Magic find obsession needs to be addressed

in Suggestions

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

You’re missing out on… what, maybe 10% combat effectiveness? If that?

Gear doesn’t matter much in this game. Player skill matters.

What you fail to understand is that it is much easier to blame others for one’s own failings. It’s human nature.

Look at the person who said that if gear inspection was available he would still kick someone from the dungeon group even if stacking magic find had no appreciable effect on combat effectiveness.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aries.5182

Aries.5182

This is a kitten suggestion.

You don’t have the right to force on anyone else a certain type of playstyle because you think it kittens you. Fact of the matter is, if a player is going down too much in a dungeon, it’s because they suck/their build sucks. MF gear will only marginally kitten them as opposed to regular gear, their skill will still dictate whether they live or die 75% of the time.

That’s how you should determine who to take in a dungeon and who not to, not by gear but by skill. If you can’t do this in pugs, then join a freaking guild. The game is called Guildwars for a reason.

There is a very, very, VERY easy solution to this.
It’s called organizing your party better.

Quit crying, because NO dungeon I have ran so far has been killed because of someone using MF gear.

And for the record, I have two sets of gear. One MF for explorable map completion and one for dungeons/hard kitten.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

And then you’d get “WHY DO YOU HAVE MAGIC FIND/DETERMINED/ETC FOOD” instead of whatever DPS food you could be getting.

Having it on gear is the best solution.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomgrin.8359

Doomgrin.8359

MF gear stacks power and precision. Trait yourself to stack toughness and vitality. Done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

" Lucky – This would essentially be Magic Find.
Efficient – Would grant bonuses to gathering activities. You’d get more mats out of nodes.
Determined – An XP booster.
Professional – Would boost crafting XP.
Beloved – A Karma booster.
"

Because the solution to removing magic find is to add more grindy stuff to GW2?

“MF gear stacks power and precision. Trait yourself to stack toughness and vitality. Done.”

Or just stack more precision and power and kill them faster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

What if magic find geared players buffed nearby allies around themselves with a fraction of the magic find that player has? Obviously there would need to be a cap to prevent an overload of magic find, but it would it would make people like me feel more comfortable with magic find in parties. For an example, maybe for every +5% of magic find a player has allies around the magic find person get a buff for +1% magic find, but the buff only stacks to 25.

(edited by Quench.7091)

in Suggestions

GADefence.5634

"

What if magic find geared players buffed nearby allies around themselves with a fraction of the magic find that that player has? Obviously there would need to be a cap to prevent an overload of magic find, but it would it would make me feel more comfortable with magic find. For an example, maybe for every +5% of magic find a player has allies around the magic find person get a buff for +1% magic find, but the buff only stacks to 25."

So basically. You’d feel better if magic find went from buffing only you to buffing those around you, meaning that now everyone runs exclusively full magic find and kicks people without at least X magic find out since it prevents them from getting max magic find?

in Suggestions

Quench.7091

So basically. You’d feel better if magic find went from buffing only you to buffing those around you, meaning that now everyone runs exclusively full magic find and kicks people without at least X magic find out since it prevents them from getting max magic find?

Depends. Take my example for example. One person geared out in +100% magic find would cap out the magic find buff to 25.

in Suggestions

GADefence.5634

“LF1M 100%+ MF class for CoF”
“I’m DPS!”
“I SAID MF!”

Just kill it. Seriously.

in Suggestions

Quench.7091

“LF1M 100%+ MF class for CoF”
“I’m DPS!”
“I SAID MF!”

Just kill it. Seriously.

If a person wanted magic find that bad they would probably already have a set of magic find gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Because the solution to removing magic find is to add more grindy stuff to GW2?

Uh… wut?

If anything, what I proposed would make things less grindy?

I also suggested the idea of MF extending benefit to others in the team.

Ultimately, I’m just looking for a way to negate the contention. Because threads like this aren’t going to do it. The perception of MF, whether deserved or not, is going to continually cause problems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

That’s debatable, as evidenced by these threads. I don’t claim to know one way or the other, myself. But what I see is a lot of folks on both sides of the issue barking about it. Whether the perception of its impact is wrong or not, it’s obviously become a problem for the social aspect of the game.

Irrelevant. If Magic Find didn’t exist, these same OCD people would still be posting trying to control how other people play and skill/equip their characters. Today it is Magic Find. Tomorrow it will be which consumable you use, or which Trait Line you HAVE to take or you are a waste to the group, the server, and humankind.

They will never be appeased until they can inspect and judge every stat, piece of armor, and trait point spent on every character they come in contact with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There should be, at least an option to let others inspect you.

That way, if you don’t want to go with someone that primers magic find over more, or you want to go with people that do not care as much about your gear, you’ll be able to do so.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

The social aspect of an MMO is certainly not irrelevant.

Yah, there will always be “control freaks”. But their negative impact on the overall social environment can absolutely be rendered negligible thru the leveraging of game design. This has been demonstrated clearly enough in other games.

If this mechanic can be approached in such a way that removes its contentious aspect, while keeping it entirely intact, or even improved, for those who want it… how is that not a good thing to do?

It’s pretty much a non-issue for me, as I will never PUG. But I would like to minimize toxic, caustic elements from the social experience, and I think ANet’s trying to do that too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Reading this thread, I just realized I’ve been doing it all wrong.

I have a MF set that I wear most of the time. Not always, but most. I tend to take it off when I need every advantage I can get, but the stats work with my build—I have effectively traded Vitality for MF.

Up to this point, I didn’t realize that I should be selfish. So, thanks to this thread, I will make the following pledge:

• When I dodge that 1-shot that takes you down, I will not help you back on your feet, becasue I am selfish.
  • When I choose utility skills for the group, I will no longer take group stability, protection, aegis, or condition removal, because I am selfish.
  • When I know the trick to winning a fight because I’ve done it many times before, I won’t share it with the group, because I am selfish.
  • When I loot an item that would be a nice upgrade for a party member, I will not give it to them, because I am selfish.
    </sarcasm>

I am not all players, but you want to penalize me because you have had / are afraid of having bad experiences with players that are undergeared. Seriously, your concern with undergeared players is that they will choose stats that help them instead of the group? Maybe they are wearing that gear because it was what they happened to get (I’ve gotten one exotic weapon so far, and it has MF—also the best all-around stats I’ve gotten on a sword yet)…

<moreSarcasm>

I agree, these moochers have to be put in their place. Even worse than the MF crowd arepeople that don’t use consumables (including boosters) in dungeons—if you don’t use those you are intentionally undercutting your peak abilities. If you don’t have a food and sharpening stone at the very least, you’re not trying. Do potions stack? Those should be manadtory too. 5% swiftness booster, 10% armor booster… is there a damage booster? Don’t forget that one too. Any time you group with me, you owe it to me to give it your all, nothing held back, everything ready to go, no expense spared, because it isn’t about getting what you want, its about the team, it is about those other people. It doesn’t matter if they didn’t bother to learn the encoutners and get you killed over and over while htey refuse to listen to your advice. It doesn’t matter if you spend a total of an hour just standing around waiting for them to run back from the nearest waypoint. It doesn’t matter if they can’t dodge to save their life and spend more time on their back than their feet. You owe these people, because you’re a group. So get over yourself, put on your exotics, give them exotics if they don’t already have them, and pop your boosters, potions, sharpening stones, and food, and get in there, and oblitterate the content so fast you get screwed by the DR/anti-exploit code.

</moreSarcasm>

How far do you want me to take the elitism?

P.S. That last part is not a dig at the DR/exploit code; I accept that is is mildly buggy, producing false positives, but is a generally worthwhile and necessary system.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

@Hydrophidian

I meant that the fact that Magic Find is “causing contention” is irrelevant because if we do remove it from gear, as you suggested, tomorrow it will simply be replaced by another stat/item/consumable these same elitists find doesn’t find in their extremely narrow idea of how to play the game.

What do we do then? Remove that as well? Eventually we will end up with one trait build, one set of stats, and one consumable available. We should not limit player option simply because some players have control issues.

in Suggestions

Hydrophidian.4319

@Hydrophidian

I meant that the fact that Magic Find is “causing contention” is irrelevant because if we do remove it from gear, as you suggested, tomorrow it will simply be replaced by another stat/item/consumable these same elitists find doesn’t find in their extremely narrow idea of how to play the game.

I’m not convinced of that. Partially based on my experiences in others games, and partially based on how MF conceptually differs from other attributes. It is peculiarly self-focused.

The nitpickers will always have a nit to pick, absolutely. However, I think the scope of the negative reaction to MF extends beyond that camp, and is contributing to a more general yuck in the larger community.

We should not limit player option simply because some players have control issues.

I completely agree. Which is why I’m not advocating any limitations, but rather just a shifting around in implementation, to circumvent the sore spot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salfos.4091

Salfos.4091

Just looked at the a craftable lvl 80 helmet and you can see the stats. MF has same power and precision as all the others cept berseker’s. everyone is wasting their breathe arguing about STATS in a non-stat focused game. its more about your positioning and dodging. here is the link to the armor i was looking at:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblazoned_Helm

MF will not go away, how about teach better ways to dodge and do the dungeon then berating ppl for what they are using. This game is to promote cooperative play and good experience.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Just looked at the a craftable lvl 80 helmet and you can see the stats. MF has same power and precision as all the others cept berseker’s. everyone is wasting their breathe arguing about STATS in a non-stat focused game. its more about your positioning and dodging. here is the link to the armor i was looking at:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emblazoned_Helm

MF will not go away, how about teach better ways to dodge and do the dungeon then berating ppl for what they are using. This game is to promote cooperative play and good experience.

Except with no survivability stats. How does one expect to dodge out of conditions simply because they felt it important to bring MF instead of Vitality. etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carcinogin.7654

Carcinogin.7654

Seriously, Magic Find is fine as long as you are still able to do your role in the party then who cares what you are wearing. Hell if you want to be naked and are still able to do the dungeon successfully and not die more than a few times sweet. I like how this game has no inspect feature, and no I do not use magic find gear since I have yet to farm that dungeon, I am nearly complete with AC gear set for elementalist which is nice for parties, but I will be getting a MF set as well and will be wearing it in parties only after I have done the runs enough to know how to do them successfully. I do not want some party leader dictating what i should wear or how i should play. If you have a problem with a party and are not able to complete the task you have options, you can leave the party, you can find some replacements, you can run with guildies that will be more inclined to be team players, it is up to you on what you want to do. If you want to be a dictator then be a guild leader who is very controlling … I doubt you will have a lot of people in your guild though.

(o.O) Mr.Snow
( * )
( * )

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nottix.7864

Nottix.7864

I’m fine with magic find on a consumable or guild banner. I don’t care for it on gear. Effort should determine wealth, not the gear you have on. That’s just my opinion though.

in Suggestions

Salfos.4091

Except with no survivability stats. How does one expect to dodge out of conditions simply because they felt it important to bring MF instead of Vitality. etc.

Each one of the heals and serval utilites cure certain conditions, know which conditions mobs do or ask and take the right skill before the fight. Knowledge is power. Plus there are traits to help you as well. as my thief i bring one for when a boss does bleed, posion, and the others when he got a knockback, stun. There are moves that cures conditions and when played right are good. also i dont use the same skill throughout the whole dungeon. I say wait let me swap some out so i can be ready for the up coming mobs. great improvment from first GW being able to change skills quickly. know the mobs, coordinate skills, know ur skill. our group always brings one dedicated support, a side support/ side dps, a tank, a dps, a ranged dps or condition dealer. The kits are very dynamic when you need them.

(edited by Salfos.4091)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

It’s still just making up for a deficiency due to a selfish choice. If your group is now being made to support lack of survivability because a player has effectively culled their stats into MF% for a dungeon, you’re asking them to take on that extra responsibility. For what? A 1% gain in finding rares? Maybe?

Granted if your group is willing to do that, go for it. However it shouldn’t be immediately expected for pugs to pickup the slack of people loading up on MF gear.

(edited by Tradewind.6913)

in Suggestions

Salfos.4091

@Tradewind

A deficiency in what really? yea it doesnt have HP or Crit or Condition damge if a player has an all rampagers they still don’t have the toughness and vit unless they spec( which i run rampagers with vit spec and do fine and ppl dont complain about me). The only real valualbe spec i see out of the ones i didnt list is crit due to being a thief. But Precision takes up what stat vit or tough would be and you cant compare MF to tough or vit since it doesnt replace those stat spots. The only comparable stat you can do MF is either HP, Crit, CD as those are the respective stat spots that MF takes place. plus if you have a good player who can dodge and know when to get out of heal and wore all mf you wouldnt know unless he linked? We should do less crying about MF and take time to train the ppl where they need to be and when they should get out. Before every boss in dungeon i always ask who hasn’t fought the boss and run down what they shouldn’t do and what they should and we do alright.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

What way would you have us gain Magic Find, though?

Were it up to me, I’d actually go an entirely different route with it.

When I look at all the various attributes, Magic Find strikes me as being an odd duck. The reason for that is at the root of the problem some people are having with it. It may, as you say, have no real game-changing impact in team play. But the theme of it is still introverted, which leads to the whole ’it’s selfish!’ criticism.

Really, when compared against other attributes, it is singularly selfish or, perhaps more accurately, self-focused. Conceptually, it just doesn’t fit with the rest.

So, I’d take it out of the bunch. It shouldn’t be directly competing with the types of things it’s competing with, because it’s a different style of perk altogether.

(ETC)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

An actual SUGGESTION other than “I don’t understand it, I don’t like it, make it go away because I -think- it makes things worse!”

Please make your own thread with this if you could, since it’s buried beneath a pile of rubbish at this point and this would actually be a good solution rather than people knee jerking because they can’t do dungeons properly and enjoy saying it’s a gear type’s fault.

As for all you naysayers who say that you can’t do X or Y with magic find, well guess what? All of my armor is magic find. Why? Cause that’s what I could afford to make at the time and I haven’t changed out yet. Exotics are expensive to make and I have other things I want to do.

I have YET to have a dungeon where A) I’m not doing equal damage to everyone else or that we haven’t finished solely because of me (heck, the only dungeon I haven’t finished is due to 1 person leaving causing everyone else to leave).

The only issue I have ever found in MF gear is the Charr Burning Dungeon path where you have to defend the NPC from the sheer zerg of silver mobs. And guess what? Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who is not specced completely correctly for that battle has trouble with it to. That means toughness/vit or some sort of group knockback or something similar. So ya, the one problem area I have? Everyone else does.

I don’t die any faster than any other classes with a glass cannon build and I don’t die compared to the people who are also in non-vit/non-toughness armor. Everyone else dies in one or two hits just the same as me who are in the same HP class.

Would me wearing other armor make me a bit better? Probably. But only by a slight margin and I doubt it would be even noticeable. It definitely wouldn’t make me survive the things that kill me easier unless I mix and matched gear. Which I should probably eventually get to but it hasn’t stopped me now.

In fact, a friend of mine who is Toughness/Vit gets downed more than I do. Le GASP.

In this game, using your skills to properly position yourself and the enemies is 1000% more important than gear. If I’m a ranger who is specced to do a lo of damage but also has the trait that allows me to share active sigil effects with my pet, then guess what? If someone is downed and I have it up, I use those 6 seconds to get them up and then roll away. If someone is charging at me, I dodge and run them a bit while attacking.

In dungeons, someone’s gear is not what gets you killed. Someone standing around getting wailed on and not dodging or attemping the Tank/DPS/Healer trifecta, etc, is what causes a party wipe.

Stats matter, but skills, traits and using them correctly matter infinitely more.

Especially when you’re in a group of 5 so a 10% increase in stats only accounts for a 2% increase to the overall ability of the group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KumiKaze.5623

KumiKaze.5623

I honestly think MF should be removed completely from the game. There is no need for it. If you are going to complain “well what are you going to do to get our loots?”, the answer is farm more.

I do think that there should also be an inspection feature. I don’t have a problem if someone putting together a PUG wants to make sure their group is best suited to complete the dungeon. Especially if you can’t make sure a players gear is at level or close to the player’s level. Stats do matter and anyone who says they don’t needs to look better at the math. For instance let’s say you are running AC and you are level 70. Your stats will be cut by 50% and if you are running gear that’s at level 50 your gear stats will be cut down basically to level 25 gear. With MF it seems like it may only be 10% decrease in stats, but if you are specced as DPS, that means 2 or 3 of your other members are probably specced more towards survivability or healing you aren’t helping with that 10% missing in your DPS.

This is “Guild Wars 2” not “Solo Wars 2”. If all you do is PUGs then you should at least have the decency to let your group know what your build & gear are. Or, run your MF gear with your guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Quit trying to force other people to do what you want them to by lobbying to get a mechanic removed, allow people to live and let live… to each their own. Why remove a functionality you don’t like? Do you feel important enough to limit other peoples freedom on a whim? You aren’t. I apologize.

Its this kind of spoiled self centered thinking that is the reason I avoid forums. I hate to know it exists. Why do people never want MORE functionality, rather than remove someone elses? Remove magic find, remove easier dungeons.. blah blah blah. Why not just add more content? Is this a disease?

You feel entitled to impose your will on others, go impose it on yourself. Do what you want to do. Solo the game or play with friends for dungeons or ask people if they have magic find.

If I want to sacrifice a stat for magic find so I can afford the high level gear I use to take your hits and revive you, I am going to. I can do just fine with magic find gear and am better than most. You can do nothing about my using it, and that shouldn’t bother you. If it does, don’t group with me. The fact that I was able to afford vastly better gear due to the magic find doesn’t exactly put me at a disadvantage. If I have full exotics, its a reasonable assumption that I will stat the gear (why have magic find if you have the gear you need). If I used magic find, I probably have better overall stats due to the fact I was able to afford exotics. It balances out people.

Personal space, learn it before trying to lobby to get a mechanic other people are using and is completely optional removed.

You can use the consumable buff and statted gear or none if you want.

What is up with the self important egotistical blather I always see where people try to enforce their view on others? Magic find users and non magic find users can co-exist.
If you are going to group with people, just ask them if they are using it if it bothers you so much. Other people shouldn’t pay in their personal freedom for your pet peeve.

If you have a limiting pet peeve, deal with it alone.

Lobby for MORE options, not less. No reason to limit freedom except for jealousy/unreasonable pet peeves.

Balancing… Consider a person loses an arm.
Ok, heres your solution to their plight: Lop off the other.

The solution that adds more functionality to balance: Give them a mechanical one.

Its roughly the same style of thinking.

Edit: Furthermore, most of us have two sets of gear because we were able to plan ahead and look into the elements of the game and predict the necessity. Its unlikely any informed player is farming dungeons for gold alone. Its not lucrative. There are much better ways to get gold. We shouldn’t be punished for being tactical.

Also, in regard to the magic find users leeching off other players:
Guess how I use my exotic gear? I tend to get one of the highest number of revives of other players. Guess how many times people revive me? Alot less usually. It might be because I have a higher defense stat and tend to be the type to plan ahead. I empower groups, I try my best to keep people alive. Alot of the statted gear players have egos so massive they can have a downed player right beneath them but instead try to solo bosses causing party wipes. Its simply a farce to say that all magic find players leech off of groups. Guess what I do with some of the nice gear that drops if its not for my profession? I offer it to other people. I help guild mates and others alike.

Stats matter very little in this game though in the first place, to be honest. If you use the proper tactics, it can cause entire situations to shift direction.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SparkStormrider.4512

SparkStormrider.4512

That’s debatable, as evidenced by these threads. I don’t claim to know one way or the other, myself. But what I see is a lot of folks on both sides of the issue barking about it. Whether the perception of its impact is wrong or not, it’s obviously become a problem for the social aspect of the game.

Irrelevant. If Magic Find didn’t exist, these same OCD people would still be posting trying to control how other people play and skill/equip their characters. Today it is Magic Find. Tomorrow it will be which consumable you use, or which Trait Line you HAVE to take or you are a waste to the group, the server, and humankind.

They will never be appeased until they can inspect and judge every stat, piece of armor, and trait point spent on every character they come in contact with.

I have to agree with this. I see both sides of this argument. The MF gear doesn’t provide enough defensive stats to make it worth while for the entire group. Survivability is no where near as good as with armor that has defensive stats on them.

But as Cortechs has stated. This becomes a very slippery slope. Today we want an inspect so we can see what armor you are wearing, and make a decision based on that inspection of whether or not to let someone come to a dungeon or do whatever. What’s stopping the scenario there?? Next you’ll have people wanting the ability to look at someone’s traits. "Oh I’m sorry, you aren’t allowed to come because your traits are in areas that is not “efficient” enough for my liking. I know that some people in this thread will say, that wouldn’t happen, but I have seen it in other games and MMOs. You will Spec this way, you will wear this armor, you will play this way, and if you don’t want to be in that pigeon hole, guess what, too bad.

So in short, I think it is a VERY bad idea to have an inspection of someone’s gear. Simply put, don’t PUG. Go with a group of people that you know, or get with a group of people and get to know them, and go do your dungeons. Forcing others to play the game the way you want them to, no matter how much it makes sense to you, is not a good precedent to set.

In war the worst thing you could do is die for your country, make the other jerk die for his!

in Suggestions

Illushia.3721

There should be, at least an option to let others inspect you.

That way, if you don’t want to go with someone that primers magic find over more, or you want to go with people that do not care as much about your gear, you’ll be able to do so.

No. ANet will not put inspect in the game, for this exact reason. They do not want people to try to force people to gear a certain way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dieallknow.1387

Dieallknow.1387

guys wow really most duegons explore can be run nakied if you know what your doing, 1 stat is not going to wipe a run if everyone pulls there own weight. (yes i can’t spell suck it up)

[IIII] Playing from Prison
“Lets take the green keep I need the Vista”
“Quit Laughing I need the Vista”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pirate.7514

Pirate.7514

I have a set of magic find for farming, and crit for other stuff, and while I can understand how it sucks when 2-3 people in the 5man keep dying to trash due to them wearing MF armor, thats also the problem with pugging, I also understand pugging being a required evil, so I purpose a much more simple solution, they need to add an Inspect option to players, so you can see there armor and ask them to switch to real armor or be kicked.

Butchgore – [NPO]

in Suggestions

Illushia.3721

I have a set of magic find for farming, and crit for other stuff, and while I can understand how it sucks when 2-3 people in the 5man keep dying to trash due to them wearing MF armor, thats also the problem with pugging, I also understand pugging being a required evil, so I purpose a much more simple solution, they need to add an Inspect option to players, so you can see there armor and ask them to switch to real armor or be kicked.

You guys basically keep explaining why they’re never going to put an inspect system in the game.

ANet is never going to support telling other players how to play in a game that’s built so you can play however the kitten you want to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I’m oddly inspired to want to run a dungeon naked.

In all seriousness, this suggestion is always ridiculous when it comes up. It reads as nothing but elitism, which downright spits on the beauty of this game.

I’ve been running with MF gear, not in full, but pretty close (berserker armor with opal jewels & all of my accessories are MF based). I’m focused on power, precision and toughness and I do just fine. Heck, I even run the gear in WvW and still kick butt.

What I find interesting is how all of the people who complain about this issue never stop to think about how ArenaNet spent many years making this game. Out of all of those years, they somehow never took the time to address how effective MF would be in these so-called “selfish” situations? Come now, that’s almost insulting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xylliana.7281

Xylliana.7281

I love how people dare saying :

“Look, i just took off my armor and my weapons but I still have so much dps with just my hands ! Ok it’s 1% of what I had before but look at the positive – It costed me nothing so now i can start to save 2000 gold for my legendary ! (Hu?) Also I got no dps and no thoughness so i never aggro thus I never die, And if it happens i got no repair cost – and look at those zerk dps always dying and me rezzing them when i should wear my Thoughness armor and hold the aggro for them to dps. Now i’m sure, naked is the way i like to play and those elitist don’t have to say a thing because they will lose 3 hours and their mind because of me, but i’m having FUN…

This is LAME. MF Is crap and individualist.

You want to know what i bring to a party into dungeon? Full exotic gear – top runes, top sigils, top food, top maintenance oils, top gameplay, karma food, karma venoms, explosive golems, mines, regen trees, medi kits for the whole party, weakness stacking cristals etc….

Do you really think I sould bear even a second in my party a MF leecher with crap yellow gear, undertermined skills, no food except stupid omnomberry, no karma helpers? Whatever dungeon of whatever difficulty i run? NO WAY. I find those players to be garbage players, and they just go right into blacklist.

It’s not like your MF is going to make you loot a precursor out of one billion runs anyway so… Please stop being a burden.

(And don’t tell me the usual blablabla this game is about skill not gear. This game is about skill + gear and too much people don’t get it, even if it’s 70/30 the 30 % part x5 is far from being unimportant.)

(edited by Xylliana.7281)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I think we should also permaban anyone from groups that aren’t using what I personally think is the optimal build and ability load out, anyone else is just being selfish!

in Suggestions

Xylliana.7281

I think we should also permaban anyone from groups that aren’t using what I personally think is the optimal build and ability load out, anyone else is just being selfish!

Agree ironically to your irony.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

This game is NOT Diablo II magic find will not help you much if at all. Gilded would probably help more IMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

Lets remove all toughness and vitality, I don’t use it so it doesn’t do me any good. All it does is keep people with toughness and vitality alive longer, but since they don’t do any damage they’re only top aggro when everyone else is dead. Toughness and vitality is selfish.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

You know what I love? When a player not using any food buffs complains about someone using magic-find. How is it any less selfish if you’re a cheapskate that can’t be bothered to buy some nourishments that have a major increase in stats? Yet I see nobody in an uproar about that.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I honestly think that with how often we get these threads about getting rid of MF and adding an inspect feature, each thread should net every player that is for the removal of MF and the addition of an inspect feature a 3 day ban for harassment and grieving.

Maybe a week long ban for the ones that admit to booting players for using MF gear.

Moderator, can this be locked down since there are already multiple threads like this?

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: TucoRamires.1582

TucoRamires.1582

There’s a simple fix to this,when in party,MF should benefit to the whole group equally,and should be calculated differently.This stat only of course.
If I’m not wearing MF stuff ,I don’t accept Farm group invites cause I know what to expect.Specially since last update where mobs are totally crazy ,Vets and Champs everywhere.When you take 18 k damage in one hit as I’ve seen,MF or not makes no difference,you ‘ll be OS either way ,but it’s not the problem..

(edited by TucoRamires.1582)

in Suggestions

Xylliana.7281

You know what I love? When a player not using any food buffs complains about someone using magic-find. How is it any less selfish if you’re a cheapskate that can’t be bothered to buy some nourishments that have a major increase in stats? Yet I see nobody in an uproar about that.

I do care about that and always ask people to eat. I only play with obese overfed characters :XD

in Suggestions

Xylliana.7281

I honestly think that with how often we get these threads about getting rid of MF and adding an inspect feature, each thread should net every player that is for the removal of MF and the addition of an inspect feature a 3 day ban for harassment and grieving.

Maybe a week long ban for the ones that admit to booting players for using MF gear.

Moderator, can this be locked down since there are already multiple threads like this?

Then MF users should be banned for life. Welcome to my ignore list.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narhim.7345

Narhim.7345

haha you can add me to your ignore list, I am using 4% MF from my ascended Mursaat Token :P
and I will add you to mine…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Then MF users should be banned for life. Welcome to my ignore list.

Cept MF users don’t hurl abuse and try to get others banned for using armour/builds THEY want to.

Outside of high level fractals theres really no need to run a totally optimal group and if your doing pugs you’ll never get optimal groups regardless of MF or not.

Simply put if your struggling with a dungeon its very unlikely because someones in MF armour, more that your just generally not working together/bad.

The fact that your so aggressive about this borders on harassment which IS reportable.