Make cultural armors available for everyone

in Suggestions

Posted by: EroticAndHeretic.7398

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Hello!

Now that Arenanet proved they can stretch the light human cultural armor 3 for a charr body, I wonder why Cultural armor are still race bound.

A lot of dungeon armors are related to a race or an enemy group: Sons of Svanir, Flame legion…
So why an asura can wear a Citadel of Flame armor, or a human female can wear a Svanir armor? How does the enemy is more tolerant about others races , yet the “good side” can’t let other races wear their armors?
Even the nightmare court armor is available for everyone.

So please, Arenanet. Make every cultural armor available for every races. I don’t really think races need armors to feel unique.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

oh dont worry after what we’ve seen today it’ll all end up in the gem store eventually

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

I don’t really like the idea of seeing it on the gemstore. I’m rarely against the gem store, but the light armor of today is a joke.

Also, I don’t want to see the norn armor being slaughtered with fire effect.

I have to admit I created this topic as I want the norn medium armor on my human (who is a young norn, role play wise)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

If anything, it proves that there is no good reason to not allow players to wear all the town clothes that the NPCs wear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I dislike this idea. The visuals is the only thing that distinguish one race from the other, and cultural armor is a large part of this… at least to me.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

So you really dislike the fact they put the cultural armor 3 in the gemstore, I guess.

I can understand this point of view, but I feel like there is a logic flaw.
Another example: why human cultural weapons seller are ok to sell weapons to everyone (let’s say charrs, as humans and charr are enemies) yet, the human armor sellers says “I can’t sell to you. Can’t be too careful who you associate with this days”.

I know videogames have sometimes different logic, but how does selling a greatsword or a rifle is “safer” than selling clothing? (according to humans vendor, of course)

(edited by EroticAndHeretic.7398)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

It does not make anymore sense I know that.
But the cultural weapons are not that nice anyway.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

Ah, I do like the tier 2 human, tier 3 asura, tier 3 charr and tier 3 sylvari.

last example, about identity: I can have a necromancer mask on a mesmer, or even a engineer backpack on my warrior, through transmutation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

last example, about identity: I can have a necromancer mask on a mesmer, or even a engineer backpack on my warrior, through transmutation.

Which I’m sure was not intended, but is a “backdoor” / workaround that was decided not to fix for whatever reason(s). Otherwise the starting gear would be available from vendors or drop from mobs.

in Suggestions

EroticAndHeretic.7398

I have to agree with that ^^’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

Yes I totally agree with this idea, let my asura wear sylvari heavy so I don’t have to bother with TA.

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I agree with this idea 100%!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

I agree with this I would love to use the charr tier 3 heavy on my human warrior. Not necessarily the helmet (unless remodeled where it would look alright) but the feline style shoulderpads and matching rest of the set. Also Asura tier three is pretty awesome too

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

It still looks absolutely kittening kitten on Charr mate, they still have absolutely no idea how to build gear for the race.

The state of armour aesthetics in this game is a complete embarrassment.

Whoever built the Charr cultural needs to be re-hired so they can fix/build armours that aren’t kittening disgusting for once.

Game is turning into a kittening cash grab farce by the looks anyway. What a waste of solid gameplay.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)