[Merged] Think "Mounts" outside the box!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Hi

I would like to earnestly suggest to the developers of Guild wars 2 that you INCLUDE MOUNTS IN THE GAME!!!!

Stop asking for this. Anet will never add large mounts faster than running speed.

There was no mention of the mounts moving faster than run speed, mounts would be great its not all about speed, but about fluff.

maybe then there would be something good in the gem store

Actually the mount would give swiftness like a signet does. There would be no point to open my wallet for something that isn`t functional. We already have swiftness ingame, this would just be another way to attain it. I mentioned all the ideas for it a few comments up.

Anything that makes a player faster now. Should work on cosmetic mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rich.9503

Rich.9503

I like that idea. I don’t think it would harm the game at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

Let’s be logical. In any game mounts will not be superfluous. Another thing is that the game is not very suitable for mounts. Not vice versa. You can not add mounts here with huge speed gain. it may ruin some aspects of the game. Customize these aspects under such innovation – is too time-consuming.
Another thing is that if we introduce mounts as the usual decorative bauble – very few people will want to buy it themselves. Trust me on a word. Therefore it’s not worth to be introduced.
Hence there are 3 options:
1) There should be a regular speed buff, but not more than the maximum possible. 25-33%. It will relieve some of the classes of seting special skills to move faster. Hence it makes a decorative element to raise the quality of the game. Many people will buy it for the sake of convenience. Moreover, it would not affect nor of any game aspects.
2) Mounts should have unique skills, and be like the transformation of the tonics. This will create a kind of mini-game and adds a bit of variation and ma-a-agic (In terms of fun). Allowing to feel yourself like cavalry soldier or a rider of multi-ton dolyak. People will want to buy it for fun.
3) Both. The best option.

However, to avoid any inconsistencies – should prohibit their use in all aspects of the current pvp (except specially designed).

However, I would not want them to just sold for gems. It spoils “sense of immersion”. Cutting them from the world, by bringing the whole process of getting to the grind of money (of which there more then enough) A collection of mounts will be much more valuable then collection of pets. Wherefore devs should introduce different methods for their preparation. Drop, exploration, pvp rewards, etc.

I made a comment in this thread that covers pretty much everything. But we do have a huge gameworld that is perfect for mounts. I can`t think of any other game of this size that doesn`t have them. Whenever you have a massive world like this, developers usually add in various ways to travel and we got just waypoints. Sure, if you are in a rush a waypoint is great. I am grateful they are there but I`d rather use something else if it was available, something I liked. Go look a few posts up at the rundown I wrote for them on acquiring them. That is pretty fair for anyone.

Arenanet would also make a fortune on the gemshop versions. Nearly every game that has mounts in it that you can buy from a vendor also has some from a gem or cash shop. And the majority of mounts you see people using are the cash shop ones. It`s just good business to provide products your customers ask for and sooner or later it`s gonna happen. Whether it be now or in a few years, it will happen.

I like the idea of the mount skills you mentioned. Though I do think they should be used just for what they are. If we wanted to keep combat off of mounts they really shouldn`t get any skills. But a racetrack or mounted events would be something cool. They have the guild rushes and could make a mounted rush open to the public as a world event that is timed. People love the little things like that and would show up in droves.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Hi

I would like to earnestly suggest to the developers of Guild wars 2 that you INCLUDE MOUNTS IN THE GAME!!!!

Stop asking for this. Anet will never add large mounts faster than running speed.

There was no mention of the mounts moving faster than run speed, mounts would be great its not all about speed, but about fluff.

Actually the mount would give swiftness like a signet does. There would be no point to open my wallet for something that isn`t functional. We already have swiftness ingame, this would just be another way to attain it. I mentioned all the ideas for it a few comments up.

Yeah but some players don`t have a class with a swiftness or speed signet. these are the people you would likely see using mounts the most. What would another guy want from a mount if he already has a speed signet or boost? Unless he just wanted it for the looks. It would be cosmetic for him but functional for the guy without it, but both would be on equal ground traveling from a to b.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

OP is asking for cosmetic mounts then.

This game should keep cosmetic mounts different than other games.
*No dragons or other mythical creatures. They would be better as enemies anyways.
*keep them small
*Make them nonliving, magical, mechanical, Asuran, steampunk, clockwork, Cyberpunk.
*no horses

That`s pretty limited. What`s wrong with a horse? We have a game full of mythical creatures we kill on a daily basis but yet we couldn`t ride one?

Horses would Nords too tall. Riding mythical creatures just seems too silly.

I don’t think it would be limiting for Anet to create cosmetic mounts with these themes “nonliving, magical, magic tech, mechanical, Asuran, steampunk, clockwork, Cyberpunk”.

You think a horse is silly but would accept steampunk or cyberpunk? Ok our tastes have too wide a gap. I will just leave it at that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do not want mounts in this game, so no thanks. I feel the way we get around now is great, and never want to see mounts in this game at all.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

….
How would a dolyak or a devourer speed you up? Now bane! Bash your face against they keyboard to reply to me!

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

*No dragons or other mythical creatures. They would be better as enemies anyways.
*keep them small
*Make them nonliving, magical, mechanical, Asuran, steampunk, clockwork, Cyberpunk.
*no horses

That`s pretty limited. What`s wrong with a horse? We have a game full of mythical creatures we kill on a daily basis but yet we couldn`t ride one?

I don’t think it would be limiting for Anet to create cosmetic mounts with these themes “nonliving, magical, magic tech, mechanical, Asuran, steampunk, clockwork, Cyberpunk”.

You think a horse is silly but would accept steampunk or cyberpunk? Ok our tastes have too wide a gap. I will just leave it at that.

Horses don’t exist in Tyria?

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Hi

Yeah but some players don`t have a class with a swiftness or speed signet. these are the people you would likely see using mounts the most. What would another guy want from a mount if he already has a speed signet or boost? Unless he just wanted it for the looks. It would be cosmetic for him but functional for the guy without it, but both would be on equal ground traveling from a to b.

I think signets not working on mounts, is why players do not use them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

*keep them small
*no horses

Horses are extinct…..not “don’t exist”.

And with that being said, there is something that could bring horses back from extinction,The Mist. We go back and forth into the Mists all the time and if a cleaver Asuran found the right place to set up a portal to the area in the Mists that still had horses. Theoretically, we could have horses in “current” Tyria.

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

Can things come through the mists? Razah should be a mount! Problem solved!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

I have no interest in mounts being added. I think that Anet should focus their limited resources on other areas of the game.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

….
How would a dolyak or a devourer speed you up? Now bane! Bash your face against they keyboard to reply to me!

Well it`s no big secret that animals can run faster then people. Lets see you try and win a foot race against a buffalo, tell me how it works out for you.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

*keep them small
*no horses

Where is it written in stone that not a single horse ever existed? I think some of you guys take this imaginary lore you have been fed a little too seriously. No horses but we have wolves, bears, spiders, scorpions, coyotes, bats and so on. Tyria must be the only fantasy realm in existence that will use so many real life animals except the horse.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I do not want mounts in this game, so no thanks. I feel the way we get around now is great, and never want to see mounts in this game at all.

That`s ok, if you don`t want one. You don`t have to buy one. If you don’t want to see one , turn off the graphic! Stay in your little cube and use waypoints till your hearts content. But leave the rest of us the heck alone. That is the beauty of this whole conversation. Some of you just can`t grasp that though.

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

….

Well it`s no big secret that animals can run faster then people. Lets see you try and win a foot race against a buffalo, tell me how it works out for you.

I can outrun a centaur! Also I can’t get swiftness in real life.

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

Besides Iron Horse Mine this is the only real mention of horsies
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Celestial_Horse

How could we possibly get a clicky to hide mounts? We can’t even get one for the rest of our armor or minies.

(edited by Henge.3907)

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

I have no interest in mounts being added. I think that Anet should focus their limited resources on other areas of the game.

I have no interest in minipets but we have entire bank tab dedicated to those. I wouldn`t say they shouldn`t make them anymore because there are a lot of people that like them. I`d like them to focus on new content as well and fix bugs. But in the meantime give us some fluff and fun things to keep us interested until the new content arrives.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Besides Iron Horse Mine this is the only real mention of horsies
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Celestial_Horse

How could we possibly get a clicky to hide mounts? We can’t even get one for the rest of our armor or minies.

Well if Sony was smart enough to be able to add a hidemounts feature in the options tab, I think Arenanet could pull it off as well. You are just grasping at straws here for the sake of argument. I laid out the ways it could be done where everyone wins in the end.

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

Sorry did more research. Horses may exist but they’re clearly invisible.

There are definitely horses in Tyria, and the NPCs mention them both in GW1 and GW2.
They existed at the time of Orr, since there were undead horsemen in GW1. The imagery of knights on horseback persists even to the present day Tyria (check out the pictures of the festival in DR, for example), and two of the guild symbols it is available is that of unicorns.
Pictures depicting horses and horselike creatures from the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/5/59/Carnival_01_concept_art.jpg/800px-Carnival_01_concept_art.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/09/Guild_emblem_48.png
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/8/8b/Guild_emblem_49.png
There are also horses mentioned in Edge of Destiny, page 97:
In Edge of Destiny a herd of wild horses is seen through an asura gate when Logan, Rytlock, and Caithe flee from the Destroyer horde in the Dwarven ruins.
“Visions. Beautiful visions… a grassy plain where wild horses ran… a deep lagoon encircled by leaning palms…”
There’s horses in the concept art:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/4/48/Human_architecture_05_concept_art.jpg/800px-Human_architecture_05_concept_art.jpg
This lore bit here also mentions skilled horsemen:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/An_Empire_Divided:_A_Selected_History_of_Mysterious_Cantha_for_the_Traveling_Scholar
And here’s a dude in original GW that mentions riding horses:
http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zumo_the_Beggar
Hey, hey you! I was riding my horse to the other side of town and I ran out of hey to feed him to get there. Spare a few gold so I can feed him and be on my way?

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Well if they already invisible then the hidemount option must clearly work already haha.

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

Lol nice one!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Let’s be logical. In any game mounts will not be superfluous. Another thing is that the game is not very suitable for mounts. Not vice versa. You can not add mounts here with huge speed gain. it may ruin some aspects of the game. Customize these aspects under such innovation – is too time-consuming.
Another thing is that if we introduce mounts as the usual decorative bauble – very few people will want to buy it themselves. Trust me on a word. Therefore it’s not worth to be introduced.
1) There should be a regular speed buff, but not more than the maximum possible. 25-33%. It will relieve some of the classes of seting special skills to move faster. Hence it makes a decorative element to raise the quality of the game. Many people will buy it for the sake of convenience. Moreover, it would not affect nor of any game aspects.
2) Mounts should have unique skills, and be like the transformation of the tonics. This will create a kind of mini-game and adds a bit of variation and ma-a-agic (In terms of fun). Allowing to feel yourself like cavalry soldier or a rider of multi-ton dolyak. People will want to buy it for fun.

However, to avoid any inconsistencies – should prohibit their use in all aspects of the current pvp (except specially designed).

However, I would not want them to just sold for gems. It spoils “sense of immersion”. Cutting them from the world, by bringing the whole process of getting to the grind of money (of which there more then enough) A collection of mounts will be much more valuable then collection of pets. Wherefore devs should introduce different methods for their preparation. Drop, exploration, pvp rewards, etc.

I made a comment in this thread that covers pretty much everything. But we do have a huge gameworld that is perfect for mounts. I can`t think of any other game of this size that doesn`t have them. Whenever you have a massive world like this, developers usually add in various ways to travel and we got just waypoints. Sure, if you are in a rush a waypoint is great. I am grateful they are there but I`d rather use something else if it was available, something I liked. Go look a few posts up at the rundown I wrote for them on acquiring them. That is pretty fair for anyone.

Arenanet would also make a fortune on the gemshop versions. Nearly every game that has mounts in it that you can buy from a vendor also has some from a gem or cash shop. And the majority of mounts you see people using are the cash shop ones. It`s just good business to provide products your customers ask for and sooner or later it`s gonna happen. Whether it be now or in a few years, it will happen.

I like the idea of the mount skills you mentioned. Though I do think they should be used just for what they are. If we wanted to keep combat off of mounts they really shouldn`t get any skills. But a racetrack or mounted events would be something cool. They have the guild rushes and could make a mounted rush open to the public as a world event that is timed. People love the little things like that and would show up in droves.

Why not? GW2 is unordinary game . So it shouldn’t be ordinary mounts . Also, I know the games where mount’s skills are good implemented ( Allods Online, for example). Take a look from the corner of the developers: if you add to the game mounts that are needed just for beauty, many players simply will not buy them. Now we have, for example, minis. They exist only for beauty. How often do you see players actualy using them? I saw 4-5 during whole year, and they’ve just stood in the city. Developers will not spend time on potentially unclaimed items. On the other hand the unique skills of mounts – increase of atmospheric and make them a practical thing. It’s just funny, after all. Anyone want to ride and chop mobs sitting on a horse. And, generally speaking, no1 cares about how you killing mobs in open world PvE. In any case, I doubt that it will be OP. New animations, models and skills (the same tonics for example), developers added regularly. This implementation of mounts will be quite simple in execution.

Personally, I believe that simply decorative increase 25-33% of speed, which also lost at each stroke of mobs (and here it quite difficult to avoid) – pretty boring addition to THIS game.

On the theme of horses – I found a couple more artworks. Beautiful. Me want.

Attachments:

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

in Suggestions

Henge.3907

I would like this mount…

http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/325158959

Or a less buggy charr tank

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Yeah mount`s shouldn`t be limited to just animals either. They have the char tanks, golems and all other kinds of tech in the game that could be adapted. There could be something for everyone I`m sure.

This might be considered mounts but I thought an of idea for an event to kill thse pesky champion megalodons that one shot you all the time. Have a pirate ship event to kill the sharks and have it full of harpoon cannons. also have people steer the boat to keep the shark in range while the players try and kill it before it eats the boat. and have npc` throw out a bunch of one liners from jaws while its going on. Would be a blast. Could do the event with the members of destinys edge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

That`s ok, if you don`t want one. You don`t have to buy one. If you don’t want to see one , turn off the graphic! Stay in your little cube and use waypoints till your hearts content. But leave the rest of us the heck alone. That is the beauty of this whole conversation. Some of you just can`t grasp that though.

If you read the whole thread more people don’t want mounts outweighs the few who do so stay in your little cube but leave the rest of us the heck alone. Most people don’t want mount but you just can’t grasp that though.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

If you read the whole thread more people don’t want mounts outweighs the few who do so stay in your little cube but leave the rest of us the heck alone. Most people don’t want mount but you just can’t grasp that though.

Most of the people results absurd and self-deprecating arguments in this favor, again and again. In type of " to have mounts and WP at the same time" for some reason, “will be too OP”. Or " to have mounts will be too fun." People who are FOR mounts, in my opinion, results much more comprehensible arguments. Estimate it, not the number of people.
Oddly enough, but in forums (especially in suggestions themes) are extremely small percentage of the community. And many of the people sitting at the forum, in general, are just some kind of forum-warriors who would be opposite ANYTHING, for just to be able to argue with someone.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Just look at every game that offers mounts. Whether people want them or not, they sell and people use them. I can grasp fine that people don`t want to have mounts. but what you fail to understand is that just because you don`t want it doesn`t mean I shouldn`t be able to have it. Come up with better constructive arguments then just not wanting just because. That really don`t help the naysayers case any. I have laid out perfectly acceptable means that would accommodate everyone. Now if you still can`t see that and still want to argue, then you are one of those people that can`t be pleased no matter what.

the devs are probably watching this thread wondering why they didn`t come up with half the ideas I wrote.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

Most of the people results absurd and self-deprecating arguments in this favor, again and again. In type of " to have mounts and WP at the same time" for some reason, “will be too OP”. Or " to have mounts will be too fun." People who are FOR mounts, in my opinion, results much more comprehensible arguments. Estimate it, not the number of people.
Oddly enough, but in forums (especially in suggestions themes) are extremely small percentage of the community. And many of the people sitting at the forum, in general, are just some kind of forum-warriors who would be opposite ANYTHING, for just to be able to argue with someone.

Ok here goes it. I am fine with mounts like what they have in the gem store or if they implemented something like they had in GW1. My problem is that the people that REALLY want mounts seem to have an all or nothing attitude. The fact that they want is SO bad seems to make them think that players that don’t want their vision should just deal with it.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Ok here goes it. I am fine with mounts like what they have in the gem store or if they implemented something like they had in GW1. My problem is that the people that REALLY want mounts seem to have an all or nothing attitude. The fact that they want is SO bad seems to make them think that players that don’t want their vision should just deal with it.

There isn`t anything to deal with! You don`t like them? Turn them off! You can have mounts in the game and never see a single one. For something that would effect you in 0% way, people sure like to argue against it. This topic is to let arenanet know there is a % of players who would like them and are more then willing to open up their wallets. Have some on vendors , have some in the gemshop, everyones happy. Hell. I never bought anything from the gw store until they came out with the costumes, then I bought like 5 of them. For my account.

People got upset when fractals were added. Now we have them and the game is still the same and you needn’t ever do a single one unless you want to. This is more options added to the game but realize it is still only an option, not something mandatory you need to have or do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kansuke.8706

kansuke.8706

Oh, i would like a tiger mount!

And it would do great in the gemstore as well.

Saii – The Red Lotus

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

Pretty simple question. The game – it the number of available options. If someone does not like something – he does not use it. He has the option – to use or not to use. It is unlikely that dev-s will force someone to use mounts. But if you like something and this is not exists – you have no options. This is not fair.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Why not? GW2 is unordinary game . So it shouldn’t be ordinary mounts . Also, I know the games where mount’s skills are good implemented ( Allods Online, for example). Take a look from the corner of the developers: if you add to the game mounts that are needed just for beauty, many players simply will not buy them. Now we have, for example, minis. They exist only for beauty. How often do you see players actualy using them? I saw 4-5 during whole year, and they’ve just stood in the city. Developers will not spend time on potentially unclaimed items. On the other hand the unique skills of mounts – increase of atmospheric and make them a practical thing. It’s just funny, after all. Anyone want to ride and chop mobs sitting on a horse. And, generally speaking, no1 cares about how you killing mobs in open world PvE. In any case, I doubt that it will be OP. New animations, models and skills (the same tonics for example), developers added regularly. This implementation of mounts will be quite simple in execution.

Personally, I believe that simply decorative increase 25-33% of speed, which also lost at each stroke of mobs (and here it quite difficult to avoid) – pretty boring addition to THIS game.

On the theme of horses – I found a couple more artworks. Beautiful. Me want.

That’s just Anet teasing you. They have NO plans to bring back houses.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

Pretty simple question. The game – it the number of available options. If someone does not like something – he does not use it. He has the option – to use or not to use. It is unlikely that dev-s will force someone to use mounts. But if you like something and this is not exists – you have no options. This is not fair.

Whether you like it or not anything added to the game effects everyone. Does living story effect me even though I choose to ignore the content? Yes it does whether through prices in the tp or where the zerg train wants to be. There are far better things the developers could be spending their time on instead of mounts like commander tag improvements, new maps/races/professions. So yes the addition of mounts would effect every one either directly or indirectly.

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

Whether you like it or not anything added to the game effects everyone. Does living story effect me even though I choose to ignore the content? Yes it does whether through prices in the tp or where the zerg train wants to be. There are far better things the developers could be spending their time on instead of mounts like commander tag improvements, new maps/races/professions. So yes the addition of mounts would effect every one either directly or indirectly.

Not convincing. Too vague philosophical reasoning. If I don’t do the story – no way it affect me.
Another person who believes that developers are doing together, all as a single one, to do content. It will be ~5-10 people, who will create mounts. The rest will continue to do what they do. Maximum how it will affect the players – they will not receive regular suit in game shop, but will find mount there instead.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

Not convincing. Too vague philosophical reasoning. If I don’t do the story – no way it affect me.
Another person who believes that developers are doing together, all as a single one, to do content. It will be ~5-10 people, who will create mounts. The rest will continue to do what they do. Maximum how it will affect the players – they will not receive regular suit in game shop, but will find mount there instead.

And those 5-10 people could be doing something else.

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

And those 5-10 people could be doing something else.

Yep. That suit, which I have mentioned.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

The fact remains – on the list of improvements across the whole of the game mounts should be and probably are very low on the list if at all.

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

The fact remains – on the list of improvements across the whole of the game mounts should be and probably are very low on the list if at all.

To not want introduction of interesting things in the hope that instead they will introduce something that may seem to you a bit better – is not the best argument too.

Instead of hoping for something, I’d better go on forum and ask devs to introduce mounts. I will not go into other’s suggestions topics to write there, “hey, dude. I do not want what you offer, because devs may spend time on it, instead of spending time on my offer.”

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Now the funny thing is. The commander tags, races and professions I could really care less about. I don`t have a commander tag and I don`t need one. I only play as a human so I`m set. Only play one profession so there isn`t anything for me worry about there. Do you see where I`m going with this? As much and as little as those things mean to me, I hope the players that are interested in them get what they want because it makes everyone happy. Won`t mean a squirt to me if they introduce a new race called Toadstool Jimmy because I won`t be playing it. But there might be plenty of people who wanna be one. Who am I to say they can`t?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kings.7491

Kings.7491

Mounts are a huge topic, the possibilities are endless when it comes to rarity, design and features. I think this would add a lot to the game even if it’s just one or two mounts per race for starters. Make them expensive, feature rich and good looking.

I want mounts so I can travel faster, waypoints are adequate and all, but they cost money and you just don’t see as much of this amazing in-game world. And yes I do want a speed boost that is more than 33%, more like 50%.

I want mounts so I can skip mobs in the open world, who cares about trash mobs anyway? They are often just placed in a annoying grid pattern that’s in my way.

I want mounts so I can show off how bad kitten I am. Award them as a special reward for achievements, money or just plain luck loot, hell I would even buy them for gems.

Suggestions for race specific mounts:
Human – Horse
Charr – Tank (some sort of machinery)
Asura – Motorbike (In a transforming golem style)
Sylvari – Oakhearts
Norn – Warg (Or a really big wolf)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This thread needs to be locked.

in Suggestions

MeGaZlo.9516

Mounts are a huge topic, the possibilities are endless when it comes to rarity, design and features. I think this would add a lot to the game even if it’s just one or two mounts per race for starters. Make them expensive, feature rich and good looking.

I want mounts so I can travel faster, waypoints are adequate and all, but they cost money and you just don’t see as much of this amazing in-game world. And yes I do want a speed boost that is more than 33%, more like 50%.

I want mounts so I can skip mobs in the open world, who cares about trash mobs anyway? They are often just placed in a annoying grid pattern that’s in my way.

I want mounts so I can show off how bad kitten I am. Award them as a special reward for achievements, money or just plain luck loot, hell I would even buy them for gems.

Human – Horse
Sylvari – Oakhearts

I think Norns usually ride dolyaks =).
Asura rides on special golems. Devs tried to introduce it in game as an elite skill.
The problem with a speed boost of more than 33% – is jump puzzles. Too difficult and costly well be to restrict their movement on separate areas. And eliminate all vulnerabilities. So I think, a much more viable option would be 33% still. Practicality within reasonable bounds.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Human – Horse
Sylvari – Oakhearts

I didn`t think about the oakhearts, that`s a good idea. Be funny to see one move fast for a change. I always thought of the charr riding devourers since they had a bond with them in the first game. But the tanks are a neat idea too. The wargs are naturally evil so it would be kind of strange for them to be a norn racial mount. But they could be added as normal ones everyone could access. The dolyak seem the perfect choice for them. I imagined the asura using some kind of levitating disc like how the broom floats, but with little lights on it. Sort of like standing on a mini flying saucer or magic carpet. That and piggyback on special golems. You are right though, they could do all kinds of wonderful things with it.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

This thread needs to be locked.

We aren`t hurting anyone while fantasizing about fantasy things in our favorite fantasy game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You are pushing down possibly good suggestions with more mount threads.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Some of us think mounts are good suggestion. You don`t see me naysaying anything you support do you?

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Only players who didn’t play GW ask for mounts. Anyone who played GW knows not to ask for them.

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Only players who didn’t play GW ask for mounts. Anyone who played GW knows not to ask for them.

I just got my 7th year birthday gifts!

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Some of us think mounts are good suggestion. You don`t see me naysaying anything you support do you?

Emphasis on some. The majority of GW2 players could not give a toss about mounts or how other MMOs are somehow uber-amazing because they have sparkly flying unicorns for $18 each.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.