Make Queen Arena tokens account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

Please I implore you, this decision is one of the worst I’ve seen so far, the other “fake rare” items from past event weren’t soulbound, why make them souldbound?! This arena was designed with alts in mind, but as it currently is, we cannot use the tokens as we please, we have to farm them, and if you farm with a character you don’t want to take to the arena you are punished badly, or you have to go back and farm some more, the fact that EACH GAMBLE takes 1 ticket away doesn’t help either!

Please, oh please, make them account bound, pretty please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

This made me crazy as well since I do the Gauntlet on my Rangetr only.
Then I realised that you can buy sprockets off the TP for cheap and you can trade them + some silver at the reps in the pavilion for tickets.
No more farm- I hate farming and I love the Gauntlet

Gunnar’s Hold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m inclined to agree, but there’s a reason it was changed in the first place. Discontinue the letters first, and then remove the restriction.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Yes, please. I also only anticipate doing gauntlet only on my main, who ran out of tickets last night. @Morrigan, I’ll have to try that.

EDIT: Typing-challenged

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I think the underlying issue with this is that Arenanet is suffering from some sort of internal disorganization or differences of thought on how to deal with these things. There is no consistency with any of the Living Story items in areas where they should be consistent.
The Living Story has also broken consistency in critical game mechanics as well. After the past month or so, rares and exotics have lost their allure, not because they aren’t worth anything, but because we get deluged with yellow and orange named items constantly now.
Sure, it’s still special to get an exotic drop, but Anet has moved beyond leaving them as special, and now floods the generic loot tables with exotic level items. My guess is that now Arenanet can legally claim that there is a substantial increase in rare and exotic drops, without actually increasing rare and exotic drops.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

The problem with this is they don’t level you up to 80 with all skills and good gear in there ie PvP. Otherwise it would be fine being soulbound to your alts. And I only have three characters with elites. Poor gear is punished, also. You’ll just die on your low-level alts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Don’t blame anet for this one. Blame your fellow players. The Tokens started out as an account bound item. However players saw this an opportunity to exploit the game and create new characters put the 5 tokens we were given from the mail in their bank, then repeat. I am sure that there is a system in place that shows how often new characters are recycled so quickly.

The said truth of the matter is that everytime we are given something, there will be players who attempt to exploit it, and the rest of us simply get to deal with it after.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Don’t blame anet for this one. Blame your fellow players. The Tokens started out as an account bound item. However players saw this an opportunity to exploit the game and create new characters put the 5 tokens we were given from the mail in their bank, then repeat. I am sure that there is a system in place that shows how often new characters are recycled so quickly.

The said truth of the matter is that everytime we are given something, there will be players who attempt to exploit it, and the rest of us simply get to deal with it after.

Pretty much this. There was another thread about this and I posted the same thing. People got 1000s of tickets this way so blame them for screwing it up for the rest of us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

I just find this so lame. They should be account bound cause I don’t like the zerg choo choo in the pavillion and I already farmed it enough for all the ap. Plus I like trying an alt as I was stuck on deadeye passed him with mesmer. Now got chomper and my playstyle as ranger is not about stopping a dog from getting its meat. Would like to try with an alt but need to farm more tickets. What a waste of time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: newzac.5783

newzac.5783

Pretty much this. There was another thread about this and I posted the same thing. People got 1000s of tickets this way so blame them for screwing it up for the rest of us.

Seems like a rash nerf on Anet’s part. Instead, why not stop sending the mail to each character and just send it to each account? Plus, who cares if a few people have stacks and stacks of tickets? They’re easy to come by regardless. Now the people playing it the real way, i.e. killing mobs or buying them with sprockets as intended, are punished. I’m going to have stacks of these tickets on my MF necro and my poor warrior is hardly going to get to play the gauntlet. Anet, ah luv ya, but you make so little sense sometimes :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

God forbid Anet should have someone sit down and do the work (oh god! the ‘w’ word!) and ban the people exploiting. Much easier to just punish everyone.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

agreed. I didn’t understand why they changed it from account to soulbound till i read how people got 1000’s of ticket through new toons. They shouldnt have changed it with the patch….

This is what should have been done in the patch…

Keep all tickets in the game as account bound, whether bought or gathered as drops. Make a separate Queen’s ticket item that is the same as the first in every way except that they are soulbound on aquire and those are the ones mailed to each toon. the ONLY downside to this is that the 2 kinds of tickets don’t stack. But since you only get 5 soulbound tickets per toon, just use those first, then the rest.

That way, people can delete and remake their toons all they want for 5 more tickets, but they will be soulbound to that new level 1 toon. And it will allow the rest of us who didn’t try and cheat the system to grind the game on our favorite toons to farm tickets and use them on which ever toon we feel might be suited to the next gauntlet challenge…..

Make it happen… in fact.. i will make a separate suggestion post for this idea and post the link here \/.. please support the idea and keep it bumped…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Idea-change-Queen-s-ticket-to-account-bound