Make the jump puzzle in EB an armistice zone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

This may be an unpopular opinion, but hear me out.

I like the jumping puzzle in EB- it’s a really nice, long puzzle that looks great and works well as a course. Unfortunately, I have issues running this puzzle due to player hostility. I’m not even talking about two players running into each other on the puzzle and battling- that’s not so bad. I’m talking about marauding groups that Zerg up and down the puzzle just to kill lone jumpers, and players who camp at the top of the chandelier room and rain dea onto jumpers below, who have no way to fight back.

I understand the concept that a jumping puzzle can be an interesting battleground, but the above issues (which I consider somewhat abusive of the puzzle) make me think that it would be interesting to make the puzzle a different part of wvw- where players cannot attack each other, and can chat cross-team on the /s (say) channel. Much better than zerging groups would be the cheers or jeers of opponents in the puzzle when you make or fail a jump, as well as the haven for discourse across team barriers. Thoughts?

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I have not been able to complete this jumping puzzle so far, due to an enemy faction camping the puzzle grounds for hours and hours. I think it defeats the purpose. Made me well sad.

For what it’s worth, I don’t kill other servers’ players in my home map’s JP; chances are they’re not even into WvW and just trying to get the achievement or world map completion, and I’m not going to make it difficult for them just because I can. And on enemy maps (but not EB) I have met other players who treated me the same on their home turf and I was grateful for it.

I wish this was a common courtesy thing; unfortunately, it isn’t working in EB at all.

So with this in mind: +1

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Suggestions

Piogre.2164

For what it’s worth, I don’t kill other servers’ players in my home map’s JP; chances are they’re not even into WvW and just trying to get the achievement or world map completion, and I’m not going to make it difficult for them just because I can. And on enemy maps (but not EB) I have met other players who treated me the same on their home turf and I was grateful for it.

I wish this was a common courtesy thing; unfortunately, it isn’t working in EB at all.

So with this in mind: +1

I’ve always found thi to be the most respectable behaviour. When I run obsidian sanctum solo, I run naked, because I know I won’t be able to survive an ambush anyway, and this way I avoid repair costs

[VIG], SoR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

For the most part it is widely accepted in a JP, you do not attack the other player until they attack you, using emotes like wave or sit to let them know you are not there to fight. Usually for EB though I would not bother entering unless your server owns the puzzle. They have upped badge drops finally so there are other ways to get your badges if that is what you are after. Having the puzzles turned into peace zones is actually a popular opinion but the elitist group makes a fair point that it is a warzone and neutral zones should not exist and based on the silence of the devs it has been accepted this won’t be changing any time soon if at all. There is invisibility fountains in EB but you need to be good at the puzzle too.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Piogre.2164

There is invisibility fountains in EB but you need to be good at the puzzle too.

A great feature, but sadly, as far as I know, you can’t use it for the chandelier room(where it’s most needed due to raining death from a safe place), an people can swarm the very start preventing entry at all, even pullin me down to kill me as soon as I walk in

[VIG], SoR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The whole point of this place is to kitten with the opposing servers. Considering the reward you’re supposed to have to work for it. If you can just walk in and get it, then they need to remove all of the commendations and seriously ramp up the rarity of the seige weapons.

This is coming from someone who will simply leave if I see even one enemy player at the entrance because I know I’ll never make it to the end with them there.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There is invisibility fountains in EB but you need to be good at the puzzle too.

Well, I’d just like to be given the opportunity to check out the map in the first place and find my way through the puzzle.

It is an incredible shame to have a good jumping puzzle (I believe it is called “puzzle” for a reason) and then be told that you should only be able to complete it if you already know your way around, so, basically, after watching a video of somebody else do it. (My partner and I are a bit purist and only use walkthroughs or spoilers if we can’t solve them ourselves.)

Puzzle, you guys. Puzzle. Not obstacle course…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

OP you do realise Anet built traps into the puzzle that are made to be used against other people in the puzzle right? Anet always intended this to be a PvP puzzle and designed it as such.
This puzzle is located in wvw not sPvP so don’t expect balanced fights, it won’t happen.

AR

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

For what it’s worth, we did the JP today. We encountered some players from our own server, and plenty of players from both opposing servers. I didn’t see a single act of hostility. People were helping each other along with torches and such, and managed to communicate despite the language barrier. I don’t think I would have been able to ever complete this puzzle otherwise. It was a pleasant experience.

So, this just in, there’s also days/servers where this works.

Afterwards we all killed each other where it mattered: at a tower, for points.

in Suggestions

Piogre.2164

For what it’s worth, we did the JP today. We encountered some players from our own server, and plenty of players from both opposing servers. I didn’t see a single act of hostility. People were helping each other along with torches and such, and managed to communicate despite the language barrier. I don’t think I would have been able to ever complete this puzzle otherwise. It was a pleasant experience.

So, this just in, there’s also days/servers where this works.

Afterwards we all killed each other where it mattered: at a tower, for points.

I’ve had pleasant experiences like this, and it is quite nice. I’ve encountered quite more zeros who patrol up and down the puzzle killing anyone in their path, which is not pleasant, and which I feel is abuse of puzzle environment to cause misery. (on par with straight-up griefing)

[VIG], SoR

in Suggestions

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Well, I’d just like to be given the opportunity to check out the map in the first place and find my way through the puzzle.

I’d really like to see separate PvE versions of the WvWvW maps for this reason: I’d like time to actually be able to slow down and take a look around at what the art department came up with. The PvE maps wouldn’t ever award any PvP items (badges, blueprints). One convenient side effects would be that PvE players would not be taking up slots on WvWvW maps (and also not contributing) or in queues while going for map completion (which is going to get increasingly difficult as the tiers stabilize); those going for Legendaries would still need WvWvW for badges anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

hahahahaha, if you want pvp acheivements, why the kitten would you not have to pvp for it? if i want pve acheivements, i cannot get them in pvp, unless i do the pve section of pvp. so no. never.ever.ever.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Map completion is a PvP achievement now?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Map completion is a PvP achievement now?

What does the WvW JP have to do with Map Completion?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Map completion is a 98% PvE feature, but you DO have to go to WvW in order to get the achievement; exposing yourself to PvP in doing so as well as taking up a space in the server threshold/queue. For the JPs you get individual achievements, but that doesn’t mean that it is a PvP achievement; it’s not like it is listed under PvP achievements – which exists as a category.