costs a good amount of tokens/dungeon runs. You would have to re farm that up if you want the skins again. But yeah, I hope it gets implemented too. Would be so awesome ^.^

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

Well, the big update came, and still nothing of the sorts. So I though I’d up the thread a little.

There has been a ton of new costumes added with this patch. How, I ask, how are we meant to store them? Especially considering that each costume consists of about 5 pieces…

There are 3 types of engdame (yea, bad word I know, but whatever) in GW2. There is sPvP, WvW, and for PvE the ONLY endgame is appearance skin hunting. I would love to put my head down and start working on getting each of the dungeon sets, each of the karma sets, and maybe in 10 years when I have enough gold (lol)- each of the cultural sets . Same with weapons, and costumes. That’s an insane amount of content (repeatable, yes, but if there is a goal – it’s hardly noticeable), that tons of people would dive into, if only they had a little window, which would allow them to organize and store it all! Instead, most people just choose the one single skin they like the best for their armor and weapon – and get that, and only that. Nobody uses the transmutation stones more than once or twice. This is just so obviously needed. Make it buy-able from cash shop, make it requiring transmutation stones, whatever you want, but just MAKE IT! Pretty please:)

Keep this thread going people, we ought to get an official answer here sooner or later!

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

I agree with you completly, I didnt see your thread when I made my post here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Customization-and-Inventory-space/first#post518835

With horizontal gear progression, something MUST be done or inventory space goes to all hell. Especially if you also need to change between insignia and rune type, not just look type

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

for looks i love the DC Universe Online styles way. Maybe use a transmute stone to have it store to your style tab. Would be alot nicer than the current way when u need to destroy a style to make room for another.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

in Suggestions

Posted by: rocall.4176

rocall.4176

great idea would be nice

gw2board.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

There has been a ton of new costumes added with this patch. How, I ask, how are we meant to store them? Especially considering that each costume consists of about 5 pieces…

storage in this game is a huge problem. i have bought all 7 bank expansions and i still do not have enough storage space to save all the costumes/weapons/ and armour looks that i want >.< (plus some crafting materials are takin up space too – but mostly its gear)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Come on Anet! DO IT! DO IT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Here is a great idea: Have a repository for all the armor sets you obtain. If you want to use a specific armor set skin, you go to this repository, use a transmute stone for each piece of armor, and spend a certain amount of kharma to transmute each piece of armor. This way I can use the skin whenever I want to, but it still costs me a transmute stone and a small bit of Kharma(say 1000 or so per armor piece).

In my opinion, unless you are going for a legendary or farming the God sets in Orr, theres little use for Kharma. This might help.

Please look into this Its a win win for everyone.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Nope. Destroying skins is a pretty important gold sink. In a virtual world where wealth is created literally out of nothing, the higher the necessity of players is to achieve a certain goal, lower the inflation rate of currency will be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Except that the majority of worthwhile exotics dont cost gold, they cost tokens

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yarrmor.8406

Yarrmor.8406

I’d love the idea. Definitely a keeper. +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

I’d say the best solution would be to add a new tab to our Vault, which works as the PvP Vault in sPvP, where all armor and weapon skins can be stored.

in Suggestions

Eveningstar.7834

Any dev reading this? What do you guys think about space?

I think it would also solve that annoying “Soulbound to another character” if each character has his/her own armor/weapon storage.

Miia~ GoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

they could add costume slots to the hero panel. place an item in there and it covers your current armor while not changing stats.

i think having to transmute is ridiculous. it destroys the armor… i’d ahve to re-farm a dungeon for the armor i transmuted? what…

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.